[Sarista] Has anything else been done withh Sarista?

"Through a veil of blue mist did I first behold an unknown realm; dreamlike and surreal as if suffused in amber glow."
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Sarista] Has anything else been done withh Sarista?

Post by Big Mac »

There is a 3rd Edition Talistlanta product, called Sarista. Here is the blurb:
Sarista back cover blurb wrote:SARISTA

Immerse your PCs in one of Talislanta's lushest cultures with Sarista, the first sourcemodule for Talislanta! As a sourcemodule, Sarista provides both detailed background information on the Sarista and a short adventure that lets you use some of that material right away. Details on Sarista customs, skills, equipment, and magic add flavor to this colorful race, while information on the landscape and creatures of Silvanus fleshes out the Sarista homeland. A few special NPCs and a sample Sarista clan provide inspiration for your own adventures, while the short adventure included sends your PCs to investigate possible Tanasian activity in Silvanus. Whether your party is visiting the Western Lands or being visited by a Sarista caravan, you'll find plenty of good ideas in Sarista.
I don't see any later editions of Talislanta that have Sarista in the title.

Is Tal 3e the only edition that had a book dedicated to Sarista?

(I didn't see any other books that had "Sarista" in the title, but I'm not sure if Sarista is in a wider region that was covered by a book with Sarista content.)

Are there any later books with a Sarista theme?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

writermonk
Ogre

Re: [Sarista] Has anything else been done withh Sarista?

Post by writermonk »

The short answer is no.

The longer answer is also no.

There were plans under Morrigan Press to do some similar books, gathered under the collective name "People and Places of Talislanta," but Morrigan didn't last long enough to actually get any of those to print. There is a PDF version of the Jhangara book and another for the Djaffa.
http://www.talislanta.com - Home of 20+ years of Talislanta material and the new Talislanta: Savage Lands.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

writermonk wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 am
The short answer is no.

The longer answer is also no.
:lol:
writermonk wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 am
There were plans under Morrigan Press to do some similar books, gathered under the collective name "People and Places of Talislanta," but Morrigan didn't last long enough to actually get any of those to print. There is a PDF version of the Jhangara book and another for the Djaffa.
I wonder if the new Talislanta products will ever do anything with Sarista.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

writermonk
Ogre

Post by writermonk »

I was working on some expanded Tal stuff (alas, we couldn't agree on some contractual terms).

Short version: I was going to push the official time line forward about a century or more. The Sarista were going to be part of a coalition government in the west with remnants of the Zandu government and the western islands. Sarista 'caravans' would have been broken up into land-based (traditional), sailing (allied with Gao pirates), and skyborne (with a bare handful of old windships) and responsible for ferrying and conducting trade between the western free peoples and the rest of the continent.
http://www.talislanta.com - Home of 20+ years of Talislanta material and the new Talislanta: Savage Lands.

Mulsiphix
Troll

Post by Mulsiphix »

writermonk wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:30 am
Short version: I was going to push the official time line forward about a century or more. The Sarista were going to be part of a coalition government in the west with remnants of the Zandu government and the western islands. Sarista 'caravans' would have been broken up into land-based (traditional), sailing (allied with Gao pirates), and skyborne (with a bare handful of old windships) and responsible for ferrying and conducting trade between the western free peoples and the rest of the continent.
:shock: *eyes grow wide with wonder*

Sooooo coool :o. Thank you for sharing this ^_^
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!

Return to “Talislanta”