DD table collection?

Old School Revival at its best?

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

DD table collection?

Postby masque1223 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:38 pm

I was curious if there was a document anywhere that contained nothing but the various tables from the DD book, perhaps grouped by class (for the ones where that would apply only, of course)? I'm getting ready to run it, and I was hoping to make up some folders for my players. I can always print up individual pages from the pdf if necessary, but I was hoping to avoid the cutting and pasting.
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Re: DD table collection?

Postby Blacky the Blackball » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:14 pm

masque1223 wrote:I was curious if there was a document anywhere that contained nothing but the various tables from the DD book, perhaps grouped by class (for the ones where that would apply only, of course)? I'm getting ready to run it, and I was hoping to make up some folders for my players. I can always print up individual pages from the pdf if necessary, but I was hoping to avoid the cutting and pasting.

Hi Masque, and welcome to The Piazza!

I'm not sure what tables would be grouped in that way - there's just a single table for each class on the class's page (although the Cleric's is split across a page boundary).

I suppose that you could make some hand-outs by putting the relevant class table along with the main to-hit table and possible one or more weapon tables from the Weapon Mastery section, but you'd have to be selective in which weapon tables to include anyway depending on what equipment the characters had.

I'm afraid there isn't any pre-done document like that, so you'll have to print the PDF pages.
Check out Gurbintroll Games for my free RPGs (including Dark Dungeons and FASERIP)!

(I'm a moderator for "The Orc's Revenge" and its sub-forums. If I need to post anything officially as a mod, rather than just as a user, I'll post it in green.)
Blacky the Blackball
Storm Giant

Postby masque1223 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Yeah, the cleric is the one I was specifically thinking of as split up. Everything else class related is trivial, and other tables shouldn't give me too much of a hassle. Guess I'll just print out the non-class pages necessary (all other tables in the book) and arrange them into some kind of GM screen hybrid thing for quick reference.
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby masque1223 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm in the process of retyping most, if not all of the tables from the book. If I can figure out how to get it coded properly, my eventual goal may be a dynamic character sheet template in OpenOffice, like the one I've been using for HARP for years. Whichever form it ends up in, I'll make it available when it's done. So far I have the Cleric, Fighter, Mage, Mystic, and Thief tables coded in, along with the ability adjustments.
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby masque1223 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:56 am

I can post a preliminary draft if someone has somewhere I can host it. I'm happy to email it to someone. Right now it's in Excel format, since I'm at work and they don't have OpenOffice here, but when I get home I'll make an OpenOffice version. Right now it's just the Ability adjustment table (Table 3-1) and all of the Class tables (4-2 to 4-9).
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby Blacky the Blackball » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:56 am

masque1223 wrote:I can post a preliminary draft if someone has somewhere I can host it. I'm happy to email it to someone. Right now it's in Excel format, since I'm at work and they don't have OpenOffice here, but when I get home I'll make an OpenOffice version. Right now it's just the Ability adjustment table (Table 3-1) and all of the Class tables (4-2 to 4-9).

I'm not able to host Excel (or OpenOffice) files on the Dark Dungeons blog, I'm afraid; otherwise I'd love to host it. The blog software only allows me to host media files (images, sounds, video) and PDF documents.
Check out Gurbintroll Games for my free RPGs (including Dark Dungeons and FASERIP)!

(I'm a moderator for "The Orc's Revenge" and its sub-forums. If I need to post anything officially as a mod, rather than just as a user, I'll post it in green.)
Blacky the Blackball
Storm Giant

Postby masque1223 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:06 am

OK, I can certainly export them to pdf when they're in their final form. I'll see about hosting the spreadsheet files themselves somewhere, so that people can manipulate them to their heart's content. That is, after all, the whole reason I'm doing it.
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby masque1223 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:27 pm

No zip files either, I guess.

For now, I have it up at MediaFire in excel format, will upload an OpenOffice version when I get home from work. It's still a work in progress at the moment, but it includes a character sheet, the ability adjustment table, all of the advancement tables for the various classes, and equipment and transportation tables.

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6eyd0xta4cms6vy
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby masque1223 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:51 am

And here it is in Open Office format:
http://www.mediafire.com/?taof4cwaasycou4
I can't remember if I made changes to the Excel file since I uploaded the previous one or not, but on the off chance that I did, here is the most current one I have:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ozln9l2etyw4hk

Both of the above files are definitely identical, the only difference is the format.
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby Blacky the Blackball » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:37 pm

That looks good.

Are you planning on adding scripts so that the values on the character sheet are auto-populated from the other sheets?

Blacky the Blackball
Storm Giant

Postby masque1223 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Blacky the Blackball wrote:That looks good.

Are you planning on adding scripts so that the values on the character sheet are auto-populated from the other sheets?

If I can figure out how, I'd like to, but my spreadsheet-fu is extremely rusty. One of the reasons I wanted to make them available in spreadsheet form, rather than pdf is that maybe someone with more skills than I have can take the source files I made and script it up.
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby masque1223 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:05 pm

I have made some updates to the tables, both in RAW form and customized for my houserules. They're all in one folder now, with just one download link to mess with:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fx65uin2qohu1
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby masque1223 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Made some more changes, added the chevalier abilities to the Fighter table, and added an assassin and ranger to the custom tables. Will upload OpenOffice versions this evening when I get home from work.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jxjrwj4dwx6wp
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby masque1223 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:23 pm

All uploaded now in Excel and OpenOffice formats:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0467zdma5z8wk
masque1223
Hobgoblin

Postby Big Mac » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:24 pm

masque1223 wrote:I was curious if there was a document anywhere that contained nothing but the various tables from the DD book, perhaps grouped by class (for the ones where that would apply only, of course)? I'm getting ready to run it, and I was hoping to make up some folders for my players. I can always print up individual pages from the pdf if necessary, but I was hoping to avoid the cutting and pasting.

I thought this was going to be a topic about bespoke Players Screens and GMs Screens.

But it seems to have changed into a topic about interactive creation tools.

Are there screens or quick reference charts out there?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Dark Dungeons