[Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [OOC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: [Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Post by Knightfall » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:37 pm

willpell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:New post is up! :D
Congratulations on your new title, Excellency. :mrgreen:
Thank you! :twisted:
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Angel, are you still following this game? You haven't posted in a while.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:08 pm

New post is up.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 pm

The Orders of wizard that are being talked about...is that just an in-game description of caster level?

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:29 pm

willpell wrote:The Orders of wizard that are being talked about...is that just an in-game description of caster level?
Exactly that.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Knightfall wrote:
willpell wrote:The Orders of wizard that are being talked about...is that just an in-game description of caster level?
Exactly that.
I've had the idea that there should be some degree of in-setting description of the relative levels of mage power, but I personally think that making it exactly 1 to 1 is a little too much fourth-wall breaking IMO. In my Whiteleaf setting, the farthest I went with it was to say that the highly formalized Druidic Order divided casters into about eight total "degrees" of power, based loosely on the power level of spells they had access to (probably not clearly distinguishing between 8th and 9th, and possibly also conflating 6th and 7th while arbitrarily distinguishing between apprentices who can generally only cast 0th-level spells and journeymen who had regular access to 1sts). Ironically, I think the wizards and clerics probably have an even more confused system, because they get tripped up on details that don't actually affect the game, and aren't able to agree on a classification system more specific than "low, medium, high" or thereabouts.

Just thinking aloud, don't mind me....

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Feeling really sick. Updates will have to wait for now.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:54 am

While I'm still not 100% healthy, my goal for this week is to start writing updates again. {Finger's Crossed}
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:02 am

FYI, the next few days are going to be really busy for me. After that, I'll try to get you guys another update.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 pm

No hurry on my account. My life has gotten busy enough that I'm barely following along; one post a week would be plenty for me.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 am

It's been a tough couple of weeks. Physio helped a little, but I've also been feeling a bit burnt out emotionally. One of my cousins had been in Vegas. He and his wife are okay, but what they went through traumatized them and their families and the emotional event has trickled over into my immediate family. My mom was very upset when she heard about it and when she told me, it affected me a lot more than I thought it would. (My cousin and I are not close; I haven't seen him in over three decades [at least].) I can't imagine how I'd feel if he or his wife had died. :(

Plus, a friend of mine that I just got back in contact with lost his father several weeks ago, so I've been very concerned about his well being. We've talked on the phone a few times, but I haven't seen him yet. I'm trying to give him the time and space he needs to handle his emotions and the emotions of his mother and brother.

Add to that my sister's birthday last week and Canadian Thanksgiving and, well, it's been a long couple of weeks. (I'll have a lot to speak to my therapist about the next time I see her.) We were supposed to have my dad over for supper last week, but I wasn't feeling up for it emotionally or physically. We're going to go to dinner with him tomorrow night (Sunday). It's always good to spend time with him.

So, I'm not sure when I'll feel up to writing replies again. It likely won't happen this weekend. Cheers! :)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:26 am

Yeah, I think we can probably call this campaign dead. I wish I could continue to play, but it just isn't possible with my schedule where it is.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:05 am

FYI, I haven't forgotten about you guys. I'm simply concentrating on one game over on EN World and only posting once a week. If I move up to running two games at once, you guys get first crack at deciding on whether or not this game will continue. I would like to finish the Phelix storyline, but if you guys aren't up for it, I'll let it go. :(
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Restart Next Week

Post by Knightfall » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:15 pm

So, this game will restart next week. (Likely later in the week.) The game will require only one post per week from you guys, which is what I prefer. I will try to reply once a week but with the Crow God game already underway on EN World, replies might end up being posted ever 1-1/2 weeks. I will try to post once a week, but I must post replies based on what I can handle. Once my Realmsian Dragonstar game gets gong again, as well, posts will definitely be added on a 1-1/2 week (or maybe 2 week) schedule.

Both Angel and MacConnell are bowing out of the game. Thistle's character will be making a semi-permanent exit from the game. If the character ever returns it will be as an NPC only and not as one that works with the PCs. Tellerian Hawke has agreed to take over MacConnell's PC Thersean in the short term, so I won't have to write the character out of the game right away. He may or may not continue to play both Big Tim and Thersean permanently; I've left it up to him to decide with what's he's comfortable. With the exist of Thistle, there are no more PCs left from the original party.

The list of NPCs is coming along nicely. It will get posted either this weekend or early next week. I will also post a list of the current PCs, as well as a list of past PCs. This is mainly for my own reference, but you guys will likely find it useful as well. The NPC list is quite long, so I'll likely break it up into several posts. Once the list is completed and posted, I will begin working on my first reply for the restart. If you guys need a summary of where you're characters are at, I can do that too.

Cheers!

KF
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:11 am

Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:32 am

Cast of NPCs star in this post: viewtopic.php?p=208580#p208580

Note that there will also be a list of NPCs that have died and a list of NPCs that were mentioned but not encountered.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Arcana check since Relgar doesn't have Knowledge (the planes

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Relgar's Knowledge (arcana) check: 1d20+9=29 (29 is considered a 39 on a Natural 20 :!: :!: :!: )
Hidden Text: Okay willpell, so Relgar pretty much learn everything that the group is going to need to know. You also get a Decipher Script check: 1d20+9+2=26. First, Relgar knows that the second language is Brelish (the language of Sharn). It's a flash of insight based on what he sees. He's also 100% certain that it is safe for him to study the arcane writings on the walls. The sigils and planar symbology on wall with the overwhelming aura is a map of the cosmos. It has been dug into the stone and outlined in a multitude of chalk colors representing ethics and morality. It shows the double wheel of Kulan's Mirrored Cosmology. The emphasis seems to be on the more esoteric planes that aren't well known such as the Burning Shadows of Kin-Li’in, Crystal Roads of Deluer, and the Ten Courts of Hell. There is a strong emphasis on the Descendant planes, which makes the cosmological chart quite unsettling. The Far Realm, for example, is noted with an awful sigil that Relgar has only seen once in an old tome that he wished he'd never read.

More important than that are the connections that are drawn from the diagrams towards the blank wall that is parallel with the wall of Old City. There are more hidden sigils (an optical illusion) on that walls that have not been outlined, but if Relgar stands at the apex of where the center of the cosmos would be in the room, he can see instructions to a planar portal that leads to, well, it could be anywhere. There is an obvious outline that shows three key locales that could be accessed, but Relgar is sure that portal's entrance isn't access from this room. More than likely it is hidden somewhere else, nearby. The diagrams and writing point towards Old City and the Gardens. Phelix has note about the interior and exterior walls of the district around the Gardens. A key notation marks the outside of this tower as one possible location while another is in the Temple Hall of the Golden Lantern, which is why the trap was likely set there to keep others from finding anything useful. Phelix notes that he had the illusion placed in the tower to befuddle anyone who tried to enter but that he had someone else cast it for him -- an expat of the House of Illusion who was banished from the city (but he doesn't note the man's name).

As he moves through the room, he finds key notations that refer to the writings on the floors above. Details about The Winsome Heart and its under-cellars (an arcane Sharnite laboratory that had been lost to time), as well as the dungeon complex that he discovered under the old house he used as his hideout. He talks about creating a fake sick wife to help shield the building from scrutiny and hiring several mercenaries to guard it. There is a note about the Rising Swords and foiling their attempts to uncover the location of Phelix's hidden enclave, which Relgar learns can only be accessed through the portal. Relgar knows that if they find the portal, he'll be able to access it with the right portal key. However, there is no where in all the scrawlings where Phelix says specifically what the portal key is supposed to be to acces the enclave. He does mention portal keys for Kin-Li’in, Deluer, and the Ten Courts, as well as surmising what might be required to open a portal to the Far Realms.

There is also a lot of details about his life in Sharn including being kicked out of his Dragonmarked House and who he blames and his inane missives on getting revenge on just everyone in the House. There is also a notation that it might be possible to link the portal with the machine under The Winsome Heart to either 'open a portal to Sharn or send the city to its doom in that otherworldly hell'. He mentions conquering Bluffside with an army of devils or just unleashing the denizens of the three prime targets on Bluffside and The Five. Relgar feels that these are half-mad ramblings, but if Phelix has been studying the Far Realms its not surprising the man might be insane.

I'll add more details in another post here and feel free to ask questions about anything I'm mentioned.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:41 am

Added a post in the Campaign Guide for those NPCs Mentioned but not encountered, yet. EDIT: Added a second post right after for "The Dead."
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 am

Second IC post added. That's it for me until next Monday or Tuesday, but i will be around to answer questions in the OOC thread.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:49 am

My next post likely won't be until Sunday or Tuesday.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 am

New reply is up.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 pm

FYI, I'm going to wait for at least one more post before I start working on a reply. Regardless, it likely won't be until Thursday or Friday.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:11 pm

So, I'm going to try to get a reply up today. However, I do have family plans later in the day. If it doesn't get up today, it will be tomorrow after the NHL Trade Deadline coverage is over.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:36 am

New post is up.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “The Crystal Globe”