Useful Play by Post links (& Free Downloads)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Useful Play by Post links (& Free Downloads)

Postby Big Mac » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:45 pm

PLAY BY POST:
  • Dice Roller - COre COliseum Battle Map generator at Identical Software.
  • Mapper - COre COliseum Battle Map generator at Identical Software.
  • Dice Roller - Dice Roller at The Unseen Servant.
  • Map Tool - Virtual tabletop mapping tool from RP Tools.
  • TokenTool - Tool for creating tokens for Map Tool from RP Tools.
  • Map Tool discussion - Discussion of Map Tool at RPG Net.

FORUMS AND COMMUNITIES:

FREE GHOSTWALK DOWNLOADS:
  • To be created.

If you see any other useful Ghostwalk websites, please post links about them in this thread and myself (or a moderator) will update this post to include them. Please keep other chit-chat out of this thread. If you want to discuss any of these web resources please start a new thread.

LAST EDIT (by Big Mac 31 Jul 2016): Links from first three replies edited into top post.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Useful Play by Post links (& Free Downloads)

Postby dulsi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Dice Roller and Mapper are available from my web site. The Core Coliseum, which was the primary user, appears to have shutdown due to WotC making the wikis unusable after the last big change.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage
dulsi
Storm Giant

Postby rredmond » Sun May 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Unseen Servant, www.unseenservant.us , has a great old school PbP community - it's only a Play by Post forum. Since it only does PbP the folks there are real supportive of new players and DMs. There are a couple support forum. Also the associated die roller http://www.unseenservant.com/ is pretty awesome.

And I'm not sure what you mean by free downloads, but & Publishing Group (www.and-mag.com) has free downloads: & Magazine, supplements and modules. These are all to play old school D&D, for AD&D and earlier.

Hope that helps!

--Ron--
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Filling in the Gaps for Old School Gamers
rredmond
Gnoll

Postby Canageek » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:19 pm

I'll like to suggest Maptool. It is mostly designed to be used in online play, but I find it and TokenTool really good at making maps for posting in PBPs. When I googled it, This thread came up, which looks to have a lot of good advice and links for using it.
Canageek
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:01 pm

Links from first three replies edited into top post.[/quote]

rredmond wrote:And I'm not sure what you mean by free downloads, but & Publishing Group (http://www.and-mag.com) has free downloads: & Magazine, supplements and modules. These are all to play old school D&D, for AD&D and earlier.

Thanks Ron.

I'm still working out what could go where. (I might need to change the standard format.)

I think that "free downloads", if I keep them, might be a list of things like online SRDs, free rules, free character sheets and so on. (I'm open to suggestions.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby stonedzep » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:13 am

I would like to point gamersplane.com, an active community where you would find many different games going on and most importantly divided by RPG system, I am playing a LOTR game right now and is great, you can add dice rolls mechanism to posts which is something really handful.
stonedzep
Goblin

Return to The Crystal Globe