[TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Eutrapelico
Gnoll
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Eutrapelico »

RobJN wrote:
Pio takes 6 points of damage. (Pio was that something soft.)[/color]
Battered, tired, sore and hungry, this is the first time in very long that a smile cross his diminutive face. A genuine broad smile.

His eyes attentively observe his surroundings, his mind darts registering the best spots for him to move and how to use the furniture, decorations and utensils to favor his next actions.

"Run, find weapons, guerrilla strikes against the ogre." - the halfling thinks to himself.

User avatar
Redmap1
Orc
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 9:24 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Redmap1 »

Struggling out of the sack Moris looks around.
Seeing the ogre and clever both looming over him, he attempts to run through or around the ogre's legs and dash away. This way. Moris yells to his fellow halfling.

Eutrapelico
Gnoll
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Eutrapelico »

Turning his eyes to the unnamed halfling registering his moves as if his own reality had slowed down as he considers the next move.
"Separated ways first." - to the newly met halfling, Pio's tone seemed dry. To anyone else who had met him prior to today, would know something has changed in the halfling.

His minds rushes registering the surroundings looking for any sign of his equipment before he darts away to ambush the ogre.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4637
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

Rushing west (towards the fire) will allow the halflings to shelter under the ten-or-fifteen foot length of the table. To the east: Shadows envelop that end of the chamber, where large shapes hunker along the room's far wall. The firelight reveals a wide doorway in the southwestern corner of the room, and the shadows pool darker in the rooms southeast corner.

Remember, that the halflings only have about 12' of movement left in the round, after scrambling to their feet and shaking off the heavy leather sacks.

[Initiative note: we'll keep the numbers rolled earlier in the scene]
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Redmap1
Orc
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 9:24 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Redmap1 »

Quickly realising that he won't have enough time to escape past the ogre, Moris changes direction. He dashes for the table next to the fireplace. Some cover from a large ogre waving a clever. And surely a sharp implement - a knife ? a fork ?.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4637
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

Redmap1 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:39 pm
Quickly realising that he won't have enough time to escape past the ogre, Moris changes direction. He dashes for the table next to the fireplace. Some cover from a large ogre waving a clever. And surely a sharp implement - a knife ? a fork ?.
The tabletop is at least five feet above the floor -- another foot (or more) over Moris' head.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4637
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

Somewhat-refreshed map. It's scaled to one square= 5 feet
Image
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Redmap1
Orc
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 9:24 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Redmap1 »

Just before disappearing under the table, Moris does a little jump and swipes his hand along the closest portion of the table top. He hopes to snare something,anything to defend himself from the ogre.

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »

Hopefully, after removing the last of the vile glop they intended on feeding to us from the floor Shannon noticing how Horvik made process with the door said to him (Still in low voice.) "Are we going to wait for them to come back here or should we try and get out now?"

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4637
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

At Shannon's elbow, Jasna hisses "Well? What are you waiting for? An engraved invitation from the baron himself?"

What little of the corridor you can see from the gap in the doorway is lit, but gloomily so, the light source at some distance.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Eutrapelico
Gnoll
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Eutrapelico »

Redmap1 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:03 pm
Just before disappearing under the table, Moris does a little jump and swipes his hand along the closest portion of the table top. He hopes to snare something,anything to defend himself from the ogre.
A satisfying smile crosses the Halfling's face as Pio sees from the corner of his sight his misfortune partner halfling distracting the ogre with his ducking, tumbling and covering.

"To the shadows." - he thinks to himself as he darts East of the room.

Becoming one with the shadows (Stealth +6): [1d20+6] = 14+6 = 20
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... &what=sand
Last edited by Eutrapelico on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eutrapelico
Gnoll
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Eutrapelico »

Using his memory orientating his moves, Pio reaches out for the first thing reassembling a possible offensive tool.

Wisdom: [1d20] = 14
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... &what=sand

User avatar
torkill13
Bugbear
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by torkill13 »

Feeling the door give way from the pounding of his foot, Horvik inches his way through the narrow opening. He regrips the chain in his hand and motions for the others to follow, then turns to look down the hall toward the flickering torchlight.

User avatar
Redmap1
Orc
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 9:24 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Redmap1 »

Redmap1 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:03 pm
Just before disappearing under the table, Moris does a little jump and swipes his hand along the closest portion of the table top. He hopes to snare something,anything to defend himself from the ogre.
[1d6] = 6

User avatar
Coronoides
Dragon Sage
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 am
Gender: male
Location: Mostly Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Coronoides »

Quarilran follows behind Horvak. “Everyone out” he whispers “quickly now”
Last edited by Coronoides on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »

As Shannon follows, sliding through the small opening side ways. He beckoned to the girls, mouthing the words "Come on without really saying them.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4637
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

The halflings split up, one breaking right, the other left.

Pio melts into the shadows at the edge of the firelight, making his way along what turns out to be a mess of sacks, crates, barrels, and boxes in the far corner of the room. Perched precariously atop a collection of leather sacks nearly his own height, Pio makes out familiar shapes of pommels, hilts, and hafts -- weaponry! He reaches, keeping one eye on the ogre, fingers closing around the familiar leather grip of his long knife.

Moris nearly clonks his head, one hand flailing blindly about the tabletop before he tucks and rolls beneath the ogre's table. His fingers close around.... the bony end of something greasy, half-cooked, and half-eaten.

The ogre gives a surprised grunt, glancing to its left and right, beady eyes narrowing as Moris scoots beneath the table. It stoops, and swipes with the massive cleaver. [16+6 Hit! (even with the 3/4 cover of the table! :o ) for 5+4= 9 damage] He delivers a wicked slice across Moris' back as the halfling tumbles past.

-------------------------------
Meanwhile, in the corridor... The wide corridor is just as damp as the cell, the air just as musty... but it also carries a sickly sweet smell of decay which seems to waft from the same direction as the firelight: a high archway ahead and to the right of the cell's doorway.

Petra's nose wrinkles, and she brings an overly-long sleeve up to her mouth and nose. Her cough sounds entirely too loud.

That is quickly drowned out by the tooth-jarring grate of wood-against-stone from the fire-lit chamber, and the guffaw of an ogre.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Coronoides
Dragon Sage
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 am
Gender: male
Location: Mostly Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Coronoides »

The unarmed elf springs forward dashing for the fire-lit door "Girls stay back!"

OOC: Get into the room if I can, even if that means a double move (Dash). If I can get in and still get an action plan is to rush forward applying my shoulder to the ogres leg at full tilt. I hope to trip him up.
Question. Any sign of those thieving kobolds?
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

User avatar
torkill13
Bugbear
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by torkill13 »

As the sounds of struggle echoed down the stone corridor, the burly fighter tightened his grip on the chain in his hands and prepared to confront the ogre in a test of strength. Suddenly the scrawny and unarmed elf dashed past him toward the meaty ogre. "Oh this ought to be good," Horvik laughed. "Come on! Let's go watch the valiant elf get knocked on his ass." Horvik called out as he charged down the hall behind the elf.

User avatar
Coronoides
Dragon Sage
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 am
Gender: male
Location: Mostly Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Coronoides »

Watching the elf sprint off and take the corner through the door the observant among you might note the spell-flinger moves with fluid athleticism, long strides evidence of high power to weight. He moves like a dancer or a martial artist of the far east.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

User avatar
Coronoides
Dragon Sage
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 am
Gender: male
Location: Mostly Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Coronoides »

*OOC in medieval English that would be 'arse'. An 'ass' is a donkey.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Bugbear
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Pop-Tik »

Shannon moves to accompany both the elf and Horvik. In case things don't go as planned.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4637
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

Coronoides wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:50 pm
The unarmed elf springs forward dashing for the fire-lit door "Girls stay back!" [T]he elf sprint{s} off and take{s} the corner through the door...{moving} with fluid athleticism, long strides evidence of high power to weight. He moves like a dancer or a martial artist of the far east.

OOC: Get into the room if I can, even if that means a double move (Dash). If I can get in and still get an action plan is to rush forward applying my shoulder to the ogres leg at full tilt. I hope to trip him up.
Question. Any sign of those thieving kobolds?
The elf's Dash takes him right smack up to the side of the ogre... but he does not have the momentum to even budge the great, hairy oaf. The chamber's cook fire burns an uncomfortably short distance to the elf's side. He might be able to dance between it and the table his next turn. He sees no sign of kobolds -- thieving or otherwise -- in his quick, peripheral glance around the chamber.

(And, speaking of hairy oafs....)
Horvik is only a step behind, chain at the ready... only to find the elf between himself and a clean shot at the ogre.

Still cloaked in the shadows, Pio darts forward, while the ogre is distracted by the elf. From the ogre's blind spot, the halfling delivering a vicious overhead strike, the dagger biting deep into the back of the ogre's thigh. [d20+4=7+4=11 (Hit!) for 1d4+2 (2+2=4)+ 1d6 (6)= 10 points] :shock: Pio dances back a few steps, getting clear of the ogre's reach.

Beneath the table, a bleeding Moris skitters backward, and then breaks for the shadowed side of the chamber.

Shannon stops at a distance, ensuring Horvik has plenty of room to swing his chain. Jasna creeps against the wall opposite the warrior, poised on the balls of her feet, blue eyes wide and intent on the action within the chamber.

Slightly behind Shanon, the remaining girls press against the wall of the prison corridor, Katarin flanked by the other two. Petra glances into the gloom to the right, blinking rapidly and wiping at her nose, while Brynne focuses her attention down the corridor in the other direction.

The ogre, roaring in pain from Pio's strike, but unable to reach either halfling, takes its frustration out on the closest target. It chops at Quarilran. The elf raises a hand in response, and the cleaver strikes sparks as the air above the elf's hand flares blue-white.... and then shatters like fine glass. But the power behind the ogre's strike is nearly gone, the cleaver grazing down the elf's forearm. [d20+6 (14+6)=20, for 1d8+4 (2+4)=6 points of damage]
Image
Last edited by RobJN on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Redmap1
Orc
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 9:24 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Redmap1 »

“Ahhh! That hurt.” Moris glances at the meaty bone in his right hand and attempts to dodge out of the range of the ogre and his bloody cleaver. (Using disengage)

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4637
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by RobJN »

Redmap1 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 pm
“Ahhh! That hurt.” Moris glances at the meaty bone in his right hand and attempts to dodge out of the range of the ogre and his bloody cleaver. (Using disengage)
Which way is Moris going? Towards the fire? The shadows, where the other halfling disappeared? Towards the group of visitors that’ve suddenly shown up to one side of the ogre?
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Post Reply

Return to “The Crystal Globe”