[Almagra] AD&D2E PbP Game: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:58 am

OOC:
Image


Tim brings his blade down on the Beetle that knocked out Siliarilis... "Red Borer? Meet the SCARLET CROSS!" Tim grits his teeth as he completes the swing, hoping it is enough to stop the vermin in his tracks.
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

Beetle Ambush (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Tellerian Hawke wrote:Tim brings his blade down on the Beetle that knocked out Siliarilis... "Red Borer? Meet the SCARLET CROSS!" Tim grits his teeth as he completes the swing, hoping it is enough to stop the vermin in his tracks.

The half-ogre's blade cuts the beetle in half near its head. The monstrous vermin goes down in spray of black bile that covers Fore's back and hair.

"Watch where you're spraying that stuff," Fore says with darkly chuckle.
Last edited by Knightfall on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Beetle Ambush (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:11 am

From Facebook Group wrote:OOC: Evermithe will try to intercept the Horse before it gets too far away
if it gets ahead of him he'll be hard pressed to catch it

Evermithe watches the horse bolt away from the giant beetle. Moving quickly to intercept it, he decides to let the others handle the remaining two beetles for now. He runs along the branches of the trees and drops down to the ground in front of the horse. He puts his hands up to stop the equine and grabs a hold of the reins before it can rear back and dislodge Siliarilas from the saddle. It takes him some time to calm the horse down before he can grab a hold of Siliarilas and ease him off the horse.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Beetle Ambush (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:17 am

From Facebook group wrote:OOC: I attack whatever the next closest Beetle is:

Tim roundhouses his blade towards the massive Red Borer and tries to take its head off as well. Unfortunately, his blade skitters off the tough chitinous hide of the monstrous vermin.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Beetle Ambush (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:22 am

Evermithe helps Siliarilas as best he can. Looking through the other elf's pack, he finds a healing potion ad pours it down Siliarilas throat. The potion heals the elf to point where is looks like he'll live.

Fore finds an opening and manges to strike the Red Borer with a glancing blow that does some damage. As he dances the dance of death with the massive beetle, Urkold strikes the other beetle solidly with his weapon. While off balance, however, the beetle bites deep into the warriors chest. Blood gurgles from the man's mouth an he goes down.

"Damn it," Ornia curses.

The Red Borer latches onto Fore with a malevolent hunger in its eyes. It bites down but Fore manages to slip away with only a minor wound.

"That was close," he says.

Ornia slams her broad sword down on the other beetle's back but it slips away over its hard chitin.

"Evermithe, I hope you're nearby," Fore yells. "We need you! Now!"
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:03 am

As the Red Borer skitters around Tim's right side to take a shot at Fore, it leaves itself vulnerable to Tim's blade. "Come on, big boy, let's see what you've got!" Tim exclaims, as he lands a solid blow, injuring the big red brute, but falling short of killing it.
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

Beetle Ambush (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:13 am

The Red Borer makes a sound that is part chitter part growl, as it turns its eyes on Tim. The half-ogre can tell its coming at him next.

"Die you brutish thing," Ornia yells. She brings her broad sword down on the other beetle a third time. This time the blade sinks deep into its chitin. The beetle shudders and then falsl down dead next to Urkold who is right near the beetle's mandibles.

"Yes!" Fore yells.
Last edited by Knightfall on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Beetle Ambush (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:00 am

The Red Borer bites down hard on Tim's shoulder opposite his shield. It is a telling blow, and Tim can feel acid in the beetle's saliva burn him. While the beetle is distracted with the big half-ogre, Ornia spurs her horse around the carcass of the other beetle and brings her sword down on the Red Borer. The beetle's chitin cracks.

Fore slips underneath the beetle and drives his blade deep into its underbelly. He then rolls away before he's covered in gore.

"Finish it, Tim!" Fore yells.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:20 am

Tim growls with anger as the thing bites him; as the others converge, the big brute cannot help but leave its flank exposed. It is too big and clumsy to fend off so many attackers on all sides. Fore lands a telling blow against the foul thing, causing it to backpedal in an attempt to re-adjust its attack posture. But its slow, predictable movements give Tim the opportunity he needs to riposte; in a maneuver that looks as if it were perfected on a long-past battlefield, Tim takes a half-step forward, using his shield to push the thing back, just far enough to enable him to bring the massive sword down in a perfect arc, splitting the thing in twain, showering everyone in the vicinity with putrid beetle entrails!
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:47 pm

after tending to Silarilus and binding his wounds
Evermithe calls out to the others

"I've got Silarilus, but he's down for the count and in pretty rough shape
problem is I only have one small potion on me and there's a Halfling in the brush over there <pointing to where the fallen Hobbit lies>
I don't think he's dead"

quickly looping Sil's horse's reins over a cut branch to keep it from wandering off
he moves to check the Halfling and carefully pulls him from the underbrush to look him over and apply a healing salve to visible bite marks if he's still alive
once the wounds are bound and bleeding stopped he will quickly look through the Halfling's pack to see if by chance he has a healing potion in there
and use it on the halfling
Lord Sheriff Takari
Gnoll
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Fight Aftermath

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:46 pm

"The beetles are all dead," Fore calls in response. Evermithe can hear some relief in in the fellow elf's voice. He checks on Urkold and finds that the big man is beyond help. With a sigh he looks at Tim and shakes his head. "He's gone."

"Nerisha!" Ornia quickly climbs from her mount and bends over the fallen human woman. "Sister, please no." She turns Nerisha over and finds that she's still alive. "Thank the Mistress," she say. "She's alive but just barely." Ornia removes her helmet and begins binder her sister's wounds.

"Is it over?" Henry asks from on top of the wagon.

"Yes, you coward," Ornia yells at him.

"I am not a fighter, Lady Redfall. Guards, guard."

"You could have at least watched the horses," she snaps.

"Take it easy on him," Fore says. "If he doesn't know how to fight then hiding was the best choice for him." The wood elf begins looking for the halfling that Evermithe point towards. It doesn't take him long to find the small man lying on his back. The beetle had just begun to try to eat the halfling when Evermithe came across it. Fore pulls the halfling away from the dead beetle and begins binding his wounds. "The halfling's still alive. Just barely. He's going to need a healer or he won't past the night."

"It is safe to come out," the girl calls out from inside the enclosed wagon.

"No, milady! Stay in the wagon!" Henry insists. "There could be more danger!"

"Nerisha needs your help, Mirabell!" Ornia shouts.

"What are you babbling about," Henry insists. "Lady Mirabell cannot come out in the middle of this carnage. And what good would that do?"

Shut up you human toadie," Ornia growls. "Now, Mriabell!"

"I'm coming," the lady says.

"Oh no you're not," Henry says. He slides off of the wagon and puts a foot to the door. "You will stay inside where it is safe."

"What in the High Trees are you people yammering about?" Fore shouts confused.

"Get away from that door or I'll gut you," Ornia marches towards Henry with her blade ready.

"Stay away," he shouts. He looks at Big Tim with fear in his eyes. "You must help. Stop her!"
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:39 am

on hearing the argument Evermithe turns his attention there
seeing ornia with weapon bared still, he interposes himself between the two glaring Ornia down

"Stand Down Ornia!" Evermithe's War Wizard Leadership and tone in his voice conveying real power

she can clearly see he's got an arrow nocked in his bow ready to fire with nothing more than a pull on the bowstring
Lord Sheriff Takari
Gnoll
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Knightfall » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:54 am

Evermithe wrote:OOC: since Evermithe is now near the wagon he clearly hears the argument and see's Ornia approaching with her blade still drawn angrily at the driver
he interposes himself between the two and stares down Ornia and ordering her to Stand Down! <War Wizard Leadership influence applies here as his voice conveys power>
what does she do?

As Evermithe steps in front of her and stares the woman down, Ornia looks him directly in his eyes with her weapon low. Without her helmet, Evermithe can see that there is much more to Ornia than first appearances had show. She is not completely human. In fact, she's not human at all. He can immediately see the elf in her. Her features are a mix of grey and high blood but that is not all. There is a sparkle behind the fierceness of her eyes. As she angers, her skin turns green instead of red on her cheeks. She keeps her blade down as she comes within a foot of Evermithe's drawn bow. Her hair is naturally twined with delicate vines and her eyebrows are the color of grass in the fall.

"You fought well, War Wizard, she says. "A credit to your training no doubt. I do not wish to fight you, but I must save my Sister. The girl, Lady Mirabell can help her and the others." She points towards Fore where the halfling lays. "But she cannot help trapped inside the wagon where this human wishes to keep her confined. Now, please, let her come out!"

"I can help them," the lady insists. "Please, you must let me! Henry! Get away from the door!"

"NO!" Henry points at Evermithe. "You were hired to protect Lady Mirabell not listen to this, this thing!" Henry looks at Ornia with contempt. "I knew there was something strange about you, but I never suspected this! No wonder you always seem to be somewhere else when we camped, but Lady Mirabell told me that everything was fine. You are a witch and you have corrupted her!"

"HENRY! MOVE!" The girl yells in a high, unnatural voice. The ground around the man shudders and the door is thrown open against him, knocking him down. The girl steps out of the wagon. Her hair is blowing in a wind that is not there and her eyes are white with light. She turns to Evermithe and points her hand at Evermithe. She is still a slip of a girl but there is power in her that was hidden. "Please, I must help her!"

"What the-," is all Fore can say.

Henry stares at her in shock. He is fearful. The horses are immediately calm in her presence.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:19 am

The girl steps out of the wagon. Her hair is blowing in a wind that is not there and her eyes are white with light. She turns to Evermithe and poitns her hand at Evermithe. She is still a slip of a girl but there is power in her that was hidden. "Please, I must help her!"


Evermithe turns to her and bows respectfully

"M'Lady, if you possess clerical Healing please, do what you can for our wounded companions and your friend
we will protect you while you tend to them
but please. when you have done what you can, return to the wagon for your safety

he turns a fiery glare to Henry

"On your feet Henry!
go help bring our wounded back to the wagon along with Silarilas's horse" he states with a stern tone

turning to Tim

"what coin do we have on hand Tim?" his tone polite

"we are going to need healing potions to continue and likely a replacement for our fallen comrade
we are maybe an hour out of Kara's Vale and if I ride fast I can return there to buy potions and bring a few guards out to recover our fallen
so they may be given proper Funerary Rights
Lord Sheriff Takari
Gnoll
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:43 am

Tim is taken aback by Lady Mirabelle's show of power; he had been about to intervene on Henry's behalf, citing the exact terms of the contract, which indeed were as Henry said. His hesitation was only due to Ornia's unusual insistence on Lady Mirabelle's presence. He had been wondering what Ornia knew that he did not. His internal struggle came to an end upon Lady Mirabelle's sudden forcefulness; not only was she his better, in terms of social rank, but her display of power left no doubt in Tim's mind as to whom was giving the orders. Tim goes down on one knee, saying "I am at your service m'Lady."

Still kneeling, head bowed, not having been relieved by Lady Mirabelle, Tim replies to Evermithe:

"I am very short on actual coin; but I have plentiful supplies, should you have need of them, my friend."
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Knightfall » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:38 am

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:
The girl steps out of the wagon. Her hair is blowing in a wind that is not there and her eyes are white with light. She turns to Evermithe and poitns her hand at Evermithe. She is still a slip of a girl but there is power in her that was hidden. "Please, I must help her!"


Evermithe turns to her and bows respectfully

"M'Lady, if you possess clerical Healing please, do what you can for our wounded companions and your friend
we will protect you while you tend to them
but please. when you have done what you can, return to the wagon for your safety

The visage of Lady Mirabell softens and the white glow in her eyes become pinpricks. She acknowledge Evermithe with a nod and walks, no, almost glides, to the fallen Nerisha and kneels down next to the fallen warrior. She closes her eyes and lays her hands on the human woman. A pale green glow encompasses both of them. The wound from the beetle's bite closes completely and Nerisha opens her eyes.

"M-mistress," she says to Lady Mirabell with a smile. She notices both Evermithe and Tim watching and her face becomes serious. "No, you shouldn't have revealed yourself to them. It will make it harder to take you to-"

"You needed me," the girl replies.

"B-but, t-they'll st-top.."

"Hush, Sister," Ornia says as she kneels down next to Nerisha. "We'll worry about that later." Ornia looks at Evermithe with a look that is hard to interpret. Evermithe believes there is both fear and hope.

Evermithe noticed that as the young girl moved from the wagon to Nerisha the plants near her along the trail seemed drawn to her and tiny flowers sprouted where her feet passed over the ground. No one else but Ornia noticed.

Lady Mirabell moves to Urkold and tries to heal the big man. He sighs softly when she realizes he is beyond help. She bends down and kiss the man on his forehead. "I thank you again for saving my life. I wish I could have done the same."

She instinctively moves towards Fore with Ornia close behind her. She kneels next to the dying halfling and quickly uses her healing ability to close the worst of his wounds. The halfling remains unconscious by his breathing eases, considerably.

"W-where is the other one?" she asks.

"No, mistress, you've done enough," Ornia insist. "Their companion isn't dying."

"T-take me t-to him," Mirabell insists.

Ornia sighs in resignation and leads the slip of a girl to Silarilas. She uses her healing on the elf, which improves Silarilas color and eases his discomfort.

"You will be stronger, sooner, elf friend," she says. Then she collapses onto the ground, exhausted,

"Damn it!" Ornia scoops up the child in her arms and carries her quickly towards the wagon. She nearly knocks over Fore as the wood elf watches in awe. "Move!" Ornia barks at Fore.

Fore steps back deftly and then he and the others watch as Ornia takes the girl into the the wagon and partially closes the door behind her.

"By Gacrena," Fore mumbles. "I've never seen anything like that before. She healed them without casting a spell. How is that possible?"

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:he turns a fiery glare to Henry

"On your feet Henry!
go help bring our wounded back to the wagon along with Silarilas's horse" he states with a stern tone

Henry scurries away from Evermithe on the ground. He watches in terror as the young girl heals Nerisha. "W-witch," he whispers before his sees Evermithe's glaring eyes.

He moves away from Lady Mirabell into the trees in the direction of Silarilas and his horse. He looks at the elf and then at his horse. Silarilas immediately can sense the man's desire to take the horse and flee, but can't do anything to stop him. Henry balks as Silarilas looks at him, and when Lady Mirabell comes near, Henry quickly leads Silarilas's horse back to the wagon and then goes to check on the halfling. He doesn't come back to the wagon with the halfling until Ornia carries the girl to the wagon.

Tellerian Hawke wrote:Tim is taken aback by Lady Mirabelle's show of power; he had been about to intervene on Henry's behalf, citing the exact terms of the contract, which indeed were as Henry said. His hesitation was only due to Ornia's unusual insistence on Lady Mirabelle's presence. He had been wondering what Ornia knew that he did not. His internal struggle came to an end upon Lady Mirabelle's sudden forcefulness; not only was she his better, in terms of social rank, but her display of power left no doubt in Tim's mind as to whom was giving the orders. Tim goes down on one knee, saying "I am at your service m'Lady."

As Lady Mirabell passes Tim, heading towards the halfling, she touches him on his arm. He feels a tingling across his entire body and he hears her voice in his head. "Thank you for your bravery today, Sir Knight. I am sorry for the dilemma you will face once all is revealed."

Tim sees a vision in his mind: He sees Lady Mirabell's marriage in the halls of Hwen Hold to a tall man with a heavy beard. She is obediant and sad even as those around her rejoice. Then he sees Nerisha crying in a forest grove over a grave with a marker that says Ornia Redfall. Nerisha has broken manacles around her feet and wrists and she is older. As she stands and steps back, the forest around her begins to burn. He watches as this fire sweeps through all the forests of Vrocia. Civilization swells across the valleys of the kingdom but the widlerness is broken and tamed. The people thrive and trumpets sound in glory. Knights march and he sees himself leading his order in honor with Fore by his side. Evermithe stands on a lone hill next to a grave marked with a scrawled star on it. Silarilas stands behind him with his head bowed low.

The vision shifts and he, instead, sees Mirabell standing at the center of a henge of stones surrounded by elves and fey creatures. She is happy and lively, as she dances under the full moon with Ornia and Nerisha by her side. Then he sees Henry being executed, beheaded. Tim wields the the axe and then he stands in the halls of his order where he is stripped of his rank as a Knight of the Scarlett Cross and banished from his homeland. His loved ones weep as all they have is taken from them. He watches Evermithe on a spelljammer with a strange looking elven boy by his side. Then he sees a lonely grave in a mountain pass marked with Fore's name. Wolves howl in the snow. Silarilas runs through the trees hounded by human riders. He turns and engulfs them in ice and wind with power granted to him by an elemental god.

The visions mingle in his mind and then he sees the entire kingdom engaged in war. Who is fight for the kingdom isn't clear but what is clear is that war will come. Either way.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Tim is visibly shaken by his vision; he collapses to the ground, flat on his face, with a startled "Ooomph!"

His disorientation is only momentary; as he recovers, and stands up, he looks a little embarrassed, and perhaps a little frightened. He spares a sideways glance at Evermithe, and gives him a knowing look, and a frown. When Evermithe reacts, and seems about to speak, Tim gives him a covert look, and a quick shake of his head, as if to say, "Not now. Later."
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 pm

giving the burly Knight a subtle nod before pulling the shovel off the wagon

the Elf prods at the ground in several locations along the side of the road
at best he gets a few inches before he strikes large Roots belonging to the many trees around them
but they are too closely spaced to provide any reasonable hope of a decent burial

"there are too many Roots in this area to dig a Grave
we'll have to take Urkold with us and have him buried at the next Village"

again, enlisting the aid of Henry
Evermithe wraps Urkold into the fallen warrior's blanket then secures him onto his horse after tying the animal to the back of the wagon
next to his own
once he's got the shovel stowed again
he gets the Halfling loaded onto the floor of the Buckboard <driver's Seat of the Wagon>

"at least he won't fall off when he wakes up"

taking up his Bow again
he looks to Tim

"how far is the next Village?"
Lord Sheriff Takari
Gnoll
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Knightfall » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:14 am

Tellerian Hawke wrote:Tim is visibly shaken by his vision; he collapses to the ground, flat on his face, with a startled "Ooomph!"

His disorientation is only momentary; as he recovers, and stands up, he looks a little embarrassed, and perhaps a little frightened. He spares a sideways glance at Evermithe, and gives him a knowing look, and a frown. When Evermithe reacts, and seems about to speak, Tim gives him a covert look, and a quick shake of his head, as if to say, "Not now. Later."

Fore watches the exchange between Tim and Evermithe silently knowing there is something more to be said at another time.

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:giving the burly Knight a subtle nod before pulling the shovel off the wagon

the Elf prods at the ground in several locations along the side of the road
at best he gets a few inches before he strikes large Roots belonging to the many trees around them
but they are too closely spaced to provide any reasonable hope of a decent burial

"there are too many Roots in this area to dig a Grave
we'll have to take Urkold with us and have him buried at the next Village"

"Urkold wouldn't want to buried here," Nerisha says while being watched over by Fore. "His people are from the high hills. Being buried goes against what he believes... believed. You will need to find a place on a hill and make him a cairn. His soul will be a peace there."

"Once we're out of the forest, there will be a place we can lay him to rest," Fore adds. "it won't be a huge hill, but it will have to do. There isn't anywhere along this trail to bury him, although there is a clearing about half way through where caravans stop to make camp."

"His soul must be a rest," Nerisha replies. "If his gods aren't satisfied, he will rise as undead and stalk the living."

"Okay then," Fore looks at Tim with concern. "We find the highest hill we can find."

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:again, enlisting the aid of Henry
Evermithe wraps Urkold into the fallen warrior's blanket then secures him onto his horse after tying the animal to the back of the wagon
next to his own
once he's got the shovel stowed again
he gets the Halfling loaded onto the floor of the Buckboard <driver's Seat of the Wagon>

"at least he won't fall off when he wakes up"

taking up his Bow again
he looks to Tim

"how far is the next Village?"

Fore responds to Evermithe not realizing the War Wizard had asked Tim, "There is a tiny hamlet five miles past the edge of the forest. It's still at least a day and half away with the wagon, maybe more if we get bad weather.

"And shouldn't we put the halfing in the wagon," Fore asks looking at Evermithe. "There's likely a lot of room for him in there. And what about Silarilas? He's not going to be able to ride. One or both of them is going to have to ride inside the wagon."

"While I- i am sorry about my outburst, earlier," Henry says. "I no longer have any objections to others being near that, that girl. Stick whoever you want in there."

"She is still a Lady of the Littlechild Family," Ornia says coldly to the man after exiting the wagon. "You will show her the respect she deserves Henry Guernion, regardless of your prejudices."

"I will not listen to you, feyspawn," Henry snaps back. "If Evermithe wishes to take charge of this mission, he has my blessing. I will not have anything more to do with you and that girl once we reach Khadfield. My loyalty is to the Meister not the Littlechilds. If I had my way, I'd be heading back to Kara's Vale to report what I've seen here." He looks at Evermithe and then at Big Tim. "I realize that is not an option, and, regardless, you saved my life today sir elf, good knight. I owe you a debt of gratitude. When we reach Khadfield, I will not speak ill of you, and I will remain silent about the girl and her unnatural powers, as long as you don't try to force me to go on with you to Ramshorn."

"You would betray our mistress because of a silly superstition," Nerisha retorts weakly.

"I would, if forced to travel with these feyspawn," Henry says cooly. "And I have no doubt that you will all face the Meister's justice should you show your faces in Haerndean ever again. He will likely insist that the marriage be consummated once the girl has been purified of the taint on her now, if possible. If not, she likely will be burned as a witch and a feyspawn."

"You say that word one more time, and I'll kill you myself!" Fore shouts. "You insult me and my kin with your foul tongue!"

Henry stands resolute, as Fore stands and looks at him menacingly.

"Elves are not true fey," Henry says plainly. "Despite what you might have been taught as a child, Fore. Your kind might have long lives but your magic-users are not witches or hedge wizards. And, you're not immortal beings with no sense of law or morality."

"Enough!" Ornia demands. "Evermithe, you cannot let this man stay near Lady Mirabell. We should tie him to a tree and let the wolves have him."

The calmness on Henry's face breaks for just a second before he steadies himself again.

"Ornia, it is not okay for you to say that," Nerisha says uncomfortably. "He might be a bastard but that is not our way."

"I'm okay with it," Fore says with a sly grin. Then he sees the looks on Evermithe's face. "Uhm, I'll go get Silarilas and bring him back to the wagon." The young ranger slips away quickly to avoid the War Wizard's wrath.

The noise is so loud that even Silarilas can hear them all speaking. Fore soon arrives next to hm and helps the elf up onto his feet. Fore guides the wounded elf through the underbrush and back towards the others, carefully.

"That girl is quite the healer," Fore says to Silarilas quietly. "We're lucky to have her on our side."

OOC: The wagon's rate of movement through the forest is 10 miles per day. The group had only traveled 1 hour into the forest before Evermithe spotted the giant beetles. It is 20 miles in total to be clear of the forest and then other 40 wiles of good road across cleared farmland (11 miles per day) to reach Khadfield. There are very few other settlements in the area with most being a few tiny hamlets and some farmsteads.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Henry wrote:"... I owe you a debt of gratitude. When we reach Khadfield, I will not speak ill of you, and I will remain silent about the girl and her unnatural powers, as long as you don't try to force me to go on with you to Ramshorn."


Tim eyes the man sternly. "Very well, Henry. You don't have to go any further; you can stay behind in Khadfield, if that is your desire. I can't say that I agree with your reasons, but that is not for me to judge; that's between you and your conscience. Each man has a duty to follow his own heart, his own sense of honor. I can respect that, even if our viewpoints are different. But think on this, my friend: there are places in this world that would condemn me, simply because I have the blood of Ogres running through my veins. But they'd be wrong; my service history with the Scarlet Cross can attest to that. Do you fear me, just because of my heritage? Do you have any doubt in your mind that I wouldn't lay down my life to keep you safe? ...Don't bother to answer, Henry. It's a rhetorical question. I just wanted to give you something to think about. As for your pledge of silence, I'll take you at your word."

Tim says nothing more on the matter, remaining mostly silent and inwardly directed for the remainder of the day.
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:17 pm

"We need to get moving if we intend to make the clearing before nightfall"

as Fore returns with Silarilas the Mage looks to them both

"Silarilas, do you think you are ok enough to Ride?
if not, secure your horse by mine and you can ride up front with Henry and keep an eye on our Hobbit companion
they can sometimes be a little skittish, especially in his case waking up on a Wagon after getting into a fight with Beetles
I don't want him to fall off in Fright and cause further injury

<pauses to allow Silarilas to respond>

Fore
I'll need you to run close patrol around the wagon out to 100' ahead and to the left & right
I've noticed that the sounds from the Wagon carry quite some distance even in the forest so I need to range much further out
ahead of everyone if I'm to spoil an ambush and spot trouble"

to everyone
"stay on alert"

Evermithe pulls one of his arrows from his Quiver and holds it point down before dropping it to the road where it sticks
standing up

"if you see one of my Arrows standing in the road like this
stop the Wagon
it means I have found something and I'm taking a closer look at it
I will report back periodically to keep tabs on our progress

Mount up!

Evermithe then melts into the trees to begin his roving patrol
Lord Sheriff Takari
Gnoll
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby BPIJonathan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:59 pm

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:"We need to get moving if we intend to make the clearing before nightfall"

as Fore returns with Silarilas the Mage looks to them both

"Silarilas, do you think you are ok enough to Ride?
if not, secure your horse by mine and you can ride up front with Henry and keep an eye on our Hobbit companion
they can sometimes be a little skittish, especially in his case waking up on a Wagon after getting into a fight with Beetles
I don't want him to fall off in Fright and cause further injury


Silaris turns and looks at the speaker, "I should be well enough. If I experience any ill effects, I can always call out. In any case we are delayed in our journey and the need to press on is great. "

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:Fore
I'll need you to run close patrol around the wagon out to 100' ahead and to the left & right
I've noticed that the sounds from the Wagon carry quite some distance even in the forest so I need to range much further out
ahead of everyone if I'm to spoil an ambush and spot trouble"

to everyone
"stay on alert"

Evermithe pulls one of his arrows from his Quiver and holds it point down before dropping it to the road where it sticks
standing up

"if you see one of my Arrows standing in the road like this
stop the Wagon
it means I have found something and I'm taking a closer look at it
I will report back periodically to keep tabs on our progress

Mount up!

Evermithe then melts into the trees to begin his roving patrol
Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com |"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
BPIJonathan
Dinosaur King
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

To the Forest Clearing

Postby Knightfall » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Big Tim wrote:
Henry wrote:"... I owe you a debt of gratitude. When we reach Khadfield, I will not speak ill of you, and I will remain silent about the girl and her unnatural powers, as long as you don't try to force me to go on with you to Ramshorn."


Tim eyes the man sternly. "Very well, Henry. You don't have to go any further; you can stay behind in Khadfield, if that is your desire. I can't say that I agree with your reasons, but that is not for me to judge; that's between you and your conscience. Each man has a duty to follow his own heart, his own sense of honor. I can respect that, even if our viewpoints are different. But think on this, my friend: there are places in this world that would condemn me, simply because I have the blood of Ogres running through my veins. But they'd be wrong; my service history with the Scarlet Cross can attest to that. Do you fear me, just because of my heritage? Do you have any doubt in your mind that I wouldn't lay down my life to keep you safe? ...Don't bother to answer, Henry. It's a rhetorical question. I just wanted to give you something to think about. As for your pledge of silence, I'll take you at your word."

Tim says nothing more on the matter, remaining mostly silent and inwardly directed for the remainder of the day.

Henry looks as if he's going to say something but thinks better of it with Ornia staring at him.

Evermithe wrote:"We need to get moving if we intend to make the clearing before nightfall"

as Fore returns with Silarilas the Mage looks to them both

"Silarilas, do you think you are ok enough to Ride?
if not, secure your horse by mine and you can ride up front with Henry and keep an eye on our Hobbit companion
they can sometimes be a little skittish, especially in his case waking up on a Wagon after getting into a fight with Beetles
I don't want him to fall off in Fright and cause further injury

BPIJonathan wrote:Silaris turns and looks at the speaker, "I should be well enough. If I experience any ill effects, I can always call out. In any case we are delayed in our journey and the need to press on is great. "

Fore helps Silarilas up onto his mount, helping the other elf secure himself to the horse while allowing Silarilas to free himself if something should spook the animal.

Evermithe wrote:Fore
I'll need you to run close patrol around the wagon out to 100' ahead and to the left & right
I've noticed that the sounds from the Wagon carry quite some distance even in the forest so I need to range much further out
ahead of everyone if I'm to spoil an ambush and spot trouble"

"So much for the leisurely ride in the woods," Fore quips. He ties his horse to the wagon and gathers the gear he'll need as he patrols around the wagon. He waits for Evermithe to take the lead before heading out into the surrounding forest in the opposite direction of the War Wizard.

Evermithe wrote:to everyone
"stay on alert"

Evermithe pulls one of his arrows from his Quiver and holds it point down before dropping it to the road where it sticks
standing up

"if you see one of my Arrows standing in the road like this
stop the Wagon
it means I have found something and I'm taking a closer look at it
I will report back periodically to keep tabs on our progress

Mount up!

Evermithe then melts into the trees to begin his roving patrol

While Ornia helps Nerisha into the wagon, Henry prepares the wagon. The two of them barely look at each other. After closing the wagon's door, Ornia mounts up and takes the lead out in front of the wagon. With her helmet on, she almost looks human again. Silarilas rides next to wagon, keeping an eye on the halfling. Henry snaps the reins and the small caravan is soon on its way again leaving the remains of the dead beetles behind for the forest's scavengers.

The ride to the forest clearing is slow and 'nearly' uneventful. The wagon has to squeeze through a narrow gap between two massive trees. Fore is forced to come back to the wagon and help push it through the gap. The horses tied to the wagon don't like the process but none of them try to bolt.

Evermithe comes across a small pack of wolves in the forest, far off the trail, but they seem content to eat the deer they have killed. They pay him little mind and do not head towards the sounds of the wagon. Fore nearly has a bad encounter with a skunk. He manages to not to get sprayed by the animal's musk, but the smell is noticeable on the wind for those near the wagon. Henry gags a bit and holds his nose. Ornia smiles at the man's discomfort. The little man on the wagon's buckboard remains unconscious near Henry's feet. The hinman rests as comfortably as possible. He twitches and groans a bit as the wagon is forced through the short gap.

The ride is tiring for everyone, especially Silarilas, and by the time they reach the clearing all of those handling the horses are near exhaustion. The sun is low in the sky almost ready to pass behind the the high mountains.

The clearing is empty of people. It appears that someone else had set up in the clearing sometime recently, maybe a day or two ago. There is a large fire-pit constructed in the center of the clearing and several posts in the ground for the tying up of horses. Someone has left behind an iron pot, which is tipped on its side. Evermithe sees a red fox nibbling on something near the pot, but when it hears the wagon, it bolts into the underbrush and out of sight. Several worn benches are laid out haphazardly around the fire-pit.

The War Wizard also finds an old knife stuck in the base of large tree. Halfway up the tree is a crude looking platform, which travelers likely use as a lookout. There doesn't appear to be a ladder leading up to the platform, however.

After the fox scampers away, the clearing is still. The sounds of birds chirping and insects buzzing are calming and natural. The wagon stops well back of the clearing. Henry waits for Evermithe's signal. Ornia watches the surrounding forest carefully. Fore keeps an eye out to the rear.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [AD&D2E PbP Game] Almagra: Kingdom of Vrocia [IC]

Postby Lord Sheriff Takari » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:23 pm

Evermithe sweeps the clearing taking note of the pot and knife left behind <a bit unusual to him>

looking at the tracks and marks on the ground to see if camp was broken by the usual means or if they broke camp in haste
Lord Sheriff Takari
Gnoll
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 am

In the Forest Clearing

Postby Knightfall » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:10 am

Lord Sheriff Takari wrote:Evermithe sweeps the clearing taking note of the pot and knife left behind <a bit unusual to him>

looking at the tracks and marks on the ground to see if camp was broken by the usual means or if they broke camp in haste

Evermithe sees that the pot is still in good condition and that fox had been eating leftover food that had spilled on to the ground -- some gamey meat with a few carrots and potatoes spread around it. The knife isn't very unusual, but it is embedded deep into the tree's trunk. Getting it out will be tough. It might be easier to chop it out with an axe. Whatever put it into the tree did so with considerable force.

Evermithe can tell that whoever was in the clearing last didn't leave in a rush. They took their time and broke camp normally heading for Kara's Vale, and recently. Yet, the group did not meet anyone going the other way, except, maybe, the halfling. If it was him, he was traveling with others. However, Evermithe can see older tracks, nearly a week old, that appear to be in haste. Four wagons from the look of it heading out of the clearing toward Khadfield. The grooves in the ground are deep and erratic and were likely made when the ground was muddy.

Fore notes the deep wagon tracks, as well. He kneels down next to Evermithe and looks around, slightly concerned. "What do you think?"
Last edited by Knightfall on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

PreviousNext

Return to The Crystal Globe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests