The Karameikos PbP Act 3 New roads (IC thread)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

The Karameikos PbP Act 3 New roads (IC thread)

Postby Sturm » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:04 pm

Act 3 - New roads
Scene I - On The Black Octopus, Night of the 13th Day (Thaumont, 13th 990 AC)

On the second deck of The Black Octopus, Tiberius see a group of young women and some men coming up from the hatch leading down. And among them there is Taradain!
Sturm
Black Dragon

Re: The Karameikos PbP Act 3 New roads (IC thread)

Postby Dervish » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:25 pm

"Thank Halav Tiberious you are a sight for sore eyes, Are the others safe the slavers did not get them did they ? I am assuming since itsa is you instead of the slavers we are to be rescued?
Life is alot more valuable when you are strapped to an altar
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Dartamian » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:00 am

Taradain, I'm so happy to see that you have survived. Most the others are in the city dealing with the riots. Gharis, Fortunato, Trark, and Timos have all been captured by the slavers, we were hoping to find them, along with you of course. Have you seen any of them? Will you help us free the others?

Tiberius is relieved that someone he knows has survived but very anxious that he has not seen the others. He urges Larius to help him search the other rooms and encourages Taradain and any others willing to join with them.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Dervish » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:47 am

Gharis, Trark,Marius,Turano, and Tatjana were with me deep in the hold of this ship Timos was not he may still be in the city but if there are riots who knows. there were many of us in the hold most of us chained to the floor. Yesterday a beast with many heads broke through the ship inot the hold and ate a few of us. I honestly did not know which to be more frightened of the beast or the slavers. at any rate the beat did enough damage that we were able to free ourselves sort of as o motion to our chains Trark made me promise to go to the vorloi ship as soon as possible but if you believe he is on this ship then i will join you in finding him.
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:12 pm

(Note that Taradain does not, but Tiberius knows Timos has escaped the slavers trap. He was the one who told you Taradain and Tatjana had been captured. Fortunato instead disappeared before and Taradain has not seen him. Trark and Marius too are searching for him on the deck below).
No problem, often I need a recap too :-)
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dartamian » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:17 pm

(Thought I was having problem with the names)
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Dartamian » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Larius, we best keep searching for Fortunato. Taradain, if you think the others can make it to the Vorloi ship without your help I would like your help. I was mistaken about those taken, Timos did escape the slavers clutches, but the others still need to be freed.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Act 3 - New roads

While you are still talking, Trark and Marius comes up from the deck below, and the orc has Fortunato, unconscious, on his shoulder.
"He should be well - Trark says - but I had to stun him because he kept telling he could not leave his friend.. maybe they gave him some drug. We should now go up and reach for the Vorloi ship. Happy to see you, Tiberius!"
Marius and Larius nods to each other and clasp their arms.
You feel relieved for just an instant, then from the decks above you hear a lot of people screaming in terror and panic...
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dervish » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:15 pm

I move toward the top deck toward the sound of panic and mayhem "I really want off this boat and i really want to get back to Specularum when i get up on deck what do i see?
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Dartamian » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:03 am

To Trark and Marius Was there anyone else that could have been with Fortunato that could be this friend?

What is going on on the deck?
Tiberius carefully takes a look to see what is causing the panic.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 am

Act 3 - New roads

You go up and immediately see that the main deck is in utter chaos, with people fleeing everywhere, many even throwing themselves overboard into the dark, cold night sea. Mikel appears before you, a sickened, terrified expression on his face as if he just saw Death itself. He also seems weak and wounded, even if you cannot see any wound on his body.
"Undead! - he just says - Run to The Stefania", then he turns, sword in hand, to face what you now can clearly see. Two sailors, with terrible wounds on their face and chest that obviously have been the death of them, walking toward you, arms poised to grasp at you, a terrible dark void in their eyes. Zombies, as the one you fought in the sewers a tendays ago!
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dervish » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:02 pm

don't hesitate for even a second however i a glance around the deck as i run to see if someone is controlling the zombies
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:09 pm

Act 3 - New roads

There is too much chaos on the deck, with people running everywhere, to pinpoint who is controlling the zombies, yet you notice a man, finely dressed in bright colors, with a large hat, walking calmly on the deck without even a drawn sword.
He is looking around with apparent friendship and calm. While you are observing him, he looks at a Vorloi man and smiles to him. The man immediately drop his sword and smiles back to the finely dressed man, as if he was an old friend.
The scene creeps you out even if you do not exactly know why, and you realize you really do not want the finely dressed man looking at you.
Mikel in the meantime face the zombies, splitting the skull of one of them in half. The creature drops down, now apparently really dead. Mikel keeps telling you to run to The Stefania.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dervish » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:02 pm

Mikel that man over therei point to the man with the hat He is controlling the undead and he just turned one of the vorloi men i fear he may get on the stefania or the other if he gets back to Specularum or any other city this scene will happen again and again. He needs to go down with this ship. Then i run to the stefania
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Dartamian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Tiberius heads for the Stefania, aiding anyone he can along the way.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Act 3 - New Roads

You soon understand that the presence of the undead and the strange man is fast turning your boarding into a rout, at least on the Vorloi side. Your men and sailors are running toward The Stefania as fast as they can, and it seems there isn't any kind of defensive line anymore. You see Trark, Marius, Tatjana, Turano, the adventurers, Mikel and Gharis fight for their lives against sailors of The Black Octopus and undead.
You also see that Carla and many other girls have been surrounded by enemies.
A hand grabs the leg of Taradain while she is running toward The Stefania. The girl turns and sees that a zombie sailor, with his throat open, is holding her, and now trying to bite her calf.
Tiberius rushes to her aid, but a live sailor tries to hit him with his cutlass, fortunately missing the young thyatian completely. The sailor however rises his cutlass to strike again..
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dartamian » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:48 pm

Tiberius tries to elude the sailor and rush to Taradain's aid, pulling out his sword as he goes, striking the zombie as he gets there. If he must, he counterattacks the sailor while failing back to aid Taradain.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Dervish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:23 am

Taradain stomps on the zombies head until it stops moving and then moves to deal with the necromancer using chains to choke the man out out
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:45 am

Act 3 - New Roads

Taradain kicks the zombie hard, sending it back and freeing herself. A well placed hit with the chains then destroy the zombie's skull, putting him down. She cannot see the necromancer in the chaos, however.
Tiberius tries to hit the sailor but only manages to nick him, however the sailor is clumsy in his following strike, and Tiberius can easily dodge and push him away, then people running around take him away from the young thyatian.
Your allies, lead by Mikel and the adventurers, are retreating back to The Stefania, keeping the enemy sailors and undead at bay, but then you realize a group of enemy sailors is pushing Carla and most of the other girls back toward the stern hatch.
And, quite out of your reach and with many enemies in-between, you also see that the fine dressed man is talking with Trark and Marius, who still have the unconscious Fortunato with them. Trark and Marius smile at the man as at an old friend..
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dervish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Using my acrobatincs skill i use my body as a weapon hopefully to know the well drressed gentlemen either into a wall or overboards baring that i will bite scratch , use the chains on my wrists to choke this guy out in hopes i can reverse what he has done to Trark and the others
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Act 3 - New Roads

Mostly because the crew of The Black Octopus does not care much about a little girl, you manage to arrive near to the fine dressed man. He smiles at you and immediately you think he is so beautiful, and you really want his friendship.
Only with a great mental struggle you manage to drive this sensation away.
You try to scratch the man but he doesn't even move a hand to defend himself. Your nails do not leave a trace on him, as you were hitting a hard stone. You try to attack him with your chains, but you obtain the same result.
Trark and Marius grab you, trying to stop and immobilize you.
"Why you are doing this, Taradain? - Trark says, distressed - The captain is our friend!"
"You are such a special girl - the man says, and you have to struggle again to push away the powerful charme of his voice - you should remain here in my ship with your friends".
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dervish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:29 pm

This man is not our friend he is a fiend in league with the slavers and i will never yeild to the likes of you an neither should you Get Fortunato back to the stefania now ! I look around are there lanterns hanging anywhere nearby ?
Dervish
Ogre

Postby Dartamian » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:36 pm

Tiberius goes to help Carla and the other girls. He goes up to the group of sailors and tries to smack one from behind with the flat of his sword and lead them all away. At the same time he yells at the the girls Run to the Stefania.
Dartamian
I'm an Ogre!
Dartamian
Ogre

Postby Sturm » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Act 3 - New Roads

Tiberius knock a sailor down, and Larius and others help him to create enough confusion to let some of the girls escape. The enemy sailors try to fight back, but are repelled for now.
Mikel and the others advance too, trying to reach Taradain. She looks around for a lantern, run to grab the nearest one and tries to throw it at the fine dressed man, but Trark and Marius grab at her, crying not to hurt their friend. Several sea birds attack too the Vorloi men, forcing them to retreat a bit.
The Torenescu men are almost completely back on their ship. "We must return to The Stefania!" Mikel cries again.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Dervish » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:07 pm

I begin to retreat "Mark my face well swine for one day you will meet your end at my hands" nodding to Trark and Marius "Trark you are my friend as well for today that will stay my hand but now we must return home as must Marius and Fortunato unfortunately your friend is not mine so should he rais his hand or voice again i will be forced to immolate his finaly dressed ass should he not let us go. the choice for violence is his not mine he has lost and should retire the field to fight another day i am sure we will meet again "
Dervish
Ogre

Next

Return to The Crystal Globe