[Think Tank] Mystara 2300 meets Thorn's Mystara

Rebuilding the world in the wake of the Great Rain of Fire.

Moderator: Seer of Yhog

Re: [Think Tank] Mystara 2300 meets Thorn's Mystara

Postby Chimpman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:20 pm

:P
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.
Chimpman
Hadozee

Postby Chimpman » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm just starting to have some random thoughts about Taymora and Thorn's Mystara. One of the major historical events is the Taymorans migrating to the southern coast of Brun. In the BC 2300 timelines I've tied that into a conflict between Tayma (and her nosferatu/vampire followers) and the shadow dragons/giants (led by Ghaeranatos).

So I'm thinking that Tayma and her followers fled to southern Brun in search of some artifact that would help them win their battle with the night dragons. My first thought is that her Thonian heritage would have left her with stories of Blackmoorian outposts in the area (ie the Lost Valley), and that she hoped to find artifacts there to aid her in her cause.

Did she find what she was looking for? Did she find everything there was to find? Was she close to finding something really important when her daughters imprisoned her? These are questions that are begging for adventures to be written about them. :twisted:
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Chimpman
Hadozee

Postby RobJN » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Chimpman wrote:I'm just starting to have some random thoughts about Taymora and Thorn's Mystara. One of the major historical events is the Taymorans migrating to the southern coast of Brun. In the BC 2300 timelines I've tied that into a conflict between Tayma (and her nosferatu/vampire followers) and the shadow dragons/giants (led by Ghaeranatos).

So I'm thinking that Tayma and her followers fled to southern Brun in search of some artifact that would help them win their battle with the night dragons. My first thought is that her Thonian heritage would have left her with stories of Blackmoorian outposts in the area (ie the Lost Valley), and that she hoped to find artifacts there to aid her in her cause.

Did she find what she was looking for? Did she find everything there was to find? Was she close to finding something really important when her daughters imprisoned her? These are questions that are begging for adventures to be written about them. :twisted:

Perhaps she found more than she bargained for, thus, her imprisonment...?
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Postby Chimpman » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 am

RobJN wrote:Perhaps she found more than she bargained for, thus, her imprisonment...?

:ugeek: Quite.

But... just for the sake of curiosity... what kind of havoc could the Original Nosferatu wreak if she found herself in control of a Well of Souls?
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Chimpman
Hadozee

Postby RobJN » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:24 am

Chimpman wrote:
RobJN wrote:Perhaps she found more than she bargained for, thus, her imprisonment...?

:ugeek: Quite.

But... just for the sake of curiosity... what kind of havoc could the Original Nosferatu wreak if she found herself in control of a Well of Souls?

Hmm, perhaps a side by side comparison of the powers, to see if any match up...
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Previous

Return to 2300 BC