[Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [OOC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: [Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [OOC]

Post by Knightfall » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Update with the bedbug (?) war...

We've had our place sprayed twice and inspectors say that they haven't seen any signs of bedbugs. My sister got rid of the couch and my bed. A new couch arrived yesterday, but my new bed won't arrive until Monday. So, I'm stuck staying at my mom/step-dad's place.

My life is a circus and the big top fell down. :(
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:21 am

I'll tell Relgar to get his ass over there and cast a Repel Vermin on all your stuff, just to be sure. Till he gets back, I'll wait.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:44 am

So, who is still in for this campaign?
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:34 pm

I'm about to get busy. One post a week might still be possible.

dfryer36
White Dragon

Post by dfryer36 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:13 pm

I'm still in.
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:29 am

Okay, so my plan is to get the game going again some time next week. FYI, I'm dealing with a sinus infection right now, but I'm on my third day of antibiotics. Hopefully, my energy will get better later in the week.

We will continue right from where we left off. The PCs are at Terger's family estate and planning their next move to try to track down the planar portal (and its key) that leads to Phelix's enclave.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Unfortunately, Tellerian Hawke had to bow out of the game. His work schedule is too much and he can barely run his own play-by-post games. Thus, for the first while, I'll take control of Big Tim. If I can't get another player to take on that PC, then I'll likely write the character out of the game.

Regardless, at some point, I'd like to add one more play, but I won't try to bring in any more than that, for now.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:59 pm

Well I liked Big Tim, but he was literally from another universe, so it'd be easy enough to say that he simply fades away back to his home planet....

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 am

willpell wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:59 pm
Well I liked Big Tim, but he was literally from another universe, so it'd be easy enough to say that he simply fades away back to his home planet....
That's probably the best plan.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:48 pm

So, I'm looking to get the first new post by Wednesday or Thursday. Today is a busy day and tomorrow is my writing class, so unless I get it done before my writing class starts in the evening, it won't go up until at least Wed.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:43 pm

The restart post is roughly half done. It will get done and posted later on today. An appointment first.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:35 am

Post is now up.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:17 am

Waiting for David to post.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:03 am

willpell,

David has to quit the game for health reasons, so unless I can get another player to take over Terger, we will have to end the game. I'll put out some feelers on my Facebook group and here, as well. I'll post for Terger to keep it going, if your okay with that, or we can wait and see if I get someone else to join the game.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:10 pm

So it goes....

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:44 pm

Weird thought. I've been having the urge to GM myself for a while...if I wanted to take on the effort of recruiting some people from some other site (a big "if" at this point, I'm just putting it out there), would you be interested in taking a turn as player?

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:44 am

willpell wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:44 pm
Weird thought. I've been having the urge to GM myself for a while...if I wanted to take on the effort of recruiting some people from some other site (a big "if" at this point, I'm just putting it out there), would you be interested in taking a turn as player?
Hmm, I might. Would this be a Whiteleaf game?
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:56 am

What I might do with this game, if it doesn't continue is turn it into a story hour. That might include going back a bit and writing key previous events in a summary story before continuing on as a full piece of gaming fiction. Of course, this assumes that you guys are okay with me doing that.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:11 am

willpell,

Are you willing to redo your PC as a 5E character, if I can only get players who want me to migrate the game to 5E?
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:00 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:56 am
What I might do with this game, if it doesn't continue is turn it into a story hour. That might include going back a bit and writing key previous events in a summary story before continuing on as a full piece of gaming fiction. Of course, this assumes that you guys are okay with me doing that.
Hm. I'm vaguely okay with the idea of Relgar continuing in a less interactive format, but I feel like I should have some veto power. I don't feel I had the opportunity to roleplay him well enough or often enough that someone else ought to know how to properly represent him in a narrative.
Knightfall wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:11 am
willpell,

Are you willing to redo your PC as a 5E character, if I can only get players who want me to migrate the game to 5E?
Relgar wouldn't work as a standard 5E wizard. But I'd be (minimally) content with the idea of making a new 5E character. Probably a Wild Mage sorcerer, since basically any other 5E character will bore me to tears after a couple months.
Knightfall wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:44 am
willpell wrote:
I could go either way on that. I'm very proud of some of the worldbuilding that I've done on the setting, but other parts feel like they were a mistake; I'm not sure I like the state that it's in currently, but I don't know what exactly I want to change. I might rather start in an isolated sub-setting, which might eventually turn out to be some other planet in Whiteleaf's universe (interstellar travel is exceedingly rare, but it does happen once in a while), giving me the option of moving the action to Terrestra later on, if your character takes an interest in the occasional rumors that filter out to wherever you are. But then again, I have doubts about this approach as well.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 am

willpell wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:00 pm
Knightfall wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:56 am
Hm. I'm vaguely okay with the idea of Relgar continuing in a less interactive format, but I feel like I should have some veto power. I don't feel I had the opportunity to roleplay him well enough or often enough that someone else ought to know how to properly represent him in a narrative.
If I do the story hour, it would likely be from the point of view of several NPCs (especially Custodio) with some of the dialog of the PCs included as written. I might even make much of it from the villain's point of view. This would, of course, include tons of spoilers, which would effectively end the game, but I think that's already been decided.

If I get to the point of the story continuing on from where it left off, I'd be willing to let you feed me dialog for Relgar to create a collaboration or we can have him fade out of the story.
willpell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:11 am
willpell,

Relgar wouldn't work as a standard 5E wizard. But I'd be (minimally) content with the idea of making a new 5E character. Probably a Wild Mage sorcerer, since basically any other 5E character will bore me to tears after a couple months.
I don't think you have to worry about it. At this point, I think we can say the game is over. I haven't received any interest from anyone else. It's a tough way for it to end, but I can't see going one with only one player. Sorry.
willpell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:44 am
willpell wrote:
I could go either way on that. I'm very proud of some of the worldbuilding that I've done on the setting, but other parts feel like they were a mistake; I'm not sure I like the state that it's in currently, but I don't know what exactly I want to change. I might rather start in an isolated sub-setting, which might eventually turn out to be some other planet in Whiteleaf's universe (interstellar travel is exceedingly rare, but it does happen once in a while), giving me the option of moving the action to Terrestra later on, if your character takes an interest in the occasional rumors that filter out to wherever you are. But then again, I have doubts about this approach as well.
Well, I'll think about it. And, if you do decide to go ahead with it, I'll let you know if I'm in or not. Right now, I would say I'm 50/50 on the idea.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 am
Well, I'll think about it. And, if you do decide to go ahead with it, I'll let you know if I'm in or not. Right now, I would say I'm 50/50 on the idea.
In that case, given that my laptop has decided it doesn't like the Piazza anymore, I will probably refrain from starting the game. I can get by with only Library Internet access for occasional message threading, but a PBP would likely require the use of the 15 or so hours I spend on Wifi every week.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 pm

willpell wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:53 pm
Knightfall wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 am
In that case, given that my laptop has decided it doesn't like the Piazza anymore, I will probably refrain from starting the game. I can get by with only Library Internet access for occasional message threading, but a PBP would likely require the use of the 15 or so hours I spend on Wifi every week.
No worries.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “The Crystal Globe”