Talislanta: Print on Demand

"Through a veil of blue mist did I first behold an unknown realm; dreamlike and surreal as if suffused in amber glow."
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Talislanta: Print on Demand

Post by Big Mac » Mon May 21, 2018 6:00 pm

There are currently 7 Print on Demand Talislanta books up on DriveThru RPG: I see some people, over there, asking if other books are going up in Print on Demand versions.

Is there a schedule for this?

Are books going up dependent on which are most requested?

Or are the books with the best scans going up first?

Are any books going to get skipped or will they eventually all get done?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

writermonk
Ogre

Re: Talislanta: Print on Demand

Post by writermonk » Mon May 21, 2018 6:26 pm

There is a schedule, but it isn't public (that I know of). SMS and DTRPG know it at the moment.

As far as I understand, they were doing books with the best scans available first. DTRPG has a standard for the scans and some of the Tal books don't meet those standards (because a lot of the scans we have of older books were done by fans and had some issues).

I'm not sure what's next for that list, but I think there may be more coming out. That said, they were doing a couple of titles every 3-5 days... so, if they've stopped with 'new' updates, that might be the list as it stands for now. I'll go poke SMS and see what he says.
http://www.talislanta.com - Home of 20+ years of Talislanta material and the new Talislanta: Savage Lands.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon May 21, 2018 6:40 pm

writermonk wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:26 pm
There is a schedule, but it isn't public (that I know of). SMS and DTRPG know it at the moment.

As far as I understand, they were doing books with the best scans available first. DTRPG has a standard for the scans and some of the Tal books don't meet those standards (because a lot of the scans we have of older books were done by fans and had some issues).
The fan project was an amazing thing. It's the thing that made me discover Talislanta. :cool:

I know that DriveThru have paid people to scan in D&D books. Would they be willing to pay someone like yourself or another Tal expert to redo the less optimal scans?
writermonk wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:26 pm
I'm not sure what's next for that list, but I think there may be more coming out. That said, they were doing a couple of titles every 3-5 days... so, if they've stopped with 'new' updates, that might be the list as it stands for now. I'll go poke SMS and see what he says.
All of those books went up between January 12th and January 21st. There is a bit of variation over the days. It looks like the first one was made public on January 18th and that some were scanned later than January 12th, but I'm guessing that the project has been put on hold.

I was wondering if people had to be taken off of getting things ready for PoD to help keep the Kickstarter on track.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

writermonk
Ogre

Post by writermonk » Mon May 21, 2018 6:45 pm

Update!

SMS says (re additional titles for POD):
I think it depends on how well these things sell. Though nothing is stopping anyone from emailing DTRPG directly and requesting that they make a specific title or titles available.
http://www.talislanta.com - Home of 20+ years of Talislanta material and the new Talislanta: Savage Lands.

Return to “Talislanta”