Goblin (Playable Race)

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.
Marduk_Bathory
Orc

Goblin (Playable Race)

Post by Marduk_Bathory » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi guys. Today I made my 1st contribution to the DMs Guild.

It's a playable goblin race inspired by WoW but not adapted from the d20 WoW Handbook. Instead it more closely resembles the MMO characters (and, at least in my opinion, the WoW goblins in general from both the MMO and the RTS) while using a the Player's Handbook as a race template, borrowing from, but heavily altering, aspects of other races.

EG, I've given them a resistance to fire damage (so they take half damage from fire) and a subrace based on rock gnomes that replaces their clockwork devices with minor incendiary ones.

Here is the link; http://www.dmsguild.com/product/185726/Goblin and it's available for free (Pay What You Like).

I would appreciate any and all feedback on this; my own proof reading will only find so many mistakes and the only others who have looked either have dyzlexia or simply not gotten back to me.

Marduk_Bathory
Orc

Re: Goblin (Playable Race)

Post by Marduk_Bathory » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:33 am

It may or may not be of interest to anybody, but the fonts I used are actually the fonts used within WoW. Well one of them is; Morpheus is what I used for the title and headings. Used for quest and in-game mail text, it's a free font named for Neil Gaiman's famous comic character.

The quest used for the main body of text is called Friz Quadrata. It's a free knock-off of the font used within game for tool-tips (for when you link weapon or armour stats, etc) and the subjects for in game mail.

Return to “World of Warcraft”