[AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:48 am

Fore notes the deep wagon tracks, as well. He kneels down next to Evermithe and looks around, slightly concerned. "What do you think?"


"the most recent tracks look completely normal
but the previous ones were made in considerable haste and with heavily laden wagons by the depth of these ruts
something sent them packing in a hurry
if the halfling was part of a group, why did they leave him behind?"

Evermithe signals the Wagon in to park so the group can set up camp for the night

in the mean time, he checks the firepit to see if it's warm enough still to coax back to life
Lord Sheriff Takari
Orc
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby BPIJonathan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:55 am

Silarilas gets down off his horse, as carefully as possible. He heads over to Evermithe and says "May I be of some assistance?" as he looks for a place to set his gear that would be out of the way.

OOC: Silarilas will be careful about his movement, waiting probably until morning to do anything really strenuous so that he doesn't re injure himself. He will also spend a lot of time looking aroudn to make sure that from what he can see the area is secure, and probably having a healthy fear of beetles about now.
Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com |"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
BPIJonathan
Bonnacon
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Tim's shoulder with the beetle bite still pains him; he realizes that he should probably rest.

But before sitting down to do so, he gathers a few big pieces of deadwood to help rekindle the fire. (Deadwood = limbs and branches from trees that have fallen to the ground over the course of time, because of naturally occurring factors.)
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

In the Forest Clearing (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:46 am

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:
Fore notes the deep wagon tracks, as well. He kneels down next to Evermithe and looks around, slightly concerned. "What do you think?"

"the most recent tracks look completely normal
but the previous ones were made in considerable haste and with heavily laden wagons by the depth of these ruts
something sent them packing in a hurry
if the halfling was part of a group, why did they leave him behind?"

"Hopefully he'll be able to tell us soon," Fore replies. "He did seem to be on his own without a mount. While this trail is well traveled, I don't know anyone who'd travel it alone. It'd be safer to stay put and wait for someone else to show up."

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:Evermithe signals the Wagon in to park so the group can set up camp for the night

Henry leads the wagon into the clearing and brings it to a stop near the firepit. He tends to the horses while Ornia checks on the halfling.

"He's still sleeping," she says.

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:in the mean time, he checks the firepit to see if it's warm enough still to coax back to life
BPIJonathan wrote:Silarilas gets down off his horse, as carefully as possible. He heads over to Evermithe and says "May I be of some assistance?" as he looks for a place to set his gear that would be out of the way.

Evermithe works to get the firepit going again with Siliarilas' help. The coals are ice cold and the two of them are forced to start from scratch.

"I can help with that," Fore offers. He heads off to gather a good supply of wood and tinder. He digs out a fire striker and works with two other elves to get a good fire going. Once they do, Ornia moves the halfling close to the fire to get him warm. She also helps Nerisha from the wagon and settles her near the fire. She has Fore help her make a place for Lady Mirabell next the fire in between her and Nerisha. The girl is still unconscious, but she doesn't look harmed, just tired.

After settling the horses, away from the fire, Henry sits on the opposite side of the fire and refuses to look at her or Ornia. He remains silent and keeps an eye on the halfling who is sleeping soundly. The warmth of the fire helps him a great deal.

BPIJonathan wrote:OOC: Silarilas will be careful about his movement, waiting probably until morning to do anything really strenuous so that he doesn't re injure himself. He will also spend a lot of time looking around to make sure that from what he can see the area is secure, and probably having a healthy fear of beetles about now.

OOC: He is able to help somewhat with the fire, but with fore helping Evermithe, his help isn't really required. Once the fire is going, the warmth helps him a lot. He doesn't see anything that is obviously dangerous, but he twitches involuntarily when a tiny, harmless beetle crawls along the ground in front of him.

Tellerian Hawke wrote:Tim's shoulder with the beetle bite still pains him; he realizes that he should probably rest.

But before sitting down to do so, he gathers a few big pieces of deadwood to help rekindle the fire.

Working alongside Fore, the two of them gather more than enough wood to get them through the night. Fore seems less concerned about finding only deadwood.

"The forest spirits won't mind, as long as we honor them," he says to Tim.

The elven ranger says several prayers while moving around the edge of the encampment. He moves with grace and purpose, almost half-dancing, as he draws symbols in the dirt and scattered scented leaves in the fire. He then sits down next to Siliarilas and offers the fellow elf some raw grass stalks he pulled up from the edge of the clearing. "They're edible," he says. "Won't fill you up, but they're tasty and good for you. I'll try to find some ragwood tubers in the morning. I'm a pretty good cook."

"Mmm, food," the halfling says in the deep dream of sleep.

"He's going to be really hungry when he wakes up," Henry says. "Hins have hardy appetites. Maybe we should wake him."

"No, let him sleep, I say. He's had a rougher day than any of us, well, except maybe Siliarilas." Fore offers a handful of grass stalks to Tim and Evermithe, as well. He motions to Ornia and she shakes her head.

"I'll try some," Nerisha says. Fore goes to gather more and comes back with two full handfuls. He gives some to Nerisha and hands a second helping to Tim. After he sits down, he stares quietly at the fire for a few minutes.

"So, are we going to talk about what happened back there or just forget about it?" He tries not to stare at Lady Mirabell.

"I have nothing more to say," Henry says. He bundles himself up in a blanket and lies down, facing away from the fire.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4060
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:12 am

Evermithe melts out of the trees carrying two canvas pails with clean water
setting them down nearby he rights the kettle and uses a Clean Cantrip on it's interior before setting it next to the fire and pouring in the water
he then scrapes some of the embers around it's base to start heating it up with a large stick

"there is a trail across the road that leads to a good stream just down the hill
it's well marked if anyone needs additional water to clean a wound or to just freshen up a little

I'll be in the Treeline overnight to ensure that anything prowling around chooses someplace else to be rather than here
Lord Sheriff Takari
Orc
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:52 am

Fore wrote:Fore seems less concerned about finding only deadwood. "The forest spirits won't mind, as long as we honor them," he says to Tim.


Tim smiles, "I'm afraid that my intentions are less noble than that, friend Fore; for one, chopping wood is a sign that we've passed this way. Second, I don't want to over-exert myself. I've learned over the years that with significant wounds, it's best not to over-do it, because exertion only serves to exacerbate the wound and prevent it from healing."


Henry wrote: "I have nothing more to say," Henry says. He bundles himself up in a blanket and lies down, facing away from the fire.


Tim sighs at the thought of Henry's short-sightedness, and closed mind, but says nothing.
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

In the Forest Clearing (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:25 am

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:Evermithe melts out of the trees carrying two canvas pails with clean water
setting them down nearby he rights the kettle and uses a Clean Cantrip on it's interior before setting it next to the fire and pouring in the water
he then scrapes some of the embers around it's base to start heating it up with a large stick

"there is a trail across the road that leads to a good stream just down the hill
it's well marked if anyone needs additional water to clean a wound or to just freshen up a little

I'll be in the Treeline overnight to ensure that anything prowling around chooses someplace else to be rather than here

As Evermithe disappears back into the trees, Fore turns to Siliarilas and says, "Well, I guess that's one vote for no."

Tellerian Hawke wrote:
Henry wrote: "I have nothing more to say," Henry says. He bundles himself up in a blanket and lies down, facing away from the fire.


Tim sighs at the thought of Henry's short-sightedness, and closed mind, but says nothing.

Fore sits silently, watching Henry, waiting for the man to fall asleep or at least feign sleep. He sees the look of disapproval on Tim's face and waits to see if he'll ask the two women about Lady Mirabell.

The silence continues for nearly ten minutes before Fore can't hold it in anymore.

"Okay, so how did she do that?" He asks Ornia. "I didn't see her cast a spell or say a prayer, or anything."

"You should really let it go, young one," Ornia insists.

"Oh come on, it's not like its secret from anyone here."

"Fore, a part of it is a secret, from her," Nerisha replies while motioning to the girl. "She isn't completely aware of her abilities. She won't be until we get where we need to go."

"You cannot tell them," Ornia says. "They won't understand."

"What choice do we have?" Nerisha whispers. "Henry knows the truth, and he will make trouble for all of us once we reach Khadfield, despite what he's promised. He'll see it as his duty to warn the constables of what he believes is witchcraft."

"He gave us his word," Fore notes.

"The word of a fearful man isn't worth the sounds made," Nerisha replies.

Fore looks at Henry and then gets up to check to make sure the man is deep asleep. Once he is sure, Fore takes his place on the nearby bench. The halfling snores quietly.

"What would you have us do, lock him in the wagon?"

"I still say we leave him behind tied to a tree," Ornia grumbles.

"We are not going to do that," Fore says shaking his head.

"Agreed," Nerisha insists with a glare at her female companion.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4060
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Postby Knightfall » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:39 am

Half-an-hour passes uneventfully before the young girl finally stirs...

"Wh- where are we," Lady Mirabell whispers, half asleep. "Ornia? Are you there?"

"Yes, miss."

"I cannot see."

"I know," Ornia replies. "It will come back by morning. Rest. Sleep." The fey woman mumbles in the young girls ear and the slip of a girl falls back to sleep. The clearing becomes even more still with her stirrings.

"She's blind?" Fore asks while Big Tim drifts off to sleep suddenly.

"It's only temporary," Nerisha notes. "Her abilities are hard on her. When she wakes in the morning, she won't remember everything that happened. That's why Henry knowing about her is dangerous. If he confronts her, it could cause another flare-up of her powers."

"You tell them too much, Sister." Ornia sighs.

"We're going to need their help, Ornia. We won't make it to the border through Northpass with her on our own."

"Northpass? Wait, we're supposed to take you all to Hwen Hold," Fore asks, confused.

"She cannot go there," Ornia insists. "She is more important than being a bride-price for a noble fool who will treat her badly."
Last edited by Knightfall on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4060
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:20 am

for much of the overnight period

Evermithe silently monitors the camp, drifting through every so often to keep the fire going so there will be plenty of hot coals to cook with come morning
and covering Lady Mirabell with his cloak

he'd overheard the conversation about the girl between the others and Ornia and their concerns regarding Henry

there is little he can do right now about it so he ponders the possibilities as the night creeps on
Lord Sheriff Takari
Orc
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby ShadowJak » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:37 am

Well now that my name is out of the way let me introduce myself
I'm 8' 453 lbs really big beat stick with a nasty hatered for orc
I hale from the land of mystra Blackwood hills area my mother is ogre a beloved shamen
My father was her human play toy a gift from my grandfather
They died during a raid on my encampment by the local Baron's soldiers who were trying to cleanse the land from our kind
I decided to pick up my grandfathers war club to defend our people but was knocked unconscious and left for dead I awoke 3 days later to the burning smell of my parents this cause my mind to slip and the only thing left was Pankake she helped nurse me back to health so I tried to track down these vile evil men to seek revenge I learned how to swing Pankake with her help we have had many adventures together
ShadowJak
Goblin
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:59 am

Introducing Axel Runo!

Postby Knightfall » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:37 am

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:for much of the overnight period

Evermithe silently monitors the camp, drifting through every so often to keep the fire going so there will be plenty of hot coals to cook with come morning
and covering Lady Mirabell with his cloak

he'd overheard the conversation about the girl between the others and Ornia and their concerns regarding Henry

there is little he can do right now about it so he ponders the possibilities as the night creeps on

Big Tim listens to the conversation with interest, but he soon grows very tired. He is soon fast asleep while the others converse.

Fore tries to object to Ornia's insistence that Lady Mirabell will not be going to Hwen Hold, "no mater what."

Nerisha plays peacemaker and suggests they all get some sleep and discuss it in the morning. That calms Ornia down, although she looks at Fore and Siliarilas with a look that is cool, at best.

Soon everyone but Evermithe is sleeping. He silently enters the clearing several times in the night. And hour before dawn, a heavy fog rolls into the region. It's not unusual for such fogs to roll in at night, but something about it feels strange to Evermithe as he covers the human girl with his cloak. It is not eerie. The fog is simply, odd, in his mind. He feels as if something has changed but he doesn't know what it could be. Perhaps its the girl's Fate that has him on edge.

As he heads back out of camp, Evermithe feels a strange warm sensation rub against the back of his neck. It causes him to turn, alert. Lady Mirabell is sitting upright and she seems to be nodding her head at someone, something, unseen. Evermithe finds he cannot move, as his vision begins to swirl around him. The young girl looks at him and mouths the words 'it will be all right, Sir Elf. Rest now.' She then smiles and lays back down to sleep.

No sound came from the girl's mouth, but, now, Evermithe can clearly hear words being spoken in his head.

"You will forget Tymbeck Valencia, Evermithe Woodshadow. He has another destiny. Another like him sleeps now in his place. Axel Runo is your companion now, war wizard. As far as you will remember, he has been with you this whole time. The others will remember this as the truth, as well. But the girl will know.

Now sleep and wake with the dawn!"


Evermithe manages to stumble into the bush before 'being settled' at the base of a big tree. Sleep claims him, as the fog deepens. When the morning comes, he remembers the fog but nothing else.

ShadowJak wrote:OOC: <Well now that my name is out of the way let me introduce myself
I'm 8' 453 lbs really big beat stick with a nasty hatered for orc
I hale from the land of [Mystara] Blackwood Hills area my mother is ogre a beloved shamen
My father was her human play toy a gift from my grandfather
They died during a raid on my encampment by the local Baron's soldiers who were trying to cleanse the land from our kind
I decided to pick up my grandfathers war club to defend our people but was knocked unconscious and left for dead I awoke 3 days later to the burning smell of my parents this cause my mind to slip and the only thing left was Pankake she helped nurse me back to health so I tried to track down these vile evil men to seek revenge I learned how to swing Pankake with her help we have had many adventures together>

"Axel Runo, hear me!"

Axel hears a voice in his head but it doesn't sound like Pankake.

"No, I am not your grandfather's war club," the voice seems to be speaking in darkness. Then Axel notices that he cannot see anything. Everything is black. "We are in your mind, Axel Runo."

Axel tries to stand. He must have hit his head. Only Pankake speaks to him, but he cannot hear her. Why? He finds he cannot stand or even move. Where is Pankake?

"You are not awake, Axel. And, no, this is not a dream. I have need of your services as a warrior. There is this girl... pay attention!"

Axle's mind wanders and the darkness begins to lighten, slightly. Then Axel sees his parents. They are alive and standing in front of him. But, no, they are dead.

"Pay attention, half-ogre! You are not in the Blackwood Hills anymore. You are a place called Vrocia, which is worlds away from the Seas of Mystaros. You are needed to help protect a young woman. She is important to Vrocia's future."

Vrocia? Axel thinks to himself. Never heard of it. Mystaros, that name he knows, but his people call it something else.

"If you help the girl, it will benefit you greatly. The gods will be with you in your hunt for your parent's killers."

That got Axel's attention, causing his mind to focus. The darkness fades and he is now standing with Pankake in his hand in a mountain valley at the edge of a lake. There are green fields and forests in the distance. Beyond are high mountains covered in snow.

"You are still in your mind, Axel." The voice is closer. Axel turns to see a tall woman made of wood standing behind him. "I am Gacrena. I am one of Vrocia's guardian spirits, and I need your help. You must take the place of another of your kind who has been spirited away to another world. He was an important protector. There is a human girl, Mirabell Littlechild, who needs to be saved from those who would do her harm. Like you, she has been taken from her family, but she has a chance to return to them. She will need your help for this to happen."

The goddess Gacrena shows Axel a clearing in a wooded area. There is a warm fire and several people are sleeping around it. There are several pointy-eared elves, a hin, a frail looking human, and a human child who looks like she would break in half should a pebble hit her.

"That is her," Gacrena says. "You and these others must protect her with your lives, and in return, I promise to help you gain your revenge on the men who killed your family."

Axel sees someone else sleeping by the fire. A half-ogre, like him. No, wait, it is me! But it shouldn't be me! He thinks.

"When they wake, they will believe you have been traveling with them all this time. They will know things about you but not everything. But you will know the truth of where you come from and how you came to be here. If you tell them, they may or may not believe you. It would be best for you not to burden them with this knowledge. The truth will come out, eventually."

Axel watches as another elf enters the clearing. He doesn't seem hostile, but he does seem tough, well, for a elf man. The elf quickly moves around the camp tending to the fire and covering the girl with his cloak. Then he begins walking towards the woods. The goddess steps towards the human child and taps her gentle on the shoulder. The child sits up and looks directly at the goddess. The two of them seem to speak to each other but Axel cannot hear their words. The girl looks towards the elf walking from the glade. He abruptly stops and turns. He sees the girl but not the goddess. The girl nods and seems to say something to the elf man. He wobbles away towards the woods.

"He will not remember any of this, Axel." The goddess is now standing next to him and next to the girl. At the same time. Axel's head hurts. "The girl will know who you are and who you replaced. Her mind is already too strong for me to erase. And I cannot blank your mind. It is alien to me. So chaotic. I'm sorry that you will be burdened with this secret. Now sleep, Axel. Sleep and wake with the dawn."

With that the darkness engulfs Axel once again and his mind goes dark, as if he passed out from too much drink.

Dawn...
The clearing is covered with a slight frost, but the embers of the flames have not yet gone out. Sun glints through the trees. There are wisps of fog above the treetops but the ground is clear. Dew has settled on the leaves and grass.

Fore turns over in his sleep and rolls into Axel. The big half-ogre is soon wide awake. The little girl is awake and holding her hands over the smouldering coals. She still has Evermithe's cloak, wrapped around her.

"Good morning, Axel," Mirabell says quietly, as not to wake the others. "How are you feeling this morning?"

The halfling snorts and then keeps on snoring. The girl giggles. The elf named Fore yawns and stretches. He almost kicks the coals out of the fire and onto Ornia.

Axel knows them. He knows their names. He knows some of their stories. The goddess hadn't mentioned that to him. So, it hadn't been a dream. It had been real. He was somewhere else, worlds away.

"Try not to think about it too much," Mirabell suggests in a whisper. "It will just make the situation more confusing. I promise you we will tell them the truth, eventually. And I promise that the goddess will help you find the people that killed your family." She pauses. "I am sorry that happened to you."

In the treeline, Evermithe wakes up at the base of a tree with no idea how he got there or how he fell asleep.
Last edited by Knightfall on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4060
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:08 am

the young elf stirs to wakefulness and shakes the cobwebs from his mind as he rises

he walks over to the fire picking up several twigs and small sticks to coax the fire back up

"that fight must have taken more out of me than I thought."
he comments as he places several logs onto the restored fire in a particular manner to maximize the
heat thrown out and around the local area after tapping on Fore's Ankle firmly <enough to rouse him up>

"HEY Fore! You're about to light your Boot on Fire!"

he turns to see the Lady Mirabell awake
"Good Morrow M'Lady, did you sleep well last night?"

"Morning Axel, Ornia."
Lord Sheriff Takari
Orc
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby ShadowJak » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:44 am

Axel sits runs his eyes still blinking out the sandmans sand he try's to sit up knowing that his head hurts but he needs to visit Mother Nature so not waiting Axel gets up suddenly and walks into the woods to do his business dragging Pankake growling about last night after about 20 mins he returns and takes a seat near the fire looking fir something to eat pankake tells him that we are on a new adventure Axel smiles
Now Axel looks at this group knowing that he has been told they know who he is he nods to the group and grabs something to eat knowing that's it's easier to keep his mouth shut by stuffing food into it and pankake agrees she is still concerned as to why we are here but has not said anything yet this hooman child is creeping Axel out with her being so nice to him the elves are weak but useful and that noisy halfling would make a good snack but for now filling his belly and getting a good work out is on his mind Pankake is whispering something about a Goddess talking to her but is still complaining about needing a bath Axel speaks up " not now Pankake I'm eating we bathe later in the blood of our enemies now let me eat woman "
ShadowJak
Goblin
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:59 am

The halfling wakes up...

Postby Knightfall » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:the young elf stirs to wakefulness and shakes the cobwebs from his mind as he rises

he walks over to the fire picking up several twigs and small sticks to coax the fire back up

"that fight must have taken more out of me than I thought."
he comments as he places several logs onto the restored fire in a particular manner to maximize the
heat thrown out and around the local area after tapping on Fore's Ankle firmly <enough to rouse him up>

"HEY Fore! You're about to light your Boot on Fire!"

"Wh- what!?" Fore wakes with a start. He sees his boot near the fire pit and quickly sidles back fro the embers. He looks up at Evermithe with a dozy smile and yawns, "Thanks."

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:he turns to see the Lady Mirabell awake
"Good Morrow M'Lady, did you sleep well last night?"

Lady Mirabell nods. "Very well, thank you. It was a bit chilly, but I'm okay." She holds up the ends of Evermithe's cloak, "Thank you."

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:"Morning Axel, Ornia."

ShadowJak wrote:Axel sits runs his eyes still blinking out the sandmans sand he try's to sit up knowing that his head hurts but he needs to visit Mother Nature so not waiting Axel gets up suddenly and walks into the woods to do his business dragging Pankake growling about last night

Evermithe watches the half-ogre walk into the woods with some mild unease in his gut. He and the brutish warrior are polar opposites, yet the big man had fought well agianst the beetles. Hadn't he? The young elven war wizard's head is still a bit hazy.

"Good morning," Ornia says politely. "You like to be by yourself, it seems. That, I can understand." She looks at Lady Mirabell and then at Nerisha who is still sleeping. The elf woman's wounds were very severe. More rest would be good for her.

"Good morning, Mir-,, uh, Lady Mirabell." Fore says sheepishly. She smiles at him shyly while Ornia stares down the elf. She points to one eye and then at Fore. He shrugs his shoulders, gets up, and goes to check on the mounts.

ShadowJak wrote:after about 20 mins [Axel] returns and takes a seat near the fire looking fir something to eat pankake tells him that we are on a new adventure Axel smiles
Now Axel looks at this group knowing that he has been told they know who he is he nods to the group and grabs something to eat knowing that's it's easier to keep his mouth shut by stuffing food into it and pankake agrees she is still concerned as to why we are here but has not said anything
yet this hooman child is creeping Axel out with her being so nice to him the elves are weak but useful and that noisy halfling would make a good snack but for now filling his belly and getting a good work out is on his mind

The available food that Evermithe prepares barely sates Axel's hunger. The food is good but it isn't meaty. He tries to fill up on bread.

"Hey Axel, leave some for me," Fore jokes. He comes back to the fire and sits next to Axel. Axel has this sense that he likes Fore, or will like him.

ShadowJak wrote:Pankake is whispering something about a Goddess talking to her but is still complaining about needing a bath Axel speaks up " not now Pankake I'm eating we bathe later in the blood of our enemies now let me eat woman "

Axel's words rouse the halfling. He wakes, startled. Then he sees Axel and begins screaming. "Don't eat me! Don't eat me!"

"Calm down, friend," Ornia exclaims. "He's not going to eat you." The fey woman looks at Axel, uncertain. "No one here will hurt you."

"What is going on?" Nerisha yawns. The halfing's screams woke her up.

"The halfling is awake," Fore mumbles as he eats.

"My, my n-name is K-Kepli," The hin stammers. "Kepli Batel! W-where am I? Where are the others?"

Pankake whispers to Axel to pay attention to the little one. 'There could be foes to kill. For his others aren't here. Someone may have taken them.'
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4060
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:45 pm

"Good morning," Ornia says politely. "You like to be by yourself, it seems. That, I can understand."


"I actually do prefer company, but given the injuries most of us have suffered, I felt it was better to let everyone sleep in order to recover their energy

not only that, but should someone have tried to enter Camp.
their distraction resulting from looking at the fire would disrupt their night vision further blinding them to my presence in the trees
and enabling me to gain a tactical advantage as well as surprise"

Evermithe then turns to the startled Halfling

"you are safe now,
we found you yesterday along the road where you had been attacked by several giant beetles
we've tended and bound your wounds, but I'm concerned that there were no others with you on the road"

"Fore, see that Henry tends to the horses and gets everything prepped for departure
we'll need to do a bit of Hunting today.
while we had factored a bit for Axel's appetite, Halflings too have a very healthy appetite which we will need to adjust for."
Lord Sheriff Takari
Orc
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Knightfall » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:49 am

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:
"Good morning," Ornia says politely. "You like to be by yourself, it seems. That, I can understand."

"I actually do prefer company, but given the injuries most of us have suffered, I felt it was better to let everyone sleep in order to recover their energy

not only that, but should someone have tried to enter Camp.
their distraction resulting from looking at the fire would disrupt their night vision further blinding them to my presence in the trees
and enabling me to gain a tactical advantage as well as surprise"

"Sensible tactics," Ornia nods approvingly. "I'm glad your with us and not against us, war wizard."

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:Evermithe then turns to the startled Halfling

"you are safe now,
we found you yesterday along the road where you had been attacked by several giant beetles
we've tended and bound your wounds, but I'm concerned that there were no others with you on the road"

The halfling takes a minute to calm down, once he realizes that Axel isn't going to eat him. "There is a good reason for that, I'm afraid. My companions and I were on our way back to Kara's Vale from Khadfield, but we decided to take one of the shorter trails -- a trail called the Redrun."

"You're lucky to be alive!" Fore exclaims. "That trail is highly dangerous!" Fore turns to Evermithe "The Redrun is not only treacherous to hike, it is near several dens that monsters lair up in. Likely, Kepli and his group disturbed the beetles and were attacked from below."

"Yes, but it wasn't beetles, at first," the hin says. "A small group of goblins attacked from several hidden pits. We managed to fight them off, but Ol' Winnie was killed."

"Your friend?" Ornia asks.

"Yes, my loyal pony," the hin sighs.

"I'm surprised you got ponies through that trail," Fore says, shaking his head.

"It was a mistake for sure," Kepli replies.

"How many others were with you?" Nerisha asks.

"Four, not including our ponies and Jimi's riding dog, Lil' Sourface. Poor Jimi. He fell and broke his neck. His mount refused to leave his grave."

"Where is this Redrun?" Ornia asks, concerned.

"In the deeper part of the woods to the north. The distance from Khadfield to Kara's Vale is shorter along that trail, but it is very dangerous and narrow. There are tree roots all along it. Wagons can't pass through it. Only the toughest foresters would ever dare to travel it and never alone." Fore uses a stick to draw in the dirt to show where the Redrun is in comparison to the main trail.

"Are the others still alive?" Lady Mirabell asks Kepli. "Or did the beetles... take them."

"I don't know. When the beetles appeared, I got separated from the others. Blast! I knew we should have waited for Felgar. He's going to be mad I went off alone again."

"Another friend?" Fore asks.

"A very good friend. He's saved my life more times than I can ever thank him for. Not that he'd ever ask for such a thank you."

"We should try to find his friends," Lady Mirabell suggests. "If they're still alive, we-"

"Lady Mirabell, we cannot," Ornia insists. She looks at Kepli. "I'm sorry that you lost your friends, but considering how many beetles we faced, there is no chance any of them are alive."

"I- I understand."

"Now wait a minute," Fore says. "We should all have a say in this. Axel? Siliarilas? What do you think we should do? Nerisha?"

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:"Fore, see that Henry tends to the horses and gets everything prepped for departure
we'll need to do a bit of Hunting today.
while we had factored a bit for Axel's appetite, Halflings too have a very healthy appetite which we will need to adjust for."

Fore nods and then asks Evermithe. You've taken charge of this group. What do you think?"

Fore waits for an answer while he gathers up his gear near the fire. Then he looks for Henry, but doesn't see him sleeping by the fire. Looking around the clearing, Fore doesn't see the man anywhere.

"Uhm, does anyone know where Henry is?" Fore asks.

Evermithe hadn't noticed that the troublesome human was missing from around the fire. The last time he'd checked during the night, everyone had been present around the fire. That had been just before the fog had rolled in. Had Henry used the cover of the fog to slip away?
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4060
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby ShadowJak » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 am

Well now that I have eaten and been informed about the missing halflings Axel speaks up "I say it's time to feed Pankake and she has a very big appetite" Axel picks up Pankake holding her above his head so she can get a good look at everyone here Pankake whispers to him " I don't trust the wee one but I'm hungry so I say we go look for it's friends and we both shall dine on the sweet nectar of victory and maybe kill some goblins for fun " Axel nods to Pankake and speaks again "but I don't like halfling orcs taste so much better we go looking for more halfling then we eat less I don't like eat less me like eat more and elf don't know how to feeds us so we need to get food " Pankake Agrees Axel stands up " Ok we go look for Halfling and get more food we kill goblins for fun halfling fat make good pillow to sleep on maybe they know where bad men are I done now " Axel sits down and places Pankake next to him but keeps an eye on the creepy hooman child
ShadowJak
Goblin
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:59 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Boneguard » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:52 am

As the group were discussing with the Hin, some rustling through the leaves from the direction of khadfield. A fuming gnome came out shortly after, upon seeing the Hindu amongst the group.

"There ye' are ye' little rascal! How many time must I tell ye' to run yer travel plans by me? It's a marvel ye're still alive?" He looked around. "Where are the others? I was told others left with ye'?"

Suddenly realising email address ot introduced himself yet. "Felgar Darkshine, Sternshield of Gaerdal Ironhand." He simply stated.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
User avatar
Boneguard
Stone Giant
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Boneguard » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:52 am

Accidentally double posted
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
User avatar
Boneguard
Stone Giant
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Knightfall » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:24 am

ShadowJak wrote:Well now that I have eaten and been informed about the missing halflings Axel speaks up "I say it's time to feed Pankake and she has a very big appetite" Axel picks up Pankake holding her above his head so she can get a good look at everyone here Pankake whispers to him "I don't trust the wee one but I'm hungry so I say we go look for it's friends and we both shall dine on the sweet nectar of victory and maybe kill some goblins for fun" Axel nods to Pankake and speaks again "But I don't like halfling, orcs taste so much better, we go looking for more halfling then we eat less, I don't like eat less, me like eat more and elf don't know how to feeds us, so we need to get food" Pankake Agrees Axel stands up "Ok we go look for Halfling and get more food, we kill goblins for fun, halfling fat, make good pillow to sleep on, maybe they know where bad men are, I done now" Axel sits down and places Pankake next to him but keeps an eye on the creepy hooman child

"More food, got it," Fore replies once Axel is done. "I'll see if I can find a buck that we can roast over the fire. But rabbit will be more likely."

Fore heads out into the trees to hunt for something, larger, that he knows will sate the half-ogre's hunger. He wonders where Henry has gone, but he knows wil ltrak him down, if anyone really cares.

"I agree with Axel," Nerisha says. Ornia looks at her Sister as if she's grown a second head. "We can't just leave innocents to die in forest if there is any chance they can be saved."

"No!"

"It's not up to you, Ornia," Lady Mirabell insists. "You might be here to protect me, but you do not control me or them. Do I make myself clear?"

For a moment, Ornia looks like she's going to continue to object. Her mouth gapes open and then she sighs and nods her head.

"Thank you, thank you, good lady," Kepli says enthusiasically. He gets up, slowly, and moves to shake Lady Mirabell's hand. She hugs him back much to his surprise.

Boneguard wrote:As the group were discussing with the Hin, some rustling through the leaves from the direction of khadfield. A fuming gnome came out shortly after, upon seeing the Hindu amongst the group.

"There ye' are ye' little rascal! How many time must I tell ye' to run yer travel plans by me? It's a marvel ye're still alive?" He looked around. "Where are the others? I was told others left with ye'?"

"Felgar!" Kepli tries to run over to his friend, but he's still too weak to do anything but limp. "You're found me! You're here! Oh, the others... Felgar, it's not good. We took a bad trail and there were goblins and giant beetles. I lost the others. Jimi is dead. And poor Ol' Winnie. The goblin's killed him. The beetles almost killed me. If these heroes hadn't come along, I'd be filling some giant bug's gut."

Boneguard wrote:Suddenly realising [to] introduced himself yet. "Felgar Darkshine, Sternshield of Gaerdal Ironhand." He simply stated.

"Yes, yes, proper introductions!" Kepli limps, first to his friend, and then back with the gnome to the others around the fire. "This is him! My friend I told you about! Oh, it's so good that you're here, Felgar. This nice lady has agreed to help look for the others -- Ausan, Bertolph, and Dobrim. But not poor Jimi. He fell and broke his neck in the woods. His riding dog, Lil' Sourface, wouldn't leave the foot of Jimi's grave no matter what we did. I guess we should find his grave and give a more proper burial. We were in a hurry. We were afraid that more goblins would come. That was before the beetles appeared out of nowhere."

"Hello," Lady Mirabell waits until Kepli takes a breath and then introduces herself to Felgar. "I am glad to meet you, Mr. Darkshine. I know of your god, but I've never met a Sternshield before. Did I say that right?"

"I am glad to make your acquaintance, Sternshield," Ornia stands and bows respectfully. Felgar can see and sense the fey in her. "Your friend here was lucky indeed that we came along. We saved him from a number of giant beetles including something called a Red Borer."

The others greet the gnome one by one. Eventually, Fore comes back from his hunt with a young stag on his back. He is more than a little surprised by the gnome's presence.

"Uhm, someone want to clue me in?"
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 4060
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:40 am

"this Redrun trail is too narrow and rough to even consider getting the wagon near it's route.
however, I just might have a means to gauge the Redrun and maybe, spot if anyone else might still be alive
somewhere along it"

looking around, he takes note of Henry's absence with concern
"Ornia, where is Henry?
he was here right up until the fog moved in early this morning."

Evermithe steps away from the fire and the parked wagon and lets out a sharp yet pure whistling note while looking upward into the morning sky

seconds later, a gleaming flash of green streaks across the clearing and lands on his outstretched arm
everyone can now see the flash is a Bird of Prey and arguably the most magnificent Falcon they have ever seen!
his brilliant Emerald Green plumage sparkles in the sunlight as the elf softly speaks to it as he returns nearer the fire.

the bird gazes upon the assembled group with it's piercing golden eyes almost as if seeing straight through them
Lord Sheriff Takari
Orc
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Previous

Return to The Crystal Globe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests