Warcraft RPG 5th Edition...

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.
grimm
Goblin

Re: Warcraft RPG 5th Edition...

Post by grimm » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Looking good on the druid Arrius

As for your question toward the hunters, they need options. Yes they need a more diverse shot system as hunters in wow had a large variety between stings (serpent,scorpid,viper) and shots (Aimed,arcane,concussive,chimera,black arrow, explosive shot) and list goes on a little more. I feel though they need a something that revolves around there pet hence beast mastery spec in game, marksman which focus on improving themselves and than something that focus on a more supportive roll that focus on there traps/stings. Ive dabbled a bit in doing it on mine if you need to check it out for any ideas.

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:18 am

The hunter is complete and is awaiting feedback in the document.
Summary of changes
Added three specializations: Beast Mastery (which has a few alterations from the base archetype), Marksman (inspired by Grimm's changes), and Survival (good at surviving for a very long time).

I have also specified the new hunter spells by rolling in Stings with Shots. Otherwise, I think we are ready to move on to the next class. Spells are detailed once we move to the Magic chapter.

Death Knight: Complete (Oaths and spells).
Druid: Complete (spells)
Hunter: Complete (spells)
Now, next class:
Mage: This requires three specs: Arcane, Fire, and Frost. It also requires spells like Armor spells (I've already added Arcane Explosion, Mana Burn, Mana Shield)
Any ideas on what the mage needs?

grimm
Goblin

Post by grimm » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:59 pm

Alright i guess i will start on my two cents on the hunter,
[*]Beast-master: although you are using the beastmaster pet set from the 5e rules system. Alot of people would just skip playing the class because the pet does not offer enough gameplay. Yes it is a massive support but thats all it is, health pool is low enough that in a fight if it takes a hit or two from a big enough creature its done..Frenzy was a nice add although taken mostly from the PHB like the one i used...I feel that the share spells is a waste unless the spell selection offers more to hunters than its shots/stings/traps as iconically they are not full fledged spell casters.
[*]Marksman: Pretty well bang on the chimera shot is awesome wishing i thought of that one myself :), the only thing that i will say is its level 11 rapid fire, as there is a shot that is designed for that you could simply change it.
The shot you could implement instead rapid fire could be, Multi Shot: When you attack your primary target you can attempt to shoot each target within 5 feet of the primary target.
[*]Survival: I feel that there is room for improvement on this to make it a viable choice over the other choices. Right now i feel that it is lacking identity, as it just feels like id be playing someone who is just literally a good survivalist which theirs a skill for that.

Onto the Mage from world of warcraft.
[*]Arcane: Did a significantly more damage the higher there mana pool. Had access to features that bypassed mana cost although was once a minute .
[*]Fire: Was all about critical chance to do decent damage output, fire spells that crit applied a burn effect to the target, and if crits were chained allowed fora free cast of pyroblast.
[*]Frost: Has access to a frost elemental pet, in addition spell had passive slows on them and freeze based spells caused them to do additional crit damage and increased the chance of a crit by 50%.

As for spells the list below is current spell list of mages. These are the spells that are available to them in game.

Arcane
Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Barrage, Slow, Nether Tempest, Arcane Orb, Super Nova

Frost
Frostbolt, FrostFire Bolt, Ice Lance, Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Blizzard, Frost Bomb, Comet Storm, Ice Nova

Fire
Firebolt, Fireball, Flamestrike, PyroBlast, Scorch, Inferno Blast, Dragon's Breath, Blast Wave, Living Bomb, Meteor

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:00 am

Hunter Changes:
Beast Master
1. Beast Master's pet's CR and size scales with level.
2. Beast Master's pet loses spell capabilities, and gains spirit link to share damage.

Marksman
1. Grimm's Multi-Shot replaces Rapid Fire.

Survival
1. Removed Roamer, added Poison Science (level 11), and various poison-related abilities, such as extracting poisons, acquired immunities, and similar capabilities. Combined with Survival's finesse with engineering, they can create and purchase traps in the Equipment chapter to supplant their abilities.

Mage Changes:
Arcane, Fire, and Frost traditions are up and complete.

Death Knight Update:
Death Knight paths (Blood, Frost, and Unholy) are up and complete.

Awaiting feedback on the above.
Death Knight: Done.
Druid: Done.
Hunter: Done.
Mage: Done.

Monk: Expansion.
Paladin: Done.
Priest: Work in Progress
Rogue: Soon
Shaman: Done
Warlock: Done.
Warrior: Soon.
Next comes the priest domains: Light, Discipline, and Shadow. Any ideas?
We're moving pretty fast for a conversion. I'm glad.

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:49 am

Edited the top post for reference.
Also have something to add: I have been converting some of WoW's quest chains to 5e. Development is slow due to me working on the system proper, but once it is done, I do propose we have a Play by Post in this forum to test the mechanics. Anyone interested? I'll GM, and have two interested players already (Dwarf Hunter, Human Paladin).

grimm
Goblin

Post by grimm » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Ok so im a little upset cause this is second time im writting this...damn internet. However im going to discuss the warlock first and how i feel it needs a little more. The priest im going to go over what it was in the game to give ya some insight on it, and i will review and discuss the mage.

WARLOCK
[*]Affliction: Rely's on Damage over time abilities that deal strong damage and have an added affect of debilitation affects like removal of resistance, reduction of damage, and causes target to take more damage.
[*]Demonology:All about pet play much like the beast-master subclass however it has access to strong aoe damage and can even shapeshift into a demon.
[*]Destruction: All about the pew pew much like mages are but have a selection of damage over times, and heavy hitting spells that deal shadow-flame or fel-flame damage.

PRIEST
[*]Discipline: Not so much a healer but instead prevented damage using bubbles which could be seen as temp hitpoints in 5e. Also had where you dealt damage a portion of damage would be converted into healing for a ally, and heals could critical and give temp hit points for the extra healing.
[*]Holy: Traditional healer with a varied selection of aoe and single target heals. Also when downed would turn into an angel which could continue healing for a period.
[*]Shadow: Much like the warlock had strong damage over time but instead had a secondary effect which affected allies with beneficial affects like when you deal damage to your target with the damage over time ability the secondary affect would come into play usually giving mana back to the party or health.

MAGE
[*]Arcane: Awesome however some things need to be clarified. The transfusion damage needs to be reworded as is it additional damage to the original spell? and presence of mind is it damaging yourself or the person who's spell your dispelling.
[*]Fire: Love it just pyromanic could be changed to a bonus action so that you cant string them together and be used on your current turn or your next turn before the effect dissipates.
[*]Frost: Frost looks fun as hell.

One thing to add about mages though is that the student of frost/flame could be changed to a different feature to make them fair in comparison to arcane as arcane does not have such a feature. The only reason i suggest this is that you arnt limiting yourself to one element as a mage so if you do encounter something with resistance you can already cast something that can do sufficient damage.

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:51 pm

I feel you; the forum monster ate several of my own posts.
I've gone through the mage again and taken your comments into consideration.
Arcane (with its focus on Force damage) does seem unbalanced, but since Force is the strongest and most difficult-to-resist damage type, I think the new changes (up already) balance things.

Actually, regarding the Warlock...
I was thinking about making the Warlock a Wizard instead of using 5e's Warlock.
The main reason behind this is this: Although patron powers are appropriate, warlocks are not a very powerful spellcasters--unlike what they are supposed to be.
Under this idea, the Warlock will actually be a Wizard (as the Mage), but will lose Arcane Recovery and gain Fel Companions (existing already).
That way, we can add the abilities of specializations such as Affliction, Demology, etc., and all Warlock spells which might go up to level 9 (which the 5e Warlock cannot access).
Also, I have this idea for a new mechanic. Damage over time spells are annoying in turn-based games, and I thought of a way to help organize it.
It is called Spell Points. When you cast a Damage over Time (DoT, of course) or HoT (healing over time) spell, the effects don't take place once every round. Instead, they remain for one minute, hour, or day, but discharge whenever the caster wants them to (maximum once per round).
This way, instead of a Rejuvenation healing 2 hit points per round for a minute (in combat, people might forget about this), the spellcaster throws a Rejuvenation which remains for one hour, and gains 10 points. Recording the number of remaining points in a piece of paper, he removes one whenever he wishes to apply the +2 hp, which could be during combat if the person is low on hit points, or delayed until the next combat instead of jumping from encounter to encounter.
Discharging a spell point does not cost an action.
This way, warlocks will have command over their spell loadout--as a warlock might throw down a damage over time spell, and another that inflicts the poisoned condition (forcing disadvantage on attack rolls and skill checks). If the enemy of the warlock is in combat, the warlock may declare the poisoned condition acting up, or the damage. The possibilities of battlefield control are endless.

grimm
Goblin

Post by grimm » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:39 pm

I was thinking with DoT affects you cast it on your turn but doesnt take affect till the targets turn. So you could use your reaction to cause the target to take damage/debilitating affect. This way you have to prioritize a defensive spell/ability or dealing damage to the target. Its another idea that is more simple than implementing another thing that people need to keep track of...just my two cents on it. If you like your way by all means roll with it :)

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:23 am

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted.Things had me busy IRL.
Now on with the show. Here is the priest--finally complete--sans spells, of course.
Discipline Priesthood
A discipline priest follows the tenets of balance and self-improvement through chakra training. The discipline priest uses magic to shield allies from taking damage as well as heal their wounds.
Discipline Domain
Domain Spells

1st
3rd
5th
7th
9th
Wisdom in the Flesh: Beginning at 1st level, while you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.
Shielding Power: Also beginning at 1st level, you double the duration of any active spell that grants temporary hit points. All such spells also cost one less mana point.
Channel Divinity. Damage Ward: Starting at level 2, you may use a channel divinity attempt to grant any ally within 30 ft. resistance against any type of damage they specify. This resistance remains for one round.
Channel Divinity. Shielding Word. Starting at 6th level, you may use channel divinity as a reaction to cast any shielding spell you know. Using channel divinity this way halves the mana cost of the spell.
Chakra Cleansing: Starting at 8th level, whenever you cast a shielding spell, you may dispel any magical effect as a bonus action. This acts as dispel magic with a spell level equal to the level of the shielding spell you cast. The target also gains temporary hit points equal to the spell level dispelled.
Infused Shield: Starting at 17th level, you may freely convert temporary hit points from your spells to actual hit points, or vice versa. A healing spell that grants temporary hit points is counted as a shielding spell, and benefits from Chakra Cleansing and Shielding Power.
Holy Light Priesthood
The light priesthood follows the Cult of the Holy Light, a major faith in Azeroth. The holy priest is a versatile healer who can reverse damage on individuals or groups and even heal from beyond the grave.
Holy Domain
Domain Spells

1st
3rd
5th
7th
9th
Light’s Insight: Starting at 1st level, you may critically hit with healing spells if you roll a natural 20 while casting a spell. A critically-hit heal doubles damage healed or dealt (if target is undead or a fiend).
Light’s Embrace: Also starting at 1st level, your healing spells are more effective. Whenever you use a spell o f 1st level or higher to restore hit points to a creature, the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell’s level.
Channel Divinity. Restore Life: Starting at 2nd level, you may use your action while presenting your holy symbol to evoke healing energy that can restore a number of hit points equal to five times your cleric level. Choose any creatures within 30 feet of you, and divide those hit points among them. This feature can restore a creature to no more than half of its hit point maximum. You can’t use this feature on a construct, and this damages undead for the same amount, dealing radiant damage.
Channel Divinity. Focused Casting: Starting at 6th level, you may use a channel energy attempt to alter the target of any invigorate healing spell you cast on a target. This does not reduce the duration, and may be used outside the target’s turn. You may use this instead to grant the target another benefit of the invigorate spell in the same round. This does not cost an action.
Angel Form: Starting at 8th level, you may ascend temporarily to become an angelic being, becoming incorporeal, and regaining half total hit points and mana points, and dispelling one magical effect on you.
While in this form, you may only cast healing, restorative, and domain spells. After one minute, you return to your normal form, and become stabilized. This may only be activated when you have less than 10% hit points remaining or if you are dying. This may be used once per rest.
Guardian Spirit: Starting at 17th level, you may target any ally within 30 ft., granting them a guardian angel spirit. This spirit increases the amount of healing from all life spells by 50%, and may be sacrificed to grant resistance against any one attack the target suffers. This does not affect constructs or undead. This may be used once per rest.
Shadow Priesthood
The shadow priesthood follows the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. A shadow priest uses sinister Shadow magic, especially debilitate spells, to eradicate enemies.
Shadow Domain
Domain Spells

Shadow priests add all damaging psychic spells to their spell list.
1st Dissonant Whispers
3rd
5th Phantasmal killer
7th
9th
Shadow Orbs: Starting at 1st level, you gain a shadow orb whenever you cast a debilitating spell or a damaging spell that deals psychic damage. The shadow orb orbits your body, becoming invisible when you wish them to.
Each shadow orb may be consumed to increase the DC of your next spell by +1 per shadow orb consumed. You may have a maximum of 3 shadow orbs, which remain for ten minutes or until used.
Mind Quickening: Also starting at 1st level, your expanded mind gives you the ability to touch the minds of other creatures. You can communicate telepathically with any creature you can see within 30 feet of you. You don’t need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic utterances, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language.
Channel Divinity. Devouring Plague: Starting at 2nd level, you may use an action while presenting your unholy symbol to evoke shadow energy, dealing psychic damage equal to five times your cleric level. Choose any creatures within 30 feet of you, and divide those hit points among them. This feature can reduce a creature to no more than half of its hit point maximum. You can’t use this feature on undead or constructs.
If you use shadow orbs, you may grant one creature per orb healing equal to the damage dealt by this ability. You may also instead consume three hit points to restore one point of mana. This counts as a mana restoration effect.
Channel Divinity. Focused Psyche: Starting at 6th level, you may use a channel energy attempt to alter the target of any debilitate spell you cast on a target. This does not reduce the duration, and may be used outside the target’s turn. You may use this instead to grant the target another benefit of the debilitate spell in the same round. This does not cost an action.
Shadow Form: Starting at 8th level, you may ascend temporarily to become a shadowy being, becoming incorporeal, and regaining half total hit points and mana points, and dispelling one magical effect on you.
While in this form, you may only cast psychic, debilitative, and domain spells. After one minute, you return to your normal form, and become stabilized. This may only be activated when you have less than 10% hit points remaining or if you are dying. This may be used once per rest.
Vampiric Embrace: Starting at 17th level, you may grant 25% of all damage dealt through your debilitating spells as healing to allies within 30 ft. You may also sacrifice 3 hit points of healing this way to restore one mana point. All mana restoration from vampiric embrace counts as one source of mana restoration every hour. You also have resistance against psychic damage, and your mind cannot be read.

Priest: Done.

Rogue: Soon.
Shaman: Done.
Warlock: Next
Warrior: Soon.
Warlock is next--will update on progress.

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:29 am

Important note: This adaption of the World of Warcraft Warlock does not make use of the 5e Warlock class, instead using the base Sorcerer class. More details are in the document, posted in my signature (Warcraft 5e Conversion Document).

Warlock:
Azerothian Warlocks of Azeroth function identically as the 5e PHB Sorcerer, except where otherwise noted below.
Warlocks gain a very deeply tainted reputation due to their tendencies to traffick with demons. Hiding in cellars and secret covens, warlocks make secret pacts for permanent demonic companions that grow steadily in power so long as the warlock is.
Special:
Conversion. Any magi or shaman may convert their levels to a warlock on a 1:1 basis by making a pact with a demon. This typically corrupts them, and makes returning to their previous class difficult if not impossible.
Class Features
Demonic Knowledge. Starting at 1st level, Warlocks may speak Eredun, and do not need to make saving throws versus its corruptive influence. However, they are (due to demonic promises) often more likely than others to seek out pacts willingly. The Azerothian Warlock may add all Warlock and debilitation spells to their spell list.
Font of Magic. Sorcery Points are termed as Soul Shards.
Fiendish Alliance. Starting at 3rd level, you learn the find familiar spell and can cast it as a ritual. The spell doesn’t count against your number of spells known, and may always cast it, gaining an effective set spell slot.
When you cast the spell, you must gain an imp companion. You may only have one fiendish companion active at any given time. When your companion is reduced to 0 hit points, you may (as a reaction) spend your own hit points instead, so long as you and the companion are within 60 feet of one another.
When you take the Attack action, you can forgo one of your own attacks to allow your familiar to make one attack of its own.
When you cast the Find Steed spell, you summon a Felsteed.
At 5th level, you add Voidwalkers (CR 2) to your cadre of fiendish companions.
At 9th level, you add Fel Hounds (CR 3) to your cadre of fiendish companions.
At 13th level, you add Succubi (CR 4) to your cadre of fiendish companions.
At 17th level, you add Felguards (CR 5) to your cadre of fiendish companions.
You may (upon reaching the CR-increasing thresholds) improve a lesser companion, by adding your Proficiency bonus to its attack and damage rolls, saving throws and skill checks, and AC. You can only provide this bonus to the a lower-level companion than your maximum.
When the demon is killed in action, you lose 10 hit points (though this cannot reduce you below 0 hit points). You must cast the spell as a ritual again before the demon may be summoned once more. This replaces the Sorcerer’s original Metamagic ability.

Warlock Studies
An Azerothian warlock may choose one of the three below archetypes.
Affliction
An affliction warlock focuses on greater use of debilitation spells, and slowly corrupts their enemies.
Haunt. Starting at 1st level, you gain the benefits of Mystic Blast, and replace the regular dice (d6 energy damage) with d4 Fel damage. When casting a debilitate spell, you may use a soul shard and a bonus action to use Mystic Blast on the target of the spell. This still requires a ranged spell attack, but the range of the ability becomes equal to the range of the debilitate spell.
Infestation. Also starting at 1st level, you may use a soul shard to inflict another effect of a debilitating spell on a target.
Soul Swap. Starting at 6th level, you may alter the target of a debilitate spell effect as a bonus action, targeting any eligible target within a range equal to the spell’s original range. The spell’s effects take place at the new target’s turn as usual.
Seeds of Corruption. Starting at 14th level, if you reduce a creature to 0 hit points with a damaging debilitate or single-target channel spell effect, you may deal the damage again in a 30-foot burst.
Corruptive Influence. Starting at 18th level, if any target of a debilitate spell or single-target channeling spell effect you cast dies, you may alter the target without dispelling the effect. Seed of Corruption still triggers as normal.

Demonology
A demonology warlock focuses on greater use of fiendish summoning spells, and willingly corrupts themselves for greater power, soon creating their own demonic residence.
Blood Pact. Starting at 1st level, all demons summoned or bonded to you gain 10 to their maximum hit points. You may also add your proficiency bonus to all your demonic allies, not only lower-level ones.
Demonic Echoes. Also starting at 1st level, you may count demons as humanoids for all humanoid-specific spells by using a soul shard. You may at any time grant your hit points to them as a reaction on their round, or a bonus action on your round. You may also drain their hit points (at a 2:1 ratio), though you can only benefit from their hit points once every long rest.
Metamorphosis. Starting at 6th level, you may use your action to metamorphosize into a demonic creature, growing horns, hooves, and wings, and gaining the benefit of Mage Armor, and plus 10 to your maximum hit points so long as you are transformed.
You may attack with your horns as a melee weapon attack, dealing 1d4 piercing damage (plus your strength as normal), and fly at a speed of 30 ft. You cannot hover. This transformation remains for one hour, and may be used once before resting. While transformed, you are treated as a fiend for all spell-related variables. .
Dark Secrets. Starting at 14th level, you gain advantage to all saves versus spells that do not deal Holy damage, and gain immunity to one basic elemental damage type (Chosen between acid. cold, electricity, and fire). You may also use a soul shard and a reaction to grant one demonic ally advantage to its first attack during a round, or impose disadvantage to the attacker targeting it.
Demon-Soul. Starting at 18th level, all demonic creatures that are bonded to you or that have been summoned by you gain an additional 20 to their maximum hit points. When you are killed, your spirit is taken to an demiplane (see the spell) that is owned by you, where you return to life in the matter of 1d10 days, nurtured by any demonic allies you have employed, enslaved, or befriended. While in your demiplane, you may have all your demonic allies active at the same time.

Destruction
A destruction warlock is a master of chaos, calling down fires to burn and demolish their foes.
Chaos Magic. Starting at 1st level, any fire spell you use that deals damage deals an additional 1d8 points of fel damage. Any fel spell that deals damage deals an additional 1d8 points of fire damage. Spells that deal both fire and fel damage gain the same benefit (1d8 damage). You may use a soul shard to increase the damage by one dice.
Havoc. Also at 1st level, you may use a soul shard to target two creatures with a single-targeting damaging spell from your class list that does not have a range of touch or self. This only functions if the two targets are within 30 ft. of one another. You may also use this with single-target channeling spells that deal damage.
Searing Magics. Starting at 6th level, you may also target a creature with an action to make it more susceptible to your fire and fel magical damage. If the target is immune to fire, it becomes resistant to the damage. If it is resistant, it loses the resistance. If it has no resistance, it becomes vulnerable. If it was previously vulnerable, it takes triple damage. The benefits of this ability may be used once per rest.
Incinerate. Whenever you deal fire damage to an enemy with a spell (though the spell or through your chaos magic ability), you may use a soul shard to perform one of the three below tasks. This triggers once per round.
Set the target (or object) on fire, dealing 1d6 until the flame is extinguished. While set on fire, a creature is considered poisoned, taking disadvantage to attack rolls and ability checks.
Cast as a bonus action any debilitate spell you have prepared.
If the target is reduced to 0 hit points, you can deal 6d6 damage in a 30-foot burst centered on the target.
World-Burner. Starting at 18th level, you may always count your fire and fel spells as if they have double range. If the spell has an area of effect, you may double the area of effect. When you incinerate a target when reducing it to 0 hit points, you have a 10% chance to regain a soul shard.

--------------------
The Warlock class is complete as of today. Upcoming is the rogue class.
Any idea how that should work?

Progress

Rogue: Next.
Shaman: Done.
Warlock: Done

Warrior: Soon.[/quote]
Warlock is next--will update on progress.[/quote]

pagnabros
Goblin

Post by pagnabros » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Hello guys! I just want to share some of the missing races (of course they need some feedback) to help this project a bit. In my opinion almost everything you're making is very good, but i think that the druids need three archetype (guardian/stalker - balance - restoration) subclasses as all the other class to feel really "warcraftian" but just a minor criticism :)

Mountain Dwarf (Dark Iron) (subrace of the dwarf)

Ability Score Increase. Your Agility score increases by 1.
Dwarven Combat Training. You have proficiency with firearms and explosives.
Fire Resistance. You have resistance to Fire damage.

Worgens
Affiliation. Alliance.
As a worgen, you have the following racial traits.
Ability Score Increase. Your Agility score increases by 1 and your Strength score increases by 1.
Size. Worgens are about the same size as humans. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet, or 40 feet when in worgen form.
Darkvision. Your curse grants you the ability to see in dark conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Two forms. On your turn, you can shift as a bonus action. Shifting lasts until you end it on your turn as a bonus action. While shifting, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Stamina bonus (minimum
of 1). You also gain features described below. You must finish a long rest before you can gain temporary hit points again.
Darkflight. Shifting Feature. While shifting, you can use the Dash action as a bonus action.
Flayer. Shifting Feature. While shifting, you can make a bite attack as an action. This is a melee weapon attack that uses Strength for its attack roll and damage bonus and deals 1d6 piercing damage. If this attack hits a
target that is your size or smaller, the target is also grappled.
Viciousness. Shifting Feature. While shifting, you can make an unarmed strike as a bonus action.
Aberration. You have resistance against poison, electricity and fel damage.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common.

Pandarens
Pandaren Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Stamina score increases by 2, and your Spirit increases by 1.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Inner Peace. You are proficiency with the Insight and Perception skills. In addiction, while you are wearing medium, light or no armor, you gain +1 to Armor Class.
Bouncy. You can use your reaction when you fall to reduce any falling damage you take by an amount equal to five times your Stamina modifier.
Quacking Palm. When you hit another creature with a melee weapon attack. you can attempt a stunning strike. The target must succeed on a Stamina saving throw with a save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Spirit modifier or be stunned until the end of your next turn. You regain the use of this feature after you finish a short rest.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Pandaren.

Draenei
Draenei Traits
Ability Score Increase. Your Strenght score increases by 2, and your Charisma score increases by 1.
Size. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision. You have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Heroic Presence. You can inspire yourself or others through your mere presence. To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature (even yourself) within 60 feet of you who can see or hear you. That creature gains one Heroic die, a d6. Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Heroic Presence die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Heroic Presence die is rolled. it is lost. A creature can have only one Heroic Presence die at a time. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of once). You regain any expended uses when you finish a long rest.
Gift of the Naaru. You can use your bonus action to channel holy energy. A creature within 30 feet heals 2d8 damage. The healing increases to 3d8 at 6th level, 4d8 at 11th leveI, and 5d8 at 16th leveI. After you use your gift's of the naaru, you can't use it again until you complete a short or long rest.
Shadow Resistance. You have resistance to fel damage.
Gemcutting. You are proficiency with Jewelcrafting skill.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Draenei.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Ivellius wrote:This forum is still alive?
This forum is very much alive. :)

I do keep getting tied up with other stuff, but I have a ton of things I want to learn about WoW: RPG. I read every topic that gets posted here (and try to catch up on Xander212's forum as well, when I can). I don't always have something to contribute, but even if people have ideas I wouldn't want to use myself, it is great seeing them get out there, as they might be useful for other fans. I've got no intention of abandoning talking about World of Warcraft. (I might even bump some old topics, from time to time, if I have new thoughts on them.)
Ivellius wrote:Big Mac, when you talk about a "Quickstart" document, what do you have in mind? A quick "make these changes if you'd like to run WoW in 5e" document? What does that need to look like? What would it include?
The "Quickstart" documents I have seen are documents that introduce people to a new RPG system. Here are a few examples: There are more out there, but that should be enough to let you see the pattern. They are usually bare-bones things, that give people just enough to get going. They do not have the full rules in them.

So I would see a "Warcraft RPG 5th Edition Quickstart" as a PDF that was as small as possible, and something that people could use to start playing 5e WoW games straight away...without needing to learn every rule in 5e D&D.

I don't know if you ever heard of the old BECMI D&D, but that was organised into a number of boxed sets (Basic, Expert, Companion, Masters and Immortals). I've not played it myself, but the structure sounds very interesting to me. Basic covered the first few levels of D&D...and then stopped. And I think that is what a Quickstart would need to cover.

So you wouldn't need to bother with things like Prestige Classes, for example, as a player doesn't need to think about picking a PrC for a 1st level PC.

The aim with the Quickstart would be to pull all the complex high-level stuff out of the PDF, and make something that could be targeted at people who had never played a Warcraft tabletop game before. If they liked it, they would quickly move onto the "proper" game, with a larger PDF...or with a number of associated netbooks or however it ends up.

One of the things I liked about the MMO, is that you don't actually need to sit down and read up on the game before you play. You can just start playing and abilities get added in as you go along. So you can learn while playing. Hopefully a Quickstart could make the tabletop experience as close to that as possible.

Perhaps there could be some cheat-sheets, to list the abilities of various starting PC races and classes.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:42 pm

Rogues don't seem to need anything--I am considering adding a Warden class, since most things rogues do are well-represented in the existing game--except some abilities like fan of knives, sap, distract, vanish, and smoke bomb.
I have to admit, grimm--most of my ideas come out once you post a short excerpt of each archetype. Got anything?

@pagnabros: Why, hello there. Thanks for posting about races. Let's get on to some feedback.

1. Dark Iron:
Plus:
Attributes: I do understand the Agility increase--but considering class preferences, I would rather have Dark Irons gain a bonus to Intelligence or Charisma, as they are described as being very cunning (former) and have a predilection for fire magic (for Charisma-based casting, fire away).
Racial Traits: Combat training and fire resistance are excellent choices in my opinion.
Minus:
None

2. Worgen
Plus:
Attributes: Good. I would grant an additional +1 to Strength or Wisdom, however.
Racial Traits: Two Forms and Viciousness. Oh, this is good. This is from Eberron, correct?
Minus:
Speed: I'd rather not give them a free speed increase, as Darkflight does the job very well.
Aberration: Three resistances are too much. I am OK with resistance and advantage vs. poison.

3. Pandaren
Plus:
Attributes: Good choice. No alterations.
Racial Traits: Inner Peace, and Bouncy. Also good. Suitability benefits, mostly.
Minus:
Quaking Palm: I'd rather give them proficiency with unarmed strikes.

4. Draenei
Plus:
Attributes: +2 to Strength is great, though the last +1 should probably move to Spirit instead.
Racial Traits: Heroic Presence. Interesting. I initially envisioned Heroic Presence to act as the paladin's Might aura, but this works as well. Gift of the Naaru replicates the Holy Light spell, correct? Shadow Resistance is appropriate.
Minus:
None (though gemcutting doesn't do anything yet. We should make a gemcutting tool for dranaei to gain proficiency with).

Overall, thank you for you contribution.

grimm
Goblin

Post by grimm » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:03 pm

I have to admit, grimm--most of my ideas come out once you post a short excerpt of each archetype. Got anything?
I'll get you something later on today, been busy as of late and only really get time to check here and there. But ya i will get ya something up for reference most likely within the day :)

pagnabros
Goblin

Post by pagnabros » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:08 pm

I agree with every almost feedback you made, except for the Quaking Palm's racial feature of the Pandaren. As for the errata, you are already proficiency with your unarmed strike. Perhaps the Tavern Brawler feat for free? The heroic presence of the draenei is almost the same as the bardic inspiration class feature and i used it because there is no bard class in wow. The choice of the worgen 3 resistances is because they have it on the "videogame" (aberration give them resistance to shadow and nature damage) and i'm trying to be more faithful to the game as possible (and yes, it's from the Eberron UA ;) ). What do you think of my propose to make three archetypes for the druid to better reflect her specializations? And i don't get very well the class features of the warlock they are a lit bit confusing IMO :P

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:27 pm

pagnabros wrote:I agree with every almost feedback you made, except for the Quaking Palm's racial feature of the Pandaren. As for the errata, you are already proficiency with your unarmed strike. Perhaps the Tavern Brawler feat for free? The heroic presence of the draenei is almost the same as the bardic inspiration class feature and i used it because there is no bard class in wow. The choice of the worgen 3 resistances is because they have it on the "videogame" (aberration give them resistance to shadow and nature damage) and i'm trying to be more faithful to the game as possible (and yes, it's from the Eberron UA ;) ). What do you think of my propose to make three archetypes for the druid to better reflect her specializations? And i don't get very well the class features of the warlock they are a lit bit confusing IMO :P
1. Pandas: Ah, the errata I was unaware of. Yes, Tavern Brawler is very appropriate instead of Quaking Palm.
2. Worgen: Understandable. I am very OK with poisons and fel damage.
3. Druids: Three specializations for druids can certainly be made. Is there something lacking in the current druid write-up?
4. Warlocks: I will revise the language at the soonest possible time to clarify.

Please also check out the 5e PBP Poll if you have the time, Pagnabros. You're helping a lot.

grimm
Goblin

Post by grimm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:16 am

Alrighty then time to get back to it.

Warlock
[*]Baseline: What concerns me in the base warlock is the fiendish alliance. Like my build i feel that it will be the most difficult to balance, because you want the pet to be a worthwhile accessory to your class but at the same time not letting it be overly strong that it can replace another players in skills/strength in combat. This is my only concern for this feature.
[*]Affliction: Seems like lots of fun, of course the "Debilitating effects" will be fleshed out more with the spell list when we get to that point.
[*]Demonology:To the abilities that add flat HP to your pets and yourself, i feel starting at a flat amount then increasing to a per level increase would be more beneficial. As it would give the player a sense of advancement in power. As for the build itself i find it kinda of lackluster, although i cant pinpoint what should be added at this time...Will reply with more if i figure something out.
[*]Destruction: Chaos magic is nifty just to clarify though one dice gives you an additional 1D10 for this correct or does it increase it to 1D12? Searing Magics is it short rest or long rest. Incinerate needs a level, and #3 to be a reaction affect. As for World burner the 10% doesn't fit 5e, they got away from percentile affects for the most part with some rare occurrences like sorc wild magic chart. So possibly a change could be if its a CR of X amount or if you kill something with a spell and do not have any shards available.

Other than my above points the warlock seems to be pretty solid.

Rogue
The class was built to be that stealthy class we all love. Each dabbling in its own unique play style between an up front warrior Esq build, a master poisoner and a one shot wonder. However the class had two serious resources Energy and Combo points. Energy was used like mana but returned at a much faster rate in and out of combat, and combo points which we gained though using various abilities and were able to be used via Finishing Moves.

[*] Assassination: Used to be able to craft unique poisons which dealt damage over time, damage instantly, slow, reduced healing, reduced cast speeds. In addition got a couple unique abilities, like cold blood which gave your next ability an auto crit, and Vendetta which you would mark a target and increase your damage against them. Later gained more unique abilities like Mutilate which you would attack with both weapons simultaneously against one target, and a finishing move named envenom dealt a hefty amount of poison damage and increased you chances to successfully poison someone.

[*] Combat: Like assassination could craft poisons but didn't have access to the damage over time one. This version didnt really rely on stealth or poisons but instead a multitude of attacks. Had an ability which caused your attacks to cleave to all targets within range, a passive effect which caused you to attack more times with your off hand (Could be the extra attack feature with bonus attacks instead), in addition it had two special abilities Killing spree which basically caused you to pull a night crawler from x-men and teleport around a fight hitting all the targets in an immediate area.

[*] Subtly: The one shot wonder rogue which was built around stealth, you had multiple ways of returning to stealth and dealt more damage coming out of it than the other two builds. Besides hitting hard they did alot of bleed damage and had access to the same poisons as combat.

In turn its for the most part the same rogue from D&D with subtle changes to everything most the core class stuff can be re-skinned. In addition to the things above are a emphasis on the finishing moves, If you need anykind of reference you can check mine. As i made a combo point system that seems like it could very well work, i just do not have a energy system in place cause i felt it to bloated to even bother making and can be done without it.

pagnabros
Goblin

Post by pagnabros » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:51 am

The druid in my opinion need more mechanical differences between restoration (healing and support), balance (damage spells) and guardian/stalker (wild shape) druids. What lacks are mechanics those makes this three specializations "unique" and give players more choices. This can be easily done with 3 new archetype (using the one in the PHB as a starting point, for example circle of the moon for guardian druid). I think that all archetypes of each class need to reflect one specialization from the online videogame. Of course, this is only my opinion ^_^

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:42 am

Arrius Nideal wrote:All right. I've been working on the conversion document, and I've made a lot of progress.

djmove, I will post it in a separate thread.
Big Mac, can we get it stick and locked so only I may edit it?
Any suggestions, additions, etc. will be discussed here, and that thread will contain the link to the document (on my Google Drive).
You mean the other topic? :?

There is a limit to the number of stickies this subforum can have before it gets silly, but we are not near that limit, so we should be able to get one of these topics stickied (at least for the foreseeable future).

But I'm afraid that locking the thread doesn't work that way. If it is locked, not even you can post.

That's why I post "Please keep other chit-chat out of this thread. If you want to discuss any of these web resources please start a new thread." on some of the "Other X Websites & Free Downloads" topics I've posted around The Piazza.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:14 am

@Pagnabros: I understand the question of Warcraftian flavor, but the thing with druids is that most their abilities work best as spells, not class features. However, I am open to adding specific circles for each specialization if it is recommended by the rest. Hopefully we can raise this issue after the conversion is complete--think of it as a patch. I'll have to ask for your patience on this. Any ideas about the druid specializations are also appreciated in written format as well.

@Big Mac: Great! There is no need to lock the thread, then. By the way, can we get a dice-rolling program in the Piazza, or does everyone else move their play-by-posts to other websites?

@Grimm: Great feedback, as always.
1. I went through the Warlock and took your feedback into consideration.
2. Demonic Alliance is the funny thing--so far, they don't scale so fast in the game to become a serious threat to a PC of equal level on their own, and they can be summoned as per the spells comparable with each level. This I hope, and I do understand your concern. Hopefully, if we run Play-by-Post, we can iron out any imbalances.
3. Rogue is a difficult one. How about these abilities?

Reliable Talent. You may replace this ability with any of the two below abilities.
Vanish. Starting at 11th level, you may grant yourself invisibility as a reaction. This invisibility remains until the end of your next turn.
Bomb. Starting at 11th level, you may use a reaction to use any alchemical or engineered bomb you have. You automatically succeed on the saving throw to half damage (if any), and may apply your Evasion talent as normal. If you do not have proficiency in Alchemy or Engineering, you gain proficiency in one.

Assassination:
Assassinate. Starting at 3rd level, you are at your deadliest when you get the drop on your enemies. You have advantage on attack rolls against any creature that hasn’t taken a turn in the combat yet. In addition, any hit you score against a creature that is surprised is a critical hit.
Kick. Also starting at 3rd level, you may attack as a bonus action with an unarmed attack. This imposes disadvantage on any check to concentrate on or cast a spell until the end of the target’s next turn.
Dispatch. Starting at 9th level, whenever attacking a target that is below half hit points, your sneak attack dice improves to d10.
Expert Poisoner Starting at 13th level, the Poisoned condition if delivered by you also provides disadvantage on saving throws for the duration of the condition. Applying a poison to a weapon is a bonus action for you.
Vendetta. Starting at 17th level, you may mark one target within 100 feet with an action, and have advantage to all Perception checks to see them, as well as to the first attack of every turn against them. The benefits remain for one minute.

Combat:
Revealing Strike. Starting at 3rd level, a target struck with this ability must make an Agility saving throw opposed by your own. If you succeed, the target loses all armor-based increases to AC for until the beginning of their next round. This is a strike effect. A creature that suffers the effects of Revealing Strike cannot be targeted again for 24 hours.
Riposte. Starting at 3rd level, you may deflect an incoming attack by using a reaction, thereby adding your Proficiency bonus to your AC. If your AC is then high enough to make the enemy miss, you gain another reaction, usable to apply attack of opportunity against them.
Extra Attack. Beginning at 9th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
Killing Spree. Starting at 13th level, you tap into your reserves of speed, going into a killing spree. While you are in this state, you may double your movement at the beginning of any of your rounds, and gain advantage on your first attack on any of your rounds. Your movement does not provoke opportunity attacks. This state remains for 1 minute, or until you spend one of your rounds unable to attack or not attacked at all. This may be used once per short rest. While in a killing spree, you may always apply half your sneak attack damage, or your full sneak attack damage if you can normally apply it.
Feinting Riposte. Starting at 17th level, you may perform an attack roll--on a success, you may either force the target to drop their weapon, or be able to automatically deflect any attack they make. You may riposte only once, however.

Subtlety:
With subtlety rogues, I am envisioning a one-shot wonder as normal, but he who prefers to harry his enemies to where he wants them to be--forcing them to withdraw and be victim to another ambush.
Here is where I have an idea...Subtlety as an Arcane Trickster, focused on illusion and necromancy.
Spellcasting. Starting at 3rd level, you gain the ability to cast spells (see Arcane Trickster).
Premeditation. Also on 3rd level, you may perform an action to study an enemy. If you do, you may apply your sneak attack damage against the target for one minute, or until they move more than their normal speed in one round. In addition, any hit you score against a creature that is surprised is a critical hit.
Backstab. Starting at 9th level, you may target any creature below half hit points with a backstab, which deals double sneak attack damage. This is a strike effect.
Fan of Knives. Starting at 13th level, you may target any number of enemies within 30 feet with a flurry of throwing knives with an action. Roll a number of d6 equal to double your sneak attack damage, and distribute it evenly amongst all opponents. You musty use one point of ammunition per target.
Shadow Dance. Starting at 17th level, you may initiate a shadow dance. While in this stance, you grant yourself concealment as per the Blur spell, and may replace your normal speed with teleportation (limit 30 feet per round). This effect remains for one minute. Also while in a shadow dance, creatures affected by any of your spells (or even distracted by them, such as image spells) grant you advantage on your attack roll.
Rogue: Done.
Shaman: Done
Warlock: Done.
Warrior: Next.
Alright--last one bros: Warrior. What does he need for 5e?
Last edited by Arrius Nideal on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pagnabros
Goblin

Post by pagnabros » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:28 pm

@Arrius: Yeah i'm working on that, i'll post as soon as i've got it ready!

@grimm: I also notice that you have already converted all the classes, very well done :) I want to ask you permission to borrow your rules and unificate them with that of arrius and with mine ideas too :D

grimm
Goblin

Post by grimm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:15 pm

@Grimm: Great feedback, as always.
Hey Arrius, not a problem always trying to better what we got :)

Rogue yea its a difficult creature to gauge thats for sure because of there style and tryin to balance without making it too strong is always another problem. I see you are going with the current rogue baseline with just changing the subclasses for it. Seems to work well so i will critique it as that.
Reliable Talent. You may replace this ability with any of the two below abilities.
Vanish. Starting at 11th level, you may grant yourself invisibility as a reaction. This invisibility remains until the end of your next turn.
Bomb. Starting at 11th level, you may use a reaction to use any alchemical or engineered bomb you have. You automatically succeed on the saving throw to half damage (if any), and may apply your Evasion talent as normal. If you do not have proficiency in Alchemy or Engineering, you gain proficiency in one.
I feel vanish turned out great but bomb could be changed. In the game there bomb was a smoke bomb which denied range and melee attacks against the rogue from enemies outside it. As rules for D&D only a spell has that power so we could change it to any enemy attacking the rogue inside has disadvantage on the roll. Then follow the rule for the spell fog cloud in the PHB.

[*]Assassination: Following the 5e rogue assassinate ability, although i feel having two subclasses with the same feature takes away from its unique factor. In addition i feel that kick should be removed or moved to a general ability as it doesnt fit the roll of assassination.
[*]Combat: For revealing strike just to clarify is it just you that he looses his AC against or everyone? As well feinting riposte i feel is a little lackluster, i will return and comment if i can think of something.
[*]Subtlety: Backstab needs to be the capstone of this subclass, it is far too strong to be anything earlier, the reason i feel this way is that it is the capstone of assassination in the PHB. Although fan of knives is cool as hell i feel that it might be better served in the combat tree or assassination, mostly because it feels more like something a assassin or someone whos thick in the frey would use.

Warrior
Each subclass of warrior gave it unique rage abilities. In addition the warrior ran off rage which was generated though taking and dishing out damage, rage fueled the warriors special attacks and was his primary asset in a fight. Had abilities like charge which generated extra rage at the start of a fight.
[*]Arms: Gained Mortal Strike(Reduced Healing), Overpower (Available after only when a enemy dodged or parried an attack). Early in the game also had access to weapon specializations, Sword chance at extra attack, mace chance at a stun, axe/pole-arm was increased crit chance. Also gained cooldowns that gave you a passive cleave.
[*]Fury: Gained BloodThirst (Would heal a small amount and deal damage), also had strong dps cooldowns and passives that increased critical chance, gave you access to dual wielding two handed weapons(increased regular duel wielding to balance).
[*]Protection:Traditional Sword and Board warrior, had taunts(Compel Duel spell), sunder armor which reduced armor of enemy, shield slam which is straight forward, shield block which increased you chance to block by 100% for a couple seconds. In addition had a survival cooldowns, Last Stand which increased there hit points Shield Wall which reduced damage.
@grimm: I also notice that you have already converted all the classes, very well done :) I want to ask you permission to borrow your rules and unificate them with that of arrius and with mine ideas too :D
Thanks and by all means if you want to borrow you may, and the only thing i ask is that you give me feedback as i wont be able to play test anything till around december when my crew is back in town for christmas by adding comments in another color on the document :)

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Warrior Completed: Requires Feedback[/size]

Warrior
Azerothian Warriors function identically as the 5e PHB Fighter, except where otherwise noted below.
At 2nd level, the Warrior gains the Shout ability, and gains Warrior’s Talent at 9th level. The Shout ability improves at levels 6, 10, 14, and 18.
Class Features.
Shout. Starting at 2nd level, the warrior can rally their allies, harass their enemies, and empower themselves by shouting. A shout costs a bonus action to start and maintain, and affects all creatures within 30 feet of the warrior, and are based on the Warrior’s Stamina saving throw. This is a Thunder effect.
Starting at the following levels, a Warrior gains a shout effect.
Battle Shout. Starting at 2nd level, you can rally your allies within 30 feet to greater combat prowess. Any melee or ranged attack roll from said allies gains +2 to damage rolls. This increases by the same rate of your Proficiency bonus.
Taunting Shout. Starting at 6th level, you may challenge one enemy to fight you directly. The enemy must make a Wisdom saving throw or be affected by the Compelled Duel spell until the end of your next turn. You may use your bonus action to maintain this effect. If the creature moves away more than 60 feet or cannot hear you, the effect ends for it, and it cannot be targeted again for 24 hours.
Intimidating Shout. Starting at 10th level, you may deter one enemy from even attempting to cross you when you shout. The enemy must make a Wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the end of your next turn. You may use your bonus action to maintain this effect. If the creature moves away more than 60 feet or cannot hear you, the effect ends for it, and it cannot be targeted again for 24 hours.
Rallying Shout. Starting at 14th level, you may empower yourself and your allies with your shout. All allies within 30 feet may both increase their maximum hit points by half your level and use a hit die. This bonus remains for one hour or until you use another shout effect.
Piercing Howl. Starting at 18th level, you may affect all enemies within 30 feet with your howl of rage, reducing their speed by 10 feet for one round if they fail a Wisdom saving throw. You may use your bonus action to maintain this effect. If said creatures move away more than 60 feet or cannot hear you, the effect ends for it, and it cannot be targeted again for 24 hours.

Warrior’s Talent. Starting at 9th level, you gain one of the following talents, representing your preferred tactics and adaptability at the field of battle. Choose from between Indomitable, Heroic Throw, Shockwave, Thunderclap, and Wind Walk. This replaces Indomitable. These abilities may be used once when gained before a long rest, but gain another use at levels 13 and 17.
Heroic Throw. You may enhance your melee weapon for one minute. While enhanced, you may perform melee attacks at a range of 60 feet by throwing your weapon. The weapon returns at your turn, allowing you to attack multiple times.
Indomitable. You can reroll a saving throw that you fail. If you do so, you must use the new roll, even if it is lower than the initial roll.
Shockwave. You may use your action to emit a shockwave from your weapon by slamming it into the ground. This deals your melee weapon attack damage in a 5-foot thick line 60 feet long, dealing your weapon damage to all creatures in the area of effect. Targets in this line may perform an Agility saving throw to half damage.
Thunderclap. You may use your action to emit a shockwave from your weapon by slamming it into the ground. This acts as Shockwave, but the area of effect is a 10-foot burst centered on you. Targets hit also reduce their speed by 10 feet, unless they succeeded on the Agility saving throw to half damage. This reduction to speed remains for one minute.
Wind Walk. You may use your action to wind-walk, rendering yourself invisible as per the spell, and granting yourself +10 to your speed. While in this stance, you must continue moving or else this effect dissipates. Your first attack while performing Wind Walk adds +2d8 damage.

Warrior Archetypes
Arms
Arms warriors focus on wielding great weapons, and dealing great amounts of damage to both single targets and multiple weak ones by cleaving.
Sweeping Strikes. Starting at 3rd level, when you successfully attack and damage a creature, you may use your bonus action to deal 5 damage to any creatures 5 feet away from it, halved with an Agility saving throw opposed to your Strength. This is a strike effect that costs a bonus action.
Bloodthirst Strike. Starting at 7th level, you may, after successfully damaging an enemy, you gain hit points equal to double your Proficiency bonus. You may grant half the benefits to any ally within 30 feet. This is a strike effect that costs a bonus action.
Mortal Strike. Starting at 10th level, you may severely wound a creature’s healing capabilities if you successfully apply a mortal strike. If a creature is affected by a Mortal Strike, they take 50% less healing from all sources for one minute. This is a strike effect that costs a bonus action. A creature cannot be affected by this ability more than once in 24 hours.
Bladestorm. Starting at 15th level, you may go into a bladestorm with an action. While in this stance, you must use your action and bonus action every round, dealing your weapon damage to all creatures you wish within 5 feet of you, plus 5 damage from Sweeping Strikes. Affected targets are entitled an Agility saving throw to half all damage. You have advantage against all movement-impairing effects while in a bladestorm, and you do not provoke reactions from movement.
Your speed is halved in a bladestorm, but you may affect all creatures, even if you do not stop next to their space. If you are unable to invest your action and bonus action, as well as continue moving, this effect ends.
Weapon Specialization. Starting at 18th level, you gain an additional effect depending on the type of damage your weapon deals. This effect only triggers once per round, and only on a critical attack. All effects that allow a save refer to the target’s Stamina saving throw opposed to your Strength.
Slashing. You may perform an Overpower, even if your attack is successful.
Bludgeoning. The target is stunned for one round.
Piercing. The target takes 2d6 extra damage from your attacks for one minute.

Fury
Fury warriors equip themselves with two weapons, and slice their enemies to ribbons while shouting vengeance.
Strike the Wound. Starting at 3rd level, whenever you hit the same enemy more than once in the same round, you increase your critical chance by 1 grade on the d20 (from 20, to 19-20, etc.), to a maximum of 15-20.
Overpower. Starting at 7th level, if you miss an attack roll, you may attack again, increasing your critical range by two points. This is usable once per point of Stamina modifier. All uses can be regained after a long rest. This can be used with strike effects.
Battle Commands. Starting at 10th level, you may shout or maintain a shout while attacking with your off-hand weapon. The area of effect of your shouts is reduced to 15 feet if you do this.
Hellscream. Starting at 14th level, all hostile creatures within range of your shouts take Thunder damage equal to half your level whenever you shout or maintain a shout. They are entitled a Stamina saving throw to half damage opposed by your own Stamina.
Bloody Ribbons. Starting at 18th level, you may make another attack whenever you critically hit an enemy. If this hit is a critical hit, you may continue to hit so long as you are critically hitting the opponent.

Protection
Protection warriors are vanguards of an army, decking themselves with heavy armors and a reliable shield, deflecting and guarding any attacks that may affect their allies.
Block. Starting at 3rd level, you may use a reaction to block an attack that targets you, reducing the damage by 1d12 + Stamina modifier. This requires a shield. If this reduces the damage to under 0, you may use the same reaction to attack the target with an opportunity attack. This is usable once per point of Stamina modifier. All uses can be regained after a long rest.
Sundering Strike. Starting at 7th level, you may sunder an enemy’s armor, reducing their AC by a value equal to your Proficiency bonus (but never below that of their AC if unarmored). This effect remains until the armor is tended to, and cannot target the same target twice in 24 hours. This is a strike effect that costs a bonus action.
Vigilance. Starting at 10th level, you add an additional +1d12 to your ability to block damage. Whenever you perform an opportunity attack, you perform one of the following abilities.
Destructive Counter. Your opportunity attacks deals an additional 1d12 damage.
Disarming Counter. Your opportunity attack drops the enemy’s weapon. If they reach for it, you get another attack of opportunity.
Pushing Counter. Your opportunity attack pushes the enemy 5 feet away.
Vanguard. Starting at 15th level, whenever you are below half your hit points, you gain 1d12+Stamina temporary hit points at the beginning of every round. These temporary hit points do not stack with themselves.
Improved Second Wind. Starting at 18th level, you may use Second Wind three times before requiring rest, and whenever you use it, you gain resistance to all damage forms for one round after use.

[Progress
All classes: Complete
The monk class will be converted in future patches.

1. Skills and Professions (gathering skills (skinning, mining, etc.); item creation (blacksmithing, engineering, etc.): COMPLETE
2. Powers (new spells derived from the original game, a mana system): ONGOING
3. Classes (and specializations or archetypes): COMPLETE
4. Mechanics (anything that doesn't fit above): COMPLETE

Thank you everyone for your feedback and encouragement. Classes are the heaviest segment of conversion. Beta version is released, and I welcome everyone to vote on the 5e Play-by-Post poll up in the main forum to start playing/playtesting.

In the upcoming days/weeks, I will work on converting spells.

Patches:
1.0: Add rules for creating and/or imbuing items with magic by creation.

pagnabros
Goblin

Post by pagnabros » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:03 pm

This is my personal version of the Druid class, that is identical to the player handbook except when specifically said otherwise. Obviously this need HEAVY feedback, hope you like it! ;)

Druid Classes
Shapeshifting
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your bonus action to magically assume the shape of a bear form, a cat form or a travel from. You can use this feature twice normally. You regain expanded uses when you finish a short or long rest. Add your proficiency bonus to the form's base AC, attack roIls, damage rolls and special abilities. You keep your own hit points and you can trasform back to normal form with a bonus action.

Travel Forms

Level
2nd land form
4th water form
8th air form

Bear Form
Medium beast
Armor Class 11 (natural armor)
Speed 40 ft., climb 30 ft.
STR 19 (+4)
DEX 10 (+1)
CON 16 (+3)
Skills Perception
Multiattack.The bear form can makes two attacks: one with its bite and one with its claws.
Keen Smell. The bear form has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
ACTIONS
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d4 + 4) slashing damage.

Cat Form

Medium beast
Armor Class 12
Speed 50 ft., climb 40 ft.
STR 15 (+2)
DEX 17 (+3)
CON 13 (+1)
Skills Perception, Stealth
Keen Smell. The cat form has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Pack Tactics. The cat form has advantage on attack rolls against a creature if at least one of the cat's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and isn't incapacitated.
Pounce. If the cat form moves at least 20 feet straight toward a target right before hitting it with a claw attack, the target must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the lion can take a bonus action to make one bite attack against it.
Running Leap. As part of its movement and after a 10-foot running start, the cat form can long jump up to 25 feet.
Shred (1/Turn). The cat form deals an extra 1d6 damage when it hits a target with a weapon attack and has advantage on the attack roll, or when the target is within 5 feet of an ally of the cat form that isn't incapacitated and the cat form doesn't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
ACTIONS
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) slashing damage.

Travel Form (Land)
Medium beast
Armor Class 12
Speed 50 ft.
STR 14 (+2)
DEX 15 (+2)
CON 10 (+0)
Keen Smell. The land form has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Cheetah. You can use Dash as a bonus action.
ACTIONS
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6+1) piercing damage.
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d4 + 1) slashing damage

Travel Form (Water)
Medium beast
Armor Class 13
Speed 5 ft., swim 40 ft.
STR 11 (+0)
DEX 16 (+3)
CON 10 (+0)
Water breathing. You can breathe water
Sea Lion You have advantage against any movement-impairing abilities. Also, you ignore difficult terrain underwater
ACTIONS
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) piercing damage.

Travel Form (Air)
Medium beast
Armor Class 13
Speed 5 ft., flying 60 ft.
STR 8 (-1)
DEX 17 (+3)
CON 10 (+0)
Storm Crow You may cast your cyclone and faerie fire druid spells while transformed. If you can already cast such spells, said spells cost 1 point of mana less than normal.
ACTIONS
Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: -1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 (1d4-1) piercing damage.

Balance Archetype

Moonkin Form
You gain a new shapeshift which resembled an owlbear. While in this form, You may cast druid spells from the Evocation, Conjuration, and Transmutation spell lists when in moonkin form. If you can already cast such spells, said spells cost 1 point of mana less than normal.

Moonkin
Medium monstrosity
Armor Class 12 (natural armor)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 14 (+2)
DEX 12 (+1)
CON 15 (+2)
Skills Perception
Senses darkvision 60 ft.
Keen Sight and Smell. The moonkin has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight or smell.
ACTIONS
Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) slashing damage.

Eclipse
Starting at 2nd level, if you cast an arcane spell you deal an extra 1d8 holy damage to the target whenever you hit it with a holy spell until the end of his next turn. If you cast a holy spell you deal an extra 1d8 arcane damage to the target whenever you hit it with an arcane spell until the end of his next turn.

Shooting Stars
Starting at 6th level, when you crit with an arcane/holy damage spell, you can reroll a number of the damage dice up to your Spirit modifier (minimum of one). You must use the new rolls.

Astral comunion
Starting at 10th level, your eclipse class feature last for 1 minute.

Celestial alignment
Starting at 14th level, your eclipse class feature increases to 2d8 point of damage to the target.

Feral Archetype

Cat Form

Feral Instict
Beginning at 2nd level, while in cat form you double your proficiency in the Stealth skill. Also, your shred ability increas by 1d6 every two druid level (max 5d6 at level 20th).

Tiger's Fury
Starting at 6th level, your attacks in cat form count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.

Leader of the Pack
Starting at 10th level, your allies adiacent to you gain advantage against a target you both threaten.

Berserk
Starting at 14th level, while in cat form, you can make a single melee attack ad a bonus action for 1 minute. Usable once per short rest.

Bear Form

Survival Instincts
Beginning at 2nd level, while you are in bear form your natural armor increases by your proficiency bonus and you gain temporary hit points equal to twice your druid level when shapeshifting into bear form.

Infectious Wounds
Starting at 6th level, while in bear form your attacks slow your enemy's movement by half until the end of his next turn.

Savage Defense
Starting at 10th level, while in bear form you can gain resistance to bludgeoning piercing and slashing damage for 1 min. Usable once per short rest.

Ursa Major
Starting at 14th level, your claw and bite damage abilities deal an additional die of damage and your size increases by one category.

Restoration Archetype

Tree of Life Form
You learn a new shapeshift, you are able to take on the form of living treant which stands the same size of a humanoid. Whenever you cast a healing spell, you add +5 to the final hit points restored, and also exert a Brilliance Aura (as the spell of the same name) for one minute, usable once per long rest.

Tree of life
Medium plant
Armor Class 10 (natural armor)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 14 (+2)
DEX 8 (-1)
CON 17 (+3)
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing
Damage Vulnerabilities fire
False Appearance. While the tree of life remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from a normal tree.
ACTIONS
Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) bludgeoning damage

Living Seed
Starting at 2nd level, targets of your healing spells will have a living seed rooted into the skin. The next time they receive damage the seed will bloom and they will be healed for 1d8 damage. Thre can be only one seed per target at time.

Swiftmend
Starting at 6th level, you can cast a healing spell as a bonus action once per short rest.

Ironbark
Starting at 10th level, your magic causes the target's skin to become bark but as strong as steel. Give resistance to all weapon damage on the target for 1 min, this is usable once per long rest.

Tranquillity
Starting at 14th level, as an action you can heals everyone within 40 feet of you by 8d6 healing and 4d6 at the end of your next turn. Usable once per long rest.

Spells List
Cantrips
Moonfire
Sunfire
Mending
Resitance
Shillelagh
Thorn Whip

Level 1
Wrath
Healing Touch (Cure Wounds)
Entangling roots (Entangle)
Faerie Fire
Rejuvenation
Animal Friendship
Create or Destoy Water
Detect Magic
Detect Poison and Diseased
Fog Cloud
Goodberry
Jump
Longstrider
Purify Food and Drinking
Speak with Animals

Level 2
Solarbeam
Starfire
Animal Messanger
Barkskin
Beast Sense
Darkvision
Enhance Ability
Gust of Wind
Lesser Resoration
Locate Animals and Plants
Locate Object
Pass without Trace
Protection from Poison
Spike Growth

Level 3
Mark of the Wild
Thorn Shield
Starsurge
Conjure Animals
Daylight
Disple Magic
Plant Growth
Speaks with Plants
Wind Wall

Level 4
Life Bloom
Blight
Conjure Woodland Beings
Dominate Beast
Freedom of Movement
Giant Insect
Grasping Vine
Locate Creature

Level 5
Hurricane
Remove Corruption
Wild Growth
Awaken
Commune with Nature
Contagion
Greater Restoration
Insect Plague
Reincarnate
Tree Stride

Level 6
Innervate
Conjure Fey
Find the Path
Heal
Heroes's Feast
Transport via Plants
Wall of Thorns
Wind Walk

Level 7
Wild Mushroom
Regenerate

Level 8
Cyclone
Tsunami
Sunburst

Level 9
Rebirth
True Resurrection
Starfall

Cantrips

Moonfire
Cantrip:
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 60 feet
Duration: 3 rounds
On a successful spell hit you may cause the energy of the moon to burn an enemy for 1d4 arcane damage and and cause him to take radiant damage equal to your Spirit modifier at the end of his next turn. This spell's damage increases by 1d4 when you reach 5th level (2d4), 11th level (3d4), and 17th level (4d4).
Sunfire
Cantrip:
Range: 60 feet
Duration: 3 rounds
On a successful spell hit you may cause the energy of the sun to burn an enemy for 1d4 holy damage and cause him to take 1 radiant damage for 3 rounds. This spell's damage increases by 1d4 when you reach 5th levei (2d4), 11th level (3d4), and 17th level (4d4).

Level 1
Wrath
Level 1:
Range: 120 feet
Duration: Instant
You focus the sun into a ball and throw it at your target, doing so requires a spell to hit roll and on a hit it will deal 2d10 holy damage.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d10 per round for each slot level above 1st.

Rejuvenation
Level 1:
Range: 30 feet
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
You may cast rejuvenation on a target, the target is then healed for 1d6 hp and on each of your turns for the duration, you can use your bonus action to heal 1d6 hp to the target automatically. The spell ends if you use your bonus action to do anything else.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the initial healing increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Level 2

Solar Beam
Level 2:
A bright beam of sunlight shines down in a 5-foot- radius, 40-foot-high cylinder centered on a point within range. Until the spell ends, light fills the cylinder. When a creature enters the spell’s area for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, it is engulfed in bright flames that cause searing pain, and it must make a Stamina saving throw. It takes 2d0 holy damage and is blinded ultil your next turn on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. On each of your turns after you cast this spell, you can use an action to move the beam 60 feet in any direction.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d0 for each slot level above 2nd.

Starfire
Level 2:
You focus on a target within range and a star will impact your target, doing so requires a spell to hit roll and on a hit it will deal 3d10 arcane damage.
At Higher Levels.When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d10 for each slot level above 2nd.

Level 3
Mark of the Wild
Level 3:
Range: Touch
Duration: 1 min
By channeling the wild into a willing receptacle you can fill an ally with the feral grace and swiftness of the dire beasts of the Emerald Dream. The target of the spell gains 18 AC for the duration of the spell. In addition, the subject's Strength and Agility become 16 for the spell’s duration.

Thorn Shield
Level 3:
Duration: 1 min
You touch a willing target and he sprouts thorns from his body/armor. If an enemy attacks the target during this time he will take 1d8 piercing damage from the thorns.
At Higher Levels.When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 3rd.

Starsurge
Level 3:
You focus the power of the sun and the moon into your hand and launch it at your target within range, doing so requires a spell to hit roll and on a hit it will deal 3d10 arcane and holy damage.
At Higher Levels.When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the arcane and holy damage increases both by 1d10 for each slot level above 4th.

Level 4
Lifebloom
Level 4:
You may cause life to bloom within a target healing them for 2d8 per round. At the end of the duration or if dispelled it will bloom healing them for 5d8 hit points.

Level 5
Hurricane
Level 5:
Casting Time:
Range:
A storm made up of lightning and wind appear in a location you choose within range. The area of the storm consists of a 20-foot cube. Each creature in the area must make an Agility saving throw. It takes 6d6 thunder damage and is slowed by 10 feet on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one and no reduction to speed.

Wild Growth
Level 5:
The subject’s wounds heal rapidly; cuts close up, bruises fade and broken bones set themselves. This spell, however, does not restore severed body parts or ruined organs. Up to six creatures of your choice that you can see within range each regain hit points equal to 3d8 per round; during this time he may act normally, engaging in combat or casting spells as he wishes.

Remove Corruption
Level 5:
Choose one creature, object, or magical effect within range. Any spell of 3rd level or lower on the target ends. For each spell of 4th level or higher on the target, make an ability check using your spellcasting ability. The DC equals 10 + the spell’s level. On a successful check, the spell ends.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, you automatically end the effects of a spell on the target if the spell’s level is equal to or less than the level of the spell slot you used.

Level 7
Wild Mushroom
Level 7:
Range: 40 feet
Duration: Instant or concentration up to 1 minute
You plant a wild mushroom and select one effect. The mushroom will pulse life magic healing all friendly allies within 30 feet of the mushroom heals for 4d6 per turn.
Or you can plant it as a trap when an enemy comes within 5 feet of the mushroom it will explode dealing 8d8 poison damage to all targets within 10 feet of the mushroom. The target gets to make an Agility save for half damage.

Level 8
Cyclone
Level 8:
Duration: 1 min, Concentration
You cause winds to whip and swirl around a target so fiercely that they are unable to move, attack, or cast spell. The target makes a strength save and on a success he or she is not affected by the cyclone and can repeat his save at the start of his turn.

Level 9
Rebirth
Level 9:
You may bring a target back from the dead, when you touch a fallen target you may bring them back with half from the dead with half the hitpoint pool.

Starfall
Level 9:
You call down starlight that solidifies into destructive missiles of matter and energy. The missiles appear as searing stars from the air above the targets, rocketing down into them with devastating explosive power. For each round you concentrate, you target two creatures, structures or objects with one starlight missile each that deals 10d6 points of arcane damage; an Agility save halves the damage. You can target different creatures each round or the same creatures repeatedly. However, you cannot target the same creature with both missiles in the same round.

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:58 am

Druid archetypes you say? Let's check them out!
pagnabros wrote:Shapeshifting
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your bonus action to magically assume the shape of a bear form, a cat form or a travel from. You can use this feature twice normally. You regain expanded uses when you finish a short or long rest. Add your proficiency bonus to the form's base AC, attack roIls, damage rolls and special abilities. You keep your own hit points and you can trasform back to normal form with a bonus action.
I do believe the cat form is much stronger than any of its peers. Are you referring to existing mosnters in the MM?
Overall, in design, it is more prudent to describe shapeshifting as it has a list of creatures instead of detailing it in the entry--such as Bear, Great Cat, Stormcrow, etc.
It would help if each of those were a separate entry in the monster list. That would be more consistent.
Balance Archetype
New Form: Moonkin. The moonkin's statistics block should specify the ability druids gain.
Eclipse. I like this ability. No comment here.
Shooting Stars. Also nice. Perhaps this should be tied to eclipse somehow.
Astral comunion. Do you mean that if you hit with an Arcane spell, all holy spells deal +1d8 damage for one minute?
Celestial alignment. You're focusing too much on the Eclipse feature.
Feral Archetype
Cat form
Feral Instict. This should add shred, not improve it. By the way, doubling proficiency is commonly called expertise.
Tiger's Fury. Pounce added here or Extra Attack works better, I believe.
Leader of the Pack. Good ability, but maybe something that helps with survival is needed. 0
Berserk. I would like an eclipse-like ability here. For every hit in the same round after the first, an attack deals extra 1d6. Or shapeshifting while running gives 2d6 extra damage.

Bear Form
Survival Instincts. Solid. I like it.
Infectious Wounds. Solid.
Savage Defense. No problems here. Survival at 10th is good.
Ursa Major. Sweet.
Restoration Archetype
New Form: Tree of Life. The ToL statistics block should specify the ability druids gain.

Living Seed. Hmm...I was thinking on the lines of distant healing, but this works fine.
Swiftmend. Reaction is more like it.
Ironbark. Good.
Tranquillity. Tranquility is a spell. I think that the [restoration] spell attached to a healing spell on times/rest works better.

I will look over the spells later, since I'm converting druid spells in the document.

Return to “World of Warcraft”