The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Dartamian » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:39 am

Tiberius yells at Dim "Check on Mikel and make sure he is okay" as he leaves his father to his fate with the guard and chases after Claudius and Mitri, trying to get between Claduis and the village.

Holding his sword down at his side he beseeches his brother to give himself up. Claudius, can't you see father is in the wrong? I can't let you return to the village now, please give yourself up. I'm your brother and don't want to see you get hurt.

If that fails he will help Mitri subdue him, only using lethal force if Claudius actually strikes a telling blow.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
User avatar
Dartamian
Ogre
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:42 am
Location: Bedford, Virginia

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Dim yells at the guard: "Try to subdue him! We need him alive!", rushing there.
Cedric
Gnoll
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Act 2 - Specularum burning
Scene XI - The Village of Fluvius, 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)


The Vorloi guard manages to hit Tiberius' father, but with less force than expected, failing to knock him down. Larius however in the meantime has gone behind the man, and he effectively knock him down with a short cudgel.
"You are a traladaran kisser, I will kill you!" Claudius screams as Tiberius, but he also tries to slip away.
Mitri and the other guard fails to stop him and Tiberius only succeed in disarming him.
The boy leaves the sword and tries to run away as fast as possible.
Dim in the meantime checks on Mikel, who is hurt and is trying to staunch the blood coming from a wound in his arm.
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Dartamian » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:15 pm

Tiberius chases Claudius and attempts to tackle hm if he can get close enough. If he gets too close to the village he will let him go and help subdue his father.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
User avatar
Dartamian
Ogre
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:42 am
Location: Bedford, Virginia

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Act 2 - Specularum burning
Scene XI - The Village of Fluvius, 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)


Tiberius succeed in tackling Claudius, the boy falls and soon Larius, the other guard and Mitri are upon him too.
Larius tie him up with a rope, and then gag him as the boy keep insulting you and screaming.
"We should now move to your house and decide what to do - Mikel says - we have to be sure your mother and sisters will not warn the village, and we probably should expect a very hostile reaction from the other inhabitants too. And the other adventurers are still in the main square".
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:46 am

Dim helps Mikel to manage the wound, searching for a piece of tissue to slow the bleeding.
"We need to swiftly reach a defensible structure, in the case some villagers reach us with hostile intentions. The farm could be a good location in case of trouble"., says.
Cedric
Gnoll
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Act 2 - Specularum burning
Scene XI - The Village of Fluvius, 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)


You go to Tiberius' family farm with the two prisoners, and Tiberius' mother is quite distressed, she cries and begs Mikel and Tiberius to let her son and husband go, but she doesn't resort to violence.
Larius leaves the group to check on his companions in the village, and soon he returns with the others and the horses. At least two of the adventurers are clearly wounded. "All the men have returned and they have attacked us - Arkan, one of the warriors of the group, says - and they are on our tail. We should leave now!"
Mikel curses.
"I had hoped we could have more time and try to persuade Tiberius' brother and father to talk. We need to know where the ship is headed.. but unless Tiberius thinks he can make them talk now, I think we should go..
Mikel looks at you, while the adventures get ready to leave..
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:39 pm

"We need to go away, fast. Maybe, we can bring with us your brother and / or your father, Tiberius... but this is your call, my friend!", says Dim.
Meanwhile, he swiftly checks around, to see how to defend the building (windows, doors, equipment useful in case of a short siege...): in case of a sudden emergency, or in the dire need of an urgent retreat soon after their departure (if the peasants reach them on the way), he wants to see if the farm is somehow defensible.
Cedric
Gnoll
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Act 2 - Specularum burning
Scene XII - Back to Specularum, 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)


Tiberius' father and brother keep refusing to talk, cursing and threatening. Mikel tells you to give up and leave now, as the villagers are approaching.
You take the horses and ride away as crossbow bolts fall short behind you.
You are back in Specularum, tired and grim, before the evening closure of the gates. But you soon notice the gate is abandoned, and there is an armed mob in the street. This time however , they are thyatians.
A group of armed men approaches you. The apparent leader has a sword and a bottle in his hands, and is partially drunk.
"You seem to be people who can use a weapon. That's good. We need men to burn down the Nest with all the traladarans inside it! We are celebrating the wonderful news that the leaders of the traladaran revolt, the witches Tatjana and Taradain, have been sold as slaves by thyatian patriots. That should teach the scum what's their place. Come with us? Or are you filthy traladaran kissers? It seems you have a stealing gypsy among you, give him to us, we'll hang him as we'll do with all the rats of his kind!" The leader says, watching you suspiciously.
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby RobJN » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:20 pm

Sturm wrote:Act 2 - Specularum burning
Scene XII - Back to Specularum, 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)


Tiberius' father and brother keep refusing to talk, cursing and threatening. Mikel tells you to give up and leave now, as the villagers are approaching.
You take the horses and ride away as crossbow bolts fall short behind you.
You are back in Specularum, tired and grim, before the evening closure of the gates. But you soon notice the gate is abandoned, and there is an armed mob in the street. This time however , they are thyatians.
A group of armed men approaches you. The apparent leader has a sword and a bottle in his hands, and is partially drunk.
"You seem to be people who can use a weapon. That's good. We need men to burn down the Nest with all the traladarans inside it! We are celebrating the wonderful news that the leaders of the traladaran revolt, the witches Tatjana and Taradain, have been sold as slaves by thyatian patriots. That should teach the scum what's their place. Come with us? Or are you filthy traladaran kissers? It seems you have a stealing gypsy among you, give him to us, we'll hang him as we'll do with all the rats of his kind!" The leader says, watching you suspiciously.

Mitri is going to bolt for his place near the Nest, to make sure Sorcha is safe, Thyatians or Traladarans in his path be damned.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Dartamian » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Mitri, I would like to go with you and help if you will have me. We need to protect those in danger in the Nest.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
User avatar
Dartamian
Ogre
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:42 am
Location: Bedford, Virginia

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:11 pm

"We need to understand what is happening here; I'm with you to go to the Nest together, but I think we need to be cautious", Dim says to his friends.
(He hopes that Mikel can take the lead of the situation with the thyatians)
Cedric
Gnoll
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby RobJN » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Dartamian wrote:Mitri, I would like to go with you and help if you will have me. We need to protect those in danger in the Nest.

"Less talking, more running!"
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Dartamian » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:06 am

Let's get moving then.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
User avatar
Dartamian
Ogre
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:42 am
Location: Bedford, Virginia

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Act 2 - Specularum burning
Scene XII - Back to Specularum, 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)


You all run past the men, toward the Nest. Several of the thyatians try to block you, but Mikel and the adventurers immediately attack them, giving you the necessary distraction to escape.
In just a few instants, you are running through the North End and the Merchant District. There is rubbish all over the street and broken windows, but you do not encounter anyone else until you arrive at the limit of the Nest.
There you see a line of, supposedly, thyatians rioters throwing flaming projectiles of various nature, rocks and pieces of wood toward the first houses of the Nest, as the one in which Sorcha and Mitri live.
(see here: http://pandius.com/The_Nest.pdf, the house is near N8, about 500 feet or 150 meters from the Hightower and the Mirror Bay Inn)
Behind the line of thyatians there is clearly a line of residents of the Nest, who are fighting back with everything they have.
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Act 2 - Specularum burning
Scene XII - Back to Specularum, Evening of the 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)


While you are still trying to decide what to do, the thyatian line breaks and the assailants scatter. Several of them are brought down and killed on the spot with stones and other improvised weapons.
Others run away.
"Fall back and extinguish the fires - a female voice screams in traladaran - they will soon be back in greater number". The woman who spoke is Sorcha, Mitri's cousin. Apparently she is leading the traladaran counter attack in this area of the Nest..
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:05 pm

"Mitri, your cousin! Go to reach her, we need to understand what is happening here!", says Dim, while he moves towards the nearest buildings.
Cedric
Gnoll
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby RobJN » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:35 am

"Well, I guess you're feeling better," Mitri says, dashing up to his cousin. He will help get a bucket brigade organized, keeping an eye on the girl to ensure she doesn't over-do it.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Dartamian » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:43 am

Tiberius falls in with Mitri and follows his lead best he can, helping out with the bucket brigade and just trying to help. If the Thyatians come back he will try to misdirect them to some other threat elsewhere.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
User avatar
Dartamian
Ogre
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:42 am
Location: Bedford, Virginia

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:40 pm

Act 2 - Specularum burning
Scene XII - Back to Specularum, 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)


Sorcha tells you the thyatian have attacked the Nest and burned down some houses, including the one where she and Mitri were staying. Local residents however are successfully resisted the assaults, preventing the rioters to devastate the neighbourhood further.
While you are still speaking with her, more thyatians with flaming torches approach. You prepare for the worst, but before they are able to do anything, another group of people attacks them on the flank with magic and arrows, then charges directly into them.
You soon realize it's Mikel with the adventurers and many Vorloi guards, at least a dozen.
The Thyatian rioters are soon dispersed, and the men of the Nest around you cheers loudly.
Mikel comes immediately to speak with you.
"The Karameikan army and the Elven guard are coming - he says - they will stop the riots soon enough. Try not to be in their way, as the soldiers may have some difficulties in telling friends and enemies apart. Two ships are now leaving the docks, one armed by the Vorloi, one by the Torenescu. I am about to leave the city with the Vorloi ship. We will pursue the Black Octopus, to the end of the world if necessary. You may come with me or stay, as you prefer, but you must decide that right now".
Mikel waits for your answer, clearly eager to leave.
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Dartamian » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:13 am

I'm ready to go.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
User avatar
Dartamian
Ogre
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:42 am
Location: Bedford, Virginia

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 am

Act 2 - Specularum burning
Scene XII - Back to Specularum, 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)


Mikel nods and runs to the docks with the adventurers and the Vorloi men. Two ships are ready to leave, the Ivanovitch and the Stefania, quickly boarding men. The Stefania is the Vorloi ship.
You are about 300 feet south of the Hightower, but you can clearly see someone is attacking it.
"Probably Bofar and Lucius are inside - Mikel says - not to mention my comrades. But I cannot help them now, the ship must leave now or we will lost our chance to catch the Black Octopus.. I hope the army will arrive soon enough to save them".

(Dim and Mitri should decide if they board the ship with Mikel and Tiberius, if they stay in the Nest of if they want to try to help Bofar and Lucius besieged in the Hightower).
User avatar
Sturm
Black Dragon
 
Posts: 3161
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:20 pm

"Mitri, do you want to go with Mikel? I think it could be important, now, to help our friends under attack in the Hightower, before chasing the Black Octopus... but I would like to hear what you think about this...", says Dim, in doubt.
Cedric
Gnoll
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby RobJN » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:01 pm

"I will not leave Sorcha," Mitri says, and his cousin went positively green at the hint of sea travel. "We will stay and lend what aid we can to the Hightower."
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 2 Specularum Burning (IC thread)

Postby Cedric » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 pm

"Ok, I will remain with you here in Specularum! We need to help our friends in the Hightower, and once reunited we will think together what to do next..." says Dim.
Cedric
Gnoll
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Italy

PreviousNext

Return to The Crystal Globe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests