[D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [OOC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: Magnus the Trapmaster

Postby willpell » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Knightfall wrote:His most infamous act took place in the forest city known as Ashfall. Magnus used his mastery of traps to set off a chain reaction that destroyed half the city. In the process, he enraged an old red dragon that laired in a dormant volcano. The dragon went on a rampage through the region before it was brought down by a group of adventurers (of who half died in the process). Magnus managed to get into the dragon's lair, steal the best treasure, and booby trap the rest of the lair against intrusion by adventurers. Many have died trying to get the remainder of the treasure in that lair.

If Relgar hears that story IC, in these exact words, he will immediately wonder if there is some metaphysical significance to those three "halves". Perhaps such synchrony is the work of Fate, and could be exploited by someone with the proper understanding. Not that he's especially interested in bounty hunting, or in ruling a city for that matter. (The title of Ashfall would be very desirable as an incentive to me OOC, but not to this character.)
willpell
White Dragon

Ostracism in Bluffside

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:26 am

willpell wrote:(Does Relgar know anything about this "ostracism" business? I don't know if it's relevant or just background color, but OOC I'm curious.)

Yes, he knows it well. Many a mage who got to swelled a head (or became to popular), has been forced to leave the city. Others in the city have been ostracized as well whenever they become overly popular. None of The Five have ever had to face it, but they could with enough of the popular vote of the people. It's never been close and many believe it's rigged.

For know, it's mainly background color, but it could come into play as the campaign progresses.
Last edited by Knightfall on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Re: Magnus the Trapmaster

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:28 am

willpell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:His most infamous act took place in the forest city known as Ashfall. Magnus used his mastery of traps to set off a chain reaction that destroyed half the city. In the process, he enraged an old red dragon that laired in a dormant volcano. The dragon went on a rampage through the region before it was brought down by a group of adventurers (of who half died in the process). Magnus managed to get into the dragon's lair, steal the best treasure, and booby trap the rest of the lair against intrusion by adventurers. Many have died trying to get the remainder of the treasure in that lair.

If Relgar hears that story IC, in these exact words, he will immediately wonder if there is some metaphysical significance to those three "halves". Perhaps such synchrony is the work of Fate, and could be exploited by someone with the proper understanding. Not that he's especially interested in bounty hunting, or in ruling a city for that matter. (The title of Ashfall would be very desirable as an incentive to me OOC, but not to this character.)

The idea of the Rule of Three is a big deal in Kulan's Cosmology, which is a variant of the standard Great Wheel. So, there could definitely be a trireme of sorts.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Re: [Kulan PbP] Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign OOC Thread

Postby Knightfall » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:43 am

Replies either tomorrow or Wednesday.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:17 pm

BTW David, how would you pronounce Terger's last name?
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:38 am

I'll post an re-introduction for Custodio sometime tomorrow.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:06 am

Letting you guys know that I'm dealing with a really bad sinus infection. Went to the doctor today and he gave me a 10-day regimen of antibiotics. My posts will be less frequent until I'm feeling better.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:27 am

Was going to try to write and post something tonight, but I'm still feeling wiped out. Maybe tomorrow. :|

:arrow: Time for bed.... very, very soon.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:04 am

My next reply is almost done. It will go up tomorrow (Tuesday).
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:49 am

Waiting for you guys...
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:53 am

Sorry, had a death in the family and haven't really been thinking about the game. I'll post something tomorrow at the latest.
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:17 am

dfryer36 wrote:Sorry, had a death in the family and haven't really been thinking about the game. I'll post something tomorrow at the latest.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Do not worry about it. Take care of your family. The game can wait.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:41 pm

I have largely shifted my interests out of D&D toward other RPGs (specifically Werewolf: the Apocalypse, the most D&D-like of the White Wolf games, and it will probably shift into the rest of them before it comes back toward D&D in a big way). Given that the game is barely coming along, I won't withdraw and outright kill it, but my participation is likely to be a tad absent-minded. Thankfully, this is entirely in-character.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 am

willpell wrote:I have largely shifted my interests out of D&D toward other RPGs (specifically Werewolf: the Apocalypse, the most D&D-like of the White Wolf games, and it will probably shift into the rest of them before it comes back toward D&D in a big way). Given that the game is barely coming along, I won't withdraw and outright kill it, but my participation is likely to be a tad absent-minded. Thankfully, this is entirely in-character.

We could always have your PC fade into the background and just be a supporting character from time to time. It's up to you.

I've been thinking of trying to recruit someone new for the game, but it might not be possible at this point. If I don't get anyone, it will become David's game to play with a supporting cast of NPCs. With his current situation, it likely to crawl along unless I can get someone else interested in keeping it moving forward.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:10 am

Knightfall wrote:We could always have your PC fade into the background and just be a supporting character from time to time. It's up to you.

Sounds good. Lemme know if Terger needs a wizard's assistance.

I've been thinking of trying to recruit someone new for the game, but it might not be possible at this point. If I don't get anyone, it will become David's game to play with a supporting cast of NPCs. With his current situation, it likely to crawl along unless I can get someone else interested in keeping it moving forward.

This is what happens when the hobby refuses to pay us to keep it going. :)
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:13 am

Maybe a brief hiatus might be in order. We could break until after New Years and then come back to it?
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:07 am

If you think that's best.
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:33 am

dfryer36 wrote:Sorry, had a death in the family and haven't really been thinking about the game. I'll post something tomorrow at the latest.

Sorry to hear of your loss David. ;(

Knightfall wrote:I've been thinking of trying to recruit someone new for the game, but it might not be possible at this point. If I don't get anyone, it will become David's game to play with a supporting cast of NPCs. With his current situation, it likely to crawl along unless I can get someone else interested in keeping it moving forward.

If you do decide to try to recruit another player, give me a ping if you would like a bit of signal boost.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Knightfall » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Bump!
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Knightfall wrote:Bump!

Ba-dum-tish!
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:12 pm

willpell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Bump!

Ba-dum-tish!

Hey willpell,

I'm planning on getting this game going again. One of my players from my 2E game (Tellerian Hawke) has decided that he's only up for playing 3E, so I offered to let him join the Bluffside game. We would be continuing right from where we left off, but I'll shoehorn his new PC into the situation, somehow.

You still interested?
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby willpell » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Sure, I got time again.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:43 pm

willpell wrote:Sure, I got time again.

Cool. Working out TH's character. He's going to be a hobgoblin warmage. Should be interesting. :P
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:28 am

BTW, willpell, the new PC is coming in at 6th level, so you can advance Relgar to 6th-level too.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

PreviousNext

Return to The Crystal Globe