[Kulan PbP] Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign OOC Thread

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: [Kulan PbP] Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign OOC Thread

Postby willpell » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:46 pm

Knightfall wrote:
willpell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Make a list of all the stuff you want and figure out how much gold you have left after the initial cost of 2,950 gold for the two books and the invisibility potion. You did note in the IC thread how much Relgar has left to spend, but i don't remember the amount off the top of my head.

As far as I recall, I have virtually all of a 5th level character's WBL of 9,000 GP. I can poke around a bit and try to figure out whether any has already been spent, but my ability to find stuff in long, sprawling threads is historically terrible.

You posted in the In Character thread as part of that big OOC post you made...

WBL unspent: 7823 GP

Still an immense fortune. Can buy pretty much whatever I want and have plenty left over.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:52 am

Dennis and David,

Let me know if either of you want me to roll any skill checks for your PCs as you move through the Rising Swords hideout.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:06 pm

Initiative Roll: 1d20+3=21 :o

Initiative (Round One)
Snake: 21
Relgar: 10
Last edited by Knightfall on Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Is that die roller something I can use? If not, suggestions?
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:31 am

willpell wrote:Is that die roller something I can use? If not, suggestions?

I'm sure dulsi wouldn't mind if you use it. COre COliseum is his (co-)creation. It's mainly a battle map generator, which I've tried to figure out. You'll have to create a username and a password for it, if you want to use the dice roller. It's my go to dice roller for my online games. If oyu look under the Dice Sessions, you'll see that I'm the main person using it right now.

If you want to use something else, go ahead. There are lots of options out there. Invisible Castle was what I used to use, but it looks like it is gone now. There is Roll20, as well. It's very popular, so I can't say how fast it is compared to COCO.

If you want, I can just roll for you using it. I do a lot of the rolling for my online games.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Initiative roll for Relgar: 1d20+2=10
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:25 am

Relgar gains 500 XP for the constrictor snake.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Cool. Just FYI, the Tiny Hut doesn't have a "door"; anyone inside it can pass out through the wall (though I suspected the snake wouldn't be able to assume this unless it was panicked enough not to care about the wall's seeming solidity). I think anyone outside can also pass in; it keeps out environmental conditions and possibly missiles, but that's about it. Mostly it just obscures visibility of those within, giving them concealment and letting them do a bit of planning in privacy and the like
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:37 pm

willpell wrote:Cool. Just FYI, the Tiny Hut doesn't have a "door"; anyone inside it can pass out through the wall (though I suspected the snake wouldn't be able to assume this unless it was panicked enough not to care about the wall's seeming solidity). I think anyone outside can also pass in; it keeps out environmental conditions and possibly missiles, but that's about it. Mostly it just obscures visibility of those within, giving them concealment and letting them do a bit of planning in privacy and the like

Well, I'm going to assume the snake finds another hole in the ground and escapes to the outside that way.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Whatever works.

And in response to your OOC in the IC thread, I'm aware that no morale system exists, I was suggesting that you could innovate one. Or at least hand-wave the effects thereof, even if not in any consistent fashion. Basically, I don't see Relgar as the type to kill enemies, especially not natural ones, unless it's absolutely necessary; therefore, I'd like it if you could be in the habit of having enemies flee in defeat rather than fighting to the death, unless the latter is extremely in-character for them (in which case Relgar gets to dramatize a bit about the necessity to snuff out a life, however odious - but just a bit, he's not really that type either).
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:22 pm

willpell wrote:Whatever works.

And in response to your OOC in the IC thread, I'm aware that no morale system exists, I was suggesting that you could innovate one. Or at least hand-wave the effects thereof, even if not in any consistent fashion. Basically, I don't see Relgar as the type to kill enemies, especially not natural ones, unless it's absolutely necessary; therefore, I'd like it if you could be in the habit of having enemies flee in defeat rather than fighting to the death, unless the latter is extremely in-character for them (in which case Relgar gets to dramatize a bit about the necessity to snuff out a life, however odious - but just a bit, he's not really that type either).

There will be characters and creatures that run away. However, when dealing with extremists, expect them to fight to the death. Villains with a great deal of self-interest will run away, but you might have to face them again.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:03 am

Sounds good. Later.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:31 am

David and Dennis,

You can expect a major reply sometime tomorrow; you're next in my PbP queue. :)
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:42 pm

willpell, are you going to use any magic on the ring or just casually inspect it?
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:45 pm

David and Dennis,

With the information you've gained from the Quartermaster, how do you want to proceed in the search for Phelix Del Cannitha?
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:58 pm

Knightfall wrote:willpell, are you going to use any magic on the ring or just casually inspect it?

Right now I'm looking for visible hints what it might do. Given that you have to burn a spell slot (even if only a 0th) in this edition to Detect Magic, and I don't even recall if I have it prepared, I probably won't bother unless the thing is covered in runes and whatnot, indicating that it clearly must be magic - but leaving open the possibility that it's cursed or something.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:04 am

willpell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:willpell, are you going to use any magic on the ring or just casually inspect it?

Right now I'm looking for visible hints what it might do. Given that you have to burn a spell slot (even if only a 0th) in this edition to Detect Magic, and I don't even recall if I have it prepared, I probably won't bother unless the thing is covered in runes and whatnot, indicating that it clearly must be magic - but leaving open the possibility that it's cursed or something.

It doesn't have any runes or anything else on it that makes it appear magical.

I'm going to write up a new post for you.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:37 pm

Given the new problem, Relgar pockets the ring for later inspection. The odds of it happening to be a Ring of Invisibility right when he can use one are poor; the odds that it would not be cursed to bring him to the attention of a malevolent ethereal spirit-tyrant are still worse. No sense in risking it at the moment.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:00 pm

willpell wrote:Given the new problem, Relgar pockets the ring for later inspection. The odds of it happening to be a Ring of Invisibility right when he can use one are poor; the odds that it would not be cursed to bring him to the attention of a malevolent ethereal spirit-tyrant are still worse. No sense in risking it at the moment.

Did you get my PM?
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:09 pm

I did.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:05 am

willpell wrote:I did.

okay, so Relgar was spotted by the guards and will be taken into custody unless you want to roleplay the encounter with the guards. If not, the next scene I post will be in the city's Palace in the Old City district. I'm still waiting for Gralf's player to confirm with me he's still going to continue in the game, but I'm not sure if he's seen the PM I sent him. (It's possible he hasn't seen it.) Even without his confirmation, I might go ahead with that next scene and write with the idea that he may or may not be in the room.

The scene will be that Relgar is in the room unchained but under guard (x2) and that there is a member of the Wizard Council there as well to help explain why Relgar was in the district past the set curfew. There will also be a cleric there (the new NPC cleric to act as a healer for the PCs). There will also be a government official who is waiting for everyone to arrive.

dulsi will decide if Gralf is there or not. Pekko is not there. Thistle is not there. And the captain who was working with Terger and Gralf isn't there either.

David (dfryer36) will decide how Terger enters the room. He isn't there to start.

It has been two days since the original group of PCs met Rande at the Winsome Heart.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:13 am

Okay, it happened really fast. :P
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Knightfall wrote:
willpell wrote:I did.

okay, so Relgar was spotted by the guards and will be taken into custody unless you want to roleplay the encounter with the guards.

I always favor more roleplaying, unless it's a waste of your time and energy. You can assume that my harebrained owl scheme didn't succeed; it just seemed like the thing I would have done to attempt to avoid these Plot Rails which Relgar didn't know he was on.

The scene will be that Relgar is in the room unchained but under guard (x2) and that there is a member of the Wizard Council there as well to help explain why Relgar was in the district past the set curfew. There will also be a cleric there (the new NPC cleric to act as a healer for the PCs). There will also be a government official who is waiting for everyone to arrive.

I will be roleplaying a very Chaotic attitude that is only semi-in-character for Relgar (partly based on my own attitudes, partly a cover story that he's overcompensating with to try and disguise his actual reasons for being there).
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:53 pm

I've decided that Gralf is not in the room.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Magnus the Trapmaster

Postby Knightfall » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:02 am

Magnus the Trapmaster is an infamous villain that is wanted from the Kingdom of Novarum (in the north) to the city-state of Barcino in the southern lands. While the reward for his arrest varies from kingdom to kingdom and city-state to city-state, he is one of the most wanted men in the Northwest. His title as Trapmaster is no joke or exaggeration. He's killed more people with traps than any other known human on the continent. It is rumored that he studied how to make traps with a clan of vicious kobolds that once lived in Red Mountains. He has a hatred for humanity and prefers to work with evil humanoids such as gnolls, orcs, and worse.

His most infamous act took place in the forest city known as Ashfall. Magnus used his mastery of traps to set off a chain reaction that destroyed half the city. In the process, he enraged an old red dragon that laired in a dormant volcano. The dragon went on a rampage through the region before it was brought down by a group of adventurers (of who half died in the process). Magnus managed to get into the dragon's lair, steal the best treasure, and booby trap the rest of the lair against intrusion by adventurers. Many have died trying to get the remainder of the treasure in that lair.

He's killed kings and merchants with poisonous traps and deadly roadside explosions. He is believed to be a master of gunpowder and he once set off an explosion in the coastal city of Orra that burned down half the docks and set fire to the water using a strange oil that comes from somewhere far to the west of the Sea of Ishamark.

The reward for him in Bluffside is 300,000 gold. It would be higher but The Five don't want to bankrupt the city. The reward for his capture is four times that in Novarum. The reward in the city of Ashfall is beyond compare. If someone was to bring him to the city alive, they could claim kingship over the city and its vassal communities. Bringing him in dead would be rewarded with a knighthood.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

PreviousNext

Return to The Crystal Globe