[D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [IC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

[D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [IC]

Postby Knightfall » Sun May 26, 2013 12:18 am

Bluffside. The City on the Edge. In the western lands of Kanpur, Bluffside sits at the center of the Northwest and some would say the center of the western world. Of course, the kingdoms of old to the north challenge this claim on a regular basis. As an independent city-state not beholden to its neighbors, Bluffside is a booming community known for its adamantine mines and diversity of races. Humans, gnomes, half-elves, dwarves, halflings, and half-orcs rub shoulder to shoulder with more exotic races such as nevaequarlani (or the nevae), rakastas, sel'varahn, and sixam ieuna.

The city is ruled by the Five, a confederation of archaeology-driven noble families. The Five Houses are Blander, Hollingsworth, Pomander, Varian, and Wellington. There is also a powerful Wizard Council that acts as the voice of the Wizard District. And there is the Adamantine Security Council (or ASC) -- charged with the protection of the adamantine in the Mining District.

You, however, have little concern with the power that these groups hold. You have just begun your adventuring career in Bluffside, although you have had numerous trials already in your young life. But, now, an opportunity has come your way. A trusted friend has passed on to you a message that a new inn that is soon to open in the New City district is in need of adventurers to help clear out an old maze-like cellar so that construction can be completed.

The note reads:

I have heard from your friend that you wish to make a name for yourself in the city. Well, I have a problem that requires immediate assistance. My new venture, The Winsome Heart, is close to being completed, but there is a problem. The complex of cellars that sit under the building are infested with beasts that are beyond my means to eradicate. I have lost several workers and nearly a month of time to these dangerous pests. Your friend assures me that you should be able to help with my problem.

As compensation, I can award you 25 gp for your efforts and free lodging for a month if you can rid the cellars of the beasts in a timely manner. I hope to open within a week. You won't be alone in this regard, as I have contacted several other adventurers. I cannot promise that all will come, but you should be able to count on at least three or more compatriots.

Please come as soon as possible. Directions to The Winsome Heart are enclosed.

Rande Mateû

Last edited by Knightfall on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Re: [Kulan PbP] Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign

Postby dfryer36 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:49 am

Ayse frowned as she re-read the note. The message was disturbing. Too much information was missing and a bodyguard, even one who now worked as a freelance adventurer, lived and died by information. Why would Carella have talked to this Rande about her? What were the creatures he needed killed? If it was simply a vermin infestation why not go to the watch or the exterminator's guild? Before she commited to anything she wanted to know more. Stuffing the note in her pocket she walked into The Randy Unicorn a run down tavern near Bluffside's docks. She slid into her usual spot, a seat at the end of the bar where she could see the comings and goings of everyone there. She leaned in close and caught the attention of the bartender, Riclamin. Sliding two silver pieces across the bar she quietly asked "What can you tell me about Rande Mateu?"

Gather Information check 18+1+2=21
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun May 26, 2013 6:49 am

Thistle, fully equipped ready to leave the temple of Arn, grabs her robe and slips it over her armor. She leaves the temple and makes her way to the Winsome Heart with haste, eager to get there and complete this quest.
Angel R. Tarragon (aka A.R.T.)
Blog / DeviantArt / Facebook / Google+ / Letterboxd / Twitter / YouTube / See More
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby hihama » Sun May 26, 2013 6:57 am

Pekko reads the note Gentleman Jim gave him. He is immediately curios about the mission and decides to go. Before leaving, however, he prays for a few minutes asking Ahto's blessing. After that he collects his belongings and tells Osma Rautiainen about the mission and where he is going. Then he starts towards Bluffside.
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Knightfall » Sun May 26, 2013 8:03 pm

dfryer36 wrote:Ayse frowned as she re-read the note. The message was disturbing. Too much information was missing and a bodyguard, even one who now worked as a freelance adventurer, lived and died by information. Why would Carella have talked to this Rande about her? What were the creatures he needed killed? If it was simply a vermin infestation why not go to the watch or the exterminator's guild? Before she commited to anything she wanted to know more. Stuffing the note in her pocket she walked into The Randy Unicorn a run down tavern near Bluffside's docks. She slid into her usual spot, a seat at the end of the bar where she could see the comings and goings of everyone there. She leaned in close and caught the attention of the bartender, Riclamin. Sliding two silver pieces across the bar she quietly asked "What can you tell me about Rande Mateu?"

Gather Information check 18+1+2=21

"Ayse, how are you today, my dear?" Riclamin smiles at her with a touch of a leer in his eyes. "It's been weeks since you've come to the Unicorn. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about us here in Sordadon." Riclamin had yet to even look at the coins on the bar. He used a greasy cloth to wipe out several steins before placing them down behind the bar. The portly gnome hopped along the bench behind the bar to get a bottle of Bitter Wheat Brew, the finest ale he could bring into the Unicorn, from city-state of Barcino. As he came bounding back along the bench, he grabbed two (relatively) clean glasses from the back of the bar. He popped open the bottle, filled both glasses, and slide one to Ayse. He did not wait for her to drink, gulping down his own drink with eagerness.

"I've heard the name Mateû before, but I don't think I've heard of this Rande fellow." He runs a hand through his greasy, thinning hair, and burps loudly. "The Mateûs are a family of merchants I believe. They're not overtly wealthy, but they do own a number of of buisnesses on the bluff. I don't think I've ever heard of any of them coming down to Sordadon, however. Of course, my memory has faded as I've grown old."

Riclamin taps the bar with a sigh. He smiles expectantly.
Last edited by Knightfall on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun May 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Thistle, fully equipped ready to leave the temple of Arn, grabs her robe and slips it over her armor. She leaves the temple and makes her way to the Winsome Heart with haste, eager to get there and complete this quest.

The directions on the back of the note seem simple enough. The inn stands near a shop called Smith's Smithy -- a well known arms and armor shop. It will take a bit of time to walk there from Temple District, however. Passing through the streets of the Temple District is always a challenge, due to the fissures that divide most of the intersections, but you have become used to it all. You pick a route that you know well and are soon at the Temple Gate. The members of the Bluffside Regulars guarding the gate let you pass without any difficulty; most of the regular gate guards know you since you often travel back and forth to the Military District. You mention that you're going to New city today, and one of the guards, a man named Snyder McGee, tells you to ask for an elf named Shantilayla, who is running the Woodside Gate today. She should be able to get you through without too much fuss.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:38 pm

"Well Ric, I have been busy; Asuras business and all that," Ayse says. She flashes a quick smile and then slips a single gold piece on the bar. "It seems this Rande fellow is opening an establishment in New City and has run into a bit of problems. Wants me to come bail his fat arse out. Know anything about this or has the best information merchant in all of Bluffside finally lost his touch?"
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun May 26, 2013 9:08 pm

hihama wrote:Pekko reads the note Gentleman Jim gave him. He is immediately curios about the mission and decides to go. Before leaving, however, he prays for a few minutes asking Ahto's blessing. After that he collects his belongings and tells Osma Rautiainen about the mission and where he is going. Then he starts towards Bluffside.

Leaving the Temple of Ahto in the Sea District of Sordadon, you head towards the Shipping District making your way through the maze of walkways. It shouldn't cost you too much to make your way over Crater Bay to Cavern Harbor on a barge. In fact, if Mango is available it should only cost you some time and a bit of work. The big, old half-ogre always needs a hand on his runs to the bluff; he's not getting any younger. You spy the old man-beast taking a break -- smoking some pipe-weed. There is a drizzle in the air and a stink of fish and filth intermixes with the sweet smell of of his pipe smoke as you approach.

He stands and slaps you on your shoulder, smiling at you with his crooked teeth and one good eye. "Pekko, my boy, how's my favorite holy man today? You come to lend ol' Mango a hand, eh? I'll be heading to the bluff in 'bout half-an-hour. Just waitin' for my last bit o' cargo. I can take you across if you help steer while I pole my goods across. I even got some fresh bread I can shar with ya. What do you say, lad?"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sun May 26, 2013 9:53 pm

dfryer36 wrote:"Well Ric, I have been busy; Asuras business and all that," Ayse says. She flashes a quick smile and then slips a single gold piece on the bar. "It seems this Rande fellow is opening an establishment in New City and has run into a bit of problems. Wants me to come bail his fat arse out. Know anything about this or has the best information merchant in all of Bluffside finally lost his touch?"

Riclamin pockets the coins and leans over the bar a speaks to you in a slow voice. "So, is this deal with Rande is Asuras business? No, on second thought, don't tell me. Yes, I've heard of the man. He is a fat pig, I'll give you that, but his family is connected into a lot of things. His wifey's money is old. She lets him play with a good stipend every monoth to dabble in lesser businesses." Ric whispers in your ear, "it keeps him out of the way and out of her bedchamber."

He leans back and smiles down at the coins in his hand, jingling them. "From what i hear, his new inn is not going well. The workers dug up something that shouldn't be there. Eight of 'em died, painfully. The families of the dead don't know what happened, yet, and the Mateûs are eager to keep things quiet. Rande will likely pay you a lot of coin to help with his situation. Whatever he's offering you, I'd say you should insist on double or triple that amount."

Ric stops. He looks around the room and then leans in again. "I hear there is deadly magic involved and old burial crypts that the ASC would a major interest in."

He leans back again and say, "That's all I know."
Last edited by Knightfall on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby hihama » Sun May 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Knightfall wrote:He stands and slaps you on your shoulder, smiling at you with his crooked teeth and one good eye. "Pekko, my boy, how's my favorite holy man today? You come to lend ol' Mango a hand, eh? I'll be heading to the bluff in 'bout half-an-hour. Just waitin' for my last bit o' cargo. I can take you across if you help steer while I pole my goods across. I even got some fresh bread I can shar with ya. What do you say, lad?"

Pekko gives a shy smile and sits down hanging his legs over dockside. "It's a deal, Mango. I need to get to the New City District on business. No, nothing that you need to worry."
Pekko is silent for the moment.
"By the way, have you ever heard the name Rande Mateû?"
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Knightfall » Sun May 26, 2013 10:25 pm

hihama wrote:Pekko gives a shy smile and sits down hanging his legs over dockside. "It's a deal, Mango. I need to get to the New City District on business. No, nothing that you need to worry."
Pekko is silent for the moment.
"By the way, have you ever heard the name Rande Mateû?"

"Rande Mateû... it's strange that you'd ask. I've 'mported a few unique types of wood for the man. He's buildin' an inn in New City. I found the man to be fairly honest, although I've only met him once. His manger, Felix, usually handles delivers. Rande is a big man, for a human. Tall, fat, but with a bit of muscle. I caught a couple of his workers checkin' out his daughter when the man wasn't lookin'. A pretty little thing, but if I was a scrawny human, I wouldn't cross him for such a petite little miss. Now, his wife is another matter. I saw her once while makin' a delivery. She'd be worth the risk. She made my blood boil. What a beauty!"

A huge smile spreads across the old half-ogre's face. "As for his business, I can't really say too much. The place will be nice once it's done and the scaffoldin' is taking down. It should have been done ages ago from what Felix told me, but there have been problems. Re-buildin' an old house into an inn is probably a lot of work, so it's not surprisin'. Is that where you're going in New City? If so, say 'ello to Felix for me. He's a great fellow. Knos his smokes.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby hihama » Sun May 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Knightfall wrote:A huge smile spreads across the old half-ogre's face. "As for his business, I can't really say too much. The place will be nice once it's done and the scaffoldin' is taking down. It should have been done ages ago from what Felix told me, but there have been problems. Re-buildin' an old house into an inn is probably a lot of work, so it's not surprisin'. Is that where you're going in New City? If so, say 'ello to Felix for me. He's a great fellow. Knos his smokes.

Pekko listens intensively what Mango is telling him. Then looks silently at the Bluff for awhile and sighs. "Sorry, Mango. I was just thinking over what you just told me. But, yes, that is where I'm going. Gentleman Jim brought me a letter from this Mateû. I am not sure if I should tell this but he have had some problems in downstairs and needs someone to look at the matter. I do not really know why he summons me. Apparently there is going to be some other people too. But only Ahto knows what waves might bring in. I hope I am ready for whatever needs to be done."
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue May 28, 2013 1:07 am

Knightfall wrote:The directions on the back of the note seem simple enough. The inn stands near a shop called Smith's Smithy -- a well known arms and armor shop. It will take a bit of time to walk there from Temple District, however. Passing through the streets of the Temple District is always a challenge, due to the fissures that divide most of the intersections, but you have become used to it all. You pick a route that you know well and are soon at the Temple Gate. The members of the Bluffside Regulars guarding the gate let you pass without any difficulty; most of the regular gate guards know you since you often travel back and forth to the Military District. You mention that you're going to New city today, and one of the guards, a man named Snyder McGee, tells you to ask for an elf named Shantilayla, who is running the Woodside Gate today. She should be able to get you through without too much fuss.

Thistle smiles. "Thank you so much, Snyder," she responds. Thistle makes her way to to the Woodside Gate and asks for an audience with Shantilayla. When Shantilayla appears Thistle explains to her that she is seeking The Winsome Heart.
Blog / DeviantArt / Facebook / Google+ / Letterboxd / Twitter / YouTube / See More
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [Kulan PbP|D&D v.3.5] Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign

Postby dulsi » Tue May 28, 2013 4:02 am

Ever since Borin discovered Gralf's coins, the dwarf has been extra friendly. Considering how few people Gralf knows in this city Borin is probably his closest friend. The note seemed much better than Borin's other suggestions for employment. The gnome had no interest in working in the mines nor in apprenticing to another blacksmith. "Thanks." Placing a silver piece down, Gralf orders a mug of ale for the dwarf.

The warrior donned his helm and headed for the The Winsome Heart.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage
dulsi
Storm Giant

Postby Knightfall » Tue May 28, 2013 10:37 pm

dulsi wrote:Ever since Borin discovered Gralf's coins, the dwarf has been extra friendly. Considering how few people Gralf knows in this city Borin is probably his closest friend. The note seemed much better than Borin's other suggestions for employment. The gnome had no interest in working in the mines nor in apprenticing to another blacksmith. "Thanks." Placing a silver piece down, Gralf orders a mug of ale for the dwarf.

The warrior donned his helm and headed for the The Winsome Heart.

Borin waves goodbye to you as you exit Miner's Rest and head out into the orderly streets of the Mining District. You check your pockets to make sure you have your pass for the Adamantine Gate; you don't want a repeat of the last time you tried to pass through the gate. While Captain Jacob Prisdom and the guard contingent now know who you are and have provided you with a 10-day work pass, they scrutinize you every time you come and go from the district.

As you approach the closed gate, you notice that Captain Prisdom is absent. It's the first time you've come to the Adamantine Gate and not had to deal with him. One of the regular guards, a tall halfling named Kable, holds up his hand in front of you. "Gralf, I hope you're going somewhere important; now is not a good time for a leisurely jaunt out into the rest of the city. I'll need more than your pass, today."

You know Kable isn't looking for a bribe; none of the guards of the Adamantine Gate can be bribed. He looks at you with a very serious face.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Tue May 28, 2013 10:48 pm

hihama wrote:Pekko listens intensively what Mango is telling him. Then looks silently at the Bluff for awhile and sighs. "Sorry, Mango. I was just thinking over what you just told me. But, yes, that is where I'm going. Gentleman Jim brought me a letter from this Mateû. I am not sure if I should tell this but he have had some problems in downstairs and needs someone to look at the matter. I do not really know why he summons me. Apparently there is going to be some other people too. But only Ahto knows what waves might bring in. I hope I am ready for whatever needs to be done."

"Hmm, it sounds like you're goin' to be busy t'day. Tough work, cleanin' pests out of cellars. But if the pay is good, i guess its worth gettin' a little dirty, eh?" A distant rumble echoes across the sky and you both look westward towards the open sea. "A storm is comin'. I need to check to see if that last load is goin' to be here or if we're goin' to have leave without it. I don't wanna be on the waters when those clouds hit."

Mango steps away from his barge then looks back to you. "I might need your help carryin' the cargo. You okay with that?"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Thistle smiles. "Thank you so much, Snyder," she responds. Thistle makes her way to to the Woodside Gate and asks for an audience with Shantilayla. When Shantilayla appears Thistle explains to her that she is seeking The Winsome Heart.

"i know where that is," Shantilayla replies. "I assume your business in New City has something to do with the Mateûs. You don't look like a carpenter or bricklayer, so I'm assuming you're going to help with Rande's security problem."

A soft peal of thunder interrupts the elven guard for a moment, but she doesn't turn her head. You notice that Shantilayla has a odd coloration to her skin. Could she be one of these nevae you've heard about?

"How long do you think you're going to be in New City? Are you applying for a permanent position as a healer or a guard, or is it just a short-term contract?"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby hihama » Tue May 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Knightfall wrote:Mango steps away from his barge then looks back to you. "I might need your help carryin' the cargo. You okay with that?"

Pekko gives a rare beaming smile. "When have I ever refused you." Then his face turns more serious. "Besides, I do not like that rumble either, the sooner we leave the better."
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed May 29, 2013 4:34 am

Knightfall wrote:"i know where that is," Shantilayla replies. "I assume your business in New City has something to do with the Mateûs. You don't look like a carpenter or bricklayer, so I'm assuming you're going to help with Rande's security problem."

A soft peal of thunder interrupts the elven guard for a moment, but she doesn't turn her head. You notice that Shantilayla has a odd coloration to her skin. Could she be one of these nevae you've heard about?

"How long do you think you're going to be in New City? Are you applying for a permanent position as a healer or a guard, or is it just a short-term contract?"
"Indeed, I am here to help deal with Randes' problem. My friend Bran Veldersine was given this note," she takes out the note, uncrumples it and shows it to Shantilayla. "Bran was supposed to be the one to show up, but he was injured and asked me to show up on his behalf. I am hoping this little exercise won't take up too much time, I am anxious to get back to the Temple and resume my duties." Thistle looks at Shantilayla as if a bit taken a back. "You....are interesting. If you don't mind my asking, are you a nevae?"
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby dulsi » Wed May 29, 2013 4:40 am

Sometimes the difference between the independent city and his birthplace don't seem that great. Gralf scowls. "What do I need? Rande Mateû has offered me a job more suited to my skills. I'm supposed to meet him at the Winsome Heart." He debates asking about the concern in the city but decides it probably doesn't matter.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage
dulsi
Storm Giant

Postby Knightfall » Thu May 30, 2013 7:13 am

hihama wrote:Pekko gives a rare beaming smile. "When have I ever refused you." Then his face turns more serious. "Besides, I do not like that rumble either, the sooner we leave the better."

"Okay then, lad. Follow me." Mango heads off into the interior of the Shipping District. He leads you through alleys and walkways as the wind begins to rise. The storm is still someway off, but you can taste and smell the moisture in the air. You soon find yourself in the Sordadon's open-air market. Mango enters a large tent just inside the market boundary. "Piper, the time is now! Either get that cargo on my barge, or I'm leavin' without you!"

As you enter the tent, the stench of fish and salt becomes overshadowed by the smell of incense and spice. Barrels cover the floor and carpets hang from four large poles holding up the tent. You peer around the bulky half-ogre to see a voluptuous woman with a scar across her face glaring at Mango. She and two workers are nailing shut two small crates while a larger man watches over the rest of the tent.

"Almost done, Mango." She retorts.

"No. Now or never, Piper." Mango pushes one of the smaller men out of the way. "We go right now, or I keep the deposit you put down, and you find another barge."

"It's not secure yet!" The woman gets right up in Mango's face, not an easy thing to do. "I won't lose any of this cargo into Crater Bay!" The big man beside Piper glares at Mango.

"I'll secure it on the barge. I give you my word. Just give me your tools and have one of your men carry this other crate with my friend here." Mango glares back at Piper's guard and picks up other crate with one hand.

Piper holds up her hand, stopping the big man as moves to step towards Mango. She looks at the half-ogre sailor and then to you. "Can I trust this one?"

"He's a sailor and priest of Ahto. He has given his service to me for the trip there. He will not break it." Mango turns and looks at you.
Last edited by Knightfall on Thu May 30, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Thu May 30, 2013 7:27 am

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:"Indeed, I am here to help deal with Randes' problem. My friend Bran Veldersine was given this note," she takes out the note, uncrumples it and shows it to Shantilayla. "Bran was supposed to be the one to show up, but he was injured and asked me to show up on his behalf. I am hoping this little exercise won't take up too much time, I am anxious to get back to the Temple and resume my duties." Thistle looks at Shantilayla as if a bit taken a back. "You....are interesting. If you don't mind my asking, are you a nevae?"

Shantilayla looks at the note and reads it several times. She looks at the paper in depth, smoothing it out. She doesn't look at you for over five minutes. You're not sure if she is just being through or if she suspects you of something. It seems like odd behavior considering what little there is in the note. Finally she speaks, "The signature looks good, although I'm no expert. The Mateûs are an intereating lot. If Rande is expecting your friend instead of you, I suggest you keep this note in better condition. I find that nobility, even lower status nobility, do not like surprises."

She folds the note carefully before handing it back to you.

"When you see Rande, tell him that I vouched for you. That should make things easier. As for your question, if you succeed at your little exercise and come back this way, I'll be happy to answer it then. Good luck to you."

With that, she waves you by and motions for a caravan wagon to stop for a spot inspection. No one else pays you any mind as dozens of people come and go from New City.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Thu May 30, 2013 8:10 am

dulsi wrote:Sometimes the difference between the independent city and his birthplace don't seem that great. Gralf scowls. "What do I need? Rande Mateû has offered me a job more suited to my skills. I'm supposed to meet him at the Winsome Heart." He debates asking about the concern in the city but decides it probably doesn't matter.

Kable's eyes go wide for a second when you say Rande's name.

"Mateû... Rande Mateû? He asked for you personally?" The halfling guard glances over his shoulder towards a group of guards searching a group of miners before staring straight at you with a uneasy look on his face. "I need you to stay right here and try not to look threatening, okay? I'll be right back."

Kable walks casually over to the other guards, turns to look at you casually, and then says something that causes everyone to snicker. He about-faces and calmly walks towards you with a look of concern on his face. The other guards look at you without concern.

"Here, take this ring," Kable whispers to you. "I have a feeling there is more going on here than either of us knows. A woman named Saramina was found dead in Old City last night. As well, three men were caught trying to sneak over the Mining District's wall from the other side. They were trying to come in, not get out! They refused to surrender and were killed. One of them had a letter. A letter written by Saramina. She's supposedly a high-class lady, if you get my meaning. The letter mentioned a man by description but not by name. A man fitting Rande Mateû's description. He's under suspicion, but it's not enough to go on since the letter was not meant for him. We don't know who it was meant for.

"Now, I know you. I doubt very much you're a spy otherwise you would not have walked up to the gate and mentioned him by name. I'm taking a risk trusting you, but Captain Prisdom seems to like you, even trust you a bit. He rarely gives out passes like the one you've got there. I'd like you to find out what is going on at The Winsome Heart and see whether or not Rande is guilty of something. I'm sure the captain would be willing to substantial reward you. There could even be a position for you amongst the Bluffside Regulars.

"However... If you turn out to be involved in this in some way, there will be no place in Bluffside for you to hide."

Kable casually turns his head towards the others and yawns. "I've told them, you're on your way to the Temple District to take part in an important religious ceremony. The ring will guarantee your way through. Put it on and don't lose it. Try to look humble and pious. And whatever you do, don't run once you get on the other side. I can assure you someone will be watching you, carefully. Good luck and be very careful."
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby hihama » Thu May 30, 2013 9:15 am

Knightfall wrote:"I'll secure it on the barge. I give you my word. Just give me your tools and have one of your men carry this other crate with my friend here." Mango glares back at Piper's guard and picks up other crate with one hand.

Piper holds up her hand, stopping the big man as moves to step towards Mango. She looks at the half-ogre sailor and then to you. "Can I trust this one?"

"He's a sailor and priest of Ahto. He has given his service to me for the trip there. He will not break it." Mango turns and looks at you.

"I do not see what there is to trust. I have enough experience on sailing small boats and I am not going to steal your cargo. If you just let me help, we really need get going before that storm hits us."

OC: I'm using Diplomacy skill to influence her attitude.
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby dfryer36 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:53 am

Ayse smiles at Ric and slips out the door, heading for New City. She knew to take anything that Ric told her wit a very large grain of salt and she could sense that he was not entirely truthful about some things. However, his information did give her a better sense of what she was getting into, but even that left her with more questions than answers. As she approached the city gates she pulled out her House Asuras credentials, and prepared for her turn with the guards.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Next

Return to The Crystal Globe