Starfinder one-page cheat sheet

Discuss Paizo's Pathfinder rules here. Discussion of the World of Golarion campaign setting can also be held here.
The Book-House: Find Pathfinder RPG products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Starfinder one-page cheat sheet

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:54 am

I don't follow Pathfinder very closely, but I came across this one-page cheat sheet that summarizes some of the key differences between Pathfinder and Starfinder. I have to say, these rules sound like improvements. Here are few highlights from my perspective.

Swift actions are rare. Fewer actions provoke Attacks of Opportunity. This should speed up combat.

Critical hits no longer need to be confirmed. This makes combat more cinematic, and the PCs trigger awesome moments more frequently.

I'd like to see the new damage system in play and get a sense of how large these pools of points are. Based purely on what I've read here, it sounds like another mechanic that will make more robust PCs that can shake off damage to some degree, allowing the story to continue. I'm particularly curious to see if this mechanic is sufficient to make a party without a healer viable.

The removal of stats for combat maneuvers and defenses, touch AC, and flat-footed AC simplifies combat as well as character sheets.

Have you read Starfinder yet? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you like the changes to its Pathfinder core? Would it be easy to play Starfinder in a fantasy setting (using the somewhat simplified characters and combat mechanics and the more robust healing, but stripping out the sci-fi elements)?
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Return to “Pathfinder”