[Pathfinder] The Serpent Amphora [IC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

[Pathfinder] The Serpent Amphora [IC]

Postby dfryer36 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Evening falls on the second Hedraday of Tanot in the town of Trela. Tomorrow will be the Flower Festival, which celebrates the return of spring and the beginning of the planting season. Rivermen and merchants are setting up booths and making preparations for tomorrows festival. With the hazards of travel along this portion of the border offering chances of death and doom on a daily basis any opportunity to make merry and profit is embraced by the hardy folk that make their livings on the road and the river. Even the presence of the Grey Moon (normally considered a bad omen) hanging full in the sky is not enough to dampen the anticipation of the coming festival.

The sky begins to cloud over and a light rain begins to fall. This is not uncommon for this time of year but it is enough to send most folks scurrying for cover. A popular destination is The Wench and Chalice, a local inn. The locals know that the inn is a great destination on a wet chilly night with it's roaring fire, hot bowls of vegetable stew, and the music of Talbot Cormath who is known as the bard of Trela. Others come to flirt with the barmaids who are all related to Glenne, the elven woman that runs the inn.

Each of you have traveled here for your own purposes. Although future plans or events may way on your mind it is the Flower Festival that has caught your attention at the moment and motivated you to stay a day or two longer in this town.

<Tag: let me know what you guys are up to.>
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
dfryer36
White Dragon

Re: [Pathfinder] The Serpent Amphora [IC]

Postby Forrantis » Tue May 23, 2017 6:06 pm

We (Beauregard and I) make our way to the Inn.
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Forrantis enters The Wench and Chalice. The common room is open to the ceiling three stories up with tables and chairs set around the periphery of the room. Balconies encircle the room on the upper two levels. A large fire pit is built into the floor of the common room and at the far end of the room is a bar tended by an ageless looking brown haired elven woman. There are several patrons sitting at various tables but there are plenty of open chairs and tables still to be had. "Have a seat anywhere lad," one of the servers says, her words tinged with a Veshan accent. "I'll be with you in a moment."
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby BraveSwordMachine » Tue May 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Xadrez Cunningtail glaces up at the Grey Moon and instinctively his tail caresses the talisman knot on his temple sword that brings good fortune. Xad hoists the last bit of cargo off the boat he bartered passage to Trela and sets it down beside a mostly erected stall. The captain of the little boat who got him here, gives the red skinned Tiefling a broad gaptoothed smile from behind a bushy beard.

"That'll do Xad, ya debts paid with ya work. Passage, safe'n sound."

"It's been a most pleasant journey, yes?" Xad.

"Nah wit this rain pickin' up, but otherwise, I'd agree. Ya remember the place I told ya about?"

"The Wench and Chalice?"

"Aye, I'll be seein' ya there in a bit, once we get this settled."

Xadrez gives the dwarf captain a little modest bow palms together and pulls the hood of his cloak over his horns as a bit of wind pushed it back on his last trip. His tail flicks back and forth with excitement at what the Flower Festival will hold as he dutifully recalls the instructions to the inn.
BraveSwordMachine
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Xadrez notices the stares he gets from the towns folk as he crosses the square from the docks towards the inn. Clearly the people in this region are not used to seeing devil-kin despite their alliance with the great Calistian Empire. He remembers hearing that Chardun, his people's patron god, is not commonly worshiped in this region. Instead these people worship Belsameth, the goddess of the moon and secrets. This is much different than his own upbringing. Although the Great General is a harsh master he is also honorable and fair to those who follow his path. Chardun's followers always know where they belong and where they stand with others.

Entering The Wench and Chalice he sees a cozy but rather plain inn, common for these types of towns. Only it's size marks it as extraordinary as it was built to accommodate all the merchant traffic through the town. After all, every barge and caravan entering or leaving New Vernir for the north and west must stop here to be taxed first. A chestnut haired serving girl with tanned skin and faint elvish features greets him. "Well, we don't be seeing your kin around here much," with a pleasant voice that puts Xadrez at ease immediately. "My name's Katie, grab ye a seat and I'll be by to get your order in a second."
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby BraveSwordMachine » Tue May 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Xadrez offers back a smile, but while at ease he takes care not to show his teeth which he's found can be... off putting to some. No need to push the girl's hospitality too far, he takes in a breathe and can smell stews and ale, his tail flicks slightly eager to find new things but he's careful to keep it modest in motion.

He finds an empty spot not far away, with a decent view of the stage, of which the Captain said was of utmost importance at the inn, "a fine view of the stage" said enough times that it was imprinted in Xadrez's mind.

He reaches for his hood, then pauses recalling the sideways glances as he walked here, thinking better not draw attention to himself, but his tail and reddish skin has already brought the attention of the nearby patrons so he pulls the hood back to get it out of people's system. The teeth he can hide, but the horns are just a thing that they'll have to deal with.

When Katie comes by a bit later, he offers another closed mouth smile and asks, "Do you happen to have anything sweet?"
BraveSwordMachine
Goblin

Postby FSwriter » Tue May 23, 2017 11:47 pm

Sweeping a stray lock of hair from her forehead, Verquessa looks at the small village for a moment. For the first time since she started this journey she feels a small sense of hope. The past months had been grueling and tested her in ways that often left her sure she would die. However, the sight of the village and the quickly filling Inn let her know that for now she was alive and that's what mattered. Hoisting her pack back on her back the young woman makes her way into the inn...
FSwriter
Goblin

Postby Forrantis » Wed May 24, 2017 2:06 am

Forrantis and Beauregard look around the inn and smile. Forrantis finds the most lively looking group and approaches them. He listens to their talk and waits for a chance to join in and charm them with his wit and aplomb. Beauregard keeps a look out for trouble and will look to tell any tales that others might ask of him (being an anthropomorphic fox in travelling cloths.)

Forrantis attempting to find out who he is supposed to contact in his ambassadorial capacity, and have a good time.
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:45 pm

BraveSwordMachine wrote:Xadrez offers back a smile, but while at ease he takes care not to show his teeth which he's found can be... off putting to some. No need to push the girl's hospitality too far, he takes in a breathe and can smell stews and ale, his tail flicks slightly eager to find new things but he's careful to keep it modest in motion.

He finds an empty spot not far away, with a decent view of the stage, of which the Captain said was of utmost importance at the inn, "a fine view of the stage" said enough times that it was imprinted in Xadrez's mind.

He reaches for his hood, then pauses recalling the sideways glances as he walked here, thinking better not draw attention to himself, but his tail and reddish skin has already brought the attention of the nearby patrons so he pulls the hood back to get it out of people's system. The teeth he can hide, but the horns are just a thing that they'll have to deal with.

When Katie comes by a bit later, he offers another closed mouth smile and asks, "Do you happen to have anything sweet?"
"We have a fine strawberry mead that we laid up last season," she says politely. "We also have honey cakes if ye're interested."
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:51 pm

FSwriter wrote:Sweeping a stray lock of hair from her forehead, Verquessa looks at the small village for a moment. For the first time since she started this journey she feels a small sense of hope. The past months had been grueling and tested her in ways that often left her sure she would die. However, the sight of the village and the quickly filling Inn let her know that for now she was alive and that's what mattered. Hoisting her pack back on her back the young woman makes her way into the inn...

Stepping into the inn's common room Verquessa see's it's about half full. The majority of the patrons are human with a few half elves, half orcs, and halflings scattered in for flavor. However nearly all of Scarn's races can be seen in the room, even a tiefling and a fox-like humanoid that Verquessa has never seen or heard about before. Despite the busy nature of the room there only seems to be one server working and she seems busy with other guests.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Forrantis wrote:Forrantis and Beauregard look around the inn and smile. Forrantis finds the most lively looking group and approaches them. He listens to their talk and waits for a chance to join in and charm them with his wit and aplomb. Beauregard keeps a look out for trouble and will look to tell any tales that others might ask of him (being an anthropomorphic fox in travelling cloths.)

Forrantis attempting to find out who he is supposed to contact in his ambassadorial capacity, and have a good time.
Beauregard seems to be a big hit with the crowd. Perhaps it's because the town is a trade center but the people seem unusually open to strange individuals. One story that Forrantis keeps hearing over and over is that there seem to have been a larger than usual number of Veshan Vigils traveling west across the Blood Steppe toward the Hornsaw Forest. Finally Forrantis finds someone who knows who he's supposed to talk to about his ambassadorial duties. "Rivermaster Phuram Dayal is the man you want to talk to," he's told. "You'll probably find him over at the River House over by the docks."
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby FSwriter » Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 pm

dfryer36 wrote:the inn's common room Verquessa see's it's about half full. The majority of the patrons are human with a few half elves, half orcs, and halflings scattered in for flavor. However nearly all of Scarn's races can be seen in the room, even a tiefling and a fox-like humanoid that Verquessa has never seen or heard about before. Despite the busy nature of the room there only seems to be one server working and she seems busy with other guests.

Verquessa observes the bustling inn for a moment. If this inn were in Shelzar the young woman would know what to do with herself, but being a stranger to this part of the world she decides that simply observing is the best course of action for now.
FSwriter
Goblin

Postby BraveSwordMachine » Thu May 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Xad's eyes grow wide at the mention of strawberry mead and honey cakes.

"Some of the mead, and two honey cakes, please... yes?" he orders with a closed mouth smile. "I hear the entertainment here is remarkable. I am eager to see it."
BraveSwordMachine
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:45 am

BraveSwordMachine wrote:Xad's eyes grow wide at the mention of strawberry mead and honey cakes.

"Some of the mead, and two honey cakes, please... yes?" he orders with a closed mouth smile. "I hear the entertainment here is remarkable. I am eager to see it."
"Well Talbot Cormath is going to be performing later," she says. "He studied at the bard college in Shelzar so he's better than what we would normally attract around here. Some of his songs are a bit..." Her comment trails off and her face becomes flush with embarrassment. "He could make a lot more if he traveled to Lave or Mullis Town. I don't know why he stays around here."
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Forrantis » Mon May 29, 2017 7:48 pm

"Rivermaster Phuram Dayal?" responds Forrantis, "Thank you. We will make our way to the River House now. Beauregard! Beauregard, come here boy!" he called. Beauregard, having heard the summons, sadly bid farewell to the young women with whom he had been flirting and made his way to Forrantis's side. Together they said goodbye to the crowd at the Inn and make their way to the docks in search of the River House.
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby FSwriter » Wed May 31, 2017 12:21 pm

Forrantis wrote:"Rivermaster Phuram Dayal?" responds Forrantis, "Thank you. We will make our way to the River House now. Beauregard! Beauregard, come here boy!" he called. Beauregard, having heard the summons, sadly bid farewell to the young women with whom he had been flirting and made his way to Forrantis's side. Together they said goodbye to the crowd at the Inn and make their way to the docks in search of the River House.

Verquessa observes the man with the unique pet and felt her curiosity piqued. Giving a final look over the bustling Inn, Verquessa gathers her cloak about her shoulders and prepares to follow the man with the pet named Beauregard...
FSwriter
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Xad is not disappointed as the Bard of Trela takes the stage. The half elf has pale skin, teal eyes and short wavy hair the color of plums. His outfit would be impractical for all but an entertainer and is bordering on risque. However, at the same time his sleek athletic build indicates that he could hold his own in a fight if needed. He slides the strap of his cittern over his shoulder, strums it once, and begins to sing.

"I am no king, and I am no lord.
And I am no soldier at arms," said he.
"I am none but a harper, and a very poor harper
That has come hither to wed with thee..."
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Forrantis wrote:"Rivermaster Phuram Dayal?" responds Forrantis, "Thank you. We will make our way to the River House now. Beauregard! Beauregard, come here boy!" he called. Beauregard, having heard the summons, sadly bid farewell to the young women with whom he had been flirting and made his way to Forrantis's side. Together they said goodbye to the crowd at the Inn and make their way to the docks in search of the River House.

The River House is not difficult to find. It is the largest building in town, even larger than the inn. It appears to be part town offices and part store house. The few workers still around are able to quickly direct Forrantis to the Rivermaster's office. When he arrives the door is open and he can see a ruddy barrel chested man seated behind a large desk made of a strange dark wood that is almost black in color. The man has brilliant purple eyes and he is bald. His wardrobe is elegant but functional and is also mostly black in color.

FSwriter wrote:Verquessa observes the man with the unique pet and felt her curiosity piqued. Giving a final look over the bustling Inn, Verquessa gathers her cloak about her shoulders and prepares to follow the man with the pet named Beauregard...
The man you are following crosses the large open spaces of the village green and enters a large building along the docks. From the outside it appears to be some sort of warehouse or storage building.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby FSwriter » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:00 pm

dfryer36 wrote: The man you are following crosses the large open spaces of the village green and enters a large building along the docks. From the outside it appears to be some sort of warehouse or storage building.

Verquessa watches the man enter the building. For several moments indecision paralyzes the young woman. Should she follow him? If she does perhaps he can give her some insight into the strange things that have been happening around her. However, if what if he was entering the building to engage in some kind of illicit activity? After all this was a very common occurrence in Shelzar and surely this part of the world couldn't be that different.

As the young woman considers her options the voice of her mentor sounds in her mind 'Remember girl, you have ways to convince anyone of anything'. Smiling at the memory Verquessa takes a deep breath and then enters the building doing her best to appear as though she belongs there.
FSwriter
Goblin

Postby Forrantis » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:15 pm

The River House is not difficult to find. It is the largest building in town, even larger than the inn. It appears to be part town offices and part store house. The few workers still around are able to quickly direct Forrantis to the Rivermaster's office. When he arrives the door is open and he can see a ruddy barrel chested man seated behind a large desk made of a strange dark wood that is almost black in color. The man has brilliant purple eyes and he is bald. His wardrobe is elegant but functional and is also mostly black in color.

"Hello my good sir. I am Forrantis Talanar and this is my companion Beauregard. I am here to bring salutations and felicitation to you and your fine town during your fine Flower Festival."
(Did Forrantis or Beauregard notice that they were being followed?)
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby BraveSwordMachine » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:16 am

Xad loses himself slightly and grins a wide toothy grin exposing his over grown canines a pearly shock in contrast to his crimson skin.

The sweet cakes arrive, and he indulges in their texture.

Flower Festivals are magnificent things indeed, he thinks to himself, magnificent indeed.
BraveSwordMachine
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:00 am

Forrantis wrote:(Did Forrantis or Beauregard notice that they were being followed?)

OOC: You do notice that someone followed you out of the inn. The woman is not being particularly stealthy and it doesn't appear that she has any malignant intent.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Forrantis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:57 pm

OOC: You do notice that someone followed you out of the inn. The woman is not being particularly stealthy and it doesn't appear that she has any malignant intent.
David Fryer

(On the way to the River House, Beauregard chuckles to himself, turns his head towards Forrantis and whispers with a smile, "They just can't resist me.")
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:30 pm

FSwriter wrote:
dfryer36 wrote: The man you are following crosses the large open spaces of the village green and enters a large building along the docks. From the outside it appears to be some sort of warehouse or storage building.

Verquessa watches the man enter the building. For several moments indecision paralyzes the young woman. Should she follow him? If she does perhaps he can give her some insight into the strange things that have been happening around her. However, if what if he was entering the building to engage in some kind of illicit activity? After all this was a very common occurrence in Shelzar and surely this part of the world couldn't be that different.

As the young woman considers her options the voice of her mentor sounds in her mind 'Remember girl, you have ways to convince anyone of anything'. Smiling at the memory Verquessa takes a deep breath and then enters the building doing her best to appear as though she belongs there.
Inside the building Verquessa sees that the building primarily functions as a warehouse. Crates, barrels, and bales take up almost every free space on the first floor. There is a catwalk the rings the second floor of the building with doors spaced along the wall. A man in workers clothing approaches Verquessa. "Is there something I can help you with miss?"
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:37 pm

Forrantis wrote:

"Hello my good sir. I am Forrantis Talanar and this is my companion Beauregard. I am here to bring salutations and felicitation to you and your fine town during your fine Flower Festival."
(Did Forrantis or Beauregard notice that they were being followed?)

The Rivermaster looks up from his work and grunts "oh um yes, and what can I do for you young man?"
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Next

Return to The Crystal Globe