The Karameikos Experiment PbP (OOC thread)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: The Karameikos Experiment PbP (OOC thread)

Postby Sturm » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Yes but I will indicate hit points as well, I just decided to calculate them a bit differently from classic BECMI, lowering the difference between low and high levels.
The only spot I will leave blank in your model is the alignment, as everyone is free to indicate his/her preferred one.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Sturm » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Taradain, Bofar and Lucius should have received already the link to the new sheet. Check the equipment.
I will complete Dim's over the weekend or by monday!
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Sturm » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Dim's sheet done too, Send him a PM with the link!
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby stonedzep » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:05 am

Hi everyone

would like to introduce myself, I am Ettore from Italy, I am really looking forward to playing a Karameikos Campaign after long long time, more than ever in a BECMI set of rules wich was and still is my first love.
stonedzep
Goblin

Postby agathokles » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:16 am

Glad to have you onboard!

GP
agathokles
Blue Dragon

Postby hihama » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:18 am

Wellcome.
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Sturm » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Ok update Bofar's sheet, he has now AC 9 (natural 7 - 1 ring of protection, - 1 shield, - 1 dexterity +5 plate mail) and Absorbance 7.
Removed 140 gold coins for the ring and the plate mail, now you have no more money in bank.

for all, note the encumbrance value under horse on page 2: this is the value you would have to carry if you take all the items yorselves, without the horse. The one in the bottom is instead if you use the horse. I am assuming you do.
Note also some items I listed as left at home, such as more weapons you may be proficient with. If you want to take them on the horse, tell me.

Ettore/Dorn, you have two more weapon proficiencies to add, i.e. weapons you know how to use, even if you probably will not have them with you, unless you want to carry them on the horse.
I have filled your PC background in the sheet (page 4 and 5), also including some motivations which could bring you to join the others. Tell me if that is ok, you can still change/tweak any element of the background if you wish so.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby stonedzep » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Background is great and I really like it the way it is, added two more weapon skills club+warhammer which I don't feel necessary having those weapons materially with me at the moment
stonedzep
Goblin

Postby Sturm » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:15 am

Ok, added as weapons at home in the sheet.
Also added Dwarvish/Gnomish as known language. Dwarvish and Gnomish are so related they can be considered two dialects of the same language.

Now about to post in the IC thread your arrival in Dendwal, a town north of Highforge (see linked map in the IC thread), where you have been sent by Baron Sherlane, refer to backstory in page 4 of your sheet.

In the IC thread we use color codes for languages. Blue for Thyatian, Red for Traladaran, Brown for Dwarvish, Purple for Goblin and so on.
Highlight your speech in one of these color depending on the language you are using.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby stonedzep » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:25 pm

roger that
stonedzep
Goblin

Postby stonedzep » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Headup to my idle status lately, I am really busy in this moment due to major changes in my job and something else that is taking me a lot of time, I am sorry but I think i might be absent for a bit too much.
Feel free to play Dorn or to do anything else you think would be appropriate, no problems at all!
stonedzep
Goblin

Postby Sturm » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:24 am

Hi, do not worry, I normally play basic actions for the PCs if the player does not post, but I hope you will have a bit more free time soon!
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby firebee » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:32 pm

Hello all! Sturm has graciously allowed me to join the game! What class(es) of characters could the party use?
Tom Mahaney
firebee
Bugbear

Postby Sturm » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 am

Hi, replying here, Level is 3, the party already has all classes in it, so choose freely what you prefer. You can write here a class and a name, with also a draft of background if you have one, then I will send you the link to the BECMI sheet that fellow player Dervish has done.
Welcome!
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dervish » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 am

Hey Guys sorry i have not been around much lately Had something come up at work that led to me being transferred from the print side of the company i work for to the broadcast side. As a result i have had no time for gaming of any kind. I will read through the relevant thread and respond either tonight or tomorrow
Life is alot more valuable when you are strapped to an altar
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:33 am

No problem Dervish, reply when you have time, soon your character will rejoin the others anyway.
Firebee, if you prefer I could also determine randomly name, class and background. Stats will be quite high anyway as I allow 80 points to distribute between them.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Sturm » Wed May 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Added Cantrips to Dim and Dorn's sheets. We used them already in the past but I forgot to include them in the new sheets.
Basically I allow wizards and clerics to use magic more or less as in 5ed. You never exhaust cantrips and you can use spell slots as you like. Cantrips however have limited use in combat. The Light cantrip for example cannot be used to blind opponents as the 1st level spell, and is not permanent but last on concentration. Some cantrips included in 3,4 and 5ed were not included because they are 1st level spells in BECMI D&D.
If you need some clarifications about them, just ask!
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby agathokles » Mon May 15, 2017 3:54 pm

I'd need some more information about the events in the mass battle thread. In particular, the type of weapons and armour used by our mounted troops and the enemy knights.

GP
agathokles
Blue Dragon

Postby Sturm » Mon May 15, 2017 4:00 pm

You had to leave the horses and a bit of your equipment when you turn into birds to try the rescue of Arelena, but the armies of Kelvin and Penhaligon have given back what you could need. In particular you have your melee weapon, a crossbow and a short lance attached to the horse.
The same is true for all the men under your command. Note however that your lances are not long lances as the ones of your enemies. You could consider them heavy cavarly and yours medium cavalry, as your men have chain mail and not plate.
So you are faster and also more numerous (16 against 10) but certainly less powerful and with shorter lances.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Sturm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Hi, the characters of Dorn and Dimitri are in the magical mirror now as the players have not posted since some time, but they can return anytime if they want to...
Sturm
Black Dragon

Previous

Return to The Crystal Globe