[DMs Guild] The Night Fiend of Ravenloft

The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.
The Book-House: Find Ravenloft products.
Post Reply
User avatar
Aahz
Hobgoblin
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:07 pm
Gender: male
Location: Huntsville, AL

[DMs Guild] The Night Fiend of Ravenloft

Post by Aahz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:23 am

I just published a new adventure on Dungeon Masters Guild, Oddities & Odysseys: The Night Fiend of Ravenloft. It is a 2 hour adventure for 3rd-4th level characters. The adventure features a powerful ghostly villain who brings the heroes to the brink of death. The only way to defeat this ethereal foe is to battle him on equal terms, spirit against spirit. Beyond the normal PDF of the adventure, this product also includes a PDF with minimal graphics and a mp3 sound file of a haunting nursery rhyme to enhance game ambiance. A preview of more than half the adventure is also available.
Village children are disappearing in the dead of night. Are the characters willing to risk their very souls to stop the Night Fiend?
P.S. Hopefully this post is ok. I saw a similar one under SpellJammer.
Last edited by Aahz on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerry

Believe it or not, I'm not just full of hot air - sometimes I publish material for Dungeons & Dragons...
Oddities & Odysseys on Dungeon Masters Guild

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 23582
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: [DMs Guild] The Night Fiend of Ravenloft

Post by Big Mac » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:13 am

Aahz wrote:P.S. Hopefully this post is ok. I saw a similar one under SpellJammer.
MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): There are some online communities that seem to look down on self-promotion, considering it spam. I actually had a friend and fellow Piazza member ask me about this several years back. Ashtagon set up a forum called The Wishing Well for industry news in response to my friend's enquiry. Product announcements can go in there. This is an edge case, as it is also about a published Ravenloft DMs Guild product. So I could imagine somoene posting a topic like this in either place.

Just for the record, it's always OK to start a discussion like this at The Piazza. If a moderator thinks a topic like this is i the "wrong forum" it will be moved when a moderator spots it. They might PM you to talk to you about stuff if they think you need a hand working things out, but Piazza staff don't toss topics into the dustbin or suspend forum members if they don't know where to post things. I've chosen not to move this, and I've dropped a moderator note here just so that a helpful forum member doesn't think they need to report the post to draw it to our attention,. :)

(And if you are ever curious and want to ask first, just drop a topic in The Kippin' Griffin. That's The Piazza's place for asking how the forum works. You can also report your own post if you think...or know you have accidentally posted it in the wrong place...but do fill out the report, so we know why you reported your own topic. :) )

BTW: You might want to use your Piazza signature to link to your adventure or something else (like a blog) if you prefer. That way people will be able to find your work without hunting for this specific topic. You might also want to pop over to Havard's Celebrities on The Piazza topic and let him know you have written this adventure for DMs Guild. (I'm not sure what Havard's policy on DMs Guild is, as he started that topic years before DMs Guild existed...but it will be fun to find out! :mrgreen: )
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Aahz
Hobgoblin
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:07 pm
Gender: male
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: [DMs Guild] The Night Fiend of Ravenloft

Post by Aahz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks for the info!
Big Mac wrote:BTW: You might want to use your Piazza signature to link to your adventure or something else (like a blog) if you prefer. That way people will be able to find your work without hunting for this specific topic. You might also want to pop over to Havard's Celebrities on The Piazza topic and let him know you have written this adventure for DMs Guild. (I'm not sure what Havard's policy on DMs Guild is, as he started that topic years before DMs Guild existed...but it will be fun to find out! :mrgreen: )
Oooo... add link to signature.... why didn't I think of that? Thanks again!
Kerry

Believe it or not, I'm not just full of hot air - sometimes I publish material for Dungeons & Dragons...
Oddities & Odysseys on Dungeon Masters Guild

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 23582
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: [DMs Guild] The Night Fiend of Ravenloft

Post by Big Mac » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Aahz wrote:Thanks for the info!
Big Mac wrote:BTW: You might want to use your Piazza signature to link to your adventure or something else (like a blog) if you prefer. That way people will be able to find your work without hunting for this specific topic. You might also want to pop over to Havard's Celebrities on The Piazza topic and let him know you have written this adventure for DMs Guild. (I'm not sure what Havard's policy on DMs Guild is, as he started that topic years before DMs Guild existed...but it will be fun to find out! :mrgreen: )
Oooo... add link to signature.... why didn't I think of that? Thanks again!
You're welcome (x2). :)

BTW: Have you popped over to the Introduce yourself here topic yet? That's a place where people come to say "Hi" to everyone and tell people a bit about themselves and the stuff they like to talk about.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Post Reply

Return to “Ravenloft”