[WotC] Half-Vistani - Moon madness?

The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.
The Book-House: Find Ravenloft products.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

[WotC] Half-Vistani - Moon madness?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:20 pm

This topic is being archived from the Ravenloft forum at Wizards of the Coast, prior to that forum being deleted. It was posted Oct 27, 2008 8:17:37.
caine99 wrote:Hi,

I have never run a half-vistani before - I note the moon madness...

How does everyone play that?

I mean if I take it literally - it states if the PC fails his save he goes off the reails (mad) for 3 days & nights! This is crazy! I mean even a lycanthrope comes around during the daytime! & surely if this is the case should the PC not get a save each night?

Or do they just wake up 3 days later - confused?

Many thanks...!!!
When I hit 8,888 posts you're going to see some serious sh*t. :P

Social Media

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [WotC] Half-Vistani - Moon madness?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:21 pm

rotipher wrote:I wouldn't recommend you have the PC black out for that period, as taking a PC out of a player's hands can raise bad feelings and derail adventures-in-progress.

Personally, I've encouraged my players who've run half-Vistani to role-play the lunatio as if the PC were an intoxicated adrenaline-junkie, out to take crazy risks and/or party, with little heed for the consequences. It's not quite how the book describes it, but it allows the player to still retain control of the character and participate in the plotline... though their wild antics and carelessness, under the lunar influence, might make the rest of the PCs wish they'd left the half-Vistana behind. ;)
When I hit 8,888 posts you're going to see some serious sh*t. :P

Social Media

Return to “Ravenloft”