I can finally recreate Nightdruid!

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.
night_druid
Radiant Dragon

I can finally recreate Nightdruid!

Post by night_druid » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:05 pm

:lol: This is hilarious. In WoW, I can finally recreate the character who was the inspiration for my "nightdruid" handle. Or at least come close, once their new expansion comes out. In this new expansion, called Catacysm, two new races are introduced. For Horde, goblins (should have happened ages ago, but eh). For Alliance, wogen (basically, werewolves). And wogen get to be druids! :lol:

The story behind my "nightdruid" handle is that I played a werewolf druid in a friend's game long ago. My character was partially based off the beastmaster, mostly in appearance (my attire consisted of a loincloth and boots and not much else!) Insanely over-powered, I know. The whole game was munchkiny; one character was a weretiger martial artist, another based off Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (yeah, High School D&D...gotta love it ;) ). Eventually, my PC became the inspiration for "nightdruid" when I started posting online. I had thought about using other PC names, but things like "Maverick" were so damned common I'd be lost in the noise. :roll:
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: I can finally recreate Nightdruid!

Post by Havard » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Hehe, I never knew where you got the name from. Thanks for sharing :)

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:27 pm

Havard wrote:Hehe, I never knew where you got the name from. Thanks for sharing :)
A lot of people assume its because of my druid PC in Paul's Spelljammer game, Raken. That's actually false; I created Raken largely because of the whole "nightdruid" handle. I figured "nightdruid" would be pretty damned unique. And then that fugg'n BLIZZARD had to RUIN that! Damned nightelves, now damned worgan. Everybody will be ripping me off now with werewolf druids. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:31 pm

night_druid wrote:Everybody will be ripping me off now with werewolf druids. :roll:
And without any royalties to ease the pain! :D

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Hugin wrote:
night_druid wrote:Everybody will be ripping me off now with werewolf druids. :roll:
And without any royalties to ease the pain! :D
I should SUE!!! Werewolf Druids were mine! :lol:

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 pm

night_druid wrote::lol: This is hilarious. In WoW, I can finally recreate the character who was the inspiration for my "nightdruid" handle. Or at least come close, once their new expansion comes out. In this new expansion, called Catacysm, two new races are introduced. For Horde, goblins (should have happened ages ago, but eh). For Alliance, wogen (basically, werewolves). And wogen get to be druids! :lol:
Hmm. I wonder if wogen are in the WoW RPG.
night_druid wrote:The story behind my "nightdruid" handle is that I played a werewolf druid in a friend's game long ago. My character was partially based off the beastmaster, mostly in appearance (my attire consisted of a loincloth and boots and not much else!) Insanely over-powered, I know. The whole game was munchkiny; one character was a weretiger martial artist, another based off Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (yeah, High School D&D...gotta love it ;) ). Eventually, my PC became the inspiration for "nightdruid" when I started posting online. I had thought about using other PC names, but things like "Maverick" were so damned common I'd be lost in the noise. :roll:
Interesting. I've never used Big Mac for roleplaying. It was a handle I used when I used to write to people in LOOT. My LOOT buddies took me to do LARP games and we later started playing AD&D. So I took my LOOT name with me into D&D (it is actually the name of a C16 computer game that I was playing when I was at school).

I know what you mean about having a character name that is too common. I've given a couple of my LARP characters silly names and had it come back to bite me on the bum.

EDIT: "[Warcraft]" tag removed.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:00 am

Big Mac wrote:Hmm. I wonder if wogen are in the WoW RPG.
Should be one of the monster books. They were actually a low level critter, mostly in around Darkshire and Silverpine Forest.
Interesting. I've never used Big Mac for roleplaying. It was a handle I used when I used to write to people in LOOT. My LOOT buddies took me to do LARP games and we later started playing AD&D. So I took my LOOT name with me into D&D (it is actually the name of a C16 computer game that I was playing when I was at school).
That's kinda gaming ;)
I know what you mean about having a character name that is too common. I've given a couple of my LARP characters silly names and had it come back to bite me on the bum.
At least I'm still in the top ten on google. Up there with a bunch of hippie artists or something :lol:

Bonetti
Fire Giant

Post by Bonetti » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm

FWIW, this handle (Bonetti) was actually drawn from WoW. A friend invited me to reroll with him and some of his friends on a PVP server. The guild was going to be <Inconceivable>, and I was rolling an undead warrior (possibly the guild tank, for instancing), so... Bonetti's Defense seemed very appropriate.

I stuck with the character name when I transferred some toons later, and subsequently when I rerolled on Exodar.

I know, I know... how sad... ;-).
Darokin expansion (maps, notes, merchant houses)
NaNoWriMo: Winner 2013-2016; Camp NaNoWriMo: 2014-2017

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Bonetti wrote:FWIW, this handle (Bonetti) was actually drawn from WoW. A friend invited me to reroll with him and some of his friends on a PVP server. The guild was going to be <Inconceivable>, and I was rolling an undead warrior (possibly the guild tank, for instancing), so... Bonetti's Defense seemed very appropriate.

I stuck with the character name when I transferred some toons later, and subsequently when I rerolled on Exodar.

I know, I know... how sad... ;-)
Hmm. So is this a picture of Bonetti:

If it is, I think you should save the upload the picture into your user profile as your avatar! It would be very poetic...in a geeky kind of way! 8-) :ugeek: :D

Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:29 pm

You know, the name Nightdruid sort of reminds me of the name Warduke in its composition.

Does Nightdruid have an evil nemesis known as Dayranger? 8-)

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Bonetti
Fire Giant

Post by Bonetti » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:59 am

Big Mac wrote:Hmm. So is this a picture of Bonetti:

If it is, I think you should save the upload the picture into your user profile as your avatar! It would be very poetic...in a geeky kind of way! 8-) :ugeek: :D
Well, that's the generic, artistic "level 80 male undead warrior" Blizzard made. My gear's not that cool ;-)

I'm tempted to use my old avatar (Murky!), but I think there are rules against animated .gifs :-)
Darokin expansion (maps, notes, merchant houses)
NaNoWriMo: Winner 2013-2016; Camp NaNoWriMo: 2014-2017

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Havard wrote:You know, the name Nightdruid sort of reminds me of the name Warduke in its composition.

Does Nightdruid have an evil nemesis known as Dayranger? 8-)
:lol:

He should do. And Day Ranger should be the nickname of Wesley Snipes! :P

Does anyone know if Wesley Snipes likes D&D or Spelljammer? :twisted:
Bonetti wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Hmm. So is this a picture of Bonetti:

Well, that's the generic, artistic "level 80 male undead warrior" Blizzard made. My gear's not that cool ;-)

I'm tempted to use my old avatar (Murky!), but I think there are rules against animated .gifs :-)
I'm liking the new avatar.

I don't recall any rules against animated avatars, but I've started a thread about this, called Are animated avatars ok?, over in The Kippin' Griffin. If you ever have any questions or suggestions about how The Piazza works, The Kippin' Griffin is the place to start a thread about them.

Return to “World of Warcraft”