[TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Post Reply
User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by barna10 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:22 pm

D6: [1d6] = 3

Roland looks at the little girl thinking, I hope you are not a witch...

robertneaves
Ogre
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by robertneaves » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Feeling the confinement of being indoors, Legodor switches from his bow to his sword.

User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
Posts: 3980
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Gender: male
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Hugin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Castinus also changes from his bow to his dagger, feeling rather inadequate about it too.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:52 pm

No sooner do Legodor and Castinus' weapons clear their sheathes, then something dark oozes from the ceiling, engulfing the young weaver, devouring her globe of light. In the sudden darkness, you hear her muffled scream.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by barna10 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:59 pm

"Demihumans, tell me what you see!" Roland curses the dark gods of the abyss for not thinking to light a light source...He fumbles in his pack for a torch and his tinderbox and begins the arduous task of lighting a torch pre-industrial age...

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:01 pm

barna10 wrote:"Demihumans, tell me what you see!" Roland curses the dark gods of the abyss for not thinking to light a light source...He fumbles in his pack for a torch and his tinderbox and begins the arduous task of lighting a torch pre-industrial age...
[Pfft. "Firebuilding." Nobody ever uses that skill!]
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
Posts: 3980
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Gender: male
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Hugin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:13 am

As Castinus gets his torch out as well, he can be heard nervous saying, "hurrr...rrry, hurrr...rrry!"

robertneaves
Ogre
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by robertneaves » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:35 pm

Does Legodor see anything in the dark the others cannot?

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:30 pm

robertneaves wrote:Does Legodor see anything in the dark the others cannot?
Legodor sees that whatever it is, it generates body heat, with a large central body mass partially obscured by cooler patches-- Wings, he realizes, though he's used to seeing their shape outspread and flapping rather than folded around prey.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

robertneaves
Ogre
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by robertneaves » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Legodor squints for a moment, then says to his companions, "Wings? What... is that?"

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:41 am

The pitch hisses and spits as the torch comes to light in Castinus' hand.

The fitful light causes a hunched, black-furred creature to squeal, releasing its hold on the young weaver, beady eyes gleaming as it throws its arms wide, revealing a membranous wingspan that takes up nearly half the room.

It lunges at the thief, needle-like teeth snapping, but shies away from the torch's heat at the last moment. [Miss: 9 vs. AC 6]
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by barna10 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:39 am

Roland will charge in and attack with his mace, after he lights his torch.

Mace - Attack Roll: [1d20] = 14 | Damage: [1d6] = 4

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:41 am

barna10 wrote:Roland will charge in and attack with his mace, after he lights his torch.

Mace - Attack Roll: [1d20] = 14 | Damage: [1d6] = 4
A solid hit, catching the beast across the back. Again, it shrieks, turning to engage Roland....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
Posts: 3980
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Gender: male
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Hugin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:40 am

Castinus does his best to squeak in a hit with his dagger.

Attack: [1d20-1] = 4-1 = 3 , Damage: [1d4-1] = 1-1 = 0

:facepalm:

robertneaves
Ogre
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by robertneaves » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:21 am

Legodor attempts two handed jab with his bastard sword. Attack 16, damage 5.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:30 am

Hugin wrote:Castinus does his best to squeak in a hit with his dagger.

Attack: [1d20-1] = 4-1 = 3 , Damage: [1d4-1] = 1-1 = 0

:facepalm:
Remember, a hit will always deal at least one point of damage!

.... provided it hits, that is.... :?
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:43 am

robertneaves wrote:Legodor attempts two handed jab with his bastard sword. Attack 16, damage 5.
The elf's jab sinks into the thing's back, and he nearly loses his grip on the weapon as the creature whirls, shrieking.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
Posts: 3980
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Gender: male
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Hugin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:07 pm

RobJN wrote:
Hugin wrote:Castinus does his best to squeak in a hit with his dagger.

Attack: [1d20-1] = 4-1 = 3 , Damage: [1d4-1] = 1-1 = 0

:facepalm:
Remember, a hit will always deal at least one point of damage!

.... provided it hits, that is.... :?
Yea, I realize that, but those rolls couldn't have gotten much worse!

Next round! Next round will be awesome! You'll see. (right? It could be... maybe...)

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Speaking of next round.... Initiative, if you please ;)

Katarin: 1
Giant Bat: 3
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
Posts: 3980
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Gender: male
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Hugin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:59 am


robertneaves
Ogre
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by robertneaves » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:00 am

Legodor initiative: 4

User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by barna10 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:36 pm


User avatar
Hugin
Green Dragon
Posts: 3980
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:40 pm
Gender: male
Location: Fergus, Ontario

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Hugin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Aren't *we* the quick and decisive bunch! :arrow:

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Awesome! So we've got Roland, Castinus, Batty, Legodor (-2 due to low Dex :( ) and Katarin. Roland and Castinus both have torches lit, and Katarin's light weave still shines, if weakly.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

User avatar
barna10
Hobgoblin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56 am
Gender: male

Re: [TC1: Act 1]Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by barna10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Roland curses the foul gods that create such things, then attempts to smash their creation...

Mace - Attack Roll: [1d20] = 18 | Damage: [1d6] = 4

Post Reply

Return to “The Crystal Globe”