[TC1 Reboot]Out of Character chat

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Re: [TC1 Reboot]Out of Character chat

Post by RobJN »

Eutrapelico wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:16 pm
RobJN wrote:
Please, let me know when I can take my turn.
The idea was to take the Ogre before his action. But since Moris got caught Pio is going to use the fact he is close to the ogre for a sneak attack.

Sneak Attack (Special)
Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Pio is done for this round. Stand from prone > move >hide (Cunning Action) > search & snatch up dagger used up his actions.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Incidentally, my dear players, the current spate of posting-of-actions fits more or less with this section's initative rolls. Quarilran > Horvik > Handmaidens > Shannon, Moris > ogre

Makes it quite easy to 'script' actions' outcomes :D
Rob
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Round (almost!) resolved. The map has been updated.

I just need current action clarifications and rolls from Pio and Moris, should they decide to make attacks, and then I can edit in the ogre's actions (last in round, poor thing with terrible Dex ;( )

Please note that in-post, I've only outlined the most obvious actions for Moris. You're certainly not limited to just those (See Chapter 9 of the Basic Rules)

Since everybody keeps telling the girls what to do, I've refocused their initiative to 10, after Shannon and Pio's 11s, but before the ogre's 9.

Also, I'm tinkering with various shading layers on the map. Is it clear what's "dark," "dim," and "lit"? Let me know how it is working for you, and if I can clarify it any.
Rob

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

RobJN wrote:
I just need current action clarifications and rolls from Pio and Moris, should they decide to make attacks, and then I can edit in the ogre's actions (last in round, poor thing with terrible Dex ;( )

Please note that in-post, I've only outlined the most obvious actions for Moris. You're certainly not limited to just those (See Chapter 9 of the Basic Rules)

Since everybody keeps telling the girls what to do, I've refocused their initiative to 10, after Shannon and Pio's 11s, but before the ogre's 9.

Also, I'm tinkering with various shading layers on the map. Is it clear what's "dark," "dim," and "lit"? Let me know how it is working for you, and if I can clarify it any.
Pio is going to shoot at the ogre using his crossbow and the chance to use sneak attack because the creature is 5 feet from. Moris.

Would that surprise the ogre?

Then he is going back to the shadows allowing a distraction for Moris and Pio's own next sneak attack. No movement yet.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Eutrapelico wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 pm
Pio is going to shoot at the ogre using his crossbow and the chance to use sneak attack because the creature is 5 feet from. Moris.

Would that surprise the ogre?

Then he is going back to the shadows allowing a distraction for Moris and Pio's own next sneak attack. No movement yet.
All Pio is armed with is his dagger, which he snatched from the tangled pile of weapons in the shadowy corner of the room.
Rob

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

RobJN wrote:
All Pio is armed with is his dagger, which he snatched from the tangled pile of weapons in the shadowy corner of the room.
I had registered that, but then we were talking about the possible attacks and I got things mixed up.

Dagger it is.
Hit and run.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Gentlemen, the round's post has been rounded out with the halflings' actions, as well as those of the ogre.

Next round begins. Intentions and die rolls, if you please :D

Initiative runs as follows: Quarilran (19), Horvik (17), Pio (13), Moris and Shannon (11s), the girls (10), the ogre (9).
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Eutrapelico wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:25 am
Dagger it is.
Hit and run.
I interpreted this as move > (sneak) attack > disengage?
Rob

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

RobJN wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:42 pm
Eutrapelico wrote:
Dagger it is.
Hit and run.
Yes. Because Pio may either move away next or engage again depending on the outcome.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Eutrapelico wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:05 pm
RobJN wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:42 pm
Eutrapelico wrote:
Dagger it is.
Hit and run.
Yes. Because Pio may either move away next or engage again depending on the outcome.
Being in the same page is always good :)
Rob

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

RobJN wrote: Being in the same page is always good :)
It is going to help you better when I be clearer in my next description.
I apologize.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Not declaring my action until those who go before have. I may want to assist them or take advantage of their actions to do my own thing.

Redmap1
Orc

Post by Redmap1 »

When it's my turn to act, I plan to stay in the shadows and out of the range of the ogre while looking for my xbow.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Redmap1 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:23 pm
When it's my turn to act, I plan to stay in the shadows and out of the range of the ogre while looking for my xbow.
Give me a couple d20 rolls: Wisdom (Perception) to quickly look over the many sacks, boxes, bales, and piles of furs...
Rob

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

5 damage against an ogre? We could be here for some time.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

Improvised weapons suck in 5e

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

If 4 of us can find iron skillets, marble rolling pins and fire irons then that could be approx 15-20 damage a round and he'll be toast in no time. Might be time for more hocus pocus
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Is there room enough for Shannon to sidle along the kitchen wall (With his back to the wall.) into the shadows where Moris is. While the ogre is distracted with the Elf and Horvik. I should be flanking the ogre when doing so and also keeping a eye out for my weapons or something that can be used for a weapon.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

The ogre controls the space between the chamber's southern wall and the table.

He could conceivably go under the table -- it is roughly 5 feet in height, so Shannon would have to stoop. Due to the awkward posture, I'll call that Difficult Terrain for Medium-sized folk (the halflings could fit under there with no problem)
Rob

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

RobJN wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:14 am
The ogre controls the space between the chamber's southern wall and the table.

He could conceivably go under the table -- it is roughly 5 feet in height, so Shannon would have to stoop. Due to the awkward posture, I'll call that Difficult Terrain for Medium-sized folk (the halflings could fit under there with no problem)

It just looks like the southern wall of kitchen is the only path. While most admittedly, the Ogre could look in my direction anytime if I try going that way, but he's is preoccupied with the Elf and Horvik.

The path to the table looks blocked to me. The Horvik & the Ogre are standing right there. It looks like I'd have to either walk through the firepit or them to get to the table.

If you say that heading underneath the table is the path of least resistance, I won't argue with that and try crawling or stooping underneath the table.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Oh, I get it now, I thought the area where I scribbled in blue pen, was free space, but on closer inspection, that's just a entire wall. No going that way.

Providing that the Elf has jumped up onto the table and that Horvik has moved forward to engage the Ogre. I might sneak behind Horvik's back being careful not to step into the fire pit heading for -under the table- from there, sneaking the best I can. BTW, since I'm walking past the firepit and incase the ogre does notice me, could I grab a piece of burning wood to defend myself with. Presuming there is wood burning in the fire pit, and I should be wearing leather gloves to protect my hands. Otherwise, I'll just crouch down to get under the table.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Pop-Tik wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:58 pm
Oh, I get it now, I thought the area where I scribbled in blue pen, was free space, but on closer inspection, that's just a entire wall. No going that way.

Providing that the Elf has jumped up onto the table and that Horvik has moved forward to engage the Ogre. I might sneak behind Horvik's back being careful not to step into the fire pit heading for under the table from there, sneaking the best I can. BTW, since I walking past the firepit and incase the ogre does notice me, could I grab a piece of burning wood to defend myself with. Presuming there is wood burning in the fire pit, and I should be wearing leather gloves to protect my hands
Shannon can sneak behind Horvik (he’s taken the elf’s place on the map, there, and the elf is on the shelf table). Hiding would probably have to wait until after he gets away from it.

Snatching up a burning bit of wood from the fire shouldn’t be a problem. He’ll have to keep track of how much time he’s got with it before it burns down too low.
Rob

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

If possible, Pio is going to use the furniture to hide as a bonus action, in order to strike again at the ogre with advantage and sneak attack.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

RobJN wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:25 pm
Pop-Tik wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:58 pm

Providing that the Elf has jumped up onto the table and that Horvik has moved forward to engage the Ogre. I might sneak behind Horvik's back being careful not to step into the fire pit heading for under the table from there, sneaking the best I can. BTW, since I walking past the firepit and incase the ogre does notice me, could I grab a piece of burning wood to defend myself with. Presuming there is wood burning in the fire pit, and I should be wearing leather gloves to protect my hands
Shannon can sneak behind Horvik (he’s taken the elf’s place on the map, there, and the elf is on the shelf table). Hiding would probably have to wait until after he gets away from it.

Snatching up a burning bit of wood from the fire shouldn’t be a problem. He’ll have to keep track of how much time he’s got with it before it burns down too low.
First, I'm gonna sneak behind Horviks back, sidling along the wall while keeping a eye out for the ogre until I reach the fire pit....

Redmap1
Orc

Post by Redmap1 »

I will attempt to break out of the grapple by using acrobatic. Is this something for this round.

Return to “The Crystal Globe”