[Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

"Through a veil of blue mist did I first behold an unknown realm; dreamlike and surreal as if suffused in amber glow."
Mulsiphix
Troll

Re: [Talislanta] Entire Talislanta Free Download

Post by Mulsiphix » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:22 am

Azaghal wrote:I`m hopeful the Yahoo group post will help draw here but so far response has been minimal.
*crosses fingers*
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:30 am

Mulsiphix wrote:
Azaghal wrote:I`m hopeful the Yahoo group post will help draw here but so far response has been minimal.
*crosses fingers*
:D I would guess it`s what got Adam Black over here.
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Azaghal wrote: :D I would guess it`s what got Adam Black over here.
Good job, Azaghal!

Adam Black
Hobgoblin

Post by Adam Black » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Azaghal wrote:
Mulsiphix wrote:
*crosses fingers*
You guessed correctly!

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Adam Black wrote:
Azaghal wrote:
Mulsiphix wrote:
*crosses fingers*
You guessed correctly!
:lol: Not a difficult guess at all.

Mulsiphix
Troll

Post by Mulsiphix » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Azaghal wrote::lol: Not a difficult guess at all.
Actually I thought he joined up because I mentioned the forum in the news update posted to Talislanta.com :P
No Elves! Talislanta released for FREE Apr 1st 2010! - - - - - - - - - -1980's Talislanta Gencon Ad and Poster
20yr RPG, 30 books @ approx 5,000 combined pages! - - - - - - - - - Interview with creator Stephan Michael Sechi
Download the Talislanta library or take a Virtual Tour! - - - - - - - - -The Tal Scanning Project needs your help!

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:55 pm

Mulsiphix wrote:
Actually I thought he joined up because I mentioned the forum in the news update posted to Talislanta.com :P
:lol: Wel we both hit the Yahoo group and he joined the next day...............

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:39 am

Azaghal wrote:
Mulsiphix wrote:
Have you two been spamming Adam Black? ;)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:01 am

Big Mac wrote:
Azaghal wrote:
Mulsiphix wrote:
Ummm no. I just wrote the Tal group on Yahoo and Mulsiphix followed it up with more detail.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Azaghal wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
Azaghal wrote:
Mulsiphix wrote:
Ummm no. I just wrote the Tal group on Yahoo and Mulsiphix followed it up with more detail.
Never mind. That was just a joke.

...obviously a failed joke. :oops:
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Mulsiphix
Troll

Post by Mulsiphix » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Big Mac wrote:Never mind. That was just a joke.

How funny neither of us got it :lol:

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:32 am

Mulsiphix wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Never mind. That was just a joke.

How funny neither of us got it :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:50 pm

The Talislana Library page is looking very healthy. I thought I'd take a snapshot of how everything is progressing, so that I could look back at it and see how fast things are changing:
  • 1st Edition - 4 books - 2 at the "final stage" - 2 at "stage 2"
  • 2nd Edition - 3 books - 1 at the "final stage" - 2 at "stage 2"
  • 3rd Edition - 8 books - 7 at the "final stage" 1 at "stage 2"
  • 10th Anniversary - 1 book - 1 "missing" (currently being scanned)
  • d20 System - 1 book* - all at the "final stage"
  • 4th Edition - 8 books - all at the "final stage"
  • 5th Edition - 7 books - all at the "final stage"
  • Novel - 1 book - 1 missing (currently being scanned)
* = Two 4th Edition books have d20 System stats, taking the total 3e content up to three books.

I know that 4th and 5th Editions are the most popular within the community, so it makes sense that they got done first. It looks like the move from stage 2 to final may well be getting done in reverse order, as 3rd Edition is just one book away from being "all done".

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:33 am

Big Mac wrote:The Talislana Library page is looking very healthy. I thought I'd take a snapshot of how everything is progressing, so that I could look back at it and see how fast things are changing:
  • 1st Edition - 4 books - 2 at the "final stage" - 2 at "stage 2"
  • 2nd Edition - 3 books - 1 at the "final stage" - 2 at "stage 2"
  • 3rd Edition - 8 books - 7 at the "final stage" 1 at "stage 2"
  • 10th Anniversary - 1 book - 1 "missing" (currently being scanned)
  • d20 System - 1 book* - all at the "final stage"
  • 4th Edition - 8 books - all at the "final stage"
  • 5th Edition - 7 books - all at the "final stage"
  • Novel - 1 book - 1 missing (currently being scanned)
* = Two 4th Edition books have d20 System stats, taking the total 3e content up to three books.

I know that 4th and 5th Editions are the most popular within the community, so it makes sense that they got done first. It looks like the move from stage 2 to final may well be getting done in reverse order, as 3rd Edition is just one book away from being "all done".
I need to check what I have downloaded atm and what I need to download. I've been slacking lately. :)

Adam Black
Hobgoblin

Post by Adam Black » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Big Mac wrote:

I liked it! :lol:

Then again, I've dealt with some Very Weird Fans. Like the nice lady who thought I was sending her secret messages in the Kiss comic a couple years ago. :o

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:08 am

Adam Black wrote:
Big Mac wrote:

I liked it! :lol:

Then again, I've dealt with some Very Weird Fans. Like the nice lady who thought I was sending her secret messages in the Kiss comic a couple years ago. :o
Sadly a small percentage of fans (of all sorts of things) can't tell the difference between a famous person being friendly and a famous person being a friend. :shock: :o

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:25 am

Big Mac wrote:* = Two 4th Edition books have d20 System stats, taking the total 3e content up to three books.
I only really have an interest in D20 Talislanta. I downloaded the "core" D20 book. Which of the two 4th ed books have d20 info?

Mulsiphix
Troll

Post by Mulsiphix » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 am

Talislanta Menagerie
The Weight of Water

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:20 am

Mulsiphix wrote:Talislanta Menagerie
The Weight of Water
I've updated my d20 System Talislanta thread, to add the three products to the end of the first post.

Mulsiphix
Troll

Post by Mulsiphix » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Since you guys are such fans and the d20 books are only three books (hot linking the entire library this way would be a much larger undertaking) you can now link directly to any of the three d20 books on the Talislanta Library page.

The Tal Library page URL
http://talislanta.com/?page_id=5

Add to end of Tal Library link for Talislanta D20
#d20_Book_1

Talislanta Menagerie
#d20_Book_2

The Weight Of Water
#d20_Book_3

Sorry it too me so long to realize how important d20 was to you fine folks. You think it would have been clear to me from day one with this being a D&D settings forum :oops:. Hope this helps Big Mac ;)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:38 am

Mulsiphix wrote:Sorry it too me so long to realize how important d20 was to you fine folks. You think it would have been clear to me from day one with this being a D&D settings forum :oops:. Hope this helps Big Mac ;)
Thanks Mulsiphix. That is going to be really useful.

There is no need to appologise. Any of us could have asked you if you could do this if we thought it needed to be done.

I think that if the duel-stat books had been mentioned under both the d20 section and the 4e section, this sort of hotlinking would not have mattered so much. And I think that if all the 4e books were duel-stat it also would not have mattered so much (because the d20 System fans would be checking them all) but with just two duel-stat books in the 4e section they meld into the background a bit.

In the long run, I think it might actualy be worth hotlinking each individual book or even giving each book its own "homepage" (and making the Talislanta Library page a list of lists).

Individual URLs (of any form) allow people in other places to hotlink directly to on of the books of Talislanta. So someone could, for example, post a link to The Cyclopedia Talislanta on Facebook, and other people could share that link and put it on their wall too. (Doing the same sort of thing for the Lost Books would allow fans of those books to draw attention to any new books that they like.)

Mulsiphix
Troll

Post by Mulsiphix » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:31 am

Up to this point each book has specifically not been given its own page because SMS wanted the website to be just a place where you could acquire the books. The site as its exists now is the maximum of what SMS originally envisioned which was a list of links. Everything on the site is just extra stuff I've been allowed to throw up there. Even if each page was given its own page, what would we put on it? We have no volunteers willing to even post news to the site. Tal's community is very talkative regarding Tal but, generally speaking, not much for action. Sad but true :|

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:27 am

Unfortunately most people are talkers not doers, I find myself doing the same, I have 5 or 6 side projects that apply to my Spelljammer campaign that are just sitting there instead of being worked on. Often a large poject seems overwhelming but broken down into small chunks it`s not so bad.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Mulsiphix wrote:Even if each page was given its own page, what would we put on it? We have no volunteers willing to even post news to the site.
If the books had individual pages (and this is only a suggestion - so feel free to ignore it) I'd like to see some useful information about the book (without needing to download the book to get it). For example:
  • The book blurb (you have this covered),
  • A picture of the rear cover (as well as the front one - some people like that sort of stuff),
  • A copy of the credits (i.e. who wrote it, who did the art, who edited it),
  • A copy of the contents (i.e. what is in it).
This is the sort of thing that I put up for AD&D Adventures in Space (on Spelljammer Wiki).
Azaghal wrote:Unfortunately most people are talkers not doers, I find myself doing the same, I have 5 or 6 side projects that apply to my Spelljammer campaign that are just sitting there instead of being worked on. Often a large poject seems overwhelming but broken down into small chunks it`s not so bad.
I think some people can't cope with big projects. I've been stuggling with with the wiki and a few other projects. I think that breaking things down into bits really helps. Sadly a lot of people don't have the skill to break up big things and end up getting bogged down.

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm

I do know exactly what you mean Big Mac, part of my problem is my pc (low quality pos) which has a tendency to freeze up and is beyond slow. That definitely hampers my projects as does RL. If I had time to really focus I`d be able to get some of my projects moving along, but RL has a habit of only letting my get nothing done. Think about a pizza, the place across the street makes an 18" one, if I try to eat it whole all I`ll have is a mess, but slice by slice it`s easy.

Return to “Talislanta”