Pathfinder Versions of World of Warcraft Races

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.

Pathfinder Versions of World of Warcraft Races

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:27 am

Okay, about a year ago I did up some conversions of the races from the World of Warcraft d20 into Pathfinder. The other day I was posting my 4th edition conversions and thought that I should post these as well. I never got them finished, but I figured I would give the gurus at the Piazza a chance to comment before I start up again.
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
dfryer36
White Dragon

Re: Pathfinder Versions of World of Warcraft Races

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:28 am

Orc Racial Traits
+2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence; Orcs are hardy and noble, but they lack the learning of other races.
Medium Size: Orcs receive no special bonuses or penalties because of their size.
Normal Speed: Base speed for an orc is 30 feet.
Low-light Vision: Orcs can see twice as far in poor lighting than humans can.
Battle Rage: Orc's get the Power Attack feat as a racial bonus feat.
Forceful Personality: Orcs gin a +2 racial bonus to Handle Animal and Intimidate checks. Intimidate is always a class skill for an orc.
Weapon familiarity: Orcs are proficient with battleaxes, falchions, greataxes, and any weapon with the word orc in the name.
Languages: Orcs begin play speaking Common and Orcish, Orcs with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Giant, Goblin, Taur-ahe, and Undercommon.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:28 am

Tauren Racial Traits
+2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity; Tauren are strong and in tune with the natural world, but their strength makes them slow to react.
Normal Speed: Base Speed for a Tauren is 30 feet.
Natural Weapons: Taurens have horns that they use as natural weapons. These horns inflict 1d8+their strength modifier damage.
Skilled Hunter: Taurens receive a +2 racial bonus to Stealth and Survival checks.
Weapon Familiarity: Tauren are proficient with greatclubs, and halberds. Tauren greatclubs are often coarved with symbols of spiritual or tribal significance.
Languages: Tauren begin speaking Common and Taur-ahe, Taurens with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Goblin, Orcish, Sylvan, and Terran.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:29 am

Jungle Troll Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence; Jungle trolls have quick bodies and wits, but their primitive lifestyle doesn't allow for intellectual stimulation.
Medium Size: Jungle trolls are medium creatures and get no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Base speed for a jungle troll is 30 feet.
Low-light Vision: Jungle Trolls can see twice as far as a human in dim light.
Acrobatic: Jungle trolls gain a +2 racial bonus to Athletic and Climb checks.
Rapid Healing: Jungle trolls gain twice as many hit points from resting as humans do. This ability only applies to non-magical healing from rest. Healing magic effects jungle trolls the same as any other race.
Weapon Master: Jungle trolls are masters of thrown weapons and gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls when using such weapons.
Wilderness Lore: Jungle trolls gain a +2 racial bonus to Survival checks and Survival is always a class skill for a jungle troll.
Languages: Jungle Trolls begin play speaking Common and Giant. Jungle Trolls with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Goblin, Orcish, and Taur-ahe.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:31 am

Blood Elf Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Constitution: Blood elves are an agile, magically adept race, but their slight frames make them frail.
Medium: Blood elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Blood elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
Light Vision: Blood elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Immunities: Blood elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
Arcane Ability: A blood elf with an Intelligence score of 10 or better may select four 0-level spells from the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list. They can cast each one of the spells once per day as if they were a 1st level sorcerer. Unlike most spell like abilities, these spells are subject to arcane spell failure due to armor.
Arcane Affinity: Blood elves get a +2 racial bonus to Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft checks. Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft are always class skills for a blood elf.
Fel Magic: Blood elves have a special affinity to Conjuration magic. Blood elf wizards and sorcerers may once per day declare that they are adding either Maximize Spell or Extend Spell to any Conjuration spell they are casting without a level increase, even if they do not possess the feat. This must be declared prior to casting the spell and if the spell fails they lose this ability for the rest of the day.
Magic Addiction: Blood elves have become addicted to arcane magic. Each day they must spend at least one hour meditating on resisting the effects of this addiction or take -1 caster level penalty and a -2 penalty to saving throws to resist the effects of arcane spells. The time spent meditating on their addiction must be separate from the time that spellcasters spend preparing their spells, all though they can be done consecutively.
Weapon Familiarity: Blood elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), short swords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.
Languages: Blood elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Blood elves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.

and a bonus for Blood Elf fans:

Arcane Torrent
the blood elves have learned new techniques for manipulating arcane magic.
Prerequisite: Blood Elf, 3rd Level
Benefit: You can use Silence as a spell-like ability 3 times per day.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Goblin Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength; Goblins are quick and they are natural salesmen, but they lack the physical prowess of other races.
Small Size: As small creatures, goblins gain a +1 bonus to AC, +1 bonus to attack rolls, +4 bonus to Stealth checks, and a -1 penalty to Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense.
Slow Speed: Base speed for a goblin is 20 feet.
Low-light Vision: Goblins can see twice as far in poor lighting conditions as a human can.
Barterer: Goblins gain a +2 racial bonus to Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks.
Master Merchant: Goblins gain a +2 racial bonus to Appraise and Craft checks. In addition they gain a +2 bonus to craft any item made of adamantine, due to it's great commercial worth.
Weapon Familiarity: Goblins are proficent with hand crossbows, shortbows, and short swords.
Languages: Goblins begin play speaking Common and Goblin. Goblins with high Intelligence scores can learn any language except secret languages(like Druidic.)
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 am

Night Elf Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma; Night elves are quick and have keen senses, but they are stand offish and aloof.
Medium Size: Night elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Base speed for a night elf is 30 feet.
Low-light Vision: Night elves can see twice as far in poor lighting conditions as humans can.
In Tune With Nature: +2 racial bonus to Knowledge (Nature) and Survival checks.
Shadowmeld: At night, or in low lighting conditions, the night elf gains a bonus to Stealth checks equal to their Wisdom bonus.
Weapon Familiarity: Night elves are proficient with glaives, scimitars, starknives, and any weapon with the word Elven in it.
Languages: Night Elves speak Common and Elven. Night elves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Goblin, Orcish, or Sylvan.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 am

Half-Ogre Racial Traits
+2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma; Half-ogres have the power, strong will, and spiritual insight of their progenitors, but prefer to spend their time in solitary contemplation.
Medium Size: Hal;f-ogres have no special penalties or bonuses due to their size.
Normal Speed: Base speed for a half-ogre is 30 ft.
Low-light Vision: Half-ogres can see twice as far in p\dim light as a human can.
Mixed Blood: Half-ogres count as both an ogre and an orc for the purposes of effects related to race.
Powerful Build: Because of their ancestry, half-ogres function in many ways as if they were one size catagory larger. They gain a +1 bonus to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense. They also count as Large creatures when determining whether special attacks, such as Improved Grab or Swallow Whole, can effect thim. However, they cannot use weapons for designed for Large creatures, as they find them awkward and unweildy to use.
Tough Skin: Half-ogres get a +1 racial bonus to Armor Class.
Languages: Half-ogres begin play speaking Common and Giant. Half-ogres with high Intelligence scores can choose from the folowing: Abyssal, Goblin, Orcish, and Taur-ahe.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:39 am

Gnome Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength; Gnomes are quick and charming, but the lack the strength of larger races.
Small Size: Due to their size, gnomes get a +1 bonus to Armor Class, a +1 bonus to attack rolls, a +4 bonus to Stealth checks, and a -1 penalty to Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense.
Slow Speed: Base speed for gnomes is 20 ft.
Low-light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as human in poor lighting conditions.
Crafty: Gnomes gain a +2 racial bonus to all Craft checks.
Keen Senses: Gnomes get a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks.
Resilient: A gnome gets a +1 bonus to all saving throws.
Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes are proficient with all weapons with the word Gnomish in the name.
Languages: Gnomes speak Common an Gnome. Gnomes with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Elven, Dwarven, and Goblin.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:41 am

High Elf Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution
Medium: High elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Base speed for a high elf is 30 feet.
Low-light Vision: High elves can see twice as far in poor lighting conditions as humans do.
Magic Addiction: High elves are addicted to the use of arcane magic. They must spend one hour each morning in meditation to resist the effects of the addiction or suffer a -1 penalty to effective caster level and a -2 penalty on all saving throws.
Spell-like Abilities: A high elf with an Intelligence score of 10 or higher can select four 0 level spells chosen from the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list. Each spell can be cast once per day and the caster level is the high elves Hit Dice. Once selected these spells cannot be changed.
Strong Willed: High elves gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against Enchantment spells and effects.
Weapon Familiarity: High elves are proficient with longbows, longswords, short sword, and any weapon with the word Elven in it.
Languages: High elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. High elves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Gnomish, Goblin, and Orcish.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:41 am

Half Orc Racial Traits
+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom
Medium Size: Half orcs gain no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Basic Speed for a half orc is 30 feet.
Low-light Vision: Half orcs can see twice as far in poor lighting than a human can.
Fearless: Half orcs gain a +2 racial bonus to all saving throws to resist fear effects.
Orcish Blood: Half orcs are considered human and orcs for the purposes of effects related to race.
Languages: Half orcs begin play speaking Common and Orcish. Half orcs with high Intelligence scores can choose from any languages except for secret languages.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:42 am

Dark Iron Dwarf Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
Medium Sized: Dark iron dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Slow but Steady: Dark iron dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but it is never modified by armor.
Darkvision: Dark iron dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Stonecraft: Dark iron dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus to Appraise and Craft checks related to stone or metal.
Stonecunning: Dark iron dwarves gain a +2 bonus to Perception checks to notice unusual stonework like secret doors or traps. Within 10 feet they get a roll regardless of whether they are actively looking or not.
Toughness: Dark iron dwarves gain a +2 bonus to saves against poison and Fire Resistance 1.
Weapon Familiarity: Dark iron dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, throwing hammers, warhammers, and any weapon with the word Dwarven in the name.
Languages: Dark iron dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Dark iron dwarves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Giant, Goblin, and Ignan.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:43 am

Ironforge Dwarf Traits
+2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
Medium Size: Ironforge dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties based on their size.
Slow and Steady: Base speed for an Ironforge dwarf is 20 feet and is never modified by armor
Darkvision: Ironforge dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Stability: An ironforge dwarf gains a +4 bonus to their CMD to resist being bullrushed when standing on the ground.
Stonecunning: Ironforge dwarves gain a +2 bonus to Perception checks to notice unusual stonework like secret doors or traps. Within 10 feet they get a roll regardless of whether they are actively looking or not.
Stoneflesh: Once per day, for a number of rounds equal to their Constitution modifier, ironforge dwarves can gaina +2 bonus to Armor Class.
Weapon Familiarity: Ironforge dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, warhammers, and any weapon with the word Dwarven in the name.
Languages: Ironforge dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Ironforge dwarves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 pm

dfryer36 wrote:Okay, about a year ago I did up some conversions of the races from the World of Warcraft d20 into Pathfinder. The other day I was posting my 4th edition conversions and thought that I should post these as well. I never got them finished, but I figured I would give the gurus at the Piazza a chance to comment before I start up again.

I don't know Pathfinder yet, but Kodyax is an expert on this sort of thing. He might be able to help, especially on the Taurean conversion. I'll give him a ping.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Kodyax » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:45 am

dfryer36 wrote:Tauren Racial Traits
+2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity; Tauren are strong and in tune with the natural world, but their strength makes them slow to react.
Normal Speed: Base Speed for a Tauren is 30 feet.
Natural Weapons: Taurens have horns that they use as natural weapons. These horns inflict 1d8+their strength modifier damage.
Skilled Hunter: Taurens receive a +2 racial bonus to Stealth and Survival checks.
Weapon Familiarity: Tauren are proficient with greatclubs, and halberds. Tauren greatclubs are often coarved with symbols of spiritual or tribal significance.
Languages: Tauren begin speaking Common and Taur-ahe, Taurens with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Goblin, Orcish, Sylvan, and Terran.

I have yet to dip into WoW, the setting is not THAT interesting to me and what I did see has yet to impress me. Plus I have heard from members of the furry community that already play and based on their experiences, I have more or less decided that it's not for me. The only race that even partially looks to me like it could be fun are the Worgen and from what I have heard, those who complained about it being too much like a furry race have repulsed me. Now that said this build looks good as far as I can see of it. I have created a race similar to the Tauren and posted it to the database here: http://www.pathfinderdb.com/character-o ... attle-folk

I offer this as a possible alternative or as a something you may want to look at and see how it compares with what you have here.
Kodyax
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Kodyax wrote:The only race that even partially looks to me like it could be fun are the Worgen and from what I have heard, those who complained about it being too much like a furry race have repulsed me.

Isn't the entire point of the Worgen that it does the furry thing? Complaining about that is like complaining that there is cheese in a cheese roll! Der! :roll:

I've got a List of WoW:RPG classes thread. I'll have to look around to see if they have a list of races on Wowpedia. Perhaps 3e Worgen already exist (with an LA pentalty).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Kodyax » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:09 am

I've already created the kinds of races that I would want to play for the most part. Worgen are werewolves essentially. I'm actually mostly done with the idea of being a shapeshifter, the Shifters of Eberron got me over that hump real quick. I had most of the books for W0W D20 but I think I sold them and I don't want them back. I got rid of my Everquest books as well. I just don't see the point, they really don't do anything for me as I like how a lot of how Pathfinder is set up and what WoW did to dicker with things is not my cup of tea. I made the races I made to sim the bits of WoW I found good enough to take away. Maybe I'm just too old to deal with all this MMORPG stuff. But I know, Big Mac it's sounds stupid but according to certain folks I listen to on a podcast I shan't mention here there are so many issues with certain things that the new game smell has already soured for me. Good luck and I hope it works out for you but for the most part I'll keep what I have build a steam punk science fantasy world on my own.
Kodyax
Troll

Return to World of Warcraft