[Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

"Through a veil of blue mist did I first behold an unknown realm; dreamlike and surreal as if suffused in amber glow."

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Bangrim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:44 pm

I have a few questions:

Were People & Places: Djaffa And Riding The Sky: Windships only released as a PDF?
A few big sell sites mention "Talislanta Gazeteer" what is that? I didn't found information about that on the Tal.com Site?
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby writermonk » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Djaffa and Riding the Sky were both pdf only, yes.

The Talislanta Gazeteer is likely another name for the Talislanta Cyclopedias.
http://www.talislanta.com - Home of 20+ years of Talislanta material and the new Talislanta: Savage Lands.
writermonk
Ogre

Postby Bangrim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:37 pm

writermonk wrote:Djaffa and Riding the Sky were both pdf only, yes.

The Talislanta Gazeteer is likely another name for the Talislanta Cyclopedias.

Great, 2 books i can eliminate from my "To Buy" List :)

I'm not sure if its just a different name? I only found this:

Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby writermonk » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:54 pm

That was probably a mock-up for a project Morrigan intended to release but never saw print. The picture itself is an older one, iirc. But Morrigan never released a Gazetteer.

Arguably, Hotan's History of the World could be a Gazetteer, but as this says "Volume 1" on it, my suspicion is that these were going to be what the People & Places titles filled up. So, a lot of the things that are in the Lost Books would likely have been in the Gazetteer. Maybe. Perhaps.

But in any case, that image above is not an existing title.
http://www.talislanta.com - Home of 20+ years of Talislanta material and the new Talislanta: Savage Lands.
writermonk
Ogre

Postby Mulsiphix » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Bangrim wrote:A few big sell sites mention "Talislanta Gazeteer" what is that? I didn't found information about that on the Tal.com Site?

Actually the image above was used as the front cover for the 3rd edition product Sarista. Sarista provided both detailed background information on the Sarista and a short adventure. Details on Sarista customs, skills, equipment, and magic add flavor to this colorful race, while information on the landscape and creatures of Silvanus flushes out the Sarista homeland. The actual Talislanta Gazetteer was the first in a series of planned regional guides, with Talislanta Gazetteer Volume 1 covering the Werewood and Silvanus regions of the continent. It was quite real, had its own product code and everything (MOG1010) ;).
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!
Mulsiphix
Troll

Postby Bangrim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Mulsiphix wrote:
Bangrim wrote:A few big sell sites mention "Talislanta Gazeteer" what is that? I didn't found information about that on the Tal.com Site?

Actually the image above was used as the front cover for the 3rd edition product Sarista. Sarista provided both detailed background information on the Sarista and a short adventure. Details on Sarista customs, skills, equipment, and magic add flavor to this colorful race, while information on the landscape and creatures of Silvanus flushes out the Sarista homeland. The actual Talislanta Gazetteer was the first in a series of planned regional guides, with Talislanta Gazetteer Volume 1 covering the Werewood and Silvanus regions of the continent. It was quite real, had its own product code and everything (MOG1010) ;).

Yeah, i know that Sarista Book (have it like most of my Tal Books somewhere in the Bookcase).
Ahh ok, so its part of Lost Books on Tal.com? (at least Werewood is mentioned there)
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby Mulsiphix » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Not that I know of. It is worth mentioning that Morrigan Press had ten to fifteen books between its Talislanta 5E and Omni System settings at the time it closed its doors. Well metaphorically, as MP was technically around for a while after they stopped releasing products. The list of Lost Books is completely dependent on the original author(s) providing their work for the project. Unfortunately I have no idea who was producing or was set to produce that product. I'm guessing it was never officially commissioned thus was never realized.
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!
Mulsiphix
Troll

Postby Bangrim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Mulsiphix wrote:Not that I know of. It is worth mentioning that Morrigan Press had ten to fifteen books between its Talislanta 5E and Omni System settings at the time it closed its doors. Well metaphorically, as MP was technically around for a while after they stopped releasing products. The list of Lost Books is completely dependent on the original author(s) providing their work for the project. Unfortunately I have no idea who was producing or was set to produce that product. I'm guessing it was never officially commissioned thus was never realized.

Ah ok. This whole thing is confusing sometimes. At least i know now that i can stop searching for it, until today i thought this are just rare books.
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby writermonk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:20 am

We do have Werewood as one of the Lost Books, but nothing outstanding on Silvanus.

So, for the time being at least, rest assured that you'll get more information on Werewood in the future!
writermonk
Ogre

Postby Bangrim » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 am

writermonk wrote:We do have Werewood as one of the Lost Books, but nothing outstanding on Silvanus.

So, for the time being at least, rest assured that you'll get more information on Werewood in the future!

More information are always good!

Thanks for your effort!

Before i forget it again: Take a look at http://boutique.ludopathes.com/index.php?cPath=21_26

9 FRENCH PDFs for free. They contain a few things that are very interesting and understandable! For a map of the island where Gao Din lies (also it contains a "city" map of Gao Din) or a map that shows the ocean currents. A character sheet. Of course there are a few free background information, but my french isn't well at all. Maybe someone of you understands it and is happy to have it. As i said its free...
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby ironregime » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Bangrim wrote:Take a look at http://boutique.ludopathes.com/index.php?cPath=21_26. 9 FRENCH PDFs for free.

I tried to get these but had trouble with the checkout system. Anyone know of another outlet or way to view them?
ironregime
Goblin

Postby Mulsiphix » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:12 pm

I got as far as placing my order but the only way to do that was to say that I would pay them with a check. I checked my order history but none of the files were available for immediate download, which is how it works over at DriveThruRPG =(
Mulsiphix
Troll

Postby Bangrim » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:57 am

Mulsiphix wrote:I got as far as placing my order but the only way to do that was to say that I would pay them with a check. I checked my order history but none of the files were available for immediate download, which is how it works over at DriveThruRPG =(

After placing your order it takes a few hours (~10hours) until you can download the files. The Download Links can be found in the Order X (the date where you ordered the pdfs) in the Order history .
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby Mulsiphix » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Bangrim wrote:After placing your order it takes a few hours (~10hours) until you can download the files. The Download Links can be found in the Order X (the date where you ordered the pdfs) in the Order history .
Indeed! Alright all of the downloads are available to me. I've grabbed them all and placed them in a single zip file. If any of you are interested in checking these out, you can now easily grab them all at once ;)
Mulsiphix
Troll

Postby ironregime » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks for letting me hit the easy button, Mulsiphix!
ironregime
Goblin

Postby Bangrim » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:25 am

Ahh does anyone know how much fan written stuff isn't online at Tal.com (stuff from Tal Central and other sites) ?
I wanted to put all the stuff in a big PDF (perharps more than one Magic - Adventures - Characters), print them and let them bind to a book. Nevertheless its not very clever to start to sort and edit the whole stuff, when a lot of is still missing ( a lot means more than 100 pages...) Or is all this stuff still available on the archived sites? Didn't looked yet oO
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby Mulsiphix » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Bangrim wrote:Ahh does anyone know how much fan written stuff isn't online at Tal.com (stuff from Tal Central and other sites) ?
I wanted to put all the stuff in a big PDF (perharps more than one Magic - Adventures - Characters), print them and let them bind to a book. Nevertheless its not very clever to start to sort and edit the whole stuff, when a lot of is still missing ( a lot means more than 100 pages...) Or is all this stuff still available on the archived sites? Didn't looked yet oO
Drohem is in charge of establishing a download archive for the website. The scope of this project is to establish a downloads section for Talislanta.com but the goal is to include every known piece of fan content ever made available online. Any new submissions to the website, through the contact us forms, are also being added in. I don't think this is a complete list of articles but this should cover the majority of what Drohem has added so far from old Tal fan sites like Talislanta Cental. When you get to the end just click on the Older Posts links and follow the news all the way back to June 19th where Drohem makes his first Downloads section post. It's a slow process but all will be completed in due time ;).
Mulsiphix
Troll

Postby Bangrim » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Does someone ever has visited http://www.angelfire.com/games2/warpspawn/AIT.html ?

Adventures in Talislanta - Board game based on the Talislanta RPG

:o :mrgreen:

btw. does anyone have this picture

in A4 format?
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby Mulsiphix » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Where did you dig that up? I swear I remember a different cover for the City Guide. Also, what size is the original? I could convert it into A4 if the image is large enough. Well convert it so it looks beautiful. I could throw an ugly looking nasty version together any ole' time :lol:

UPDATE
And so there is!

Last edited by Mulsiphix on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mulsiphix
Troll

Postby Bangrim » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Mulsiphix wrote:Where did you dig that up? I swear I remember a different cover for the City Guide. Also, what size is the original? I could convert it into A4 if the image is large enough. Well convert it so it looks beautiful. I could throw an ugly looking nasty version together any ole' time :lol:

UPDATE
And so there is!

The image i posted is the original size, but i made my own Cover Page.

The Image was done by Adam Black, at least according to the internet :) It's amazing! :mrgreen:
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby Mulsiphix » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:16 pm

:shock: Um... wow! I Prefer your version to the original lol. Well done ;)

I found the green version in a year 2000 backup of ShootingIron.com. Skip to 2002 and you'll find the cover I remember.

Dec 06, 2000

Sep 23, 2002
Mulsiphix
Troll

Postby Bangrim » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Again im searching for some colored graphics :

Does anyone know if a colored picture of Imria exist? Or a Kra? As i mentioned before i'm gonna print a few PDFs and bind them into one book...but the Imria PDF is the only one without a (colored) cover.
I made up this:

but it would look cooler if it was fully colored :(

Also i would need a different Version of this Picture:

i used the one from the Cyclopedia V, but its framed and all other covers are not...(as you can see i'm not very good in graphic editing..^^)

And at last i need you opinion.
Which version is better?

a)

or

b)

ah and for those of you who want a editet version of the Imria PDF (with table of content ect. ) send me a message ....
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby Mulsiphix » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

The only color images that I know to exist in Talislanta are the covers. Unfortunately, assuming you are only considering color images, that doesn't leave you with many options. It is worth noting that the 100% color Talislanta Artbook will be released, I'm hoping, sometime next year. In case you didn't catch that news article, here is a link ;)

The only other version of the second picture I know of is as the cover of the first edition Talislanta Handbook. While it is technically a color picture the entire thing is done in Blue and White versus Black And White. Same level of depth and depiction though so in that regard it is clearly inferior to any color depiction... in theory :P

For the Djaffa question, I think A is technically the better picture. However, I prefer B given more can be seen and the coloring reminds me of homebrew creations which always give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I'll be playing BattleTech in a couple of hours using marker colored paper for the maps. I love me some homebrew ^_^
Mulsiphix
Troll

Postby Bangrim » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Mulsiphix wrote:The only color images that I know to exist in Talislanta are the covers. Unfortunately, assuming you are only considering color images, that doesn't leave you with many options. It is worth noting that the 100% color Talislanta Artbook will be released, I'm hoping, sometime next year. In case you didn't catch that news article, here is a link ;)

The only other version of the second picture I know of is as the cover of the first edition Talislanta Handbook. While it is technically a color picture the entire thing is done in Blue and White versus Black And White. Same level of depth and depiction though so in that regard it is clearly inferior to any color depiction... in theory :P

For the Djaffa question, I think A is technically the better picture. However, I prefer B given more can be seen and the coloring reminds me of homebrew creations which always give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I'll be playing BattleTech in a couple of hours using marker colored paper for the maps. I love me some homebrew ^_^

Yeah, i know about the Art Book and i'm very excited about it!

I'll use the second Djaffa as a front cover but will also include the original cover on the backside....

Also i'll use the picture from the Talislanta Handbook (and the non colored version of the Imra :( ).
Today i made up 4 covers, edited the westernland and the imra pdfs ...and i only need to edit the Midnight Realm stuff...and then i can print my:

People & Places Book :D
Bangrim
Hobgoblin

Postby writermonk » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:47 pm

The Jhangara file over in the Lost Books section was going to be one of the People & Places titles (like the Djaffa book that did come out).
writermonk
Ogre

PreviousNext

Return to Talislanta