Greg Marks' Teuralia

The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.
The Book-House: Find Ravenloft products.
lookatroopa
Orc

Greg Marks' Teuralia

Post by lookatroopa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:32 am

I was scrolling through the D&D team's incentives over on Extra Life, and found this in Greg Marks' list of rewards:
25$ Donation: Out of the Mists wrote: My Author Only adventures largely occur in Teuralia, an Isle of Terror cluster of three domains in the plane of Ravenloft. You can create a character with a custom background from one of these three domains that has managed to escape the Domain of Dread. When choosing this donation, please specify the domain you want your character to hail from:
  • Dunkilwald: A land of mountain highlands and deep, dark forests that is beset by constantly savagery and twisted fairies. Small bands of knights struggle to fight back cannibal hill folk, lycanthropes, and rampaging goblinoids. Dunkilwald has some flavors of 15th-century Germany. You might consider playing a character from Dunkilwald if you like a fiercely independent or primal PC, or prefer a character from a more traditional D&D setting. Nearly all character classes are found here though Rogues and Wizards are uncommon. Barbarians, Druids, Rangers and Sorcerers are extremely common. This is the only domain in Teuralia that sees native Dwarves or Elves.
  • Sullenworth: Low hills, marshlands, natural harbors, and great walled cities make up a land that suffers from a plague of undeath natives refer to as the Unpleasantness; spontaneous reanimation of the dead has cursed the land with large roaming packs of zombies. While religion is nearly unheard of, in the south there are said to be cults that worship unspeakable things from the sea. Science is king in Sullenworth, and while good breeding matters, education and merit can allow one to overcome the station they were born to. Sullenworth has some flavors of 17th- to 18th-century England. You might consider playing a character from Sullenworth if you like an unflappable, solidly respectable PC. Characters from Sullenworth are often well educated and illiteracy is rare. Men or women of overt faith are atypical. Rogues and Wizards are most common and Clerics are nearly unheard of.
  • Vildissette: A land of rolling grasslands, light woods, extensive farmlands, and a few large cities that struggles with a fungal plague called the Blight which causes massive crop failures and livestock die offs. In order to meet the needs of the cities, the Marquis Henri de Partandous has enslaved all halflings and gnomes to work on massive farms owned by the nobility. Bravos duel in the streets while great artists create wonders amidst the starving. Vildissette has some flavors of 16th- to 17th-century France. You might consider playing a character from Vildessette if you like a flashy, cultured or artistic PC. Characters from Vildessette are often skilled in the arts to some extent. Even the lowest farm hand plays an instrument or has tried his hand at poetry. Bards, Fighters, and Rogues are most common. This is also the only domain that possesses native Gnomes or Halflings.
Now, I'm not sure whether Adventurers League content in general is considered "canon", much less the Author Only line of adventures (the Forgotten Realms wiki certainly seems to consider at least the main storyline season adventures to be so), but I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about these domains, as I can't find attestations of them anywhere other than this page.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Greg Marks' Teuralia

Post by Big Mac » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:24 pm

lookatroopa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:32 am
Now, I'm not sure whether Adventurers League content in general is considered "canon", much less the Author Only line of adventures (the Forgotten Realms wiki certainly seems to consider at least the main storyline season adventures to be so), but I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about these domains, as I can't find attestations of them anywhere other than this page.
Greg Marks said he put a lot of content up on a WotC blog (which has now been deleted):
@Skerrit7h3green on Twitter wrote:You haven’t unless you followed my old WOTC community blog. I write it for original friends and family 5e playtest adventures and have since carried it over into my DDAO @DnD_AdvLeague adventures
He also said he is going to dig out all this old stuff, update it to 5e and put it on DMs Guild:
@Skerrit7h3green on Twitter wrote:I plan to clean it up and post it all to @dms_guild along with three adventures that occur there; but it will take me a few more months
So give it some time and you will start to see this stuff show up in search results.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Ravenloft”