The Karameikos PbP, The Mistery of the Mirror (IC thread)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
agathokles
Red Dragon

Re: The Karameikos PbP, The Mistery of the Mirror (IC thread)

Post by agathokles » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Lucius agrees... Maybe these lizardkin know more about the area.

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:04 pm

Westron road, Blight Swamp
Scene LVII - Hwyrlen, Flaurmont 18th day, 993 AC

When you do not make threatening moves, the caymen seems to calm down until one with brightly colored feathers and a staff comes in front of the others. Retameron makes a gesture of greeting him, and the caymen speaks in broken Thyatian.
"Why come you to swamp? Are you allied with the not alive man?"
Halia speaks to him in a strange language, something you think must me lizardmen, or the caymen variant of it. The caymen shaman and Halia are engaged in unintellegible conversation for a while. After that, the red haired female wizard explain and translate.
"It seems they have been more or less forced to serve Rosentos as scouts and guards, while the bronze skinned humans also serve him as food. They say Rosentos and Trinkla have a old grudge and they are not sure whom of the two possesses this black orb we seek, but they have a great treasure they would be willing to give to us if we free them from Rosentos. I think Rosentos is an abomination and we should help them and destroy him!", Halia says.
Retameron and Cardia agree emphatically with the plan.
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Bofar glances Lucius briefly before speaking.
I tend to agree with you about the abimination part. But we need more information before making our move. Besides we have to plan this very carefully, with Desmond and the others included.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Lucius emphatically agrees with Bofar

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Scene LVII - Hwyrlen, Flaurmont 18th day, 993 AC

Retameron accepts the notion of going back to camp. Halia says to the cayman shaman they will soon be free from Rosentos' rule.
You return to Desmond and the others, other are returning too and Desmond is speaking to Alexei.
"It seems Grisbaldos does not know where the Orb is. But he is desperate in wanting Rosentos dead and insisting he is evil and dangerous", Alexei says.
"His house is well guarded by the bronze skinned humans and I believe has a vast underground. It could be very difficult to enter it and find Rosentos", Sam says.
"The humans here seem numb and afraid. Rosentos has a strict control over them, probably magical. If we attack him, I have no doubt they will defend him to the last man", Kesh says.
"Maybe we should accept Rosentos' help against Trinkla. As she stole the Orb originally, we can rule out she is kind and just, and willing to help. Once we have dealt with her, we can deal with Rosentos too", Desmond says.
"It is trickery", Arteris says, not thrilled by the idea.
"In the name of a just cause, it is fitting, as Rosentos is probably out to trick us", Retameron says.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:24 pm

We have to plan this carefully. I'm afraid that if we now go against Rosentos and and defeat him, we will be in no condition to attack Trinkla for a some time, there is bound to be some losses. Besides we should not forget that Skarda and his minions could be here at any moment...

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Lucius nods in agreement with Bofar.

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Scene LVIII - Hwyrlen, Flaurmont 18-19th day, 993 AC

"Right, let's face an enemy at the time. We will pretend to go along with Rosentos' plan against Trinkla, then we will deal with him as necessary. Now let's catch some sleep. Tomorrow we will have to continue our journey", Desmond says.
You spend a quiet night on Rosentos' island, and the next morning you return to his house. Desmond says to him you will accept his help to take the Orb from Trinkla.
"Excellent. I will give you a black pearl now. You will go to Trinkla's hideout and ask to speak with her. She will certainly be curious enough to allow you to enter. Before you arrive before her, call me through the pearl and I will help you when she will attack. Because certainly she will try to kill you", Rosentos says, giving the black pearl to Desmond.
Then he proceed to explain on a map the best route to get to Trinkla.
Soon you are ready to go on with your mission. Rosentos send a bronze skinned young man as a guide to the next village, 6 miles to the east, where he says you will be helped. Guided by the man and Shuur, you do not encounter anything dangerous and finally reach by evening a village mostly built above the water. The inhabitants are all bronze skinned as the humans in the island of Rosentos.
As soon as lookout notice you, an older man comes forth, kneeling before you and speaking in relatively good Thyatian. "Welcome masters, you can have anything you want from us. You can take men or women to help you if you want".
Last edited by Sturm on Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Why do this people treat us as their masters?

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Scene LVIV - Hwyrlen, Flaurmont 19th day, 993 AC

"I suppose they are under Rosentos' rule. We could indeed take some warriors as extra help", Desmond says.
"These people have been clearly enslaved and it would not be right to put them in danger by bringing them with us", Halia says affirmatively, soon backed by Retameron, Arteris, Fain and the elves.
"Well we can rest here at least, then we will see tomorrow", Desmond says.
You camp in the village, with the chief insisting to bring you food and asking you continuosly what else you may want.
"I wonder what the origin of these bronze skinned people may be. They look like westerners. I am not sure it would be useful to bring some of them along. This may just tell Trinkla we are after her, while we should try to persuade her to let us speak. In this case the compassionate behaviour of Retameron and the others probably has its merits", Desmond says.

Return to “The Crystal Globe”