Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde Revised on Sale

From the Court of the World Emperor to the Barbarian Tribelands of Altanis. Explore Bob Bledsaw's Wilderlands under the shadow of the Invincible Overlord...
robertsconley
Hobgoblin

Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde Revised on Sale

Post by robertsconley » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:50 am

I am pleased to announce the release of Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde. This is the second of four products covering the eighteen maps that encompasses the Judges Guild Wilderlands setting. This product covers five of the maps as detailed below. The four sets combined will cover a region equal in size to Western Europe providing years and decades of adventuring for you and your group.

Unlike many setting products, the Wilderlands sketches out the overview and history in light detail. Then presents a comprehensive list of local detail in a compact format that is customizable. This eliminates much of the tedious work involved in creating a setting and allows the referee to focus on the campaign and the grand adventures the players face as their characters.

This is presented at two products both in PDF and Print on Demand.

The first product is a 38 page guidebook containing a brief overview of and commentary on Maps Six to Map Ten of the Wilderlands along with lists covering details on Villages, Castles, Lairs, Ruins, and Islands.

Included with the Guidebook are letter sized blank map of the Wilderlands that can be used to take notes during a campaign. A PDF with the map legend. A letter size black and white guide to the placement of each of the 18 maps within the Wilderlands.

Finally a giant sized preliminary version of the master map that I used to crop the individual maps from. With the right printer this can be printed as a full scale map 5 feet wide and 8 feet long. With the PDF you can selectively copy out regions as complete maps that overlap the borders of the 18 maps. After the release of the final set of maps this file will be updated as a layered PDF allowing for custom maps of the Wilderlands to be copied or created.

The second product is a set of five maps: City State of the World Emperor, Desert Lands, Sea of Five, Elphand Lands, and Lenap. When ordered via print on the demand they are printed in two overlapping halves each on a 12" by 18" poster. In addition each map is presented as a 22" by 17" PDF file.

The maps have been redrawn from the original in a color style. Instead of the distinct symbols of the original maps, terrain has been drawn as a transparent fill and vegetation represented by colored areas. This allows both terrain and vegetation to overlap. Representing more accurately the complexity and diversity of the Wilderland's geography.

This release will be followed by the Wilderlands of the Magic Realm in a few weeks covering the next four maps of the Wilderlands.

A preview PDF
https://www.rpgnow.com/download_preview.php?pid=248325

The Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde Guidebook
https://www.rpgnow.com/product/248325/F ... -Guidebook

The Fantastic Wilderlands Color Map
https://www.rpgnow.com/product/248227/F ... Color-Maps

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde Revised on Sale

Post by Big Mac » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:00 pm

Is this a remake of an earlier Wilderlands product Robert?

Or is the guidebook an addition to an earlier product?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

robertsconley
Hobgoblin

Post by robertsconley » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:00 pm

It is a revision of an earlier Wilderlands product, Fantasy Wilderlands Beyonde.

What been revised is that known errata has been applied,
Map 6 has been added.
Supporting material added like an explanation of the poison types referenced in the original.
Some commentary by myself and material from City State of the World Emperor been added.
Any game statistics has been slightly altered to use Swords & Wizardry a OD&D retro-clone.
The listing are otherwise the same as the original.

Pretty much the same as the Wilderlands of High Fantasy I released earlier except covering Maps 5 to 10. The next one will be Wilderlands of the Magic Ream which will cover 11 to 14.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:21 pm

robertsconley wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:18 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:00 pm

It is a revision of an earlier Wilderlands product, Fantasy Wilderlands Beyonde.

What been revised is that known errata has been applied,
Map 6 has been added.
Supporting material added like an explanation of the poison types referenced in the original.
Some commentary by myself and material from City State of the World Emperor been added.
Any game statistics has been slightly altered to use Swords & Wizardry a OD&D retro-clone.
The listing are otherwise the same as the original.
Thanks Robert.
robertsconley wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:18 pm
Pretty much the same as the Wilderlands of High Fantasy I released earlier except covering Maps 5 to 10. The next one will be Wilderlands of the Magic Ream which will cover 11 to 14.
Would you recommend people avoid buying your earlier Wilderlands of High Fantasy now and buy this and wait for Wilderlands of the Magic Ream instead?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

robertsconley
Hobgoblin

Post by robertsconley » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:21 pm
Would you recommend people avoid buying your earlier Wilderlands of High Fantasy now and buy this and wait for Wilderlands of the Magic Ream instead?
Like the original there are 4 sets of maps.

Wilderlands of High Fantasy Maps 1 to 5
Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde Maps 6 to 10
Wilderlands of the Magic Realm 11 to 14
Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches 15 to 18

The only advantage of waiting is to save a little on shipping by being able to combine all the maps in one order.

This PDF explains what is covered in what.

http://www.batintheattic.com/downloads/ ... review.pdf

Chris107
Hobgoblin

Post by Chris107 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:47 am

The postage isn’t all that bad, even to the U.K.
especially considering what you pay to get hold of the original maps these days. The whole package for Wilderlands Beyonde Revised was less than £23.00 inclusive of P&P.
The hard copies of High Fantasy arrived at my door in double quick time and I have no doubt these new ones will do too.
These products have made running my Wilderlands games so much easier and allowing my much abused originals a well earned rest :)

robertsconley
Hobgoblin

Post by robertsconley » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:29 pm

Glad to hear that overseas shipping is working out.

Chris107
Hobgoblin

Post by Chris107 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:43 pm

Arrived today. Under a week! First Class service.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:45 am

robertsconley wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:08 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:21 pm
Like the original there are 4 sets of maps.

Wilderlands of High Fantasy Maps 1 to 5
Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde Maps 6 to 10
Wilderlands of the Magic Realm 11 to 14
Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches 15 to 18

The only advantage of waiting is to save a little on shipping by being able to combine all the maps in one order.

This PDF explains what is covered in what.

http://www.batintheattic.com/downloads/ ... review.pdf
Thanks for clarifying that Robert.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:50 am

Chris107 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:47 am
The postage isn’t all that bad, even to the U.K.
especially considering what you pay to get hold of the original maps these days. The whole package for Wilderlands Beyonde Revised was less than £23.00 inclusive of P&P.
...and...
Chris107 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:43 pm
Arrived today. Under a week! First Class service.
That's because RPG Now/DriveThru RPG use Lightning Source for their Print on Demand production and Lightning Source have facilities to print and mail out the book in the UK (and also in many other countries around the world).

It's a game changer because Robert doesn't have to pay expensive USPS Priority Mail rates to ship from the US to the UK (and then add that to your bill). So the total cost of ownership is lower (to overseas fans) and that means that Robert can make things affordable for people outside of the USA.

I'm hoping this will help expand the Wilderlands player base (and give everyone more people to talk to). :)

Chris107
Hobgoblin

Post by Chris107 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:10 pm

👍🏻

Return to “Wilderlands”