How many 3PP 3e settings moved to Pathfinder RPG?

Discuss Paizo's Pathfinder rules here. Discussion of the World of Golarion campaign setting can also be held here.
The Book-House: Find Pathfinder RPG products.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

How many 3PP 3e settings moved to Pathfinder RPG?

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:44 pm

I was reading Cthulhuldrew's topic about the Geek & Sundry Story of D&D articles and the conversation about the articles was turning to how Paizo had stepped in with Pathfinder RPG at the end of the 3rd Edition era.

This has gotten me thinking: how many 3rd Party Publisher campaign settings migrated from 3rd Edition rules to Pathfinder RPG? I know of a few, but are there more?

CAMPAIGN SETTINGS THAT MIGRATED FROM 3.0/3.5 TO PATHFINDER:
  • Amethyst
  • Freeport
  • Midgard
  • NeoExodus: A House Divided
  • Pathfinder Campaign Setting
  • Scarred Lands
  • Sovereign Stone
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: How many 3PP 3e settings moved to Pathfinder RPG?

Postby Tim Baker » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:50 am

Others include:

• Amethyst from Dias Ex Machina
  • The Midgard Campaign Setting from Kobold Press
  • NeoExodus from LPJ Design
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Zeromaru X » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:24 am

Well, I don't think Amethyst "moved" to Pathfinder, as they also released a D&D 4e version, including like 3 books (one of them a revision for later 4e rules, that I heavily used in my campaigns to include technological stuff in my NV campaign). So, I guess they just created their version for Pathfinder without leaving D&D.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Tim Baker » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:27 am

Zeromaru X wrote:Well, I don't think Amethyst "moved" to Pathfinder, as they also released a D&D 4e version, including like 3 books (one of them a revision for later 4e rules, that I heavily used in my campaigns to include technological stuff in my NV campaign). So, I guess they just created their version for Pathfinder without leaving D&D.

That's fair. It wasn't a straightforward migration from one system to the other. From that perspective, Midgard wouldn't count either, as Kobold Press published books for 4e for a while (concurrently with Pathfinder).
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:43 am

as far as I'm aware of
anything made for 3.0/3.5 is fully compatible with Pathfinder so the sky is the limit on material released for 3.x to use by the DM to keep one's players on their toes

or the edge of their seats!
Lord Sheriff Takari
Gnoll

Postby Doc Chaos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 pm

I use Star Wars d20 with Pathfinder!
Doc Chaos
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:51 pm

Tim Baker wrote:Others include:

• Amethyst from Dias Ex Machina

I was thinking of asking you what this was, but you posted about the 5th Edition D&D version of Amethyst back in 2016...and I answered you.

Tim Baker wrote:
  • The Midgard Campaign Setting from Kobold Press

Of course! :)

Tim Baker wrote:
  • NeoExodus from LPJ Design

He has sure made a ton of products for that setting. :)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:04 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Zeromaru X wrote:Well, I don't think Amethyst "moved" to Pathfinder, as they also released a D&D 4e version, including like 3 books (one of them a revision for later 4e rules, that I heavily used in my campaigns to include technological stuff in my NV campaign). So, I guess they just created their version for Pathfinder without leaving D&D.

That's fair. It wasn't a straightforward migration from one system to the other. From that perspective, Midgard wouldn't count either, as Kobold Press published books for 4e for a while (concurrently with Pathfinder).

I suppose there must be some settings that supported Pathfinder, but not 4th Edition, other settings that supported 4th Edition, but not Pathfinder and others still that supported both (or neither). It could get complicated if I looked for settings that chose Pathfinder over 4th Edition or if I tried to count how many settings there were for each ruleset.

I think I'll stick with my original question of 3PP settings that were published with 3e rules and then Pathfinder RPG rules.

If 3e-to-Pathfinder settings also supported 4th Edition, True 20, 13th Age, Savage Worlds or anything else, that's fine. :D
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:as far as I'm aware of
anything made for 3.0/3.5 is fully compatible with Pathfinder so the sky is the limit on material released for 3.x to use by the DM to keep one's players on their toes

or the edge of their seats!

Anything can be converted.

I'm looking specifically for 3rd Party Publishers, who used to publish things with a 3rd Edition compatibility logo (of some sort) and who then published things with a Pathfinder RPG compatibility logo.

I wouldn't say that Forgotten Realms and Eberron supported Pathfinder RPG. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:41 am

Doc Chaos wrote:I use Star Wars d20 with Pathfinder!

I don't think we have bumped into each other before, Doc. Welcome to The Piazza!

You might want to pop over to the Introduce yourself here topic, say "hi" and tell people a bit about yourself and the sort of things you like to talk about.

There is no official Pathfinder version of Star Wars, but I bet you are not the only person playing Star Wars with Pathfinder RPG rules. I wonder if there are a lot of fan conversion documents out there. I wonder if anyone is using Starfinder rules to play Star Wars. :?

Maybe you could write about Star Wars with Pathfinder rules in the Star Wars forum and see if anyone else is doing similar stuff to you. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Pathfinder