Dark Dungeons and Psionics

Old School Revival at its best?

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Boddynock
Gnomish Ambassador

Dark Dungeons and Psionics

Post by Boddynock » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:53 pm

I thought about adding some psionic powers to Dark Dungeons. Not really a whole class, just a few powers that characters have a percentage chance to get every once in a while. Did anyone have any suggestions of a system that could mesh with Dark Dungeon/RC.
Check out my blog http://boddynock-te.blogspot.com/

Support your local gnome!

Boddynock Stotch - 17th level Gnome Bard of Far Shore, Isle of Dread - Savage Tide Adventure Path

vito
Orc

Re: Dark Dungeons and Psionics

Post by vito » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:37 pm

I know I like to go on about Carcosa all the time, but it really is a great setting, and it has some pretty nice psionics rules. (Roll a percentile check at character creation, or whenever the DM feels it's appropriate. If successful, you can use psionic powers a certain number of times per day depending on your level. Your powers are determined by rolling on a random table each day.)

I also like the mental combat rules from Oriental Adventures (the combatants look into each other's eyes and roll saving throws vs. death until only one is successful.)

If neither of those work for you, you might consider treating psionic powers as special skills or weapon feats.

Return to “Dark Dungeons”