[resource] Warcraft RPG fan netbooks

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[resource] Warcraft RPG fan netbooks

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:42 am

There are three fan nebooks that are currently under construction for the World of Warcraft RPG:
  1. Even More Magic & Mayhem,
    Monster Guide II and
    Burning Crusade Sourcebook
I would have added these to the Other Warcraft Websites (& Free Downloads) thread, but at the moment, none of the seem to actually be finished. So I thought I would start a thread to discuss any news about the three netbooks.

From what I can see, they are being headed up by WoW game designer, Adam Loyd. (It would be good if we could get him to join The Piazza and talk about WoW, but I'm not sure how to contact him.)

Even More Magic and Mayhem is a sequel to More Magic and Mayhem and Magic and Mayhem.

Here is a link to the preview of its cover:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwi ... emagic.JPG

Here are a few previews of EMM&M:
Even More Magic & Mayhem Preview
Sneak Peak Number 2
Sneak Peak Number 3
Sneak Peak Number 4

From what I can see, there are just two chapters to finish, but Adam Loyd has been hit with some real-life problems that have slowed down the project. I'm hoping the end of the d20STL is not going to stall this project.

I've not seen any previews of the other two netbooks yet.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [resource] Warcraft RPG fan netbooks

Post by Big Mac » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Big Mac wrote:From what I can see, there are just two chapters to finish, but Adam Loyd has been hit with some real-life problems that have slowed down the project. I'm hoping the end of the d20STL is not going to stall this project.
This is now nearly finished. They are just sorting out the artwork at the moment. I just saw this post on the Warcraft RPG blog:
Salsa wrote:And "Four years have passed since the drums of war thundered once again..."

It's been quite long, the Lich King might as well be vanquished sooner or later, and as much awaited as that, our project ended up seeming like nothing but another myth sown across the lands. However, rest asured this will come to a conclusion.

I received a few days ago a rough draft of the almost finished version of Even More Magic & Mayhem, we're still missing some art for the book and that is basically the reason why it was and it still is kept inside the Frozen Throne. Jordan has done some exceptional work cleaning up and reformating my layout and we can pretty much confirm that now the book looks better and smaller (in terms of file size).

We're still looking for some competent artists to create the artwork that we need right now. If you have some warcraftian fan art or you know someone qualified for this, please contact us at:

evenmoreproject@warcraftrpg.cjb.net

We'll take a look at every entry and let the volunteers know what kind of pieces we need to finish this. Proper crediting will be given and disclosed in the Credits section of the electronic file.

Thanks for your attention and for your help in advance.

Marcos "Salsa" Bolton
Art Direction/Layout and Typesetting
Someone over there has suggested that they look through existing WoW fan art to see if there is anything useful they can ask to borrow.
Big Mac wrote:I've not seen any previews of the other two netbooks yet.
I've still not seen any more news about these. Hopefully there will be news about Monster Guide II soon as that is the second netbook in the queue.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:26 pm

With Ashtagon giving us yet another D&D world forum to play in, I've decided to write to the email address that Salsa put on the netbook page and invite their entire team over here. I hope that one or two of them is able to come over and tell us more about their vision of Warcraft.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed May 26, 2010 3:07 am

Big Mac wrote:With Ashtagon giving us yet another D&D world forum to play in, I've decided to write to the email address that Salsa put on the netbook page and invite their entire team over here. I hope that one or two of them is able to come over and tell us more about their vision of Warcraft.
I've had no response to that email, and there is some spam on their website, blog comments that they have not cleaned up. I'll have to look for alternative ways to contact some of the people involved.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:09 pm

As Kothas found out (in another thread) you can download the beta version of Even More Magic & Mayhem from Greywolf's World of Warcraft Fan Site.

If you find any bugs, please let Greywolf know.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Big Mac wrote:With Ashtagon giving us yet another D&D world forum to play in, I've decided to write to the email address that Salsa put on the netbook page and invite their entire team over here. I hope that one or two of them is able to come over and tell us more about their vision of Warcraft.
I've had no response to that email, and there is some spam on their website, blog comments that they have not cleaned up. I'll have to look for alternative ways to contact some of the people involved.
The good news is: I've had a response from Greywolf.
The bad news is: He is very busy at the moment.

But, I've had first contact from one of the EMM&M team and it will be great to know how things are going (no matter how slowly).

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:10 pm

I've had another replay from Greywolf today. He needs more proofreaders, so I've started up another thread called: More proofreaders needed for WoWRPG netbook EMM&M.

Please help if you can. It would be nice to see the final version out as soon as possible.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:33 am

And I was about to open a topic asking for fan sourcebooks...

well, is a shame that the Burning Crusade sourcebook was never released...

Return to “World of Warcraft”