[Nation] Taymora - Empire of the Dead

Rebuilding the world in the wake of the Great Rain of Fire.

Moderator: Seer of Yhog

Re: [Nation] Taymora - Empire of the Dead

Postby Seer of Yhog » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Here is the writeup for Jadikira's Ring:

Serpent Ring of Jadikira

This ring looks like a winding gold serpent with iridescent green jade scales and tiny ruby eyes, biting its own tail. The ring detects as magic, and displays the telltale signs of being a magic ring (changing size to accommodate the hand of the one who wears it). When worn, a number of powers become apparent through experimentation, or through dream messages from Jadikira (depending on certain circumstances).

• The wearer can speak with snakes 3 times per day for one hour each time (ask simple questions that permit a yes/no answer).

• The wearer can summon up to three snakes (common indigenous snakes only) once per day. Each snake can be asked to perform one simple task that is not dangerous (as per charm person spell). Snakes will arrive in 1d6 turns and stays until the task is completed or six hours passes – whichever comes first.

• At 3rd level, the wearer can shapechange into a snake once per day. The wearer can become any kind of mundane (i.e., normal-sized) snake, and while in snake form will have all of the abilities possessed by that type of snake (including movement rate, armour class, venom, constriction, etc.), but are unable to talk or cast spells. Hit points and saving throws are unchanged from their original form. They will remain in that state until they choose to revert back to their normal form, or 24 hours passes – whichever comes first. While in snake form all of the wearer's possessions vanish into a pocket dimension, and re-appear on the wearer's person when they re-assume their normal form. Once the wearer has resumed their original form, they cannot shapechange again until a full 24 hours has passed.
Moderator for Mystara. My moderator voice is heliotrope.

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Seer of Yhog » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Chimpman wrote::twisted:
I like that a lot GG! So I assume your player's character already has 2 of the 4 items she needs (a ring and dagger)?

Yep. I haven't designed the others, but since this is a longer-term plotline there's not a huge rush, so I expect they'll be designed on this forum. :twisted:

Chimpman wrote:I wonder what happens when all four items are brought together? I wonder if Jadikira could be having the same kinds of conversations with the folks in possession of those other 2 items. If Jadikira's intellect really is broken up and separated amongst multiple items, the poor former queen might be playing at cross purposes with herself! Of course, in the end one person would possess all 4 items... but there might be some heavy competition to acquire them all...

Hmmmm....this is evil. I like it. If all four items are reunited in one person's possession, Jadikira regains all of her powers and memories and becomes strong enough to possess them. The victim is then sealed away in a corner of Jadikira's mind (basically trapped in her memories), while the Taymoran queen uses her new body to further her aims. This has been her plan all along, of course, since she knew that Taymora was going to fall and she was determined to survive it. The reason why the sphere encasing the ring melted away is because it was magically encoded to do so when held by a young woman carrying Jadikira's blood (possession is far easier that way). I quietly determined that Marguerite has, somewhere deeply buried in her genetic background, some Taymoran ancestry - specifically, one of her distant ancestors was conceived during one of Jadikira's love affairs (likely before she became a vampire). Anyhow, descendants of that child migrated north after BC 1700, mixing with local people, and their descendants migrated further into the Darokinian melting pot over the following centuries.

But you raise an excellent question. What if someone else has found the staff or tiara, and are being guided by another fragment of Jadikira? "There can be only one." :twisted:
Moderator for Mystara. My moderator voice is heliotrope.

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Chimpman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Seer of Yhog wrote:But you raise an excellent question. What if someone else has found the staff or tiara, and are being guided by another fragment of Jadikira? "There can be only one." :twisted:

Yeah, I love the idea that while the PC is out looking for those relics, someone with one of those relics is out looking for her :twisted:. If they are both descended from the same line, they may even share some physical/mental qualities. The PC could basically be facing an older, more experienced (more corrupted) version of herself. Nice way to foreshadow things to come...
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.
Chimpman
Hadozee

Postby Chimpman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Just running through some old threads and I found this gem in Cruth Lowlands map. Adding it here so as not to loose track of it.

agathokles wrote:Turnwood
This high magic point is a nexus for shapechanging and transformation magics. Here, spells that alter the shape of beings and items are easier to cast and research (x2 duration and 1/2 research time).

More than three millennia ago, the Taymorans created their brand of lycanthropy here, in an attempt to create the ultimate soldiers for their slave armies. The Taymorans built here a secret, extensive research facility, complete with wizard towers, observatories, alchemical laboratories, medical rooms, dungeons, containment rooms, wards, traps and assorted defenses. Later on, the Traldar wizard Zirchev also conducted research in the Turnwood.
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.
Chimpman
Hadozee

Postby RobJN » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:08 pm

Chimpman wrote:Just running through some old threads and I found this gem in Cruth Lowlands map. Adding it here so as not to loose track of it.

agathokles wrote:Turnwood
Later on, the Traldar wizard Zirchev also conducted research in the Turnwood.

OOOh. This is very good to know. :twisted:
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Previous

Return to 2300 BC