Warcraft RPG 5th Edition...

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.

Re: Warcraft RPG 5th Edition...

Postby biapolis » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:59 pm

fitsou wrote:I want to ask one question.
in the Seal of Light it says at the Heightened section: At 4th level, you may double the value of healing....

this is the paladins level or the when he gain caster level 4 (8th Pala lvls) ?? the later sound more correct but need i clarification.

The heightened section is for spell levels, so as a 4th level spell it can be cast to heal twice as much. Unless I am missing something.
biapolis
Goblin

Postby khar76 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi there! I've been checking out your 5e and am really excited about it!! I've already made one suggestions (check in the Shadow Hunter section) and hope to be able to help and be a part of the development of this! Of course, if you don't want a drunken Orc smashing and defiling things in your lobby, I understand. Say the word and I'll start going to the AA meetings in Orgrimar!
"The Horde MUST have a leader!" - Vol'jin's dying breath
khar76
Goblin

Postby Arrius Nideal » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:29 am

@Seal of Light: There are two ways to use seals--you can use their passive buff (+proficiency to hit points in Seal of Light's case) or release the seal (dealing 2d8 extra holy damage to a melee attack like using a crusader strike, plus the +1d8 hit points of healing you get from releasing the seal).
If you heighten the seal, the passive buff doubles in strength (+2xproficinecy to hit points) or when you release the seal, it heals 2d8, plus dealing 5d8 extra holy damage (since this is a 4th level spell slot).
I'll clarify this in the document and may have to rewrite it to be clearer.

@Khar: Thanks for the note. Warcraft lore is too expansive for one man to possibly make sure of everything in it. :D

Edit: The update is almost ready, but will be delayed (as will any edits to the main file). I believe it won't come out until February. Final exams are eating my design time.
On the bright side, we are studying converting from the current Google Docs format to a better one that looks more presentable (PDF). My only regret is the inability for passers-by to comment improvements.
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Postby khar76 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:08 pm

@ Arrious

Of course Finals take precedence. It will give my son and I time to get the lorebit together (in one place finally) and offer it to you to see if you're interested. He'll be coming over this weekend specifically for this purpose so we should be able to get the info to you well before you're ready to finalize anything. Also, don't feel obligated to use anything we send you, we're just a couple of lore hungry novices that like messing around with this!
khar76
Goblin

Postby Arrius Nideal » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:27 pm

I am interested in checking out the lore bits. You can post it here or PM me for my email.
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Postby fitsou » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:52 pm

khar76 wrote:@ Arrious

Of course Finals take precedence. It will give my son and I time to get the lorebit together (in one place finally) and offer it to you to see if you're interested. He'll be coming over this weekend specifically for this purpose so we should be able to get the info to you well before you're ready to finalize anything. Also, don't feel obligated to use anything we send you, we're just a couple of lore hungry novices that like messing around with this!

Hi man
I'm helping Arrius with the presentation, book formatting of the Project. I have started slowly to add a little Lore text on classes and Races. It would be nice to have a helping hand. What I am looking is a little Lore/Fluff text in the Races and Classes. and maybe (later in time) a Fluff text on specific Items or Section of the document.

If you are interested you can pm me your mail.
fitsou
Goblin

Postby Deckenpuppel » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:57 am

Are we talking about collecting fitting stuff from existing sources, or coming up with original snippets?
Deckenpuppel
Orc

Postby fitsou » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:00 am

Deckenpuppel wrote:Are we talking about collecting fitting stuff from existing sources, or coming up with original snippets?

The famous Quotes must be from the original media(games, books etc). the fluff text it can be from anything, as long as its not fan-fiction.
fitsou
Goblin

Postby fitsou » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Guys
I have something to share with you.
Since 5th Edition came out I've been using an Interactive Character Sheet created by Joost AKA in DM'sGuild & ENworld as MorePurpleMoreBetter. More than that I'm proud to say that i volunteer a little in the data entry and put a little stone to the creation of this CH.

So why the Prologue? because since I decide to run a Campaign in this Homebrew system I've been trying to find a way to add the Homebrew data to the Sheet. I have absolutely no knowledge in Java so the implementation is going VERY slow and its VERY tiresome to do it.

I contact Joost and learned that he just started a patreon cause the project have come to a point that its bigger than just one guys hobby. I asked him if he could help me/us in adding this Homebrew system in the Character Sheet. He is willing to do it, but it will take some time and that time must be rewarded somehow.

So I would like to ask the community, who is willing to pay a dollar or two to the guy to help us create an Interactive Character Sheet?

PS. You can find his work here:
https://www.patreon.com/morepurplemorebetter
http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?auth ... morebetter
As you can see its not Just a feelable sheet.. it almost automates everything with popup notifications. It even Automatically creates the Spellcasters Spell Sheets.

PS 2. Just to be clear I would not involve in some massive payment or something... each guy/gal who want to help, he/she will pay on his own in a system inside Patreon that will argue with...
fitsou
Goblin

Postby khar76 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Currently downloading to my dropbox and will check it out tonight. My son comes tonight and we'll be putting our heads together for some of that lore that was requested and we'll be sure to check this out as well!! I will probably set up a donation after my next payday if we like what we see!
khar76
Goblin

Postby fitsou » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:10 pm

khar76 wrote:Currently downloading to my dropbox and will check it out tonight. My son comes tonight and we'll be putting our heads together for some of that lore that was requested and we'll be sure to check this out as well!! I will probably set up a donation after my next payday if we like what we see!

Hi Khar.
Do not make a donation yet!!
We will donate as group if there is enough ppl that are interested in this.
fitsou
Goblin

Postby khar76 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:24 am

No worries. There will be (hopefully) some discussion first
khar76
Goblin

Postby khar76 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:55 am

OK... I'm loosing my mind (what's left of it). Recently I found an interactive character sheet that was done in excel and along the bottom there was a tab for weapons. I was able to add my own weapons in it, and then put the name of the weapon on the main char sheet. It would then import the info (stats and all) into the main char sheet page from the weapons tab. Sound familiar? I had to have gotten it from this forum, or the FB page but now I can't find it. I thought I saved it but all I can find is my saved copies of the original official char sheet. Sheesh... this has got me pretty frustrated (in case you couldn't tell from my rambling) so any help would be awesome.

thank you
/end hyperventilation episode

**edit** I found it :P still not entirely sure how I lost it (or found it for that matter) but it's somewhere safe now and I can even provide a link for it in my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycpngz00pkws900/Interactive%20excel%20char%20data%20sheet.xls?dl=0
Last edited by khar76 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khar76
Goblin

Postby Arrius Nideal » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Alright--I'm back to wreak havoc.

I had to close the document from editing. Despite there being much more useful suggestions than disruptions (unintentional I'm sure), it is difficult to manage. Of course, everyone is welcome to point out mistakes or areas of suggestion (and the relevant page numbers).

Hopefully with things settling down I'll be able to run version 2.1 soon.
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Postby Arrius Nideal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:10 am

5e Patch 2.1
FIXED FORMATTING
ALTERED RACES: Dwarf Stoneform and Tauren Plainswalker traits improved
NEW ENGINEERING ALTERATIONS: Alchemical Engine [Energy Sources], Careful Bomber
NEW SPELLS: Arcane Orb, Holy Shock, Ancestral Guardians, Spirit Strike, Spirit Infusion, and consolidation of spells (blessings, runes, seals, and hunter shots) into arrays for unification of mechanics and simplicity.
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Postby Arrius Nideal » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Major Announcement: We have finished the conversion work on the first fan-designed dungeon from World of Warcraft: The Deadmines!
Designed for a party of levels 3-5, it takes the heroes through the classic WoW dungeon we all know and love.

The Deadmines (level 3-5)

For your viewing enjoyment.
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Postby oPolden » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:12 pm

One thing I'm wondering, with the drafting and planning, suggestions for updates, and what not more. Are the documents for the project mostly just scattered around, or is it all gathered up in a single folder on Google Drive?

Because it would make sense to have it all open and accessible through a single Drive folder. The latest version of the core books (Core book, Bestiary, etc.) in the top level, alongside a folder with the latest release version of various adventure modules. Then also have a folder for everything still being written or tested, with the raw text documents that people can comment on and add suggestions to, revision histories of previous versions. It would definitely be an easy job to keep eye on if it was all in one place.
oPolden
Goblin

Postby Arrius Nideal » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:54 pm

The documents are in one Googledocs folder.

Link

A revision sheet can be arranged easily. I post patch changes.
Arrius Nideal
Bugbear

Postby oPolden » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:13 pm

I'd say definitely would be an idea to have an editable "suggestions for alterations" version of each file, so that the latest release version of a supplement or adventure isn't full of comments and suggestions.

Another interesting thing, there's actually a pretty solid LaTex template out there for D&D 5e content, don't know if the rest of you have seen it yet? Overleaf, one collaborative LaTex editor that I think has Drive sync, has it available as a template. https://www.overleaf.com/latex/template ... fdkjfhfynv

Personally I'm a bit of a hands-on layout designer, myself! I really enjoy working directly with the content, even though something like Overleaf with that template would be pretty efficient and not caught up in software being available.
oPolden
Goblin

Postby fitsou » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm currently working with the layout of the project. If you are willing to help and know some coding, pls contact me.
fitsou
Goblin

Postby oPolden » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:42 pm

What coding do you mean there, particularly? How are you working with it right now?
oPolden
Goblin

Postby fitsou » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Here is a small review of my work with @Arrius Nideal

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1ax-T6wl
fitsou
Goblin

Postby oPolden » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:13 pm

I've seen the Homebrewery's markup tools before!

A bit curious just how much minute styling that suite provides, in terms of customizing the overall look and feel of the output (changing fonts, etc.). But it's all literally just markup and inline-styled HTML elements parsed into a document, so it's got a lot to it. I can definitely help out there.
oPolden
Goblin

Postby fitsou » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:17 pm

its very limited on what the tool gives. as you can see it tries to mimic the 5th edition look.

Im trying my best but with little to none knowledge in coding in general so a new and experienced pair of eyes is a godsend gift.

pm me with your contact info.
fitsou
Goblin

Postby khar76 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:40 am

I'm still here keeping tabs. Things are looking good fitsou! Sorry I've not been as much help as I'd hoped I would be but life keeps getting in the way.
khar76
Goblin

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft