[TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby robertneaves » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Hugin wrote:
RobJN wrote:Jasna: 2+3=4

I've heard of DMs fudging rolls behind the screen, but out in the open?

:P

:D


Ha! It's okay man, been there. Didn't even notice.
robertneaves
Ogre
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby RobJN » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Now that fotobuket is cooperating, here is the updated map. The kobolds' positions are approximations, as they are currently hidden within the shadows and rubble of the keep's south wall:
Image
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby RobJN » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:47 am

RobJN wrote:Kobolds: 3, 5
Jasna: 2+3=4
Katarin: 1

So it looks like it'll be:
Kobold A, Castinus, Jasna, Kobold 2, Roland, Legodor, then Katarin

Bad Math aside, the kobolds are using crossbows -- 2-handed weapons always lose initiative! (been a while since I DM'd Basic....) :facepalm: :facepalm:

Revised Initiative is like this:

Castinus, Jasna, Roland, Legodor, Katarin, Kobold A, Kobold B
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby barna10 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:22 pm

Roland, with shield in his left and mace in his right, charges one of the kobolds.

Attack Roll: [1d20] = 6 Damage: [1d6] = 2

...
User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby robertneaves » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Legodor stands up and launched an arrow from his longbow at the nearest kobold, assuming he sees one. d20=16, d6=3. Hits AC 5 for 3 damage (unless range modifies it)
robertneaves
Ogre
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby Hugin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Castinus will move behind the stone block to the left and fire an arrow at the kobold that presents the easiest target.

Attack: 8+1=9
Damage: 3 (if it hits, that is).
User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby RobJN » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Hugin wrote:Castinus will move behind the stone block to the left and fire an arrow at the kobold that presents the easiest target.

Attack: 8+1=9
Damage: 3 (if it hits, that is).

Castinus fires at a shadowy figure hunkered down amidst the ruined keep's wall, but it turns out to be just that -- a shadow, not the kobold at which he thought to be aiming.

The shorter of the girls takes advantage of Castinus' shot, rising from her crouch and hurling a gem-studded dagger. She voices an oath more becoming a Fogor dock worker than a girl not even of maiden's age as the knife skips off a broken-off section of wall.

robertneaves wrote:Legodor stands up and launched an arrow from his longbow at the nearest kobold, assuming he sees one. d20=16, d6=3. Hits AC 5 for 3 damage (unless range modifies it)

[Legodor is within 30' or so, so his attack is further modified by +1 for short range]

Legodor's elven vision allows him to pick out which of the shadows are rubble and which are adversaries. His arrow catches one, and it spins, crossbow clattering from its hands as it topples with a rattling sigh.

barna10 wrote:Roland, with shield in his left and mace in his right, charges one of the kobolds.

Attack Roll: [1d20] = 6 Damage: [1d6] = 2
Roland charges, but the kobold ducks under the cleric's mighty swing, scrambling backwards.

The other girl, in the novice's gown, raises her hand, palm outward, fingers of her other hand moving as if plucking harp strings, or manipulating threads on a loom. As Roland's charges, she frowns, abruptly closing her hands into fists. [Weave cancelled, one slot lost]

The kobold facing off against Roland looses its crossbow, but the bolt shatters against the man's shield. [Ranged attack within 5', automatic miss]

[Next round, initiative, if you please, gentlemen]
Kobold: 1
Jasna: 4+2(Dex)=6
Katarin: 4
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby robertneaves » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Legodor Initiative 1d6-2: 1
robertneaves
Ogre
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby Hugin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Castinus Initiative: 1d6+1 = 5
User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby barna10 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:18 am

Roland's Initiative

Initiaitive: [1d6] = 3
User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby RobJN » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Jasna springs to her feet, dashing towards the hole in the keep wall.

"What are you -- don't go back in there!" Katarin shouts after her.

"We were going for help, help is here now," she calls over her shoulder. "I'm not giving that knife back to those kobolds after I went through all that trouble to steal it!"
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby barna10 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:08 pm

Roland takes a swing at the closest kobold, "May your hound-gods feast on your unworthy soul!"

Mace - Attack Roll: [1d20] = 17 | Damage: [1d6] = 1
User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby robertneaves » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:25 pm

Legodor rushes after the girl.
robertneaves
Ogre
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby Hugin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:05 am

Castinus rushes to catch up to the others.
User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby RobJN » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Castinus blinks in the sudden gloom within the keep's walls, joined a moment later by Legodor and the girl in the novice weaver's gown. The brief moment while their eyes adjusted to the gloom was all it took for the other girl to disappear.

Roland's mighty blow collapses the cowering kobold into a limp heap.

Two great holes gape in the west and southern walls,and the ceiling sags rather ominously. The northwestern corner has buckled, barely holding up the ceiling. Someone (or something) has braced the northern wall with broken timbers, but it looks to be a hasty job, one that won’t last the next storm, or the weight of next winter’s snows.

A hole in the northern wall could serve to access rooms beyond, or a doorway on the eastern wall leads deeper into the keep.

Image
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby Hugin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:51 pm

"Should we try to get to the lower levels as quickly as we can?", Castinus asks the rest of the party. "If so, it looks like we need to go this way", he then points eastward through the doorway.
User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby robertneaves » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Legodor shrugs, "Sounds like a plan."
robertneaves
Ogre
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby barna10 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:00 pm

"Lead the way."
User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby Hugin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:46 pm

barna10 wrote:"Lead the way."

"Nice try. Do I *look* like I should be in front? Perhaps you're brave enough; I make no such claims."

Castinus' Character Sheet wrote:Castinus is little more than a scrawny street urchin...
STR = 6


:lol:
Last edited by Hugin on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby robertneaves » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:47 pm

"How about you lead the way, Roland?"
robertneaves
Ogre
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby Hugin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:53 pm

"Don't worry, we'll be right behind you"
User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby barna10 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Roland looks in to the darkness and then back at his companions. "By the spirits..." He turns and walks towards the eastern door.
User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby RobJN » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:19 pm

"A moment," Katarin says, and then takes several deep breaths. Her gaze grows distant, her brow slightly furrowed in concentration. Her jaw muscles clench, and again her fingers make their odd plucking-at-strings motions.

Legodor and Roland both feel a ghostly touch of.... something, the hairs at the backs of their necks prickling, an itching tingle shivering through them as a pinpoint of blue-white light flares amidst the outstretched fingers of the girl's hand. It grows, brightening, into a wobbling, wavering globe of watery light about the width of Roland's fist. Not quite as bright as a torch, still, it is enough to push the shadows to the furthest corners of the chamber.

"I am not very good with Energy," the girl says, her voice strained. "This is the best I can manage."

Image
[I need a d6 roll from everybody]
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby robertneaves » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Legodor gets a 6. Not sure if he should be happy or sad about that.
robertneaves
Ogre
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Postby Hugin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 pm

[ooc]Doing some experimenting here so lets see if it works[/ooc]

Mysterious roll: [1d6] = 4

[Edit: It worked! The roll that is; don't know if the result did or not yet. ;) ]
User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Location: Fergus, Ontario

PreviousNext

Return to The Crystal Globe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest