[Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [OOC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby Knightfall » Wed May 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Next post will be for the main group. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: Was going to write up a reply and post it this morning. However, some work ended up being done on the drywall in my apartment. And it's been painted too. So, the smell will put me out of the apartment until at least late afternoon.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Fri May 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Okay, a major new post is up. Note the bonus gear given to each character (except Rhodes).
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Tue May 30, 2017 4:47 pm

I took some time off from posting to let my hip pain settle down. It's a lot better today, so I'm going to try to get at least one done today.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed May 31, 2017 1:00 am

Knightfall wrote:I took some time off from posting to let my hip pain settle down. It's a lot better today, so I'm going to try to get at least one done today.
I'm glad you're feeling better.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Wed May 31, 2017 7:43 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Knightfall wrote:I took some time off from posting to let my hip pain settle down. It's a lot better today, so I'm going to try to get at least one done today.
I'm glad you're feeling better.

It likely won't get done tomorrow. It's going to be boiling hot and I'll be heading to the mall for air conditioning and a movie. :P
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed May 31, 2017 7:50 am

Take your time. You come first, the game comes much later.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:07 am

New combatants enter the fray...

Sem La Vah Battle: Initiative Order (Round Three)
Denitiian (Elite Commander): 1d20+5=24 (comes into view on the other side of the gorge, begins his movment 90 feet from Thistle, double moves 60 feet towards Thistle)
Thistle: 22
Dark Reptilian [x2]: 19 (one fighting Thistle hand to hand, the other is preparing to throw a chakram)
Diggers Headman: 16 (fleeing, now 70 feet from Thistle, on the other side of the bridge)
Tinna: 1d20+2=14 (comes into view on the other side of the gorge, 80 feet from Thistle)
Commander Oakfirst: 12 (readied action, two weapon fighting, fighting defensively [-4 attack, +2 AC])
Dark Reptilian [x3]: 11 (flying 10 ft. from Oakfirst, preparing to throw chakrams)
Other Guard: 1d20+2=7 (comes into view on the other side of the gorge, 80 feet from Thistle)
Other Diggers [x6]: 4 (withdrawing across the bridge, now 50 ft. away from Thistle)
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:19 am

Next post will be for the main group. Maybe tomorrow.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Sitting down to try to right the next update. The chronic pain in my hip is a little better, but I wicked headache right now. ( :( :facepalm: ) Trying to get this down today since tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be boiling hot. I do have something else to do tonight (maybe), so if it doesn't go up in the next few hours, it likely won't go up until tomorrow.

Later,

Rob
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 am

New post is finally up.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby willpell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:25 pm

I have two theories as to how Relgar could deal with this current situation. One, he could cast Detect Thoughts and probe the mind of this guard, seeing whether she's just being paranoid as is her job, or if she's actually some sort of plant. If use of Detect Thoughts on nonconsenting persons is considered a gross interpersonal violation that can get you jailed for trying it, my other plan is to have him use his five ranks of Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering to examine the tower facilities, and if he can spot something that looks like it's not up to code, or is some sort of serious security risk in a way that the guards might have not thought about, he could pedantically lecture them on this topic and possibly get them to back down in that way, or at least give Rhodes more ammo to use in intimidating her back to her station.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:12 am

willpell wrote:I have two theories as to how Relgar could deal with this current situation. One, he could cast Detect Thoughts and probe the mind of this guard, seeing whether she's just being paranoid as is her job, or if she's actually some sort of plant. If use of Detect Thoughts on nonconsenting persons is considered a gross interpersonal violation that can get you jailed for trying it, my other plan is to have him use his five ranks of Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering to examine the tower facilities, and if he can spot something that looks like it's not up to code, or is some sort of serious security risk in a way that the guards might have not thought about, he could pedantically lecture them on this topic and possibly get them to back down in that way, or at least give Rhodes more ammo to use in intimidating her back to her station.

Using detect thoughts on a guard could get Relgar into trouble, if he is detected. The spell doesn't really say what happens if a Will save is successful against the spell, but I tend to assume for mind-affecting spells that the target would be aware if the save is successful. If it fails, they don't have any idea.

And note that the spell is a 60-foot cone-shaped emanation and requires verbal, somatic, and focus components. If Relgar can't cast it clandestinely, the guards are going to notice. There is an option to use Sleight of Hand to conceal your casting, as per the Sleight of Hand skill section in Races of Stone, p. 133.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby willpell » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Okay, if it's even somewhat likely to be a source of trouble, he'll stay away. Please give me a K:Architecture roll (my sheet says +5 modifier, but it's at least one higher than that since my INTMOD is +5 and Knowledges aren't usable without at least one skill rank; it might be as much as +10 if that +5 was my ranks, which seems likely). If I get what you deem to be an adequate result on the roll, please invent some structural fault or code violation in the guardpost that the autistic wizard can simply point out. Terger and Rhodes and Custodio will all be more capable than me of parlaying that information into a dressing-down of the guard.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:43 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:Take your time. You come first, the game comes much later.

Your last in character post says Thistle is going to run towards the diggers. She takes an AoO...

Single claw attack (AoO): 1d20+7=18 (miss)

Also, is she just going to run her full movement or take a shot at the other dark reptilian as she passes him?
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:50 am

Sem La Vah Battle: Initiative Order (Round Four)
Denitiian (Elite Commander): 1d20+5=24 (standing next to Thistle)
Dark Reptilian [x2]: 19 (one charged Denitiian last round, the other missed Thistle with his chakram [30 feet away, towards Oakfirst])
Diggers Headman: 16 (fighting the other guard)
Tinna: 1d20+2=14 (helping the diggers)
Commander Oakfirst: 12 (readied action, two weapon fighting, fighting defensively [-4 attack, +2 AC])
Dark Reptilian [x2]: 11 (flying 10 ft. from Oakfirst)
Dark Reptilian: 11 (flying towards Thistle and the diggers, 90 feet from Thistle)
Other Guard: 1d20+2=7 (fighting digger headman, 80 feet from Thistle)
Other Diggers [x6]: 4 (with Tinna, now 60 feet away from Thistle)
Last edited by Knightfall on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:32 am

willpell wrote:Okay, if it's even somewhat likely to be a source of trouble, he'll stay away. Please give me a K:Architecture roll (my sheet says +5 modifier, but it's at least one higher than that since my INTMOD is +5 and Knowledges aren't usable without at least one skill rank; it might be as much as +10 if that +5 was my ranks, which seems likely). If I get what you deem to be an adequate result on the roll, please invent some structural fault or code violation in the guardpost that the autistic wizard can simply point out. Terger and Rhodes and Custodio will all be more capable than me of parlaying that information into a dressing-down of the guard.

Okay, i added up the total number under your skills and it adds up exactly to 77 skill points, so what you've listed there are only ranks. Here is what they should be with Attribute bonuses and skill synergies...

Level 6 Skills (77 skill points, all spent in-class): Balance +7, Concentration +9, Craft +5 (untrained), Decipher Script +14, Disable Device +10, Knowledge: Arcana+14, Knowledge: Architecture & Engineering +10, Move Silently +10, Perform (speed drawing) +1, Profession (draftsman) +6, Search +9, Spellcraft+10 (includes synergy from Knowledge [arcana]), Sleight of Hand +7, Spot +10. Other Synergies: Search +11 (involving secret doors and other compartments), Use Magic Device +2 (involving scrolls, untrained)

So, that is indeed a +10 for Knowledge (architecture and engineering): 1d20+10=13

With that roll, Relgar doesn't garner much from looking at the structure. It doesn't appear to be in disrepair and nothing seems out of the ordinary structurally. He could nitpick about some of the vines clinging to the stonework but none of it looks like it is damaging the building. In fact, there are so much foliage near the base of the building that he can't really see the foundation properly.

He could try to invent a problem in his mind's eye but it would be a bluff for sure. These guards likely know every inch of the house. The is one window with a broken shutter that isn't 100% secure, but using it as a distraction would be a stretch. One thing of note, however, are the banners hanging from the top of the two towers. There is something, odd, about the placement of them. Something that makes Relgar think death or possibly mourning.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:35 am

Next post will be for round four of Thistle's fight.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:40 am

Angel, I don't see you on Facebook, so I'm going to point this out here...

You want to use Thistle's ability to detect evil, but it is a 60-ft. cone-shaped emanation and Thistle is 80 feet away from headman of the diggers.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:58 am

Sem La Vah Battle: Initiative Order (Round Five)
Denitiian: 1d20+5=24 (fighting two dark reptilians, 20 feet from Thistle on the bridge [towards the ruins])
Dark Reptilian [x2]: 19 (attacking Denitiian [one with claws, one with club])
Diggers Headman: 16 (fighting guard [and losing], 60 feet from Thistle [towards the Temple District])
Tinna: 1d20+2=14 (fired crossbow at headman last round, staying near diggers)
Commander Oakfirst: 12 (two weapon fighting, killed one of the dark reptilians last round)
Dark Reptilian: 11 (fighting Oakfirst)
Dark Reptilian: 11 (flying towards Denitiian and Thistle, 60 feet from Thistle, 40 feet from Denitiian)
Other Guard: 1d20+2=7 (fighting digger headman, 60 feet from Thistle)
Other Diggers [x6]: 4 (with Tinna, now 60 feet away from Thistle)
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:52 am

Tough pain day for me today. I'll try to get a post up for the main group tomorrow.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:48 am

Post is finally up. Sorry it took so long. We had a dangerous heat warning here in Edmonton last week. Today is the first day which has been bearable. Note that the rest of the week until Sunday is going to be very hot here in Edmonton, as well. Plus, the 18th is my birthday.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: [Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby Knightfall » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:14 am

Will hopefully have another update posted by Monday.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:13 am

My latest reply for one of my other Kulan games just went up today. It took me a bit longer to get finished. you guys are up next for an update.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:12 am

New post is up! :D
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby willpell » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Knightfall wrote:New post is up! :D

Congratulations on your new title, Excellency. :mrgreen:
willpell
White Dragon

PreviousNext

Return to The Crystal Globe