Other Ravenloft Websites

The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.
The Book-House: Find Ravenloft products.
Ashtagon
Hierarch

Other Ravenloft Websites

Post by Ashtagon » Fri May 23, 2008 7:32 am

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/ has a collection of Ravenloft netbooks and a forum.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Re: Other Ravenloft Websites

Post by Ashtagon » Sat May 24, 2008 4:11 pm

I split off one post to the chit-chat forum, as that post was a collection of links that were not specific to Ravenloft.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Dread Delgath
Cloud Giant

Post by Dread Delgath » Wed May 28, 2008 1:04 am

Is anyone familiar with a site once known as the Kargatane? I know little about it, what became of it, or the people who ran it/posted there, but I recall a friend once saying that they had a great net-book or three. Its demise came before I came online in 2000, so please forgive my ignorance & my intrusion here on this thread. :oops:
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

McDeath
Hobgoblin

Post by McDeath » Wed May 28, 2008 1:45 am

I miss that site as especially since it is where I found the Terrors From Above PDF with the pictures. Now I have to go to other netbook sites and they're pdf version doesn't have the pictures (I lost my original one). Realms of Evil was also a good site but is now just a forum. I think they had downloads, monsters, and such at one time.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew » Fri May 30, 2008 11:17 pm

I loved the Kargatane website. It was really well put together, had all kinds of useful information and several different sections full of really great stuff (the netbooks, all kinds of linkies, inspirational material, info on RL, a really comprehensive FAQ, reviews, even links for gothic fonts!).

I miss the Kargatane site. The one that's still there has some of the stuff yet, but the vast majority of it is gone. I think the FoS still maintains a lot of what the Kargatane site had, though. I'm not positive. (A lot of the people who frequented the Kargatane now are mainstays at Fraternity of Shadows, I believe.)
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew » Fri May 30, 2008 11:30 pm

Several free Electronic Software Downloads at Wizards of the Coast: Previous Edition downloads

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Cthulhudrew wrote: I miss the Kargatane site. The one that's still there has some of the stuff yet, but the vast majority of it is gone. I think the FoS still maintains a lot of what the Kargatane site had, though. I'm not positive. (A lot of the people who frequented the Kargatane now are mainstays at Fraternity of Shadows, I believe.)
The Fraternity of Shadows is indeed a very good Ravenloft site, and has been keeping on the tradition of the Kargatane netbooks.
Unfortunately, only the major projects survive -- netbooks and catalog on the Karagatane website, the campaign logs on the FoS website.
Many older articles are basically lost, since the other large pre-2000 repository, Alanik Ray's website (once maintained by Mystara and Ravenloft old-timer Marco Dalmonte), has been dead for quite some time.

GP

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Fortunately, the Wayback Machine is really useful in recovering all the old Kargatane stuff, as I recently discovered. Takes a bit of digging, but it helps quite a bit.

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:32 pm

It seems that not all the sites listed here are mentioned above. (These are Big Mac Dave's Yahoo Ravenloft links found in this thread)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:40 pm

Hugin wrote:It seems that not all the sites listed here are mentioned above. (These are Big Mac Dave's Yahoo Ravenloft links found in this thread)
I have links for most D&D campaign settings in my Yahoo links, but the forum software would only allow me to insert four links so I had to cut it down to the once I wanted to support the most. Maybe I should ask Ashtagon to change the rules, so that I can make my signature work for fans of more settings.

Meanwhile anyone trying to update links for any of the D&D settings, should go to any of my Yahoo pages, surf "upstream" and then pick the setting of their choice and click on that page. (I've put the subsettings into their own subfolders, where I've known what I was doing.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Michael Tumey
Bugbear

Post by Michael Tumey » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:34 am

Here's an interesting blog for things Ravenloft related: http://Tales of the Grotesque and Dungeonesque. It seems to have some 2e Ravenloftian class builds and such.

Return to “Ravenloft”