[Har'Akir] What is known about it?

The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.
The Book-House: Find Ravenloft products.

[Har'Akir] What is known about it?

Postby Havard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:05 pm

What is known about this Domain? From what I understand it is a desert realm not unlike Egypt with a Darklord who is a Mummy?

Has anyone run adventures here? What are the best sourcebooks for learning more about Har'Akir?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [Har'Akir] What is known about it?

Postby Boneguard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:01 pm

The domain has now merged into a cluster with 2 other desert/Egyptian themed Domain, but it's pretty much desert, ruins and a few oasis. The people blame this whole mess on their pharaoh, and current Darklord, whose cruel and dark experiment messed with the Ma'at. The Green Hand, a good society that Ainsworth at avoiding tombs to be pillaged (and thus angering the Dead) are based here.

Domain of Dread, the Darklord sourcebook for Anhktepot's entry and the adventure Touch of Death would be your best sources.

The computer game: Ravenloft: Stone Prophet is also set jnvestigator that domain.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby Big Mac » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:40 pm

Havard wrote:What is known about this Domain? From what I understand it is a desert realm not unlike Egypt with a Darklord who is a Mummy?

There is a Har'Akir article on Mistipedia that can help you. It does say that the domain is an analogue of Egypt and that the darklord is a mummy.

Havard wrote:What are the best sourcebooks for learning more about Har'Akir?

The Mistipedia article actually has good citations, so you can find out where to read up on each specific fact.

I wonder if you could reboot any of the content from the Hamunaptra boxed set. :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby agathokles » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Touch of Death and the Stone Prophet are the main source. The latter is a CRPG adaptation of the former, and as far as I remember it is a relatively faithful adaptation , so you can stick with Touch of Death if you don't want to play the game (it's a good one, though ).

GP
agathokles
Red Dragon

Return to Ravenloft