[Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

"Through a veil of blue mist did I first behold an unknown realm; dreamlike and surreal as if suffused in amber glow."

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Bangrim » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:25 pm

writermonk wrote:The Jhangara file over in the Lost Books section was going to be one of the People & Places titles (like the Djaffa book that did come out).



Yeah, but i won't include it yet. When all Lost Books are available i'll print Lost Books Vol. I & Lost Books Vol. II




Btw. for you my friends:

Imria & The Westernlands Book edited...if you find any errors please tell me.

http://rapidshare.com/files/437403750/tal.zip
(the zip contains 2 Imria files, they differ in layout and formatting)...
Hope you enjoy it....
User avatar
Bangrim
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: Braunschweig, Germany

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Azaghal » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Bangrim wrote:
writermonk wrote:The Jhangara file over in the Lost Books section was going to be one of the People & Places titles (like the Djaffa book that did come out).



Yeah, but i won't include it yet. When all Lost Books are available i'll print Lost Books Vol. I & Lost Books Vol. II




Btw. for you my friends:

Imria & The Westernlands Book edited...if you find any errors please tell me.

http://rapidshare.com/files/437403750/tal.zip
(the zip contains 2 Imria files, they differ in layout and formatting)...
Hope you enjoy it....

Thanks Bangrim! Yay more downloads. :D
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington
User avatar
Azaghal
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4316
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM USA

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Bangrim » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Azaghal wrote:
Bangrim wrote:
writermonk wrote:The Jhangara file over in the Lost Books section was going to be one of the People & Places titles (like the Djaffa book that did come out).



Yeah, but i won't include it yet. When all Lost Books are available i'll print Lost Books Vol. I & Lost Books Vol. II




Btw. for you my friends:

Imria & The Westernlands Book edited...if you find any errors please tell me.

http://rapidshare.com/files/437403750/tal.zip
(the zip contains 2 Imria files, they differ in layout and formatting)...
Hope you enjoy it....

Thanks Bangrim! Yay more downloads. :D


NP, the only thing i want in return: FEEDBACK :D
User avatar
Bangrim
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: Braunschweig, Germany

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Azaghal » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Bangrim wrote:
Azaghal wrote:
Bangrim wrote:
writermonk wrote:The Jhangara file over in the Lost Books section was going to be one of the People & Places titles (like the Djaffa book that did come out).



Yeah, but i won't include it yet. When all Lost Books are available i'll print Lost Books Vol. I & Lost Books Vol. II




Btw. for you my friends:

Imria & The Westernlands Book edited...if you find any errors please tell me.

http://rapidshare.com/files/437403750/tal.zip
(the zip contains 2 Imria files, they differ in layout and formatting)...
Hope you enjoy it....

Thanks Bangrim! Yay more downloads. :D


NP, the only thing i want in return: FEEDBACK :D

Oh sure ask for us to goto that much effort, actually when I can I will be more than happy to provide feedback. Currently my life is rather filled as a 24/7 nurse for my terminally ill wife.
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington
User avatar
Azaghal
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4316
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM USA

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Mulsiphix » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:26 pm

The link provided has expired =(. Could you post it again Bangrim? Also, I think this definitely merits its own dedicated thread. There is a lot of gold in this six page thread but sadly most folks won't ever find it. Don't let your creations suffer the same fate :shock:!
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!
User avatar
Mulsiphix
Troll
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm
Location: Wylie, TX (USA)

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Bangrim » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Mulsiphix wrote:The link provided has expired =(. Could you post it again Bangrim? Also, I think this definitely merits its own dedicated thread. There is a lot of gold in this six page thread but sadly most folks won't ever find it. Don't let your creations suffer the same fate :shock:!


The Link works fine for me oO
I'll upload it again and will post it here: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5049
User avatar
Bangrim
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: Braunschweig, Germany

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Mulsiphix » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:19 pm

The error was on my end. I was getting a "ERROR: RapidPro Expired" message. It is working under Chrome just fine for me so it is probably just a cookie issue on my end. Sorry for the confusion Bangrim.
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!
User avatar
Mulsiphix
Troll
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm
Location: Wylie, TX (USA)

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Mulsiphix » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:31 pm

I think Imria looks awesome! My only gripe is the boxes used throughout the document. From what I can tell most of these boxes are just encasing a single portion of a larger text. Traditionally boxes have been used for little side notes the author wants to make. In this case I'm not sure what the purpose of them is. I definitely like V2 of Imria better than V1, but I'm not sure the color used is particularly flattering given the page background color (tal.com motif). I don't have any suggestions at the moment though for a better box color.

In regards to the Westerlands I just wish the original author had done a better job with basic layout before uploading it. For example on page 50 of the book (page 51 according to pdf reader) you see the end of one chapter and the heading for the next chapter at the very bottom, but no text. The original timeline could benefit from a basic table so it is easier to read. These problems are with the original source though and definitely not something you've overlooked Bangrim ;). The page 1 (page 2 in pdf reader) the very first line of text appears to be in German.

I really like the background color of the documents. The colored page border graphic is also very nice! The linked table of contents is just delicious. I really like it. Well done Bangrim :)
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!
User avatar
Mulsiphix
Troll
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm
Location: Wylie, TX (USA)

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Bangrim » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Mulsiphix wrote:I think Imria looks awesome! My only gripe is the boxes used throughout the document. From what I can tell most of these boxes are just encasing a single portion of a larger text. Traditionally boxes have been used for little side notes the author wants to make. In this case I'm not sure what the purpose of them is. I definitely like V2 of Imria better than V1, but I'm not sure the color used is particularly flattering given the page background color (tal.com motif). I don't have any suggestions at the moment though for a better box color.

In regards to the Westerlands I just wish the original author had done a better job with basic layout before uploading it. For example on page 50 of the book (page 51 according to pdf reader) you see the end of one chapter and the heading for the next chapter at the very bottom, but no text. The original timeline could benefit from a basic table so it is easier to read. These problems are with the original source though and definitely not something you've overlooked Bangrim ;). The page 1 (page 2 in pdf reader) the very first line of text appears to be in German.

I really like the background color of the documents. The colored page border graphic is also very nice! The linked table of contents is just delicious. I really like it. Well done Bangrim :)


Imria:
I think i'll cut some of the boxes...only text parts that are some sort of story or tales will be boxed in the next version...
Most of the boxes are overlapping with the background graphic.....
I'll look through the colors, but its hard to get something good. Beside of that most people will print these pages black / white...(like me). I'll try a few colors and then i will see which color works...

Westernland:
Page 50 isn't supposed to look like that, will fix that tomorrow. This whole break after chapter 1 was my idea. In the original document there were no real breaks at all. Maybe i'll fill this spots with some graphics, but that will take some time to find graphics that match the text...
I honestly which this book would have been printed :( It's so sad that i had to cut almost the whole GM section and the new archetypes..just because they werent done yet. There were just notes :(

And Yes....i didn't changed Inhaltsverzeichnis to Table Of Contents yet :D
User avatar
Bangrim
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: Braunschweig, Germany

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Bangrim » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Btw. I'm looking for someone from the us who is willing to buy a few things from ebay.com and amazon.com for me, that would save me a lot of insane shipping costs!
If anyone is willing to help...send me a message. Cheers.
User avatar
Bangrim
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: Braunschweig, Germany

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Mulsiphix » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Bangrim wrote:Btw. I'm looking for someone from the us who is willing to buy a few things from ebay.com and amazon.com for me, that would save me a lot of insane shipping costs!
If anyone is willing to help...send me a message. Cheers.
Message Sent ;)
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!
User avatar
Mulsiphix
Troll
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm
Location: Wylie, TX (USA)

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Adam Black » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:30 am

Azaghal wrote:Oh sure ask for us to goto that much effort, actually when I can I will be more than happy to provide feedback. Currently my life is rather filled as a 24/7 nurse for my terminally ill wife.


That's very bad news, man. I'm sorry to hear that. ;(
User avatar
Adam Black
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: Northwestern US

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Azaghal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:40 am

Adam Black wrote:
Azaghal wrote:Oh sure ask for us to goto that much effort, actually when I can I will be more than happy to provide feedback. Currently my life is rather filled as a 24/7 nurse for my terminally ill wife.


That's very bad news, man. I'm sorry to hear that. ;(

Thanks Adam! Just do what we can you know.
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington
User avatar
Azaghal
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4316
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:25 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM USA

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby seafloorian » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Last monday, the request below was sent to the Tal mailing list. As I'm in the middle of moving house, I lack the time to write a short review myself, but I think it would be a waste to miss this opportunity to promote Talislanta. Anyone here who wants to take up the challenge (and take the credits for it)?

-----

Hello fellow Talislantians,

I was wondering if anyone from this community would be interested in putting a few hundred words together on Talislanta for the online 'zine RPG Review.

Our next issue is dedicated to 'different worlds'. It would be good to have an article that gives a critical overview of the gameworld, what makes it special, what it doesn't do so well, etc.

We'd be looking around two weeks as a deadline; plenty of time! :)

So anyone up for it?

Kind regards,

Lev Lafayette
(lev a-t rpgreview d-o-t net)
seafloorian
Goblin
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Mulsiphix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Thank you seafloorian! I went ahead and created a new thread for this one. This thread needs to be dismantled and sorted properly lol :mrgreen:. The thread can be found here.
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!
User avatar
Mulsiphix
Troll
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm
Location: Wylie, TX (USA)

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby SMS » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:57 pm

Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone who has posted here, and also to apologize for not responding to any earlier posts that may have been addressed to me. Thanks to David Sheperd, I discovered that my account had not be set-up to notify me by email when people posted Q's or comments to me (duh on my part). I have the account set-up correctly now, so if there are any further posts I won't miss them this time. :)

Happy to answer any (non-rule system) questions about Talislanta. And thanks again to everyone who has helped support the Talislanta game over the years.

SMS
SMS
Goblin
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Big Mac » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:08 pm

<offtopic>

Mulsiphix wrote:
Bangrim wrote:Btw. I'm looking for someone from the us who is willing to buy a few things from ebay.com and amazon.com for me, that would save me a lot of insane shipping costs!
If anyone is willing to help...send me a message. Cheers.
Message Sent ;)


This page is from a UK perspective, but anyone wanting to send things around the world might be interested in the Cheap Parcel Delivery page on Money Saving Expert. If you are planning on setting up reciprocal deals with someone on the other side of the world, you might both be able to look for a way to spend less cash on shipping and more cash on sourcebooks.

(I don't personally consider RPG products to be time critical items that I "need" to get in 24 hours, so would be happy to get things a slow and safe way.)

</offtopic>
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 21499
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Big Mac » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:45 pm

SMS wrote:Happy to answer any (non-rule system) questions about Talislanta.


Here is a question for you. A question about what my friend Havard likes to call "vaporware".

I know that Doug said he was really surprised about the number of "Lost Books" that were out there, when he went searching for them.

And I know that Talislanta.com has done an amazing job of collecting (or at least listing) the published books and also covering the Lost Books. I know there are a couple of things elsewhere (someone recently pointed me at the d20 Tal Web Enhancement that I didn't know about). But are there any other "lost" Tal projects that the fans do not know about?

SMS wrote:And thanks again to everyone who has helped support the Talislanta game over the years.


I'm sorry that I never found out about Talislanta until after you gave it a second life as a free RPG. In fact I started a thread (with an idea borrowed from Azaghal) about what it would be like if Talislanta was still around. It was called "You have just been given the Talislanta IP"). You might be amused (or horrified ;) ) to see what some of us would have done if you let us have a Talislanta licence.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 21499
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Giant Space Hamster » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:28 am

MODERATOR NOTE: Posts about SMS's unfinished novel split into a separate thread called "[vapourware] Rogue Magician Crystabal (novel)".
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Junior admin at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Giant Space Hamster
Initiate
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:38 pm

There is a problem with the downloads page. The descritive text for the books seems to cut off a word or two from the sides. This seems to not be a browser problem, as I have loaded the page in Avant, Chrome, Firefox & Safari and observed the same across all browsers.
Social Media Links

Malathéa
DevinatArt / Facebook / Google / The Piazza / Twitter / YouTube
User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
 
Posts: 8196
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Location: Malathéa

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Also, the map in the D20 version seems to be very pixelated. I wonder if there is a place where I can nab a better quality map from the book.
Social Media Links

Malathéa
DevinatArt / Facebook / Google / The Piazza / Twitter / YouTube
User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
 
Posts: 8196
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Location: Malathéa

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Giant Space Hamster » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:49 pm

MODERATOR NOTE: Posts about the German interview with SMS split into a separate thread called "An interview with SMS (in German)".

Please stick to the topic of this thread - the free Talislanta downloads. If you wish to discuss anything else, please start a new thread.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Junior admin at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Giant Space Hamster
Initiate
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Mulsiphix » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:23 pm

The Chronicles of Talislanta has been released in its Final version! Read the official news post now!
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!
User avatar
Mulsiphix
Troll
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm
Location: Wylie, TX (USA)

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby HobbitFan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 pm

whole lotts good gaming stuff for free there guys. Thanks for sharing!
User avatar
HobbitFan
Gnoll
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: Nashville, TN USA

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Postby Mulsiphix » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:53 pm

HobbitFan wrote:whole lotts good gaming stuff for free there guys. Thanks for sharing!
You are most welcome :mrgreen:
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!
User avatar
Mulsiphix
Troll
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm
Location: Wylie, TX (USA)

PreviousNext

Return to Talislanta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest