Other Wilderlands Websites (& Free Downloads)

From the Court of the World Emperor to the Barbarian Tribelands of Altanis. Explore Bob Bledsaw's Wilderlands under the shadow of the Invincible Overlord...

Other Wilderlands Websites (& Free Downloads)

Postby Big Mac » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:10 pm

WILDERLANDS:

FORUMS AND COMMUNITIES:

FREE WILDERLANDS DOWNLOADS:

If you see any other useful Wilderlands websites, please post links about them in this thread and myself (or a moderator) will update this post to include them. Dead links should also be reported here (with the new URL if you know it). Please keep other chit-chat out of this thread. If you want to discuss any of these web resources please start a new thread.

LAST EDIT (by Big Mac 17 Aug 2014): Judges Guild page (at Necromancer Games) link in main section and Lesser Races of the Wilderlands link in the Free Downloads, swapped for Wayback Machine version. Ancient Tomes and Books of Magic was also added to the Free Download section. Thanks Havard.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 23 times in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Other Wilderlands Websites (& Free Downloads)

Postby Big Mac » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:13 pm

I just noticed that we don't have a thread for this yet, so have thrown this up. I'll have a dig around and add some more links later, but if anyone has a list of Wilderlands links that might speed things up.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Cool Big Mac!

I have a collection of links to various Wilderlands downloads on my website as well:
http://blackmoor.mystara.us/downloads.html

I can post the actual links later, but I am too lazy right now ;)

Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:41 am

Havard wrote:I have a collection of links to various Wilderlands downloads on my website as well:
http://blackmoor.mystara.us/downloads.html

Thanks Havard. I've grabbed the two maps but the Pegasus magazine issues seem to have been taken down (or moved). :cry:

EDIT: By the way, I am still fairly ignorant about the Wilderlands, so if a download says something like the name of a town (and there is no mention of the setting on the page) I might overlook it. I'm sure there must be some generic JG downloads that everyone associates with the Wilderlands.

EDIT2: Thanks to whoever stickied this thread (Ash?).
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:39 pm

Big Mac wrote:Thanks Havard. I've grabbed the two maps but the Pegasus magazine issues seem to have been taken down (or moved). :cry:

*grumble, grumble* I wonder if they would mind if I hosted them on my site? I mean once they have been out for free once...?

EDIT: By the way, I am still fairly ignorant about the Wilderlands, so if a download says something like the name of a town (and there is no mention of the setting on the page) I might overlook it. I'm sure there must be some generic JG downloads that everyone associates with the Wilderlands.

I'll see if I can look over it later, unless someone beats me to it... :)

EDIT2: Thanks to whoever stickied this thread (Ash?).

Probably :)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:12 pm

Havard wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Thanks Havard. I've grabbed the two maps but the Pegasus magazine issues seem to have been taken down (or moved). :cry:

*grumble, grumble* I wonder if they would mind if I hosted them on my site? I mean once they have been out for free once...?

They have three Jugdges Guild websites (for some strange reason) and I think that Necromnancer used to control one of the three. Maybe the original JG staff decided to move the downloads to one of the other two websites.

EDIT: I just found these at Necromancer Games! :D

Havard wrote:
Big Mac wrote:EDIT: By the way, I am still fairly ignorant about the Wilderlands, so if a download says something like the name of a town (and there is no mention of the setting on the page) I might overlook it. I'm sure there must be some generic JG downloads that everyone associates with the Wilderlands.

I'll see if I can look over it later, unless someone beats me to it... :)

Well, there is no rush. We managed without this thread before, but I would like to slowly build up the links to help people find out about Wilderlands. I just wish that we had a Wilderlands Wiki to help explain the world. That would be a link that I would be using a lot myself. (The Pathfinder Wiki seems pretty cool. They have spoken to Paizo and worked out a gentlemen's agreement about what information helps promote Pathfinder without stoping peole from buying the gamebooks. It would be great if a similar wiki could come along and support AGP and other Wilderlands publishers and help newbies learn about the various versions of Wilderlands.)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Plaag » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:31 pm

http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
James site now for all things AGP (the old site cost money, the blog site I don't think does)

ShaneG.
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Plaag
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Plaag wrote:http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
James site now for all things AGP (the old site cost money, the blog site I don't think does)

Thanks! We are back up to date now (although I suspect there are other Wilderlands websites out there).
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby robertsconley » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:30 am

robertsconley
Hobgoblin

Postby Big Mac » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:48 am

robertsconley wrote:you can add http://www.batintheattic.com

Thanks for that Robert. I'm up to date again.

Welcome aboard The Piazza. 8-)
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Alex Hoggett at the Wilderlands Fans Facebook group wrote:A couple links on your free downloads post now redirect to spam/trick facebook survey sites so you should remove them.

It's Treasure vault - maps to adventure

Thanks Alex. :cool:

I've changed three judgesguild.net links to archived versions. Sadly the first of the two pages with maps on does not have archive copies of the actual maps. I'm leaving the partially working page up in the hope that someone in the community has all of the lost maps and can put them somewhere else.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Wilderlands Regions link (from Havard's Regions Overview thread) added to first post.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:04 am

Judges Guild Compendium link added to first post.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Plaag » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Big Mac wrote:Judges Guild Compendium link added to first post.

Sadly have not touched that in a long time, though would love to someday complete it.

ShaneG.
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Plaag
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Plaag wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Judges Guild Compendium link added to first post.

Sadly have not touched that in a long time, though would love to someday complete it.

If you think that additional help would allow you to get some work done, please feel free to start up a Judges Guild Compendium thread here, so that other people can chip in. I don't know enough about the Wilderlands to help, but I bet that other people would give you input on things like sources.

You could for example, make the first post into a list of the information you need (book names and page numbers or whatever) and then carry on with the first entry in the A section (Abdu-Kab).
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:42 am

Ripvanwormer mentioned a download in this reply to the Races of the Wilderlands thread:

ripvanwormer wrote:There's a free PDF from Necromancer Games called "Lesser Races of the Wilderlands." You can download it here. It includes:

Astari (six-fingered star people)
Bardik (a race of natural bards)
Confed (fat, furry people)
Demi-giants, who are nine feet tall.
Ghuls, who have transparent skin.
Lunari, four-fingered albino moon people.
Solari, glowing sun people.
Swerting, savage humans with goblin blood.

I've added it to the above list. If you know of any more downloads that I've missed please post them in this thread.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Scourge of the Demon Wolf Design Notes link added to Free Wilderlands Downloads section in first post.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Judges Guild Game Company link added to Forums and Communities section.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Necromancer Games Website is now only available through the internet archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/201204150556 ... games.com/

This includes their JG page and downloads.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Havard wrote:Necromancer Games Website is now only available through the internet archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/201204150556 ... games.com/

This includes their JG page and downloads.

Judges Guild page (at Necromancer Games) link in main section and Lesser Races of the Wilderlands link in the Free Downloads, swapped for Wayback Machine version. Ancient Tomes and Books of Magic was also added to the Free Download section. Thanks Havard.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Wilderlands