The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 1 Choices (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Dim prepares to launch Ghost Sound spell - at the first opportunity - towards the kobolds, to create the uditive illusion of a heavily armored squad of guards charging against them from the darkness. Then, he is ready to attack with his dagger the nearest direct menace to the group.
Cedric
Gnoll

Postby Sturm » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Act I - Choices
Scene IV - In the Tunnels, 2nd Day (Thaumont, 2nd, 990 AC)

The wizard's spell was apparently aimed at the hobgoblins, but has no effects on them. The wizard is clearly disappointed, and tries immediately to launch another one.
One of the hobgoblin is hit by a crossbow bolt and falls, Trark and Taradain manage to immobilize and tie him quite easily, moving behind them one of the young men and two girls.
The other two hobgoblins attack the guards, and one of them hit, putting a young guard down in a spray of blood. Mikel and the other three however immediately engage the two remaining hobgoblins and two of the men. Swords flash and ring, the silence broke by the metallic noise of steel hitting steel and boots splashing in the drain.
Lucius lit his torch, a good call because in the meantime the two existing lights, one carried by an hobgoblin and another by a kobold, were dropped into the drain. Lucius then moves to aid one of the guards.
Bofar, with the men and the hobgoblins distracted, seem to have an easy time gathering the remaining captives, two young men, but soon he realize one of the three human slavers, a hooded one with a black leather armor, is now retreating toward the ladder, keeping a short sword at the throat of the remaining captive girl, who sobs and tremble.
Mitri tries to trip one of the hobgoblin, but the warrior dodges his kick.
The kobolds are scared not only by the sound produced by Dim's spell, but also by the fact that two of them drop down, immobilized by another spell cast by Tatjana. When they also see Turano, Fortunato, Gharis and Tiberius charging them, the 8 remaining kobolds run for their lives into the tunnel from whence they had come moments earlier.

(and now to you again!)
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby agathokles » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Lucius tries to attack the guard's opponent from behind. If he and the guard manage to take the opponent down, Lucius will move to help another guard. This time, he will focus on stunning (if attacking from behind, possibly with a pommel strike) or disarming one of the enemies.
agathokles
Blue Dragon

Postby Dartamian » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:26 pm

Tiberius continues to pursue the kobolds down the tunnel shouting Surrender now or face the consequences. Surrender now or face the consequences. (that's supposed to be goblin). Surrender now or face the consequences. (that's supposed to be dwarven). Tiberius pauses at any side tunnel, room, or doorway to check for an ambush and make note of which way he is going.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Act I - Choices
Scene IV - In the Tunnels, 2nd Day (Thaumont, 2nd, 990 AC)

The kobolds run from tunnel to tunnel, trying to lose Tiberius.
Turano follows the young warrior, panting heavily behind him. The sewers get some light only from small sewer covers above, but it's hard to see in the dim light. The kobolds gain more and more ground and are about to disappear into the darkness.
While he follows them however Tiberius cannot fail to notice a small room on the side of a tunnel, dimly lit, with a young man chained to the wall...
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dartamian » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Tiberius stops pursuit of the kobolds as he passes the side room with a man chained to the wall. He waits for Turano to arrive and then tells him There's a man chained in this room, let's go in and see if we can help him. Carefully he enters and scans the room before he proceeds to the man chained on the wall and sees if he can free him as he asks him Are you okay? How did you end up down here?
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Dartamian » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:19 pm

From earlier.
hihama wrote:Bofar then faces Tiberius. What was that what do did there? More suspicious person could think that you warned them on purpose...

Tiberius replies to Bofar I acted as I thought best. The others may have gotten away but we were able to save a victim. If you harbor suspicions please fell free to bring them to light.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Dartamian » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:22 pm

To Trark before we enter the tunnels Thanks for translating for me. My father felt that Traladarian was beneath us and we weren't allowed to learn it. Now I see that decision may hamper my ability to prosper in the city.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Dervish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Taradain emboldened by their success tries to tumble toward the ladder in hoes of beating the slaver and providing a distraction so maybe the party can get the girl away
Life is alot more valuable when you are strapped to an altar
Dervish
Ogre

Postby hihama » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:40 pm

Bofar slowly follows the slaver waiting for the opportunity to do something.
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Sturm » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Act I - Choices
Scene IV - In the Sewers, 2nd Day (Thaumont, 2nd, 990 AC)

[Trark to Tiberius, before]
"It's nothing - the orc says - and do not worry, you can always learn it.. I can teach it and you have also traladaran friends now, as Gharis, Mitri and Dim"

[Tiberius and Turano]
"Yes, I don't think we can get them" Turano replies, panting.
You return to the side room where you have seen the chained man. It's young, with a few days short beard, a torn brown robe and wounds on his chest, as if he was tortured. "Help, please - he says as soon as he sees you - a wizard tormented me. A cruel man. The keys are there!". Moving his head he indicates a small table with iron keys, some shuffled papers and a small book.

[All the others]
Seeing themselves surrounded by many, the two remaining hobgoblins and the two men try to run toward the southern branch of the sewer, the one where you had hidden before. The two hobgoblins however are stopped immediately, one stunned by Mikel or by a wizard's spell, the other tripped and immobilized by Lucius and two guards.
The two men instead arrive near the southern branch, trying to push away Fortunato, Trark, Gharis, Mitri and Dim.
Mitri manages to trip one of them, who falls on the floor, but the man with the red hair enters the southern tunnel...
Tatjana however stops him, placing herself directly into his path.
In the meantime, Bofar and Taradain are following the third man, who has now reached the ladder with the girl in hostage. The man push the girl against Bofar and Taradain to hinder them, then climbs up the ladder as fast as he can.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby hihama » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Bofar tries to catch the girl. "Let him go. You cannot catch him."
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Dartamian » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:36 pm

[Tiberius to Trark, earlier]
Thanks, I would like the chance to learn the language

Tiberius to Turano I'm going to free this man, keep an eye open, it may be some kind of trap or ruse.
Tiberius goes to the table and gets the key which he uses to free the man. Then he gathers up the papers and small book and brings the young man back with him to them main group. He makes sure to also keep the iron key.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Dervish » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:22 pm

Taradain tries to mark the man climbing up the ladder by trying to either stap him in the leg slicing a tendon
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Act I - Choices

[Tiberius and Turano]
Turano nods and keep his sword ready.
Tiberius frees the chained man. "Thank you so much - he says - my name is Timos and I am a wizard too. The one who captured me was torturing me to know all the details of my spells. The little book is indeed my travel spellbook. I think he would have killed me, if you had not arrived in time. I do not know what the other papers are. Thanks, thanks. .
The man, still weak, lean on you for support. Turano watch him closely, but the doesn't seem dangerous.

[All the others]
Taradain slashes at the climbing slaver, opening a wound on his calf. The man tries to kick her but doesn't stop, and rapidly disappears into the well. Mikel and a guard run to follow him.
Mitri in the meantime can easily tie up the man he has tripped. A guard rush to aid him.
The other guard is tending to his wounded comrade. Fortunato and the wizard keep the tied hobgoblins down.
The red hair slaver punches Tatjana hard in the face, and the woman hits the wall, sliding down, apparently unconscious.
The man however falls down just a few paces after her, with her dagger buried into his side, his blood flowing into the drain.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby hihama » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Bofar takes the girl wbere the other freed captives are.
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby agathokles » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm

If the fighting is over, Lucius moves to check Tatjana.
agathokles
Blue Dragon

Postby Dartamian » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:38 am

Tiberius to Timos Where is this other wizard now? I'll hold onto your spellbook and papers, we have more of our group we must return to and see if they need any help. Come with us. And then keeps Timos in front as he returns to see how the rest fared.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Act I - Choices

[Timos and Tiberius return to the others]
"He escaped through the tunnels as soon as he heard sounds of battle" Timos replies.
The wizard follows Tiberius and Turano back to the first tunnel.
Turano soon sees Tatjana is down and run to help Lucius in assisting her.
The woman however does not seem seriously harmed, and tries to stand up, massaging her head.
Fortunato tries to stop the flow of blood in the man she has stabbed, and Trark tries to help him.
"Please help me bring him and all the other prisoners outside" he says.
The guards and the wizard agree, and they set up a rope to bring the tied slavers and the wounded up the ladder.
The former captives thanks profusely you and the guards who have freed them.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dervish » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:50 pm

is it always be like this ? Taradain asks Tatjana in low voice
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Act I - Choices
Scene IV - By the Hightower, 2nd Day (Thaumont, 2nd, 990 AC)

"If you mean adventuring, yes, it is dangerous and often hurts" Tatjana replies, still massagin her head. She thanks Lucius, and Turano helps her climb the ladder.
You go back outside and to the Hightower, where sergeant Mikel and the guard who ran after the third men are waiting for you.
Mikel seems quite upset. "He ran away, damn him - Mikel says - but we have all the others at least".
Word is sent for a cleric to help the wounded guard and the wounded slaver, the red hair man. The other man and the three hobgoblins are put into temporary cells for later interrogation. The 3 former captive young men and the 3 former captive girls are given some food and water. They too will have to stay in the Hightower a bit longer for interrogation. They were obviously chosen for health and strenght (the men) and beauty (the women), to be sold as slaves. If asked, they confirm a wizard gave orders to the kobolds, the hobgoblins and the three human slavers, but he was always hooded with his voice muffled, so they doubt they could recognize him.
All the boys and the girls you have help to freed and the 4 guards thank you again and give you their names (I mean you can recognize one of them if you see them in the streets, but I will not write all their names down now, only if you meet them again :)

At this point, Fortunato, Tatjana and Theosius all say you should part ways now. You are all tired and it's way past the middle of the night. Fortunato and Turano also have still to block the access to the cellars under their houses, as the slavers dug below them.
They agree to meet with you tomorrow by lunch at the Mirror Bay Inn, and Mikel will come too to report what the guard will discover after preliminary interrogations of the slavers and the former captives.
Fortunato thanks you again and says lodging and food are paid for you at the Mirror Bay Inn for as as long as you desire.
"I have a reward for you too - Theosius says, giving you the promised 3 halav each (gold coins) - even if my original mission overlapped with the Vorloi, you helped stop the slavers and we have captured a fair number of them, so the Torenescu have reasons to be satisfied with this evening's outcome.
He then thanks you again and leaves with his two men.
Tatjana and Turano likewise thanks you and leave.
"Time to go finally to bed I believe" - Trark says, leading the way back to the Mirror Bay Inn.

(You now have 6 gold coins more each (3 from Tatjana, 3 from Theosius). See the OOC Thread for a guideline on coins and their value. If you want to go shopping in the morning, just tell me here. Unless you check several stores and confront the prices yourself, I will determine randomly the price you find for any item, but purchases will not be final if you do not confirm them!)
Last edited by Sturm on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby agathokles » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Lucius will look to improve his weaponry. He will visit the merchant district looking for better armor, a shield, and a dagger. He will try multiple stands and merchants, since he does not want to spend all his newfound wealth unwisely.
agathokles
Blue Dragon

Postby hihama » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:13 pm

First think in the morning Bofar visits the temple of Kagyar where he stayed earlier and donates one halav there. After that he tries to find a decent leather armour for himself.
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Sturm » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Act I - Choices
Scene V - Mirror Bay Inn, 3rd Day (Thaumont, 3rd 990 AC)

(Ok, I think I have answered in your sheets about your purchases, please check and confirm what you buy. If I missed something, just let me know. I assume that Bofar, Dim, Lucius, Tiberius and Taradain have slept at the Mirror Bay Inn, while Mitri and Gharis have other lodgings for now).

After a good sleep and some personal errands, you reunite in the Mirror Bay Inn for lunch, all except for Gharis. But you just assume he is a bit late. Timos, the wizard Tiberius freed the night before, arrives at the inn before Fortunato, Theosius and Tatjana, and greets you, thanking the young Tiberius again. Timos is now well dressed and shaved, has combed his black hair and seems much more relaxed.
"The guards let me go after some more interrogation this morning - he says - I was able to return to my inn in the Foreign Quarter and change my dirty clothes. I thank you all again. I am a wizard from Darokin, but my parents were thyatians of Specularum, or at least I had clues they were, I was an orphan at a very young age. As I said to the guards, I doubt I can identify the wizard who captured me and commanded the slavers, as he always had an hood and a muffled voice. I think I could be able to recognize his hands, however - Timos says with a shiver - Please tell me if I can be of any service to you. You should allow me to repay you somehow, as you saved my life. I am afraid I have not much money at the moment, but a wizard can always be useful, I think.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby agathokles » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:41 pm

"This is not over yet. I fear you'll have your opportunity soon enough."
agathokles
Blue Dragon

PreviousNext

Return to The Crystal Globe