Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document

Discuss Paizo's Pathfinder rules here. Discussion of the World of Golarion campaign setting can also be held here.
The Book-House: Find Pathfinder RPG products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document

Post by Big Mac » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:21 am

Am I going blind or have Paizo pulled the monsters from their updated version of the SRD?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Re: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document

Post by Cthulhudrew » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:50 am

Did they ever even add them in? To my recollection, they had never put any in in the first place. Vic Wertz on the Paizo forums had this to say about it:
Vic Wertz wrote:Currently, the retail release date is set at November 4 for all outlets. (If any retailer is telling you differently, that's their own choice.) The PDF will be available for sale separately on that date as well, and that's *probably* also the date that we'll add appropriate Open Game Content from the Bestiary to the PRD.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:54 am

Cthulhudrew wrote:Did they ever even add them in? To my recollection, they had never put any in in the first place.
Sorry. I meant, they didn't bother to make updates for this available.
Cthulhudrew wrote:Vic Wertz on the Paizo forums had this to say about it:
Vic Wertz wrote:Currently, the retail release date is set at November 4 for all outlets. (If any retailer is telling you differently, that's their own choice.) The PDF will be available for sale separately on that date as well, and that's *probably* also the date that we'll add appropriate Open Game Content from the Bestiary to the PRD.
Hmm. So we are due a PRD update. I'll have to see how much of this stuff they define as 'appropriate Open Game Content'. I will expect to see everything from 3.0/3.5 at the very least.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up Cthulhudrew.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:06 am

I suspect most of it should be in there; I don't have the Bestiary yet, but from what I've read, they tried to make it as non-campaign (ie, Golarion) specific as possible, so it's probably mostly open content.

There have been some name changes, from what I understand, though (partially due to WotC copyright, partially due to preference). So things like Guardinals and Eladrin are not in there under their old names (and of course, the Illithids and Githyanki).

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:28 am

Cthulhudrew wrote:There have been some name changes, from what I understand, though (partially due to WotC copyright, partially due to preference). So things like Guardinals and Eladrin are not in there under their old names (and of course, the Illithids and Githyanki).
They can't put Illithids in the PRD. But if WotC can use Cthulu-inspired monsters, I'm sure everyone else can. :twisted:

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:15 am

PRD has been updated with the monsters from the Bestiary. Poring over it now for more info... :)

Some things I like so far:

Shoggoth :D

Froghemoth 8-)
(Could go well with a Blackmoor/Froggies campaign)

And, I don't know why it never occurred to me before (especially since I really like the Expanded Psionics Handbook), but the Neothelid would make for great Greater Burrowers in Hollow World campaigns.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:56 am

Now updated with Mythic Adventures.

Return to “Pathfinder”