The Karameikos PbP New Heroes and Villains (IC thread)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Sturm
Green Dragon

Re: The Karameikos PbP New Heroes and Villains (IC thread)

Post by Sturm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:09 pm

North of Eveskyr (Highforge)
Scene VIII - 2 years later (Buhrlen, Felmont, Summer, 15th day, 992 AC)

Gila and Karto discuss a bit and then decide it's better to wait the next day anyway, so Kesh will be able to better heal the wounded gnome wizardess. This way you also have the opportunity to wait for Fain Flinn's exploration of the Sanctuary in search of clues.
In the evening of 15th Felmont there is a meeting to which you are invited to discuss what was found in a primary exploration.
"The Sanctuary was recently reoccupied and repaired, it seems - Fain Flinn says - it had quarters for goblins, lizardmen, orcs and several humans, who we could imagine were recruited by the Iron Rings. We have already interrogated some prisoners. They are mostly Thyatians, with some Sindians and others, often with a past as mercenaries or criminals. We also found some golems and magical statues which we have destroyed, but nothing about Skarda and nothing about where he could ever come back with our lieges and friends. I think we will leave a strong garrison here to do further explorations, but I will return to Penhaligon to report to my lord, and I suppose others will do the same".
Some knights of the Order of the Griffon nods and say they will return to Kelvin to report to the Baron, and Gila says she will soon lead you back to Eveskyr and send reports to Threshold too.
Juvlak then intervenes to say he thinks he could be able to rally back the Nighstalkers goblins to his cause, and he will probably be able to drive away from the Wufwolde hills orcs and ogres, and any remaining hideout of the Iron Ring. The knights of the Order of the Griffon are clearly not thrilled about the idea of trusting a goblin, but Fain Flinn and his men insist Juvlak's aid will be precious, and eventually the others relent too.
Juvlak say his goodbye, telling you to ask for him should you return to the Wufwolde hills.
Arelena Kelvin and Kaerin Penhaligon say their goodbye to you too, thanking you for your help and telling you to ask for them should you be in Kelvin or Penhaligon. Arelena adds she will tell his father about your help, and surely he will be willing to reward you again.
"Back to Eveskyr it is then", Gila says.
"For a while, then I will go back searching for Bonth and that bastard Oliver, should I grow old on the road or die trying - Karto says - and you?" the dwarf then asks Bofar, Kesh, Lucius and Taradain.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Lucius agrees with Karto.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm with you in this. We have to find Bonth.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 am

Scene IX - 2 years later (Buhrlen, Felmont, Summer, 16th day, 992 AC)

The morning after you are ready to leave for Eveskyr. Arelena will leave with Kaerin and Fain Flinn for the moment and then she will be sent back to Kelvin with the Knights of the Griffon. As you are a small group, Juvlak gives you a stick painted black and decorated with stones, saying it will give you safe passage among the Wufwolde goblins, at least those willing to answer to him. He will however slowly follow back your steps to the druid's grove, as he wants to take Thorn and the other goblin prisoners back. He also gives you indications to reach the grove, telling you it will probably take about two days.
The trail on the hills is indeed quite difficult, rising and descending many times, so in a day you believe you have not walk more than 5 miles.
During the day Lucius notes a wild goat several times, as if the animal is observing you.
Beside it, you see and hear only squirrells, birds and insects.
During the night you stop among the hills. Gila says you will probably reach the druid's grove the day after, unless you prefer to avoid it, but this would mean to walk the hills ridge to the next valley.
"The druid still has our ponies - Kesh says - so at least one of us should probably retrieve them".
"He is not really so trustworthy - Karto says - but I suppose there is no harm in letting him know the battle has gone well for us".
"He certainly has animal spies so he probably knows already - Gila says - and we could get something from him. Maybe he has some idea on where Skarda and his mirror could appear again.."

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:20 am

That guy is even creepier than the elf, but we need the ponies...

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:24 am

Lucius agrees with Bofar... Assuming he gives us the ponies back.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:55 am

Scene X - 2 years later (Buhrlen, Felmont, Summer, 17-18th day, 992 AC)

The day after you proceed to the druid's grove and indeed he has kept his promise, your ponies and the goblin prisoners are still there. The druid is friendly and offer you water, fruit juices, berries and other food.
"I saw the humans won - Mirko the druid says - but with important losses, it seems. I will have to settle with that for now. If Kelvin and Penhaligon are busy searching for Skarda, I hope they will leave the hills be. Juvlak should arrive any time to take Thorn and the other goblin, if you wait".
"We will have to spend the nigh anyway - Gila says - could you ask to your animal friends if Skarda or the Iron Ring are still around in this region?"
"I think they are leaving the hills, which is good - Mirko says - but I will check for you".
Now back with your tents and provisions, you can sleep in the druid grove in relative confort.
The morning after Juvlak indeed arrives to take the prisoners, and he offers to find you a goblin guide back to Eveskyr. You are stil about 13 miles from Dendwal, the nearest gnomish town, but in the hills the distance on trails will become 18 miles so it should take three days to cover the distance. Mirko the druid also offer you a guide, probably he could send a sprite of the fairy folks. He also tells you the Iron Ring men, with some orcs and ogres, are apparently retreating to the north east. The goblins instead are gathering to the core of their territory south of here, probably to discuss the future.
"That's where I need to be - Juvlak says - to show everyone Thorn and his cause has been defeated. That's why I cannot accompany you myself, but I can search for a trusted goblin. He will however not arrive before this evening..
Mirko says also his animals have reported no trace of Skarda or his knights. He says he could send a sprite guide right now, if you want.
Gila nods and then speak to you.
"Well if we wait for the goblin we will have to spend another night here, we can depart now only if we accept the druid's guide", she says.
"The druid has made clear he cares only for the woods and its inhabitants, still we could suppose he has no interest to trick us, right?" Kesh says.
"It's either trusting him or trusting the goblins - Karto says - A stange choice indeed, but it's the one we have. Go on our own could well be much more dangerous...""

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:59 am

I don't trust either. The sooner we're out of here, the better.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:37 pm

I agree with Lucius, the sooner we get out of here the better.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Scene X - 2 years later (Buhrlen, Felmont, Summer, 18th day, 992 AC)

"So we take the sprite as is the most readily available guide? or you suggest to go on our own?" Kesh says.

Dervish
Ogre

Post by Dervish » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Our dealings with Juvlak and Mirko have been straightforward and have not yet resulted with us having a knife shoved somewhere uncomfortable so i would say they have earned some measure of trust. That being said my friends where you go i go
Life is alot more valuable when you are strapped to an altar

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Lucius suggests taking the sprite... an untrustworthy guide may be still better than no guide at all.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Mirko introduces to you Shigl, a male sprite about 1 foot tall, with purple butterfly wings, a blue tunic and long red hair. "I will lead you easily to Eveskyr, do not worry!" He says in gnomish.
Juvlak wishes you luck and says he hopes to meet you again in Dendwal, when hopefully the Nightstalkers goblins will be under his control again.
Shigl leads you through almost invisible trails in the wooded hills in a general south western direction. There is some light rain and many normal animals around, but no encounter with big creatures. Shigl speak with several birds and squirrells during the day until at evening, while you are searching a spot to camp, he stops you after a short chat with a sparrow.
"Human in grey ahead of us, the sparrow says more than five..", the sprite says.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:37 pm

A party of grey-wearing humans?

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:41 pm

Men in somekind of uniform perhaps?

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:26 pm

"Could be the Iron Ring - Kesh says - during the battle several were dressed in grey, I think.."
"I do not recall other grey uniforms in Eveskyr or Karameikos". Karto says.
"Maybe we should try to ambush them just in case.." Gila adds.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Someone should take a closer look and a better head count.

Dervish
Ogre

Post by Dervish » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:23 pm

"Well then lets take a look shall we

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:56 pm

You and someone else who is reasonably good at hiding and being silent in general. Not me in this environment.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Gila says she can cast invisibility and Kesh can cast Silence on Taradain. With such protections the girl can easily spy on the men in grey ahead. They are six of them, all well armed, and it seems they are preparing an ambush against you. They seem warrior but one could be a cleric, as he is holding something. Two are climbing trees to shoot. They however do not notice Taradain, so she can easily come back and report what she saw.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Lucius suggests to avoid them.

Dervish
Ogre

Post by Dervish » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:21 am

I think we need to deal with them while we have the advantage two climbed into the trees and their cleric seems to be armed with something i could not recognize

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:17 am

There are not too many of them and we do have an advantage but still I would rather avoid fighting against them if it could be avoided. I do not like to take unnecessary risks.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:28 pm

"Shigl should tell us if we can avoid them.. or if not, counter-ambush them". Gila says.
The Sprite nods and flies away for some minutes, probably to find an alternative route, then comes back.
"For you no-flying creatures there is only going back to the previous vale, this means one more day, or climbing down a small cliff before, just a hour more, but a bit dangerous.." Shigl says.
"I have a rope". Karto says.
"Unfortunately I've not prepared a levitation spell, but in a hour, I could cast one to at least ease our descent.." Gila says.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Scene X - 2 years later (Buhrlen, Felmont, Summer, 18-19th day, 992 AC)

"If you go down that cliff you could either take them from the back, or just avoid them", the sprite says.
"I think the idea is avoid them", Kesh says.
While Shigl keeps an eye on the enemy, Gila studies her levitation spell to allow you to climb down the cliff. All the procedure is still quite long as it involve sending down Gabriel first, then Karto, the ponies and the baggage. Gila makes all easier by casting levitation on several tied branches, thus creating a sort of improvised raft that works as an elevator to go down the cliff gently.
When all the horses and the baggage are gone Shigl however comes back in a hurry.
"The ambusher have realized something is wrong and are coming to us - he says - they are going slowly and stealthy, but you should move down a bit faster".
"I think we can risk going all on the raft of branches, the levitation and the rope should be enough to slow our descent. Let's just hope the branches will hold", Gila says.

Return to “The Crystal Globe”