Xander212's World of Warcraft RPG forum is BACK

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.

Xander212's World of Warcraft RPG forum is BACK

Postby Big Mac » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Xander212's World of Warcraft RPG forum has been taken down for maintenance. I see this message when I try to go there:

This forum is offline for maintenance.

We are conducting maintenance on the servers to provide you with a better Forumer experience. For status updates and information, please visit: http://fhq.forumer.com/

Hopefully it will be back online soon. I know that Xander212 had problems with his admin account. I hope that is not going to cause problems.

If anyone knows any more, please post in this thread to let others know.

EDIT (by Big Mac 3 Dec 2011): The forum is now back!
Last edited by Big Mac on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:06 pm

The forum just came back, but it was totally empty. Maybe they are upgrading the phpBB install and will add in the data later. :?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:37 pm

I've checked the forumer support forums and it seems like a lot of the "server 11" forums are also blank. I'm not sure if a support ticket needs to be posted, or if they will be making a second pass to fix this, but they are asking people to wait 24 hours before submitting a ticket.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Xander212's forum is still totally blank.

It seems like it isn't just that forum. Here is a thread about another blank forum. That empty forum is on server 19, but (as far as I can tell) Xander212's forum is on server 11 (as there is a number "11" in his URL).

I tried to sign up to the forumer forum, but they have disabled account creation. (Maybe it is just for forum owners.)

http://fhq.forumer.com/register.php wrote:Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.

I'll see if I can contact Xander212, in case he can get a better response from them.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Ivellius » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:50 pm

I appreciate the updates. It's still blank as of today, but I know essentially nothing about the inner workings of such things. I'm a bit disappointed (I may have had some stuff there that never got saved), but ah well. The RPG's been "dead" for a while now, and there wasn't much going on anyway.

You'd think, though, with such a big-name product it'd have done a little better. I'm kind of trying to get a group going these days, so we'll see how that turns out.
Ivellius
Hobgoblin

Xander212's World of Warcraft RPG forum is back

Postby Big Mac » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Xander212's World of Warcraft forums are now back!

I've not checked them for a couple of days, so don't know if they were back today, yesterday or Thursday, but Woot!
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Xander212's World of Warcraft RPG forum is BACK

Postby Ivellius » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 pm

So they are.
Ivellius
Hobgoblin

Return to World of Warcraft