It's Back!!

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.
Xander212
Kobold

It's Back!!

Post by Xander212 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:23 am

Well, Ladies and Gentleman...

When you google WoW RPG, all of the wikis will tell you the sad demise of the Warcraft RPG franchise, and most of the them will tell you that after the closure of the White Wolf forums, most of the people flocked to a forum called WoW D20.

Well, I am hear to tell you, that after years of time struggling to get my account back, I have finally succeeded and am throwing open the doors to WoW D20!!!

Now, the bad news is, that in the course of those years I have fallen out of favor with the Warcraft gods, and no longer play the game. I am no longer up to speed on all things Warcraft, as I once was. This means that I will need the help of you fine folk. I need moderators, and content creators. The forum is still a treasure trove of user created content, and as such I would love for those of you that have created content here to go throw it over on the old forums and attempt to revitalize the old bird.
|Tymarelian Tale my homebrew world. |
|WoW D20 the "official" unofficial Warcraft RPG forum. |

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: It's Back!!

Post by Big Mac » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:55 pm

Xander212 wrote:Well, Ladies and Gentleman...

When you google WoW RPG, all of the wikis will tell you the sad demise of the Warcraft RPG franchise, and most of the them will tell you that after the closure of the White Wolf forums, most of the people flocked to a forum called WoW D20.

Well, I am hear to tell you, that after years of time struggling to get my account back, I have finally succeeded and am throwing open the doors to WoW D20!!!
Welcome to The Pizza Xander212! :cool:

It is great to see you back in charge of your own forum, and it is great to finally see you over here.

There is a special Introduce yourself here for new members. You might want to pop over there, say "hi" and tell people what stuff you are interested in.
Xander212 wrote:Now, the bad news is, that in the course of those years I have fallen out of favor with the Warcraft gods, and no longer play the game. I am no longer up to speed on all things Warcraft, as I once was. This means that I will need the help of you fine folk. I need moderators, and content creators.
One of your previous moderators made me into a moderator for all of your forums (so that I could delete spammers while you were away). I'm happy to stay there as long as you need me, but if you can start to make some of the sections busy, they will eventually be too much for me to keep up with.
Xander212 wrote:The forum is still a treasure trove of user created content, and as such I would love for those of you that have created content here to go throw it over on the old forums and attempt to revitalize the old bird.
What I think your forums really needs is some starter threads to start to fill out all the different sections you have. I think that is an area where your forums can do something different to the WoW RPG forum at The Piazza. For example, there are no threads in the Outland Lore forum.

I think it would be just as easy to pick a random subject from Wowpedia, start a thread about it and get people to help create d20 System stats for that thing. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Deckenpuppel
Orc

Re: It's Back!!

Post by Deckenpuppel » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Well, consider me a druid in hibernation, waiting to be roused by the Horn of Cenarius.

If the P&P community experiences a new surge of activity, I would certainly be interested to be a part of it. I am not sure of how much help I can actually be. Even though I do play D&D/Pathfinder fairly regularly these days, I was never very much into coming up with new stats and rule mechanics. I am more into stories, descriptive texts, and general fluff.

In any case, it is good to see that you're back.

Return to “World of Warcraft”