The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby hihama » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:32 am

Bofar says something sounding like a curse and then kicks the panel out of the way.
User avatar
hihama
Vesihiisi
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: Akaa, Finland

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby agathokles » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:13 am

Lucius stands right behind Bofar as the dwarf opens the way, ready to charge at the two figures.
agathokles
Blue Dragon
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Dim, with the dagger held in hand, advance in the room following Bofar, ready to immediately jump to the right or the left (where it will be more dynamically useful in the next seconds) to outflank the men.
Cedric
Gnoll
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby RobJN » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:35 pm

Mitri readies his own dagger, and looks for an opening to slip around the edge of the room during the chaos soon to come, his main goal being to free the figure in the sack.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Act I - Choices
Scene IV - In the Tunnels, 2nd Day (Thaumont, 2nd, 990 AC)


The two men are scared to see so many of you come out of the wooden panel. They drop the bungle almost immediately and run. The chamber has another passage going out toward the north. The bundle, a big jute sack, moves around until two delicate hands and an head come out.
It's a pretty girl who could be 15 years old or even younger. She stares at you, clearly scared, but somehow she manages to summon a commanding voice. "I'm Lucia Vorloi and I demand that you release me immediately! My father will kill you!"

(Decide if you stay or you try to pursue the two men in the next chamber)
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby hihama » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Bofar runs after the men.
User avatar
hihama
Vesihiisi
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: Akaa, Finland

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Dervish » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Taradain moves to Lucia and frees her"Come I will take you back to your father it is at his behest that we are down here"Motioning to the rest of the guys "We need to get out of here" she then turns and leads the young lady back to the inn
Life is alot more valuable when you are strapped to an altar
User avatar
Dervish
Ogre
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:12 am

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby agathokles » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:05 pm

"Can't leave the dwarf alone down here" replies Lucius, following Bofar "See you at the inn!"
agathokles
Blue Dragon
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Havard » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:23 am

Gharis will follow Bufar and Lucius.

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
 
Posts: 16384
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Location: Norway

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby RobJN » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Mitri will accompany Taradain and Lucia back to the inn
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:28 pm

Act I - Choices
Scene IV - In the Tunnels, 2nd Day (Thaumont, 2nd, 990 AC)


Mitri and Taradain go back toward the inn. Lucia, still scared and wary, accepts to follow them.
Bofar, Lucius, Gharis, Tiberius, Trark and Dim pursue the two men through the northern tunnel, which after a bend leads them to a large earthen cavern, covered with a pool of ankle-deep mud. The room is criss-crossed with supporting beams and planks cover the roof. Large blobs of mud seep down between the cracks. Across the chamber, three thin and naked men shovel by the light of a feeble lantern. Three ugly, armored creatures are behind them, together with the two hooded men who escaped from the previous room.
As soon as you enter, the three naked men rush toward you, dropping the shovels, apparently to ask for your protection.
The ugly creatures have toad-like faces with protruding teeth, short black hair and tan skin. You never seen one of their race before, but you are quite sure they must be hobgoblins. You also have time to notice that one of the men has red hair.
One of the hobgoblins snarls at you, then kicks a supporting beam. The ceiling begins to fall over you and over the three naked men, who are clearly too weak to escape in time!
Beyond the falling mud and the earth, you can hear the hobgoblins and the two men escaping, and snickering at you.
Trark tries to grab one of the workers who, evidently weak, has already fallen into the mud.

(Decide if you escape immediately or try to take one of the three workers with you)
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby agathokles » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Lucius attempts to drag one of the workers to safety.
agathokles
Blue Dragon
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby hihama » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Bofar tries to help one of the men. "Grab my hand and I pull you to safety."
User avatar
hihama
Vesihiisi
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: Akaa, Finland

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Havard » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:12 pm

As Bofar and Lucius are helping the men, Gharis will try to fend off any falling debris and help his allies out of the way.

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
 
Posts: 16384
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Location: Norway

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:01 am

Dim immediately jumps ahead to help Bofar or Lucius, aiding in the most difficult situation of the two.
Cedric
Gnoll
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Act I - Choices
Scene IV - In the Tunnels, 2nd Day (Thaumont, 2nd, 990 AC)


With no small amount of luck, you manage to escape the falling ceiling, bringing the three skinny workers with you to the previous chamber, where you found Lucia Vorloi.
You have been hit and bruised by some stones, but nothing serious.
"That was close - Trark says - did you see the hobgoblins? Here in the city? I have my suspects on who is behind all this! - the orc then speaks to the three men, who now are looking at him quite terrified - Do not worry, I'm a good orc. Who took you and when? What do you know about your captors?"
The three young men look at each others, then at you and the orc, then one finds the courage to speak.
"We were captured months ago near Kelvin - he says in traladaran - by an humanoid raid, but later they sold us to some thyatians. And they brought us here to dig. We were always blindfolded. Are we in Kelvin? Please, let us return to our families".
"Specularum - Trark says - do not worry, we will let you return home, but you will have to tell us anything you know about your kidnappers". The orcs then proceed to translate everything for Tiberius.
"We already know a lot about them - another, familiar voice says. Tatjana enters the chamber with a black haired and robust man - He is Turano, a friend - she continues - I brought him along as I was worried you might get hurt. We should exit this place now. We have seen some kobolds too in a nearby tunnel".
A trapdoor opens on the ceiling above you and a ladder is brought down.
You see the face of Fortunato Vorloi. Behind him, you see also Lucia, Taradain, Dim and two armed Vorloi men.
They all come down through the ladder.
"We have come here from the inn, this is my cellar! - Fortunato says - I cannot believe they have dug under my house to kidnap my daughter! It's an incredible stroke of luck you were here to save her. I'm beginning to believe you are blessed by Saint Lucor. But who are this woman and this man?" he then says, noticing Tatjana and Turano.
"We belong to the Society" Tatjana declares proudly.
Fortunato's face darkens a bit. "The Society incites hatred between Traladarans and Thyatians!" he says.
"We have differences, Vorloi - Tatjana says - but you need all the friends you can find. You have powerful enemies. If they had managed to kidnap your daughter, you would be their pawn now"
Fortunato pales and remains silent. "Who are they? Do you know something?" he asks.
"They call themselves The Iron Ring - Tatiana says - they are slavers and they have humanoid allies. We believe they are Thyatians, but we cannot prove this, yet. They are trying to take full control of the underground of the city. We cannot allow this. The Torenescu have just found what could be an hideout of these men nearby, in the sewers. Theosius, you know the man, earlier asked these people to investigate. Let's join him right now. The kidnappers of your daughter could well be there".
"Vorloi and Torenescu together? - Fortunato snorts - with the Society? What else, should we ask the Radu too? And don't you people preach all noblemen are stealers?"
"You bet we should ask the Radu - Tatjana answers - and the guards too, if this Iron Ring is as well organized and armed as we believe them to be. Of course we despise noblemen, but we will accept anyone willing to oppose slavers, at least for now. Let's go join Theosius and his men. The hideout nearby should be small enough. If we act now, we could be able to capture the kidnappers and the hobgoblins, and find some answers!"
Trark in the meantime translate all the dialogue for Tiberius.
Fortunato remains silent for some instants, then speaks to you.
"I owe you much, so I will let this decision to you - he says - should we go with this woman and this Theosius and try to capture some member of this mysterious Iron Ring? What do you think?"
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Dervish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:25 pm

"Sir she is saying we should bring everyone including the city guard. I think if she wanted to harm us she would not want to bring that many people " She then looks to Licuia "Did they say anything when they took you and she turns to Trark "you said you had an idea of who it might be, I think i want to hear it" then she looks to the rest of the group taking a moment to make sure each is okay "And you gentlemen I trust are not to much worse for wear"
Life is alot more valuable when you are strapped to an altar
User avatar
Dervish
Ogre
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:12 am

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Lucia seems to think a bit. "They did not say anything more than 'grab her', 'shut up, 'let's move' and such things - she explains - I thought one had a thyatian accent, but the other.. I do not know. He spoke thyatian, but maybe he had a traladaran accent".

Trark looks at Fortunato and Tatjana, apparently dubious if he should speak in their presence. Then, he shrugs.
"I know agents of The Black Eagle are recruiting humanoids all over Karameikos - he says - as we saw hogboblins down there and Tajana saw kobolds, it seems more than just a coincidence to me"
"We suspect some thyatian power is behind the Iron Ring - Tatjana says - and The Black Eagle could fit the bill perfectly".
"Despicable pig - Fortunato curses - nothing is beneath him. He's probably just the type to engage in slavery despite the Duke's laws"

(Baron Ludwig Von Hendriks of Halag/Fort Doom, aka The Black Eagle, is first cousin to Duke Stefan Karameikos, well known in the west of Karameikos as the most arrogant and racist Thyatian lord. Everyone knows this).
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:03 pm

After a while, Lucia speaks again.
"One of the men, the one who had not a thyatian accent, had red hair, I think. I scratched him..."
She looks at her right hand, and indeed there is a bit of blood under her fingernails.
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby hihama » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:18 pm

I think we need all the help we can get, this lot has to be well organised. And they surely are waiting for some kind of retaliation.
Bofar then faces Tiberius. What was that what do did there? More suspicious person could think that you warned them on purpose...
User avatar
hihama
Vesihiisi
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: Akaa, Finland

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Act I - Choices
Scene IV - In the Tunnels, 2nd Day (Thaumont, 2nd, 990 AC)


"Good to know - Trarks says to Lucia - if one of the kidnappers has red hair and some scratches, we could be able to recognize him even if you have not seen his face - Probably we also have to expect a wizard or a priest with them, someone capable of animating the dead" - the orc adds.
"I could gather in a matter of minutes some guards and maybe a wizard or a priest in the Hightower by the waterfront - Fortunato says - my guards will stay above in the house with Lucia. Shall we go?"
He leads you up the ladder into his house, a beautiful place full of marbles, the likes you never saw before in your life except maybe in temples and official buildings. Lucia remain here with the guards, while some servants of the house help the three skinny young men you have saved, letting them sit on chairs and bringing them some water.
Fortunato, quickly followed by Tatjana and Turano, and by you, exit his houses and goes quickly toward the Hightower, a combination of watchtower and lighthouse which dominates the dock. Fortunato quickly speaks with some guards, and evidently his name carry some weight around here, as in a short time a sergeant and four guards arrive, all armed with swords, shields and crossbows.
"Mikel will help us - Fortunato says, introducing the sergeant, a friendly faced man with brown hair and eyes in his thirties - and we can have a wizard too". A young, nervous man about 25 years old join you, nodding to Fortunato and Mikel. He has black hair and wear a simple blue robe. The wizard nods to Dim too. Dim knows him by sight, having seen him before at the Magician's Guild. Wizards in training are supposed to serve with the Guard for short times.
With these new reinforcements, you reach Papermakers Alley, which is not far from the docks.
Not many people are around during the night, and you immediately see Theosius, two armed men with him.
They get immediately nervous seeing so many people and a group of guards, but Fortunato tries to reassure him.
"We are here to help - he says - these young, brave people just freed three enslaved young men and saved my daughter from two kidnappers, and they discovered undead and humanoids under the city. Tatjana here believes all is connected to your slavers"
"Vorloi, Torenescu, the Society and the Guard all together? - Theosius says - these young people truly have done a miracle of Saint Lucor!"
"As long as we all agree we want to stop slavers we can cooperate - Mikel says - you all have the permission to bear unbound arms now, but we will go ahead and you will follow us only for support, if needed. Show us the way!"
Theosius nods in agreement and, through a iron gate, lead you all to a back garden with a dry well. The well has a ladder in it. You all go down the ladder, finding yourselves in yet another crude tunnel.
The tunnel leads to a bigger, wet tunnel, part of the thyatian sewers built under the city some decades ago. A drain occupies the middle of the tunnel, but for now the smell is bearable. Three more branches exit from here: west, north and south (you came from east).
"We know the slavers came from the western branch - Theosius whispers to Mikel, but all can hear him quite fine - we should hide in the northern or southern branch to capture them".
Mikel nods, then speaks to you: "We guards and the wizards will hide in the northern branch. As soon as the full group of slavers has entered this branch I will tell them to stop and surrender. They will not. They never do. As soon as they attack or flee, you will come out of the southern branch and capture them. Emphasis on 'capture them alive', unless they are undead. We need living people to interrogate, understood?"
When you all nod, Mikel and the guards take their place and extinguish their torches, signaling to you to do the same.
Half an hour pass by, and it seems eternal having to stay silent and motionless in the dark.
At last, someone comes. You can heard voices and steps!
The first to enter the tunnel are 3 well armed hobgoblins, the same you saw before. They are leading six tied and gagged people, apparently three young women and three young men. Immediately after them there are 3 hooded men, weapons drawn as well. You are pretty sure two of these are dressed just like Lucia's kidnappers.
Finally, 10 kobolds too enter the tunnel. They all go silently toward the ladder from which you have entered, but before the first hobgoblin can reach it, Mikel exits the northern branch and speaks.
"Surrender to the Phorsis Guard, in the name of the Duke!" - he screams.
Immediately, chaos ensues. The hobgoblins, the kobolds and the three men, believeing themselves numerically superiors, attack the guards, who shoot bolts at their legs while the wizard cast a spell.
In the southern branch where you are, Trark silently springs toward one of the hobgoblins.

(Declare what you do. Inventive and elaborate actions will always be rewarded, within reason. Feel also free to say anything you wanted to say to anyone before the ambush!)
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Dervish » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Taradain assists Trark and will attemot to put herself in the hobgoblins blind spot
Life is alot more valuable when you are strapped to an altar
User avatar
Dervish
Ogre
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:12 am

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby agathokles » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Lucius waits to see the effect of the wizard's spell before jumping into action, and uses this time to light his torch -- you cannot fight what you can't see. He will then try to attack first any of the slavers who might be still in the vicinity of the captives -- hopefully, they'll have to divide their attention between the assailants and the captives.
agathokles
Blue Dragon
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby hihama » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Bofar tries to position himself so that he can most effectively help the captives.
OOC: Using of course his skills of hiding and stealth.
Last edited by hihama on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
hihama
Vesihiisi
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: Akaa, Finland

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby RobJN » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Mitri will try to hide, and surprise any of the men or hobgoblins moving past his hiding place, attempting to knock them down, either by tripping or a crippling kick to the knee. He will only use his dagger in self defense, or to defend one of his companions
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

PreviousNext

Return to The Crystal Globe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest