Warcraft RPG 5th Edition...

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.

Re: Warcraft RPG 5th Edition...

Postby Arrius Nideal » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Version 2.2 is almost ready to be rolled out!
I'm itching to make a new class, though. We've covered almost everything (my eye is on an Alchemist class that can make stronger potions, so apothecary becomes an archetype), but am open for suggestions.
However, I realize the conversion doesn't have a lot in the magical items department (most work is focused on spells, alchemy, and engineering), and the Monster section is still incomplete when it comes to converted monsters (some are in reference outdated rules).

What should we focus on next?
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Postby Arrius Nideal » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:16 pm

Update: 2.2 released (March 21, 2017): Improved class mana-restoration abilities, aura overhaul, added 10+ alchemical items, 3+ gadgets, flashbang grenades, +6 relics, mana shield no longer requires concentration, updated auras (all), new magical items (several relics and a dozen new weapons, including the arcanite reaper!), infused ammunition (fire arrows, black bullets, and arcane axes!), added Warlock and Shaman spell lists, armor sets (!) and several warlock spells added.

The armor sets so far include the Defias Leather, Cenarion Raiment, Judgment Armor, and Plagueheart Raiment.
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Postby Hibigimo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:31 pm

So I made an account just to comment. I have loved Warcraft since I was 5 years old, and am relatively new with DnD (about 2 years), and finding this topic has been just such a beautiful combining of worlds. I would absolutely love to offer any kind of help I can offer. I don't know how badly you all are hurting for help, but I have used naturalcrit before for my own homebrews so maybe i could just be another set of hands transferring the document from google drive to the official pages. Either way, keep up the great work!
Hibigimo
Kobold

Postby Arrius Nideal » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Update: We've hit over 6,200 views on the core document!

/celebration

The next update will be soon. It's a rather conservative update, mostly fixing existing systems and clarifications. The main gaps between Warcraft and 5e have been filled already. What's left are magic items, monsters, and perhaps a few spells.

@Hibigimo:
We'd love to have your help. Here is the Naturalcrit document, and it's taking some time to polish and continue the work.
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Postby Hibigimo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:19 pm

@ArriusNideal
Awesome! I'm fine with being a type junkie. The link you posted is the read only one, not the edit one. I guess I am asking what help you are looking for with me? Thanks for the reply!
Hibigimo
Kobold

Postby Arrius Nideal » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:26 pm

Well, there are several ways to help:

There's playtesting the rules and coming back with feedback. Making three characters and running them through a series of encounter or a dungeon (maybe even the Deadmines we made) and coming back with observations about how powerful spells/class features/items act in-game is very useful for balance reasons.
There's suggesting or coming up with new items (including magic and mundane equipment), classes, archetypes, races, monsters (or characters), or spells you'd like to see in the game. The general idea and some signature features work great. For example: Aetish the Greatstaff has the spells Plane Shift and Teleport, and is a +3 magic weapon of artifact quality.
There's designing a short adventure or short module (surviving a goblin gladiator arena, a dwarven expedition into Northrend to find Titan relics, or venturing into Outland to find traces of elder demons), which we could make into a module.
Finally, there is helping move the document from word form on Googledocs into a more professional PDF format. If you know how to use NaturalCrit's homebrew code, send me a PM with your email so we can share the code with you.
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft