The Piazza

Old D&D Campaign Worlds
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:06 pm 
Giant Space Hamster

The Even More Magic & Mayhem netbook has been almost finished for some time now. To help get it finished Greywolf (of the WoWRPG website greywolf.com) has put the document out for a public proofreading and testing:
http://greywolf.critter.net/wow.htm

Here is the latest update, as of today:

Greywolf wrote:
Hello! I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that the EMM&M.pdf document has been slightly updated since your last email. Fabrice Egal (a French WoW fan) made a very diligent reading-through of the document, listing layout and typographical errors (complete with page numbers - what more could I ask for?) way back in March, and it was only now that I finally managed to find the time to comb through and make all the changes as per his notes. Most of the issues are minor layout tweaks (not affecting game content), but there were a couple of spells with glitched descriptions, some tables (table 6-7 for steam armor, in particular).

There was also the matter of making the match-up beteen energy types and elements more consistent with d20 standards for shamans (e.g., before, EMM&M claimed that fire = fire, water = cold, earth = electricity, and air = sonic; now, earth = acid and air = electricity though the "sonic resistance totem" is still classified as earth for lack of a better place to put it).

Plus, I did a bit of clean-up in the InDesign file to remove some needless elements, so the final file size is down to about 20 MB, instead of 24 MB. I guess that's pretty small potatoes in the big scheme of things, but it took a lot of work to get the file size smaller without reducing the image quality any further, so I'll trumpet it anyway. ;)

Regretfully, my stated "to-do" list for layout issues is much the same as last time, but at least it's still some small progress.

Anyway, the file link is still the same: http://greywolf.critter.net/wow.htm

More about EMM&M:

Greywolf.com wrote:
Even More Magic & Mayhem is a fan-made netbook contributed to by frequenters and fans of the White Wolf Games World of Warcraft RPG forums. No infringement is intended upon the trademarks, copyrights or other properties of White Wolf Games, Sword & Sorcery Studios, Blizzard Entertainment, or Wizards of the Coast.

It is presented in its incomplete, "beta" format, as a free PDF download for players of the World of Warcraft RPG, using version 3.5 d20 rules.

Please report any errors, editing glitches, etc., you see in the EMM&M Beta to me at mecha AT gate DOT net, and please include mention of "EMM&M" or "Warcraft" in the subject line so I can have a better chance of picking your message out of all of the daily spam. Generic subjects such as "hello" or "hi there" or "question" are likely to get overlooked.

Special thanks to Jeff Moller and Fabrice Egal for help in proofreading for errors in the EMM&M document.

As I said in the [resource] Warcraft RPG fan netbooks thread, this is the first of three fan netbooks. So it looks like errata checking may be holding up two equally cool netbooks.

If you like World of Warcraft RPG, please download this netbook and email any errors to the email address on the above page.

Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:13 pm 
Giant Space Hamster

I missed an update from Greywolf's website (back on 19 Oct 2010):

Greywolf.com wrote:
Eastern Kingdom maps updated to reflect corrections (Duskwood) and more information on Gilneas.

And here is the cover, if you have not seen it yet:

If you downloaded EMM&M before then, please download it again and look for bugs to report to Greywolf.

Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:17 pm 
天使・竜

Big Mac wrote:
If you downloaded EMM&M before then, please download it again and look for bugs to report to Greywolf.

Broken link.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:09 pm 
Giant Space Hamster

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
Big Mac wrote:

Broken link.

I didn't put a link in that post. :?

Go to Greywolf's World of Warcraft Fansite (link is the same as upthread) and then click his EMM&M button to launch the download. I just clicked and the download started for me.

BTW: I won't link directly to the download as that is bad Netiquette (it stops people seeing the website and other things the webmaster wants them to look at). I only do that with Wizards of the Coast (and with them only because their download policy forces me to do it).

I hope you enjoy it and that you have time to look for some bugs. It would be great to be able to move Greywolf forward on this. (There are/were two other netbooks waiting behind this one. I'd hate to see those get abandoned.)